Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 14:33   Link #8201
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Luffy? What are you doing in Fairy Tail? Oh wait, that's Natsu. Atta boy!

Though like everyone else, I do wonder how this will affect his standing in the tournament.
Except Luffy is really badass 99% of the time, while Natsu usually ends up getting his head bashed on the floor repeatedly when he barks like this.

I predict he will get bodied and humiliated, and then will get back at them at the tournament after getting beat half to death again.
Old 2012-05-11, 14:41   Link #8202
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
I think tho that it was mentioned that they changed Guild leaders, and that is partially why they've been able to get so high.
That's a mistranslation by one of the groups that scanlated this chapter. They did not change guildmasters.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 15:49   Link #8203
immblueversion

Say, I've just come across another plausible theory for why Kagura hates Jellal:

Spoiler:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 16:26   Link #8204
zerodragon

Quote:
^ so true. But hey, she's a spirit mage too, so ya never know

I really wanted Lucy to take the keys, but i knew she wouldn't. I bet you the final plan thing will involve both of them.
this is what I am calling for the future
Spoiler for future of the lucy and yukino:
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 16:42   Link #8205
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
There are times when I wish Natsu had a bit more discretion, but then he wouldn't be Natsu anymore, would he?

Seriously though, I'm starting to hate it whenever he starts imposing his values on other people, or other guilds for that matter. But then again, I guess I shouldn't be looking for moral relativity in this kind of series.

Still, Natsu is definitely out of his league this time, so how will he be getting his spontaneous power-up this time, I wonder?
hmm...had they only kicked Yukino out of the guild, I'd agree with you. Each guild has its own rules and whatnot, if failing once grants you a gkick then so be it.

HOWEVER what they did was beyond that. The master not only kicked her out but also humiliated her in front of the guild she admired. Considering the state the girl was in I in no way blame Natsu for blowing a fuse and storming in there "imposing his values".
If for example Raven Tail kicked Flare after the hell of a beating she surely took, then I'd want Natsu to react the same way, even if she is evil.

Imposing your rules is one thing, but harming and humiliating people is another.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 16:46   Link #8206
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
this is what I am calling for the future
Spoiler for future of the lucy and yukino:
I was nodding and then you lost me at the singing part.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 16:48   Link #8207
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I was nodding and then you lost me at the singing part.
Lucy looks like she's singing in Charles vision.
Old 2012-05-11, 17:15   Link #8208
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Lucy looks like she's singing in Charles vision.
I remember reading that, but i can't remember the image. I keep only seeing Lucy crying. Gonna go re-read the chapter.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 17:20   Link #8209
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I remember reading that, but i can't remember the image. I keep only seeing Lucy crying. Gonna go re-read the chapter.
Last page of 275
Old 2012-05-11, 17:28   Link #8210
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Interesting. I thought Yukino might offer her keys, but I did not expect Lucy to turn them down. But her response does make sense considering Lucy's character. The idea that there are fewer and fewer Stellar Spirit mages, and that when all 12 keys are gathered, the door to change the world opens, are new thoughts. But I have a very bad feeling now that Yukino just triggered her death flag. Since Lucy won't take the keys as long as Yukino is bonded with them, that means Yukino has to die. And given what we know so far, her getting sacrificed to open the Eclipse door is likely.

Which makes Natsu's rampage all the more interesting. Even if he takes his pound of flesh out of Sabertooth for Yukino, she won't be around too long. My gut feeling is that Natsu will get trounced to show how badass Genma is, even though I'd like to see him go toe-to-toe with the other guild master. I have a feeling that the end result will be something to the effect of "we'll settle things in the tournament."

My other thought is that Yukino is going to run back to Lucy, worried because of what Natsu was saying as he ran off. So I have a feeling reinforcements will be coming.

Last thought on the chapter, is that Erza and Gray are aware of Juvia's feelings, so the question remains: what does Gray plan to do about it? And why hasn't he done anything about it so far? Honestly, I think that's the biggest question I want to see answered, and I'm not normally a shipper. But I don't think I care so much about seeing whether they become a couple or not, as long as I get answers as to what Gray is feeling and why. I would like to see some resolution to this. I'm almost thinking that Gray somehow doesn't feel he's worthy of love, or feels he has to accomplish something first.

And maybe this competition with Lyon will finally make him feel like he has to do something. It's usually only when people finally feel like they may lose someone, that they end up doing something about it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 19:32   Link #8211
Jellal
Anime Critic

You guys realize natsu got a massive power boost right?
All his attacks are easily over 2x stronger then before, with 100% more magic capacity.

Frankly, after seeing Lucy's jump - just get ready to see what natsu is capable of!
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 23:59   Link #8212
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Cool chapter! It looks really epic, and I really like the end of the chapter.

By the way: France is here!

I don't know if there will be really a Natsu vs Sabertooth leader but the last page was cool indeed! It was expectable but it's always so cool .

Lucy is hot!
Old 2012-05-12, 02:06   Link #8213
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

C'mon [MODE] Black-Fire-Lightning Natsu... *Fingers crossed*
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 06:22   Link #8214
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Last thought on the chapter, is that Erza and Gray are aware of Juvia's feelings, so the question remains: what does Gray plan to do about it? And why hasn't he done anything about it so far? Honestly, I think that's the biggest question I want to see answered, and I'm not normally a shipper. But I don't think I care so much about seeing whether they become a couple or not, as long as I get answers as to what Gray is feeling and why. I would like to see some resolution to this. I'm almost thinking that Gray somehow doesn't feel he's worthy of love, or feels he has to accomplish something first.
It's probably because Gray still has feelings for Lyon...if only Mashima proves Juvia's crazy fantasies to be true I can't wait to see what Erza will do, though. Jellal is letting his guilt eat him up, if he finds out that Milliana wants to kill him, he'd cut his own head off...does Erza get a say in this, how can everyone be happy in this kind of situation? Even if Milliana somehow swallows her hatred for Erza's sake, there's also Kagura to account for, and she is definitely out for blood.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 06:56   Link #8215
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Erza might have to make the choice between Miliana (a dear friend to her) and Jellal (whom she desparately wants to have a relationship with). Choosing between Jellal and Kagura is a no-brainer since she doesn't know Kagura - she'd fight Kagura any day to protect Jellal. Miliana, on the other hand...she's going to be a tough 'battle' to win for Erza.

And this could have SERIOUS reprecussions if Miliana, or hell ANYONE that is not sympathetic to Fairy Tail, ever found out that 'Mystogun' is really Jellal. If word gets out that Fairy Tail knowingly harbored an escaped felon, disbandment might be the least of their worries since Jellal is like a Class S-lvl felon. Raven Tail, with that information, would demolish Fairy Tail's reputation.
Old 2012-05-12, 08:58   Link #8216
classic

Quote:
As for this arc, Mashima stated himself he was kinda afraid of how many characters he has to handle,
When? Where?
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 11:32   Link #8217
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think that Natsu is trying to build his own harem, saving one girl at a time
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 16:30   Link #8218
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
At a guess, Gray hasn't done something because of the general situation. He's interested in Juvia, but Juvia's head over heels in love with him and would joyfully do his housework, sleep with him, marry him, have his kids, etc. She also has a wild imagination, a jealous streak, and stalker tendencies.

Makes it rather difficult to progress things normally. So he's tried to push things slowly while neither actively encouraging, or discouraging her. Him inviting her out for a bite to eat was an attempt to push things a bit further, but it got wrecked by Leon showing up to hit on Juvia and triggering her wild imagination and jealousy.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 20:33   Link #8219
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

One thing...I don't get why people are saying Sting and the rest look like they are pissing themselves or something because of Natsu. To me it simply looks like they are in shock due to how absurd Natsu's actions are...not fear just jaw dropping amazement at the sheer recklessness from Natsu.

That said...still hope Natsu beats Genma...even if the odds are slim considering shounen logic.
Old 2012-05-12, 20:46   Link #8220
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Natsu's gonna have to be rescued...it will be interseting to see by whom...(I'm betting on the Knights or some other guild getting him out of there). Erza will probably hand out corporal punishment at that time...

I'd actually like to see Jura whoop Genma - there's no doubt in my mind that Jura can do it. The dude is too awesome not to be seen again.

Speaking of seeing...WHERE IS MAVIS!!?? I want my super-kawaii guild master back!!!

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen