Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-05-06, 03:13   Link #21
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
OMFG, I misread ookii for daisuki. I suck >.<

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 10:24   Link #22
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yeah, I saw this on another website earlier.

If I were Disney, I wouldn't know what to say. It's just one of those things that's so stupid and obvious that you're like Silent Bob at the end of Clerks II. "I..... I've got nothing."

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=1678

Here's a link to an English-language blog-entry/article about this.

Hoo-ah!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2007-05-06 at 10:57.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 04:09   Link #23
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
As for economic sanctions against China, we must not forget a simple rule: Trade is beneficial to all those involved. Knowing that, and knowing how much the US relies on cheap Chinese goods it imports and how heavily the US itself has invested in China, I wonder just how badly they'd be hurting themselves in order to impose embargos and tariffs. China is not so small that the WTO's seal of disapproval would spell disaster, it creates its own economic circumstances. Well, at any rate thats what I would think...
Mass influx of cheap import is a sure way to kill your own industry, not all trade are beneficial to both side. USA's own agriculture sector is very well guarded despite their own call for a free market.

The biggest problem is that a lot of US money is going into China but very few is coming back. US is trying to balance this out with intellectual goods (licenses, patterns and royalties) and using the Copyright Law as the threat. Most countries would bow to the pressure of economic sanction but China, along with India is the next rising economic global power are not so easily cowed.

If USA were serious about piracy, they should have target the eastern europe region where the source of software piracy originate from.

Trade sanction against China is too late now with so many international manufacturing giants already shifted their productions there. They can talk about it, but actually going ahead with it is highly unlikely.