CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 10:30   Link #386
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
Satsumaru you work is pure awesomenees, i love it~
Thank you very much

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres a animation where the animating bit wasnt done by me lol.

Did this during my work experience time last year. I did the character design/concepts, modelling, texturing and rigging.

My friend from uni was also there for work experience. he did storyboard, animatic and the stop motion bit at the start.

The people at the office did the animating part and the sounds, and they also took care of the lighting/rendering and composition.

Can visit their site at http://cirkus.co.nz

I fully enjoyed this experience, as I did not have to do Anything in the form of writing, or animating >: D wohoooo

Oh, I did have other tasks they gave me during my 2 weeks there, but this was the main thing :3
Satsumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 11:38   Link #387
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

A new drawing and the drawing process for it

Actual drawing time was about 24min, so the video is x3 normal speed. Youtube wont let me upload the real time ver

Old 2010-02-02, 11:55   Link #388
Atlanty
Artist wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Atlanty
Nice O.O I can't believe that you can control those strokes so easily!
Atlanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 07:24   Link #389
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanty View Post
Nice O.O I can't believe that you can control those strokes so easily!
Thanks for checking it out Good to know ppl are actually watching these lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres another one from 2 days ago

Old 2010-02-06, 11:36   Link #390
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Render of Enya and Adene. My 3D models. Did this for poster last year.

Old 2010-02-06, 11:47   Link #391
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsumaru View Post
Thanks for checking it out Good to know ppl are actually watching these lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres another one from 2 days ago

Yey.. Sai tool.. stealing few tips here and there from that vid ^^b

Still not very good.. and I keep returning to my old style when drawing and not moeish animelike ..

Can you somehow pause your skill advancement while I catch up?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 10:50   Link #392
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

^If you have any specific questions about some parts that was unclear in the video. Or just anything at all. Feel free to ask^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm... Heres an updated post lol.

This was a gift for chuchustudios, because she kindly donated a month long premium membership for me on Deviantart lol.

Which leads to another story... Turns out, she musta spotted me on the day because one of my work got featured as a Daily Deviation *o* I've always looked up to the various artists whose work were featured as daily deviations. They might not all be in styles that I'd go for, but I can see why the pieces are featured. So it was a huge honour to have one of my own work featured amongst those other great works *-*;;

I dont usually write this much..or at least, struggle to, unless im critiquing or teaching someone something... but wow, lol... Anyways...

Heres another piece, I've started taking commissions, and heres my first ever commission lol

Commission for KikiYikers. Chibi drawing of her original character Mewlen. By the looks of it, shes set in the Naruto universe^^

Reason for my absence lately.. is that, my recent drawings has all gone into this artbook that my art group is releasing later this year. Check out our blog btw lol: http://hiyakustudio.blogspot.com/

Since I've been a pretty recent member, they havent updated the blog with my stuff yet lol. All the members are busy with either uni or work anyways.
Old 2010-05-16, 20:05   Link #393
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Haven't updated in awhile now. Reason being that most of my new work this year is gonna be in an artbook with my artists circle released later this year.

check out our site btw, we have it up and running finally XD;
http://hiyakustudio.com/

Anyways, heres a bit of an update. A commission piece for ashez2ashes, well more like 1/3 of a commission so far. She wanted a banner featuring 2 chibis. This is the first one, the second one should be done soon.

Old 2010-05-16, 20:18   Link #394
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
check out our site btw, we have it up and running finally XD;
http://hiyakustudio.com/
Hey, you guys have some really good works on the gallery section.

Your friend Ethird is also quite talented.

Btw, A friend wants to know (I showed him this thread. ) how long it took you to reach the level you have now. He is interested in learning how to do both drawings and animation but has barely touched the surface in both areas.
Old 2010-05-16, 20:24   Link #395
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Hey, you guys have some really good works on the gallery section.

Your friend Ethird is also quite talented.

Btw, A friend wants to know (I showed him this thread. ) how long it took you to reach the level you have now. He is interested in learning how to do both drawings and animation but has barely touched the surface in both areas.
Thanks haha, each member has a style thats distinct but doesnt stray from the overall anime style, which is what I like about the group

Time to reach where I am? hmm.. if you dont count stick figures, then 2 years in college drawing in class, 4 years in university with less drawing in class lol. Oh, a lot of those boring lecture time yeh, that helped motivate. When you bored, you just draw LOL. After that its this year.

Feel free to ask me for tips and stuff, I remember how frustrating it was when I wanted to learn this stuff. Nobody had any idea how to do this or that. And then you go to DA, and ask the artists you wanna learn from there but they ignore you I understand why tho lol...

Last edited by Satsumaru; 2010-05-16 at 20:38.
Old 2010-05-16, 20:37   Link #396
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Time to reach where I am? hmm.. if you dont count stick figures, then 2 years in college drawing in class, 4 years in university with less drawing in class lol. Oh, a lot of those boring lecture time yeh, that helped motivate. When you bored, you just draw LOL. After that its this year.
Yeah, I figured you have had to put a lot effort to reach the level you have now.

What worries me about my friend is that he doesn't have a whole lot of patience and he is currently trying to learn several things all at once.

Gotta help him keep his feet on the ground.

Oh, and there's also another thing I wanted to ask you, but I'll send you a PM for that little bit.
Old 2010-05-16, 20:41   Link #397
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Well with the patience factor, if he can direct that issue it would be his biggest asset. I'm an impatient person too. But with drawing, my patience doesnt make me wanna learn something else and move on, but makes me keep digging in areas im stuck in that i just wanna improve. So I guess its stubbornness and impatience maybe lol.
Old 2010-05-20, 09:36   Link #398
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

So heres the other chibi commissioned by ashez2ashes

Old 2010-05-22, 02:08   Link #399
Seitsuki
Onee!

hm just wondering.. what hardware are you using atm? still considering the intuos4 but the price is kinda.. @_@;; yeah, if you're using a bamboo or something cheaper and still getting your godly results, then I'm pretty sure I'll be able to use smth similar and after years of hellish torturish hard dedication and study prehaps begin to approach your level of awesomeness.

maybe.

....hopefully.
Old 2010-05-27, 08:34   Link #400
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
hm just wondering.. what hardware are you using atm? still considering the intuos4 but the price is kinda.. @_@;; yeah, if you're using a bamboo or something cheaper and still getting your godly results, then I'm pretty sure I'll be able to use smth similar and after years of hellish torturish hard dedication and study prehaps begin to approach your level of awesomeness.

maybe.

....hopefully.
Hi, sorry I didn't see this post before the thread was pushed to page 2 haha. Umm, well I use an intuos 3 right now. Intuos4 would be so fkin awesome lol! but soooo expensive... Anyways, up until last year I was still using graphire 3, which was around the price of a bamboo, or cheaper if you happen to find one now LOL. It works the same.

The extra levels of pressure sense isnt like, extremely noticeable. The hotkeys are pretty gay most of the time, on the higher end tablets I mean. I use a lot of programs, and I've got the hotkeys on the keyboard pretty much all sorted, but to have to associate them on bland looking buttons on the tablet? sux ass imo LOL. Might be good for intuos4 wireless tho, cause then I'd be drawing maybe further away from keyboard, with the wired tablets its pointless because the keyboard is so close anyways

Oh the reason I switched tablets was because my graphire 3 stylus broke, the week before a convention while I was half way through a bunch of bookmarks =_=; Well it lasted for like 6 years or something, so I understand, but the timing was horrible. If it broke after the convention I woulda held out for a intuos4 instead.