Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well... hopefully, we'll see the following telegram in the next episode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAuliffe
To the Pravda Commander:

NUTS!

The Oarai Commander.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 02:26   Link #2083
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I personally found Pravda's tactics to be rather Mongolian... in fact, very classic Mongolian.

- Tak

That classic is very effective too, even sometime the Mongol fell to it too . Remind me the Yuan-Mongol Empire - Dai Viet war in 1287-1288, the first fleet of Mongol engage Dai Viet fleet, Vietian fleet retreat, thus the combat ships of Yuan chased them left the food transport ships behind, and entire that fleet fell to the ambush by superior Vietian fleest with outnumber and outstreight and was completed destroyed.

BTW, there is 90% that is the entire Oorai teams will be save by the Oorai's star - Tiger P, 10% is Panzer IV will rush out and make a kamikaze ram (despite they won't get Kamikaze medal for that) to the flag T-34 just like T-34 used to ram the German tanks in history . Just wait.
Old 2012-12-04, 02:31   Link #2084
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Full frontal assault. Can't those girls count?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 02:33   Link #2085
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Because the "victory" blind their eyes.
Old 2012-12-04, 02:36   Link #2086
PzIVf3

The weakness of T-34 is the poor vision of the driver port and the gunner. If only there is a snowstorm there is chance for the Oorai team to break out at fullspeed and attacking their flag tank at the rear.

Driver vision. Too much smoke I cant see.

Gunner view. I cant find the Tiger where is he.

Yikes. Sir He's behind us.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 02:37   Link #2087
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
This episode genuinely made me upset, for that:

1. Miho committed a huge mistake for someone in the position of command, by allowing those under her to act blindly when she knew better about the opponent. Those in command must never tolerate wanton waste of war potential, in any shape or form...

2. Miho did not put the gravity of the situation before interpersonal considerations, at a make-or-break junction. Although she wouldn't see loss of life, and might even win the round, she made a horrendous call in allowing her emotions to impede her tactical decision.

3. Miho wasn't given the needed information so that she would prepare for the matter of life and death to Oarai. If Miho knew of what's at stake earlier, her mentality would have had the comfort of adjusting before coming to the battlefield. In short, Miho had no idea to what end Oarai was after, until coming to realization at the worst possible time.

Now, about urban combat. Does Panzerfahren rule prohibit the use of RPG and Molotov Cocktail?
yup felt much the same way, bothered much by it during the episode that it lessened the impact of the good parts, ( like the Katyusha song , and the new tanks), guess I'll just have to chalk it up to the inexperience of the whole Oarai team, as a means of rationalizing it in my brain . Just wish they wouldn't make Miho look so... I don't know, i don't want to say incompetent, but she just seems so passive since the beginning IMO... and I do like her still, hope from now on they would show her more proactive and in control instead of being wishy-washy.

... and wow 16 vs 6,....quality AND quantity , Miho better start showing those tactical genes.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 02:53   Link #2088
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
BTW, there is 90% that is the entire Oorai teams will be save by the Oorai's star - Tiger P, 10% is Panzer IV will rush out and make a kamikaze ram (despite they won't get Kamikaze medal for that) to the flag T-34 just like T-34 used to ram the German tanks in history . Just wait.
While each school can add/reduce the number of team/tank freely for each round , I don't think they can send in a new tank in the middle of battle.

Even If they can , Pravda will also can replace a new tank (I'm sure their school has more than 15 tanks) for each tank that get destroyed, and Oarai will be ruin.

So, I think Miho will have to do it with current tanks. I believe Oarai will learn their lesson and come up with some plans. Especially, when they know their school will be shutdown if they lose. The feeling to fight for their school will be strong.!

However, even Lelouch and Yagami Light will have a hard time trying to figue out the way to get out from this situation. I guess we will have to wait and see Miho plan next week.
Old 2012-12-04, 03:00   Link #2089
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
While each school can add/reduce the number of team/tank freely for each round , I don't think they can send in a new tank in the middle of battle.

If they can , Pravda will be able to replace new tank (I'm sure their school has more than 15 tanks) for each tank that get destroyed, and Ooarai will be ruin.
Maybe this round they assigned Tiger P (maybe is drived by mechanic team) but hide it somewhere in the map and waiting for order. This is my opinion because Miho know Pravda's common tactics is counterattack after retreating and she had a special counter plan due other schools don't know the existance of Oorai's Tiger P.

Even "The feeling to fight for their school will be strong.!", the situation is "The streingth can't go along with the spirit" for Oorai, StuG III lose it track and can't move (depsite Panzer IV can push it but will cause serious damage for StuG), Panzer IV's gun is jammed, the other teams can't even penetrate T-34's armor, they're outgunned, outnumber. And with the snowstrom, Tiger P can sneak to behind them with the chance to be detected is minimum while the whole Pravda's team gather at 1 point to surround Oorai teams.

Make enemy think we bite the bait in order to lure them out and gather at same position for our hidden unit sneaking and destroy them is genius plan, just hope Miho use that.

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2012-12-04 at 03:11.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 03:07   Link #2090
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

That, or the whole point of Tiger P was to repeat the action of Franz Staudegger, by utterly destroying any possible reserve that Pravda could muster... by itself. After all, if Staudegger could attack an armored formation of 50-60 strong T-34s by knocking out 17 from range and then take out 5 more deep into enemy line...

as the story goes, after all the AP rounds were gone, the HE rounds were loaded and that Tiger crew did a number on several more of the T-34s, running almost out of fuel and totally exhausted the ammo before they called it a day.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 03:21   Link #2091
novalysis

Still, that was Shocking Battle-field discipline. I wanted to Face Palm when Oorai fell for the bait, and Miho REFUSED to exert her authority and ACT upon her correct intuition.

She's too soft here - that was very bad commanding.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 03:22   Link #2092
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

My opinion is curious why Oorai don't deploy Tiger P in the battle, although when it is found Tiger P is stored pretty good inside the ship, not much damaged like other tanks. In the battle even is outnumber but Miho choice offensive not lure and ambush. Thus I think Tiger P is Oorai's triumph card and make her team as bait to lure Pravda.
Old 2012-12-04, 03:28   Link #2093
Marina2

Sorry to destroy your hope but......I think Oarai doesn't send in Tiger P in this match at all.

Look at this big monitor. At left and right side of screen are the lists of avaliable tanks for each team. Oarai has only 6 tanks listed.
Old 2012-12-04, 03:53   Link #2094
vuluc88

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Well... hopefully, we'll see the following telegram in the next episode:
Well ... just turn to 0:20:54 of commie file

Nuts!
vuluc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 04:05   Link #2095
konart

That awesome moment, when you can sing along, without learning the lyrics beforehand
Old 2012-12-04, 04:09   Link #2096
Kamui04

Quote:
My opinion is curious why Oorai don't deploy Tiger P in the battle, although when it is found Tiger P is stored pretty good inside the ship, not much damaged like other tanks. In the battle even is outnumber but Miho choice offensive not lure and ambush. Thus I think Tiger P is Oorai's triumph card and make her team as bait to lure Pravda.
Like you said stored pretty good inside the ship. And it doesn't seem that it could go back from the corridor the girls arrived from. I think it looks like one of those college jokes where they disassemble the professor's cars and reassemble it inside his office.

If that really happened with the Tiger P it's gonna take a while to get in working order outside the ship, compared to upgrading a tank and reconditioning another one.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 04:13   Link #2097
Theo

Goddamnit Miho, you have to tell them their favorite tactic is the feint retreat.

Fuck.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 04:16   Link #2098
chupiler

Quote:
My opinion is curious why Oorai don't deploy Tiger P in the battle, although when it is found Tiger P is stored pretty good inside the ship, not much damaged like other tanks.
My guess is either a lack of members or it has yet to be fully restored. (still might have engine issues after being left alone for so long) Heck, they might still be dismantling the whole thing just to get it back on deck. The automobile club was busy enough revamping the IV and restoring the Renault as well.

...Man, listening to the song Katyusha really makes me want to play some Super Dodge Ball again.
chupiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 04:31   Link #2099
fukarming

Miho is not really suitable for commanding officer position as she is too nice/timid. She will be an excellent executive officer, draft all the planning, tell where the team to move to the CO and let the CO yell at the others. Too bad no one in Oarai's team fit the bill for a CO. Miho reminds me to Sinon Kouzuki in starship operators.

Too bad the student council team is the flag team, otherwise, they can go for a heroic sacrifice and let other team members escape. It is not very nice when momo keeps on yelling to go on fighting even in risk of actually getting hurt (I assume that is the whole reason why Soviet ask them to surrender instead of blasting them away) when they are the one that has the least possibility of getting hurt (being the flag).

Another note, another team who wants to keep on fighting is the historic team but the Stug can't move, so they can't do a heroic sacrifice either......

I am surprised no one say anything, but

Spoiler for spoiler:
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 04:39   Link #2100
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post

Too bad the student council team is the flag team
It's not. For this match, the Type 89 is the flag tank as shown before the match.

As to the tactics this episode, it's actually very typical WoT pub behavior. Miho maybe the highest tier tank, but no one listens. All the flashbacks to lemmings that lost us the match

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks