AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-11, 17:53   Link #1881
DuoRanger
Banned

funny, i was really planning to dl again LoL, but yesterday i've received my Dota 2 Beta Account after 6 months of raeg

The AI in that game is more ganker than LoL in terms of ambush
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 20:57   Link #1882
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
It's common knowledge that you play Leona as support in a kill lane. aaa played against ...SK? if my memory is right and bursted Linak on Janna several times from 100 to 0.

Hmmm I guess they run Corki or Graves with her for burst damage then(if not, who?, Maybe Sivir or MF?)

I've been playing Dominion some more since I finally got to practicing a decent bit in bots, so been trying real games with mostly Irelia so far I am finding very Early tanky-Irelia to work pretty well(HoG + boots Start > Merc. > Wit's End > Omen > Spirit Vasage > Trinity(for long matches) never gotten to point of 6th item though yet in a real game ).

Also I swear I am going to just buy Akali(with IP) to try soon flat out, my patience for waiting for her to be free is growing thin, seeing as she hasn't been free once since I started .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 11:28   Link #1883
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Week 16 rotation has started. And Fiora is in it! After trying her out tonight, I'm definitely saving up participation points to 6.3k to unlock her once this week's rotation is over. She is just a wonder. Pulled off a 17-0 match with her tonight. Item build at match's end was Tenacity Greaves, The Bloodthirster, The Black Cleaver, Dancing Blades. Movement speed close to 500, crits for around 600, Lunge and ulti combo bursts taking out 2-3 people with ease, smashing turrets down in about 5 seconds. Certainly in multi situations, geared tanks or versus CC-oriented characters, Fiora could be in trouble. But timing can overcome that if your teammates are capable enough to play well.

I came across so many Graves players during last week's rotation. Nearly all of them were terrible and easy kills. A couple were good, but it's a character that really needs a CCer or tank to roll with. Not convinced it deserves that 6.3k price tag.
Old 2012-03-13, 13:32   Link #1884
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I came across so many Graves players during last week's rotation. Nearly all of them were terrible and easy kills. A couple were good, but it's a character that really needs a CCer or tank to roll with. Not convinced it deserves that 6.3k price tag.
Imo Graves can be as competent as Corki when it comes to ranged AD carrying. Awesome passive to survive duels, AS steroids on a very fast cd, great punishment in buckshot if anyone gets close (and further punishment with quickdraw), AoE ultimate and pretty special CC that can foil the plans of any skillshot champ.
As for this week's rotation...I had forgotten how much Xerath owns, I'm very surprised people picked Karthus over him in tourneys. Cool move: port to lizard ward (or any ward in brush), go to golems(or drake or nashor), W, smartcast QRRR, get a triple kill on pushers (or a steal on junglers) Of course, there was a good lot of baiting that had to be done for the turret TF to go down like that, but I'm amazed at how much he can contribute in a fight from a safe distance. His passive also helps build him very offensively without as much risk, I'm buying him after this week...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 19:56   Link #1885
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Range ad carrys are all very close together because of the relative spell-independant nature of this role. Farm alot, have exceptionally good positioning in fights - that's how range carrys become deadly weapons in the hands of experienced players.

I think every range AD is viable right now and last IEM showed this - almost every true ad carry was at least picked once, if I'm correct (twitch doesn't count, he's more the roamer/jungler type).

Speaking of which, wasn't the next champ supposed to be a range AD carry? It's been an unusal long time without a newchamp announcement or teaser.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 21:47   Link #1886
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Speaking of which, wasn't the next champ supposed to be a range AD carry? It's been an unusal long time without a newchamp announcement or teaser.
No the next one is the long awaited true support champ supposedly, and I saw some red post about it supposedly having some community feedback or something?

And my Irelia build for dominion seems to be working great, so far so I guess I won't plan to mess with it currently...(usually having great K/D/A and first easily on teams most of the time).
MAL
Old 2012-03-14, 05:22   Link #1887
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Loving how Fiora can singly handedly turn the tides from near loss to clutch win. Today I tried an itemisation of Berserker Greaves, Bloodthirster, Dancing Blades, Youmuu's Ghost Blade and Infinity Blade. 60% crit chance, critting for around 1k and moving wicked fast? If you don't get CCed, it's dynamite. (Sion/Fiddlesticks/Blitzcrank are three I really don't want to see in blind picks.)

As for heroes I'm getting sick of people being bad with, add Master Yi and Mordkaiser.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-03-14 at 05:59.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 08:52   Link #1888
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
f you don't get CCed, it's dynamite.
Too bad carries are #1 CC priority :P

Been playing around with Kayle and Teemo, not entirely sure as to which role fits them best...
Old 2012-03-14, 09:31   Link #1889
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

Been playing around with Kayle and Teemo, not entirely sure as to which role fits them best...
Kayle - absorb.
Teemo - hide, ambush, leg it.

Teemo is very good 1v1 but the more people in a skirmish, Teemo becomes a quick kill if people bother to notice it or it doesn't have something like Sion or Garen to protect it. Think I once went 13-0 with Teemo but that was a gameplay style I didn't like. You're fragile and you know it. You've got enough to burst 1 person, 2 if lucky and sentry mushroom ulti. Teemo can eventually be a carry if left to its own. But if you go after it early, people using it tend to shy away from the key battles. In the matches I encountered it tonight, the one good Teemo loaded the map with mushrooms to tab enemy movements then jumped into a skirmish once the big moves were done. The bad ones got snapped early and avoided further combat.

Kayle is not a ganker. It's one to steal the focus, live and let the others do their killing. Beef it up and get some movement speed. But there are better tanks/soakers IMO.
Old 2012-03-14, 16:37   Link #1890
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
But cc the melee one means ranged one won't be getting the CC focus .
MAL
Old 2012-03-15, 02:44   Link #1891
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Fiora is one of the most dangerous AD carries along with Master Yi, since with each kill they refresh a ridiculous buff (and in Yi's case, two of them). Sivir may be just as dangerous as a ranged carry, but her spell shield discourages the focus of CC on her...not that she should be left there killing your team though.
Old 2012-03-15, 04:59   Link #1892
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Fiora is one of the most dangerous AD carries along with Master Yi, since with each kill they refresh a ridiculous buff (and in Yi's case, two of them). Sivir may be just as dangerous as a ranged carry, but her spell shield discourages the focus of CC on her...not that she should be left there killing your team though.
I love Jungle Yi because of that reset, it lets me carry so hard sometimes... I went 11/1/2 once to carry a 4 vs 5 to make them surrender at 23 mins(my only death was turret diving for Anivia's egg ) .

On junglers I had to dodge a match we had a person trying to jungle Ezreal and wouldn't answering me if had ever done it before, I don't take normal super seriously, but jungling any AD ranged carry besides Twitch seems is just , I mean what's the point? , and I didn't carry to stay to see our jungling die to red buff most likely .

Also news of new champ Lulu is a yordle Support with a bit different CC called polymorph, it's Stun-Bind+minor slow(can't cast or use AA, can move or summoner spell) it seems.
MAL
Old 2012-03-15, 09:48   Link #1893
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
a bit different CC called polymorph, it's Stun-Bind+minor slow
Wiki classifies Polymorph as a pacify spell, I gather it's the same as Guinsoo's active in DotA, where the enemy is slowed and can't use skills or attack for a very short time.

I'm still amazed at the number of people who opt to play Evelynn and don't know the first thing about roaming...at least if they were laning, they'd only be feeding one lane, but nooo, they must hand out kills to everyone in the enemy team :S Includes lots of fail-farming late game, when her presence in TF would be most vital...Riot may have to remake this one.
Old 2012-03-15, 16:01   Link #1894
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I'm still amazed at the number of people who opt to play Evelynn and don't know the first thing about roaming...at least if they were laning, they'd only be feeding one lane, but nooo, they must hand out kills to everyone in the enemy team :S Includes lots of fail-farming late game, when her presence in TF would be most vital...Riot may have to remake this one.
Well Morello confirmed last Evelynn is intentionally more UP than almost champ atm, since old state was too unbalanced, and far too toxic smurf/pub stomper champ, and he basically said the stealth rework is still a high priority (Katarina and Karma rework are in works too), though it's been a horrible mismanaged project, that riot has learned from.
MAL
Old 2012-03-15, 16:13   Link #1895
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Katarina and Karma rework are in works too
That's the first I've heard of :O Kata could use a lot of tweaking, since her current shunpo->lotus shenanigans net easy quadras, but why remake Karma? She's got shield, heal and movement buff, can't get any more supportive than that...
Old 2012-03-15, 19:41   Link #1896
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
That's the first I've heard of :O Kata could use a lot of tweaking, since her current shunpo->lotus shenanigans net easy quadras, but why remake Karma? She's got shield, heal and movement buff, can't get any more supportive than that...
Another post said Kata changes will likely revolve around her passive and w.

Yes but her heal is very restricted even compared to other support... and honestly I've seen maybe 1 Karma in the past 200 matches I've played?
MAL
Old 2012-03-15, 20:39   Link #1897
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Teemo is very good 1v1 but the more people in a skirmish, Teemo becomes a quick kill if people bother to notice it or it doesn't have something like Sion or Garen to protect it. Think I once went 13-0 with Teemo but that was a gameplay style I didn't like. You're fragile and you know it.

Kayle is not a ganker. It's one to steal the focus, live and let the others do their killing. Beef it up and get some movement speed. But there are better tanks/soakers IMO.
Teemo isn't really meant to be played pure ranged carry, I usually play a teemo top if I do play him and build him tankier with items like frozen mallet, malady, wits end, guardian angel, bloodrazor and merc trends (not in that order and also slight changes depending upon the opponents).

Kayle honstly can play pretty much anything if you build her the right way, I see her as a character to can fulfill basically every role at least decently (Although there are much better choices for most) She is a great support to top though in my opinion.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 00:57   Link #1898
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/l...eress-revealed

As you guys suspected, Lulu is the new champion. She be intriguing.

PS: If anyone wants to team up on US servers, my user name is Flamewells. I'm getting sick of bad randoms getting me stuck in losses in matches that should be won and my kill/death ratio is 3-4:1. Need people I can rely on!

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-03-17 at 01:45.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 01:28   Link #1899
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And as expected, she's a support With THIS size increase, I just have to try out Cho'gath on 6 stacks with storm shield, surge and Lulu's ultimate on him, see if he can block a lane by himself.
Old 2012-03-17, 18:16   Link #1900
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol another Loli, greeaaaaatttt! XD i wonder what'll happen if you use the enlarge ultimate on Cho XD

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-03-17 at 19:14.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol