2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-07-11, 11:15   Link #1241
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
If he hadn't done his very bad thing and killed Shirley, I would be more inclined to feel bad for Rolo. Still and all, his death was pretty damn epic.

(It's been a year, this is the R2 impressions thread, these aren't spoilers and you should know this already.)
Old 2009-07-13, 19:32   Link #1242
Kytherno
12th Supernova

I gave it 9/10

The animation was pretty good for the most part.
Graphics were good, but sometimes, pieces seemed to be missing. I remember wondering what happened to lelouch's neck at times.
The Voice acting was superb, even in English.
The Script was liquid gold.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 12:48   Link #1243
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

This was the one show that had me:

1) Freaking out at the end of season 1 how they left it...that fucking gun shot!
2) Waiting for the releases every Sunday morning. I wouldn't go out till the download was started.
3) Wishing I could watch it in high def...it would be epic

The ending was freaking epic too. I did not see any of the last few eps coming. Overall I give it a 9/10.

PS. I still think the Farmer at the end was Lelouch. And I hope one day we'll get a movie....You never know!
Old 2009-07-14, 14:11   Link #1244
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
PS. I still think the Farmer at the end was Lelouch. And I hope one day we'll get a movie....You never know!
Just to be sure, you are aware that official sources have confirmed, multiple times, that Lelouch is, in fact, dead?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 22:56   Link #1245
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Just to be sure, you are aware that official sources have confirmed, multiple times, that Lelouch is, in fact, dead?
You don't need to spoil all the fun, Nobby.

Well... Tyrone: Lelouch is dead. Confirmed. A shame, cause i wanted a movie too, it would be so damn nice and epic... But hey, we got to live with that. He's not the farmer or the cartdriver... As long as Sunrise still didn't retcon that to make a couple of bucks, but, for now( and since Geass is already getting old will probably stay this way) he's dead like the macarena.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 23:27   Link #1246
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
You don't need to spoil all the fun, Nobby.
Oh, but I do. As the Knight of Shirley I must bring order to an otherwise chaotic world (yes, that's in addition to defending Shirley's honor. Read the charter) And that will involve the occassional spoiling of fun. Them's the breaks.
Old 2009-07-16, 04:08   Link #1247
Randominus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Well... Tyrone: Lelouch is dead. Confirmed. A shame, cause i wanted a movie too, it would be so damn nice and epic... But hey, we got to live with that. He's not the farmer or the cartdriver... As long as Sunrise still didn't retcon that to make a couple of bucks, but, for now( and since Geass is already getting old will probably stay this way) he's dead like the macarena.
Yeah. Taniguchi himself confirmed it (Lelouch's death). A movie would be nice, but I think 2 seasons is enough. Oh well...Sunrise will be Sunrise...:P
Randominus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 12:04   Link #1248
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I won't believe it! I saw that yes, he is confirmed dead. But I recall an interview the creator said "Lelouch vi Brittania is dead." But what about Lelouch Lamperouge? HUH HUH!?!?!

You never know man, I'm just saying if they decide to make a movie or something they can always bring him back. Or maybe he lost all his memories after getting stabbed...

But I just wanted this series to end on a happy note...and it didn't. Mad me angry. More angry then Sunrise saying they will be making a Gundam Seed movie 5 years ago...WTF HAPPEND WITH THAT ONE!??!
Old 2009-07-16, 12:15   Link #1249
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Lelouch Lamperouge never existed in the first place
it was just a cover name he and nunnaly were hiding under
lelouch IS "Lelouch vi Brittania"
he was born Lelouch vi Brittania
and he DIED Lelouch vi Brittania
why do you think he always geassed people with the command "Lelouch vi Brittania commands you" ?
thats who HE considered himself to be
Old 2009-07-16, 12:18   Link #1250
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
Lelouch Lamperouge never existed in the first place
it was just a cover name he and nunnaly were hiding under
lelouch IS "Lelouch vi Brittania"
he was born Lelouch vi Brittania
and he DIED Lelouch vi Brittania
why do you think he always geassed people with the command "Lelouch vi Brittania commands you" ?
thats who HE considered himself to be
And that is who he was. It is not about considering or anything, he is who he is.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 12:19   Link #1251
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
And that is who he was. It is not about considering or anything, he is who he is.
touche
but my point still stands
Lamperouge was just a cover name
lelouch is (or rather WAS) lelouch vi britannia
Old 2009-07-16, 12:20   Link #1252
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
touche
but my point still stands
Lamperouge was just a cover name
lelouch is (or rather WAS) lelouch vi britannia
Lol, "your point still stands" is irrelevant on this occasion. Lelouch, is Lelouch Vi Brittania, that is.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 14:14   Link #1253
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I won't believe it! I saw that yes, he is confirmed dead. But I recall an interview the creator said "Lelouch vi Brittania is dead." But what about Lelouch Lamperouge? HUH HUH!?!?!
I think Lelouch Lamperouge died when Shirley died. Or some time around then anyway. But yeah, what blade said. Whatever name you want to spin on him, the point is that Lelouch is dead.

EDIT: Also, I think this may be appropriate.

Old 2009-07-22, 00:06   Link #1254
FadedSunrise

9/10

-1 for the major FAIL way in which Charles the ALMIGHTY EMPEROR had his final days on the throne. Seriously. Why is it the character who was built up as the seed of all evil had to go down that way?? As cliche as a final confrontation with the villain might be, somehow I was more annoyed that the confrontation was not so final.

I don't feel like I'm qualified to judge on animation and editing.

There was quite a lot of characters that never had more development, such as Gino and Anya, but only one character rubbed me the wrong way, and that's pretty good for such a large cast.

JUST AH. WHAT A JUMBLED ENDING. Or rather, leading up to the ending. Lelouch and Suzaku's final penance I feel was fitting and the redeeming quality to the ending. As much as Lelouch was uber cool, a passionately burning flame like that will burn out. It didn't seem right if Lelouch somehow survived, for the tone of the story. Otherwise, the only thing I've marathoned in new anime for...a couple months now. So to get that status I'm not taking off more than the one point.
FadedSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 01:19   Link #1255
Vangrim
Missing Detective

Finished it during the last September, but I never gave my impressions. R2 went downhill from the start. Although it never failed to have me on the edge of my seat, because I love Code Geass, it raped its own plot to an extent where all the great things S1 built turned into a "everything is fabulous because I have this ultimate generation robot". The breath-taking ending of S1 deserved a different follow-up.

The worst in my opinion:
  • The "amnesia" start.
  • Xingke fooling around with his apparently mortal disease and surviving until the wedding.
  • The Knights of Rounds lack of plot participation until the last few episodes (worst example: Dorothea's 4 seconds). One could argue, were they even neccesary? I myself liked the concept, but they were completely misused.
  • Freakin' 5 full episodes for the China sidestory.
  • The stupid Ragnarok = Third Impact likeness.

The best in my opinion:
  • Geass Sundays.
  • Lelouch's speech as the new emperor plus Suzaku's Knight of Zero announcement.
  • The music. R2 gave birth to bgms like "Beautiful Emperor" that will truly stay with me forever.
  • The animation quality, which I think never went down.
  • Some emotional value here and there (particularly, the deaths).
  • The overall feeling. It wasn't S1-like, but despite the lighter colorful tone, I enjoyed it and watching it was a great anime trip.
Vangrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 02:17   Link #1256
ControlMajorTom

Great show, but why is it that EVERYONE SEEMS TO CHEAT DEATH?

There were so many times during the show I was screaming "HOW THE FUCK DID HE SURVIVE? AND WHY WON'T THEY EXPLAIN HOW?" Especially with Suzaku at the end.
ControlMajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 06:32   Link #1257
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Heck, I have many reasons not to like this series. It is a fine way to get someone hooked into anime but it is full of plotholes, bad directing, random changes of scenes, you name it.

I give it a 6/10. It sounds strict but I wrote a huge review about it and this rating came up. So, there, I think it is a nice watch but not a masterpiece.

Maybe a nice compilation of everything a viewer likes in anime but it takes good directing on top of that and the series is simply one big fail in this department which I kind of care a lot.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 10:59   Link #1258
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Maybe a nice compilation of everything a viewer likes in anime but it takes good directing on top of that and the series is simply one big fail in this department which I kind of care a lot.
Everything else can be debated but I really, really have to disagree with you there, about that specific point.

I think most of the actual problems are due to writing issues, such as plot compression and lack of exposition, not because of "bad" directing, and in any case the known difficulties related to the production should also be taken into consideration before making such absolute statements.

If anything, I think there are plenty of episodes that have poor writing but are still as well directed as they could be, all things considered, including a number of nice touches that go beyond the supposedly "random" scene changes you seem to find at fault, which would have more to do with editing and time constraints as well.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 11:33   Link #1259
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Ok, it had poor editing and they prefered to air the next episode as soon as possible. It still makes it sound bad.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 14:37   Link #1260
Anime Daisuki

Code Geass was the single anime that had me looking forward to the end of my weekends.

You can't count the farmer out though. Although official sources have stated that he is dead, the reason they made it an open ending was so they could start the story all over again if they ever want to. So the idea of a movie isn't completely impossible.