AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-30, 22:55   Link #4261
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Precia didn't intend for Fate to be a super-powered mage. That just happened to be a byproduct of Project Fate's design, seeing how that was open-sourced by Jail. Remember, Precia only completed Project Fate. She wasn't the one who started it.
Old 2013-01-30, 23:36   Link #4262
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yes but that also brings questions. If artificial mages projects like Unlimited Desire are meant to create superior mages, or humans for that matter, and Project Fate was meant to just bring back the dead by cloning… who was the idiot who combine those technologies? I mean if you screw around with the clone then is not a perfect copy like it was suppose to be, it becomes something else like Fate is not just a copy of Alicia. Ups.
Old 2013-01-31, 00:10   Link #4263
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... no one's combined them. Unlimited Desire created Jail, and Jail then created Project Fate. As far as anyone knows, Unlimited Desire was designed to create only someone like Jail, and not superior mages/humans.
Old 2013-01-31, 00:32   Link #4264
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No, I mean using the tech from artificial mages in to clones, not that they use both projects together. I am wondering why Precia try to make her clone different using artificial mage techniques that in the end did make an entire different person.

Unlimited Desire was just a one shot fail with Jail, I know that. And I say fail because how he ended up, but on the other hand they might did do it right so just my take on it.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:00   Link #4265
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Since we're going way off track, I'm moving my response to the Nanoha magi/tech thread.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:43   Link #4266
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I'll need the sound stage track for where it says Jail is an artificial mage. Because that is a bit suspicious, since the wiki also calls the combat cyborgs artificial mages. It may be that the Japanese words used for clones, is also used for artificial mage, and the intent may be just an artificial being. Combat cyborgs don't use magic (except for Subaru and Ginga, who can switch modes).

As for Jail's gauntlet, remember that he is a master of technology, and the red beams came out of the floor of his own hideout. Could be nothing more than manipulation of his security system. Blocking Fate's attack looked more like projection of an AMF field, not a barrier.

Edit: Another possibility occurred to me... he could have been born from the same type of research as the artificial mages, and perhaps it was the intention to make him an artificial mage, but it was a failure in that regard, since he doesn't use any magic.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2013-01-31 at 09:15.
Old 2013-01-31, 12:12   Link #4267
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

But Jail is a human who went under genetic modification so he could research things so I bet he is an aritificial mage, but we might not know for sure on this case.
Old 2013-02-01, 04:51   Link #4268
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
That red thread net projected by his glove looked quite a bit like magic...
Tiny detail, but what Jail used for the red threads was an IS technique, which was specifically mentioned as not magic in StrikerS.

Also, there is a distinct difference between artificial mages and combat cyborgs. Artificial mages were noted to be highly cost innefective and prone to many failures, whereas combat cyborgs were designed with the intent to be the very oposite.
Old 2013-02-01, 11:36   Link #4269
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Tiny detail, but what Jail used for the red threads was an IS technique, which was specifically mentioned as not magic in StrikerS.
Technically, both magic and IS are powered by Linker Cores, so combat cyborgs can use regular magic too. However, I have never heard of anyone except the Numbers having an Inherent Skill (even Wing Road is never called such), so... sauce?
Old 2013-02-01, 11:39   Link #4270
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well is because Jail's magic circle looks more like a Number IS circle than those from the regular magic systems.
Old 2013-02-01, 14:32   Link #4271
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Technically, both magic and IS are powered by Linker Cores, so combat cyborgs can use regular magic too.
Episode 13, timeframe 13:36 "They could do all that, and it was another type of energy, not magic, that they were using."

Not magic. The Linker Core's sole known function is to gather magic. The chances of the Linker Core powering IS is low. Sauce on that claim?

Quote:
However, I have never heard of anyone except the Numbers having an Inherent Skill (even Wing Road is never called such), so... sauce?
The IS circles that appeared with the attacks. Not to mention that he effortlessly used them in an AMF environment. Also, Subaru has repeatedly been stated to poses an IS. Vibration Shatter, remember?
Old 2013-02-01, 14:51   Link #4272
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not magic. The Linker Core's sole known function is to gather magic. The chances of the Linker Core powering IS is low. Sauce on that claim?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=205

Specifically: "Possessing ... a Linker Core regulating/tuning program unit implanted within". And since no other power source is mentioned in the description... Cf. Isis' numbered abilities, which are specifically stated to be powered by chemical batteries.
Old 2013-02-01, 14:57   Link #4273
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So, two opposing claims. It's possible that this mechanism regulates a conversion process in the Linker Core... Seems like this would be better discussed in the tech thread then given how this is very likely to head into the realm of speculation and theorizing.

Last edited by Keroko; 2013-02-01 at 15:07.
Old 2013-02-01, 15:42   Link #4274
Kaijo
Banned

It says a regulating/tuning program. Nothing on whether they use magic.

This is speculation, but... Considering Subaru could function in an area completely cut off from magic, I'd say Jail simply added a program that allows the linker core to process a different form of energy. So Subaru and Ginga's linker cores were dual purpose.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:14   Link #4275
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

How long did the BoD incident last from first manifestation of the BoD to Hayate to Rein Eins sealing herself away?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2013-03-15, 12:21   Link #4276
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Somewhere around six months, IIRC.
Old 2013-03-15, 13:16   Link #4277
Kaijo
Banned

Yup, 6. Activated beginning of July. Nanoha attacked Dec 2nd, IIRC. incident ended on Christmas.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:46   Link #4278
Sunder the Gold

Oh, so the book didn't even activate until well after the Jewel Seed incident.
Old 2013-03-15, 16:56   Link #4279
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Oh, so the book didn't even activate until well after the Jewel Seed incident.
I thought it activated near the end of the Jewel Seed incident.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2013-03-15, 18:00   Link #4280
Kaijo
Banned

Nope. The Jewel Seed incident ended roughly end of April.
Closed Thread