AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-02-25, 14:02   Link #21
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori Branford
Fixed for you. There's been talk about something like that, possibly starring Tobey Maguire.
OMG no way.... Thats awsome..... but TOBEY MAGURIE... I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT.. BUT ITS GOOD TO KNOW
xxziggybitsxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 15:00   Link #22
linuxguru

I'm surprised that Kana Imouto hasn't been made into an anime. Or maybe one is plannned after the anime-like Xbox conversion is done. Panther is putting a lot of work into a game conversion for a really small market.
linuxguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 02:06   Link #23
Zor

Heh...one of my wish came true

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children.

Long after i completed the game....i wished that an anime or a sequel to game would follow. I hoped more for the game sequel. This anime was like a wish came true
Zor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 02:13   Link #24
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
A video game turn anime. Well I know it proboly would'nt happen but i'd love to see phantasy star made ( 1,2,3,4 ) made anime.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 04:52   Link #25
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonkey
I second Starcraft.

Also, Xenogears would be cool.
They're coming out with a Xenosaga anime when all the other Xenosaga episodes are done. I really look forward to it.

On more thing, it's PC Games ---> Anime not Console Games ---> Anime.
Old 2004-03-05, 05:41   Link #26
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I have a ton: Sam & Max, Monkey Island, Full Throttle, basically all the old skool Lucas Arts games before they sold out to their Star Wars fans. (Although a new Sam & Max game is coming out.) Those would make great anime.

Quest for Glory would be a GREAT and hailrious series.
Along with Space Quest. Djurkwhad is one of the best play on word names, EVER.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 09:26   Link #27
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Super Robot War Alpha!

Yeah! Mix up 20+ mecha anime stories into a game with a crazy story, and convert the game back into an anime! What a riot! Of course it will never ever happen... What that short SRW dojin manga was fun.

I bet some Korean studios considered doing Star Craft, since the game was so popular over there. But, has there been any real success with converting original game to TV or big screen? Wing Commander sucked royally. Final Fantasy is not really related to the games, and the movie is kind of meh. That Mario Brother thing sucked too, right?
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 09:52   Link #28
brightman
Ancient Member

Well, it seems people don't seem to know the difference between PC games and VIDEO games...

But anyway, PC games as we know it are pretty dead in Japan. Their PC gaming industry only thrives on bishoujo games and typing games, so I doubt that anyone in Japan would do an anime of a non-Japanese PC game (like Starcraft).

The only exception I can think of is Ragnarok Online, which is getting very popular in Japan right now and GONZO is making an anime of that for April.
Old 2004-03-05, 10:41   Link #29
Zor

Ahhhhhh yes.......its my fault. Sorry. FF7 is a PS game. Heheh....

But i thought there was FF7 for the pc correct?. If not but still using some software (forgot the name of that software) that allows you to play ps games on PC. Hehehe.

Oh well my mistake. Gomen gomen ^^;;
Old 2004-03-05, 11:41   Link #30
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
(Although a new Sam & Max game is coming out.)
i am sorry to have to tell you this but, they have come up with the extremly stupid idea of not doing sam & max 2 ännu more. maybe for the future but now it is a no no. So now we shall all call them Retarded instaid of Lucas Arts
Hisoka44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 13:48   Link #31
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
there IS a Chrono Trigger anime, you can find it here at animesuki
Halo...would be more of an action/sci fi movie...an AMERICAN action/sci fi movie...because y'know...Bungie is a predominantly north american company.
i wanna see a final fantasy anime...a GOOD one...
and maybe a Lunar anime too (even though there's about an hour's worth of anime cutscenes...)
I also go with starcraft to be an anime and/or movie.

Along with that, Marathon 1, 2, and infinity(3, whatever.) Most people don't know this great game and call Halo an original.

Well, boys and girls, that ain't true. It's made by the same company(bungie), and i believe the 2nd one was ported(very badly) to the windows platform.
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 09:46   Link #32
cheez
duh?

Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
They're coming out with a Xenosaga anime when all the other Xenosaga episodes are done. I really look forward to it.

Yeah, I read that in GameInformer a month or so ago. I almost wish I hadn't because now I'll be slobbering in anticipation for the next few years O_O.

Oh, I'm also putting my vote toward Starcraft.

My anime-goliath > your anime-mutalisk! Ha!
cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 15:34   Link #33
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

A Dungeon Siege anime would be nice
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 06:03   Link #34
Zor

I just thought of another cool game to be turned into anime. How about Grim Fandango

Thats a nice game. Relaxing game, nice music. Manny is simply funny dude.
Old 2010-09-14, 00:20   Link #35
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

Games that you would think would make good OVAs,Movies, whatever you wanna make it, T

Iv'e always wanted a Captain Commando or Cyberbots/Tech Romancer , or Gundam Blue Destiny OVA

Last edited by Dragonar Fan; 2010-09-15 at 11:07.
Dragonar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 04:21   Link #36
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
my list would be... Ever17 ~the out of infinity~ and the rest of that series

also Demon Bane, Gin Iro, Aka and Utawarerumono
There already IS an anime of Utawarerumono. And several OVAs. You kinda missed the bandwagon there.

I personally would love to see Golden Sun 1 & 2 as an anime. And with Golden Sun DS coming out November 29th, 2010, we would have material for at least a couple seasons worth.

I would also absolutely love to see an anime be made out of the Fire Emblem (Dawn of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) games. In my humble opinion Radiant Dawn had the best storyline out of all the games, not to mention it and Dawn of Radiance are the most recent. And if not those two, then maybe Sacred Stones. But all Fire Emblem games have pretty good storylines, and just about any of them would make a good anime.

And just because I can say it, I'll just put KOTOR 1 & 2 out there. I doubt it would ever happen in a million years, but a fanboy can still dream, right?
Old 2010-09-15, 05:22   Link #37
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

How about Assassin's Creed and Red Dead Redemption?

The first one has massive Toaru Majutsu no Index and The Da Vinci Code vibes with most of the plot talking about Templars and the Crusades. The other one can be a more gritty version of Trigun.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 18:28   Link #38
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
There already IS an anime of Utawarerumono. And several OVAs. You kinda missed the bandwagon there.
That comment was written in 2004, before the anime came out in 2006; yeah this topic is ancient.

I think Phoenix Wright/ Gyakuten Saiban franchise would make a great anime. The series is full of great jokes, characters, and twists. The soundtracks are also amongst my favorites and fit the series so well that they don't really need to make new music for the series.

It's also a visual novel series so it's mostly story driven and from my experience visual novel adaptations are generally better than adaptations of more interactive video games; the only non-visual novel video game adaptation I enjoyed was Gungrave.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 11:11   Link #39
white wing
degausser
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonkey View Post
I second Starcraft.

Also, Xenogears would be cool.
well for starcraft i prefer it to be in a hollywood movie form

but mgs could work well as an anime imo
white wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 12:49   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I've love an anime based on Golden Sun and Final Fantasy VI.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote