AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-07, 18:21   Link #6501
willx
Nyaaan~~

So upon reading the updated V11C13, I'm confused again how Tatsuya's "disintegration" or "dissolution" works again .. how has he so easily been disintegrating people, including "Booster" artificial magicians and then suddenly fails to get rid of Lina's armor despite shooting 6 bursts at her?
Old 2013-09-07, 18:26   Link #6502
rtyui45678

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So upon reading the updated V11C13, I'm confused again how Tatsuya's "disintegration" or "dissolution" works again .. how has he so easily been disintegrating people, including "Booster" artificial magicians and then suddenly fails to get rid of Lina's armor despite shooting 6 bursts at her?
i think umm he was having a hard time because he didnt want to kill her. im kinda confuse too so um can som1 confirm? xD
Old 2013-09-07, 18:26   Link #6503
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
It's more like they designated him as a guardian and guardians can never be part of the "official" family.

Yes, he is still affiliated with the Yotsuba and deeply so because of his sister (future clan leader) and his lineage (grandfather was and aunt is clan leader), but he can't ever truly be part of the "official" family just for the reason that guardians are supposed to serve for life.

I guess it's similar to the Kingsguard in the The Song of Ice and Fire Series. Prince Aemon the Dragonknight may be affiliated to the royal family due to lineage, but he already gave up everything when he entered into the Kingsguard.
The problem I have with that idea is that they made him a guardian at a very early age after he got his artificial magic powers. It seems they made a decision on him being only capable enough to be a guardian based on those abilities, rather than anything else. Tatsuya using Strategic Level magic was likely out of their initial estimates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
He "dislikes" it, in an intellectual sense. As of the current volumes, his emotions are gimped. What he calls dislike, we would probably consider minor irritant. People don't do things like enter a loveless marriage because of a mosquito.

His loyalty is to Miyuki alone. And Miyuki is most likely going to be the next clan head. In other words, he's practically guaranteed better treatment from the Yotsuba in the future.

In short, he has no reason to even consider the "marriage" as a political tool.
Rather than "marriage", we should be discussing "engagement", since Tatsuya is too young to get married. I agree as things stand now, there is no reason for Tatsuya to use that card, but if something were to happen to Maya before she completes her plan of making Miyuki the official successor, that suddenly becomes an option for him to flaunt to get the Yotsuba to move in the direction he wants. Let's not forget, Tatsuya still sees Miyuki as his little sister, so him entering in an engagement that would somehow benefit her from his perspective isn't impossible.
Old 2013-09-07, 18:27   Link #6504
Breimoon

i think the magic he used isn't the mist dispersion but gram dispersion.
Old 2013-09-07, 18:28   Link #6505
blackwhite67
Banned

After reading the latest torrent of chapters, Tatsuya really cut things close. If this "Benjamin Canopus" or anyone with more expertise had been there, then Tatsuya's cat would have been out of the bag.
Old 2013-09-07, 20:46   Link #6506
Bleys

Lina's fight was cool and all, but shouldn't Tatsuya's be able to freely cast his combat magic without relaying on his CAD? I thought it falled under his Yotsuba restriction magic?

If he wasn't holding back against most of his opponents and his Yotsuba restriction, couldn't he just freely cast everything but MB because of the close distance and his own death.

It seems like he's processing everything in his mind, sending it to his CAD, and processing it again when he can just cast his magic, and catch everybody off guard.
Old 2013-09-07, 21:08   Link #6507
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleys View Post
Lina's fight was cool and all, but shouldn't Tatsuya's be able to freely cast his combat magic without relaying on his CAD? I thought it falled under his Yotsuba restriction magic?

If he wasn't holding back against most of his opponents and his Yotsuba restriction, couldn't he just freely cast everything but MB because of the close distance and his own death.

It seems like he's processing everything in his mind, sending it to his CAD, and processing it again when he can just cast his magic, and catch everybody off guard.
Hmm. I originally said that he could Flash Cast Mist dispersal since it met the requirements, but I was probably wrong. Tatsuya was born with Mist Dispersal so he never needed to form an activation sequence for it to begin with, which is what Flash Cast does.
Old 2013-09-07, 21:14   Link #6508
Bleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Hmm. I originally said that he could Flash Cast Mist dispersal since it met the requirements, but I was probably wrong. Tatsuya was born with Mist Dispersal so he never needed to form an activation sequence for it to begin with, which is what Flash Cast does.
Well, he can freely cast Regrowth on himself without his CAD? So, can't he use his other talents as well without a CAD. I'm assuming, he has a activation sequence for Mist Dispersal, because of his CAD for it, and Therefore, If he can, we haven't seen anything yet in terms of his true power then.
Old 2013-09-07, 21:17   Link #6509
NoLife222

Quote:
Well, he can freely cast Regrowth on himself without his CAD? So, can't he use his other talents as well without a CAD. If he can, we haven't seen anything yet in terms of his true power then.
He can cast both of his innate talent without CAD, anything out of that would require CAD (although he can flash cast weak magic without CAD)
Old 2013-09-07, 21:19   Link #6510
Bleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLife222 View Post
He can cast both of his innate talent without CAD, anything out of that would require CAD (although he can flash cast weak magic without CAD)
I thought all his magic was weak ( not weak, but Combat Strength simple structures) so wouldn't' that fall under his flast cast and wouldn't require a CAD anyways?
Old 2013-09-07, 23:40   Link #6511
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Rather than "marriage", we should be discussing "engagement", since Tatsuya is too young to get married. I agree as things stand now, there is no reason for Tatsuya to use that card, but if something were to happen to Maya before she completes her plan of making Miyuki the official successor, that suddenly becomes an option for him to flaunt to get the Yotsuba to move in the direction he wants. Let's not forget, Tatsuya still sees Miyuki as his little sister, so him entering in an engagement that would somehow benefit her from his perspective isn't impossible.
That's only if Miyuki wanted to be clan head. Maya wants to ensure Tatsuya's loyalty to the Yotsuba, so she's pushing for Miyuki to be the next. However, if something were to happen to Maya, I don't think Miyuki really cares about the position. In which case, Tatsuya still has no reason to use engagements as a weapon. Especially if you can guess what Miyuki's reaction to that would be.
Old 2013-09-08, 00:26   Link #6512
NoLife222

Quote:
I thought all his magic was weak ( not weak, but Combat Strength simple structures) so wouldn't' that fall under his flast cast and wouldn't require a CAD anyways?
He still need to mask the flash cast ability....... And that alone, he still need CAD to cast the weak magic except the restriction on usage is removed.
Old 2013-09-08, 05:30   Link #6513
vadvadindabad

Quote:
Well, he can freely cast Regrowth on himself without his CAD? So, can't he use his other talents as well without a CAD. I'm assuming, he has a activation sequence for Mist Dispersal, because of his CAD for it, and Therefore, If he can, we haven't seen anything yet in terms of his true power then.
If I am not mistaken he uses Mist Dispersal without a CAD on a torpedo (from the submarine) during those flashback chapters.
I just checked and it seems so:
Quote:
As I was frozen, my brother standing in front of me made an inexplicable gesture. He raised his right hand out to sea, at those looming black shadows.

Without a CAD, you do know there’s no meaning in making the motions right?

Even if only in the least, you’re still a magician right!?

I was cursing inside. Not only irritation at my brother imitating the gestures without knowing their true purpose, but irritation at his powerlessness as well.

With those thoughts in my mind, I looked up at Sakurai-san. As Okaa-sama’s Guardian, surely she would do something in place of my brother’s uselessness, and berate him for his escapism.

But I was off.

Faster than Sakurai-san could activate anything, my brother, like a flash of thunder in the clouds, unleashed magic.

It was over so fast, I didn’t even realize it was a sign magic had been invoked for a moment.

Both the torpedoes sank towards the bottom of the sea.

As they sank, the shadows expanded. The torpedoes had disintegrated?
Old 2013-09-08, 06:11   Link #6514
Sylux

Quote:
If I am not mistaken he uses Mist Dispersal without a CAD on a torpedo (from the submarine) during those flashback chapters.
I just checked and it seems so:
Quote:
As I was frozen, my brother standing in front of me made an inexplicable gesture. He raised his right hand out to sea, at those looming black shadows.

Without a CAD, you do know there’s no meaning in making the motions right?

Even if only in the least, you’re still a magician right!?

I was cursing inside. Not only irritation at my brother imitating the gestures without knowing their true purpose, but irritation at his powerlessness as well.

With those thoughts in my mind, I looked up at Sakurai-san. As Okaa-sama’s Guardian, surely she would do something in place of my brother’s uselessness, and berate him for his escapism.

But I was off.

Faster than Sakurai-san could activate anything, my brother, like a flash of thunder in the clouds, unleashed magic.

It was over so fast, I didn’t even realize it was a sign magic had been invoked for a moment.

Both the torpedoes sank towards the bottom of the sea.

As they sank, the shadows expanded. The torpedoes had disintegrate

Does that mean he can activate mist dispersal so fast that most people would recognize it as magic for a moment?
Old 2013-09-08, 08:58   Link #6515
Joey226

Are people not worried the Yotsuba might try to force Miyuki to get engaged or something for the family. They could try to hatch some plan like that for whatever reason. I've had a bad feeling about that since that tool Ichijou saw her. And I say tool because love at first sight has always seemed so shallow to me. Lots of people bring up her as the next head like its a sure thing, but you never know.

Also if she somehow ends up with him my books are going out the window...just saying
Old 2013-09-08, 10:06   Link #6516
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
Does that mean he can activate mist dispersal so fast that most people would recognize it as magic for a moment?
What do you mean by "recognize it as magic"?

Speed has nothing to do with whether something is classified by magic. It IS magic, even if the Yotsuba don't consider it as one.
Old 2013-09-08, 10:40   Link #6517
Sylux

Quote:
What do you mean by "recognize it as magic"?

Speed has nothing to do with whether something is classified by magic. It IS magic, even if the Yotsuba don't consider it as one.
I didn't mean it like it.
I meant that it was too fast for a human brain (even if a human only need very few time to recognize something, but if something is too fast for a human to recognize then you won't know what it is)
Old 2013-09-08, 10:50   Link #6518
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
I didn't mean it like it.
I meant that it was too fast for a human brain (even if a human only need very few time to recognize something, but if something is too fast for a human to recognize then you won't know what it is)
No only Self-Regrowth is like that.
Old 2013-09-08, 11:32   Link #6519
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey226 View Post
Are people not worried the Yotsuba might try to force Miyuki to get engaged or something for the family. They could try to hatch some plan like that for whatever reason. I've had a bad feeling about that since that tool Ichijou saw her. And I say tool because love at first sight has always seemed so shallow to me. Lots of people bring up her as the next head like its a sure thing, but you never know.

Also if she somehow ends up with him my books are going out the window...just saying
Come on now, Ichijou is a good guy. He is clearly a good judge of character the way he considers Cardinal George as a valued friend, while treating Tatsuya as a rival without even knowing anything about just how powerful Tatsuya really is. He just happens to be smitten by Miyuki because she is supposed to be that attractive. Let's not forget he has been watching her for ten days, so he knows Miyuki isn't just a pretty face. That said, I don't think we should be too concerned with Miyuki being forced into any engagement with him anytime soon. Her status is still supposed to be a secret. Besides, she happens to have an elder brother that is known to not tolerate things that upset his little sister, regardless who does it.
Old 2013-09-08, 13:30   Link #6520
willx
Nyaaan~~

So no one has any idea why Tatsuya was unable to strip Lina's shield despite firing his dissolution 6 times? I generally thought I had a good idea of how the magic systems work but it's getting like it lacks continuity..

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings