AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-08, 22:16   Link #1
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Questions about Oro [Spoilers]

I'm not sure if all of this stuff has been asked before, so here it goes...

How come it seems like he can perform a bunch of jutsos without using handseals? He can basically extend his tongue whenever he wants and then get a sword to come out. He also seemed to be able to cast his fear jutso just by looking at people.

Does he just cast the jutso once and then he can use it forever?

Also, when he steals peoples' bodies, does he carry over his huge amount of chakra or would he be stuck with the existing person's chakra?

and the final question:

If he does manage to steal sasuke's body, do you guys think he would be able to defeat Itachi? I'm gonna say yes. [Oro + Sharingan = unstopable]
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 22:21   Link #2
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
I'm not sure if all of this stuff has been asked before, so here it goes...

How come it seems like he can perform a bunch of jutsos without using handseals? He can basically extend his tongue whenever he wants and then get a sword to come out. He also seemed to be able to cast his fear jutso just by looking at people.
Well like neji he doesn't preform hand seals just concentrates his jitsu to that area

Quote:
Does he just cast the jutso once and then he can use it forever?
knowing oro yes.

Quote:
Also, when he steals peoples' bodies, does he carry over his huge amount of chakra or would he be stuck with the existing person's chakra?
he's stuck with that person's. somewhere in the manga and anime he states he wants to breed sasuke a certain way and when the time comes.

and the final question:

Quote:
If he does manage to steal sasuke's body, do you guys think he would be able to defeat Itachi? I'm gonna say yes. [Oro + Sharingan = unstopable]
I'll say yes also, Oro + Sharingan seems pretty deadly
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 22:40   Link #3
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I don't know that it's a 'fear jutsu' as much as people are already scared of him because they know what he can do...

I would guess he's stuck with the level of chakra that the body is at.

I put up a post somewhere in another thread that went

Chakra:
Body energy + concentration = chakra
•If your body can make 3 units of chakra but your mind can only concentrate for 1 unit - then you've got 1 unit
•If you have intense concentration (enough for 10 units of chakra) but your body is tired and can only produce 5 - you get 5 units of chakra

[Oro + sharingan] >Itachi? I dunno about that one...
I think it was Oro who said that Sasuke has more potential than Itachi; if so, that mayt have been wishful thinking on Oro's part.

Oro would have to do some INTENSE training for YEARS to get his new body to the point it was at before. Example: The Sharingan. Oro can't use it immediately; he has to learn how to unleash its powers.

Worst-case scenario for the Immortality jutsu? I would think he'd have to learn to do EVERYTHING again, like walking, eating...like paralysis victims who have to relearn how to use their body.

Taijutsu would be the worst - your new body has a different height, weight, arm/leg reach, flexibility, strength, center of gravity, etc.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 23:38   Link #4
shiznitty

raikgage, your avatars creepy
shiznitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 00:38   Link #5
Hybrid
props to uzi626

actually the body- chakra thing contradicts itself

because that means that

Oro with a weak girl's body (kin perhaps not sure) > 3rd hokage old

and that is MESSED
Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 01:08   Link #6
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid

because that means that

and that is MESSED
Actually, I thought about that too.

You're assuming 2 things
1) the new body is a girl
2) the new body is weak

About those,
1) doesn't really matter either way
2) you don't know that - Kakashi said to Naruto "There are kids in this world younger than you, yet stronger than me."

If YOU took over someone's body, which would you prefer - a weak one, or a strong one? There was a ten year gap between the time Oro left Konoha and the time you're talking about (I don't think this thread has a spoiler tag, so I'll leave it as is); more than long enough to look over prospective bodies from ALL villages.

P.S. There may be a new bloodline limit in Oro's current body - again, if YOU had your pick, which would you choose?

P.P.S. Who knows who my avatar is?
Old 2003-12-09, 01:11   Link #7
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Actually, I thought about that too.

You're assuming 2 things
1) the new body is a girl
2) the new body is weak

About those,
1) doesn't really matter either way
2) you don't know that - Kakashi said to Naruto "There are kids in this world younger than you, yet stronger than me."

If YOU took over someone's body, which would you prefer - a weak one, or a strong one? There was a ten year gap between the time Oro left Konoha and the time you're talking about (I don't think this thread has a spoiler tag, so I'll leave it as is); more than long enough to look over prospective bodies from ALL villages.

P.S. There may be a new bloodline limit in Oro's current body - again, if YOU had your pick, which would you choose?

Spoiler:

your avatar is that thing from Vandread.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 11:59   Link #8
TheGreatYakoshi
The Baka Mangaka Returns!

About that chakra issue and Oro having a new body...

Quote:
"Chakra is the energy a Shinobi needs when performing a Jutsu. That energy has two parts. The body energy that is in each of the billions of your cells, and the spiritual energy gained through training and other experiences. To release Chakra means to bring out these two types of energy and mix them together within your body." - Naruto Guide
First Part: Body Energy
This is the difficult part, where Oro would have to find a body with a large amount of stamina. (Probably by training Sasuke)

Second Part: Spiritual Energy
Somehow, I think this energy could be carried over when he switches bodies. That means that half of his work would be done.

Having to completely start over again each time would completely suck, I don't think MJ is that stupid, the Immortaility Jutsu shouldn't have an obvious weakness like that. Also, I don't think it would take too much effort to learn how to use a new body. I'm sure Oro scouts out his bodies before he jumps into them to see just what they're capable of.
Spoiler:
Hm..I wonder if MJ gets access to your mind when he takes your body...
TheGreatYakoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 20:52   Link #9
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid

because that means that

and that is MESSED

i thought about this too, but i concluded that it wasn't true the girl musta been someone other than kin, someone exetremely talented but not quite as talented sasuke, who knows maybe they'll explain who it is later.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 21:38   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Hu.
Actually Oro isn't in a girl body you know.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 22:11   Link #11
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
As Hunter-san said, Oro's with a boy's body, not a girl's. As said by the Sound nins, Oro's with the body of a boy named Kimimaro.

About Dopeskilss-san questions:

1- Like ahhsin said, Oro just have to concentrate Chakra in that area. The same as the Rasengan and the Chidori. Concentrating and transforming huge amounts of Chakra in places like your feet or your hands don't require seals to use.

2- No, that's not it. You don't have to cast seals to use the Chidori, the Rasengan or hand/feet-based jutsu. Just concentrate your Chakra in that body's area.

3- He'll be stuck with that person's Chakra, since the Inner Coils System is part of the organic body, and not part of the soul. Oro can transfer his soul, but he can't transfer his body conditions.

4- Yes, Oro would pretty much be able to beat Itachi. Actually, it isn't safe to say Itachi's stronger than Oro even now. Since Oro bases strenght in the number of jutsu you know, he considers Itachi stronger than him- in other words, he's insecure about his strenght cause Itachi has countless jutsu due the Mange Sharingan. Anyways, I'm not saying Oro's stronger than Itachi, nor that Itachi's stronger than Oro. Just that it's wrong to say Itachi's stronger than him when Oro bases strenght in different and wrong ways (how many times have I said this already? ). But, with the Sharingan, Oro would overcome his insecureness and probably try to fight Itachi.

YOSH! Gotta read some 20th Century Boys now. Man, it's so cool! No wonder they're comparing its story even to AKIRA.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 23:36   Link #12
Izlude
Sharingan!

Watching Oro v. Naruto/Sasuke in the forest, he forms hand seals VERY quickly.

Just an observation.
Izlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 23:39   Link #13
Gaara_
ぬけ人

Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
If Oro's new body is not a girl, then it must be Haku, it was a very feminine face.
Gaara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 23:51   Link #14
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
Itachi woud win vs. Oro by far. Itachi is a SHARINGAN MASTER while if oro took over sasuke's body he would have to learn how to use the sharingan effectively, and also sasuke cant use mange sharingan yet.
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 00:16   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

A question to the Gurus..How does Oro put the fear of death just pulling down on his eye (i.e. sasuke/sakura in the forest of death)? Is it a jutsu?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikage
Pyoro from Vandread..better than star wars ..oh, and how do the last line in your sig along with the characters holding the sign are changing? my guess is............
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 00:31   Link #16
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
A question to the Gurus..How does Oro put the fear of death just pulling down on his eye (i.e. sasuke/sakura in the forest of death)? Is it a jutsu?
Pyoro from Vandread..better than star wars ..oh, and how do the last line in your sig along with the characters holding the sign are changing? my guess is............

My sig is my secret
If you know enough about computers, I'm sure you can find it.

The fear of death is NOT a jutsu, it's a killing intent so powerful, you can feel it in your core.

"This guy is gonna kill me and nothing is going to stop him short of death."

Remember way back during the bridge storyline? Kakashi vs Zabuza, round 1. Sasuke was about to commit suicide because he couldn't take the killing intent projected by Zabuza.
Old 2003-12-10, 00:43   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Then why did Oro pull on his eye; left eye to be accurate..or is it just another inconsistency in the stroy to portray Oro-sama the villain?...

how about one subtle clue?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 03:17   Link #18
luckme10
Just call me G

Location: California, bay area or is it San Diego... not sure
Send a message via AIM to luckme10
I think Oro means like "huh?" or something..it was used alot by kenshin in well Kenshin
luckme10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 03:24   Link #19
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Well, Oro used some type of fear justso on Kakashi without really doing anything. He probably just pulled on his eye that one time to freak people out.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 03:42   Link #20
aznkoodies
[asian - coo - deez]

Send a message via AIM to aznkoodies
Quote:
Of course, Oro'll waiting for Sasuke's body to mature and then take it over.

Quote:
I'm gonna say yes. [Oro + Sharingan = unstopable]
Immediately after transferring into Sasuke's body? No.
In the long run? Yes.

Also, have any of you ever thought beyond Oro's goal?
His known purpose is to seek knowledge and learn all the jutsus in the world. With the Sharingan, it will make the process faster.

I believe he won't stop there. Acquiring the Sharingan is just the beginning, I believe he'll go after the Hyuuga clan and try to gain their knowledge, family secrets, and Advanced Bloodline.

Currently, without the Sharingan, Oro fears Itachi. Having the Sharingan after Sasuke matures and mastering it, he made the Sharingan vs. Byugakan (sp?) battle more level.

My theory, speculation, and few cents..
aznkoodies is offline   Reply With Quote