AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-02-12, 14:59   Link #4861
Qikz

I'm going for this years Snow Miku, the iDOLM@STER stage set (both of which I just ordered, I hate having to pay in advance but I don't want to miss either of them). (They're up on the goodsmile shop until the 17th)

Will probably go for the Fire Emblem Saria figure as it looks lovely, but I'll wait to see how it looks painted and probably the Isshiki Akane nendo from Vividred Operation.

I've got a load of other nendos pre-ordered. God damn this hobby always eats all my money at the start of the year
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 05:55   Link #4862
Revan21

ALTER's Saber Dress Code 1/7 is already up for pre-order

Old 2013-02-13, 11:01   Link #4863
GDB

Trying to resist buying that Saber, since I don't have anything else in July to combine the shipping with. But it's sooo nice. Must.... resist....
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 14:23   Link #4864
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Must.... resist....
Yup, that's going through my mind as well

she's a looker
Old 2013-02-13, 14:28   Link #4865
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Trying to resist buying that Saber, since I don't have anything else in July to combine the shipping with. But it's sooo nice. Must.... resist....
Is combined shipping usually cheaper than shipping solo?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 15:27   Link #4866
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Fuggums, it's a preorder, if need be, cancelling will still be an option for the coming months

@Xion

Yeah, combined packages are usually cheaper than 'loose' items shipped individually
Old 2013-02-13, 21:17   Link #4867
GDB

Think of it like, the base price to ship is high, and it increases as you add items. However, it isn't a flat increase per item, and the increase is almost always much lower than the the base shipping. This allows you to allocate the shipping cost among several items, effectively lowering the shipping price from, say, $20 on one item to $10 each on four items. While the overall shipping price is higher, the per item shipping charge is half what it would've cost to ship each item by itself.
Old 2013-02-13, 23:38   Link #4868
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Is combined shipping usually cheaper than shipping solo?
Definitely. Try to combine orders into one package per month, it will save you a lot of money especially if you use EMS or some other luxury shipping service (and tbh luxury shipping is kinda a must with non-posable figurines, there's a chance they'll break or get lost and with luxury shipping you'll have good insurance coverage).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 05:32   Link #4869
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The big problem with EMS is that the customs WILL NOTICE it, then will take note of you if you are a regular. Be prepared to be f'ed in the ass if you go big. I am trying SAL since last Spring and it's mostly a 50/50 ratio for customs. And right now, I managed to do away with them three months in a row.
Old 2013-02-15, 09:07   Link #4870
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

New Asuna PVC but man, they REALLY botched the mouth on this one, and the fact that her nipples appear to be visible through her armor is pretty awkward. I'm still buying it because I collect all things Asuna but I really hope a better PVC comes along soon.

RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 09:23   Link #4871
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kotobikuya's Asuna was okay but...lacked anything special. Griffon's is a joke...

Goodsmile, Alter...any chance you have one...(as in normal size, Goodsmile's nendo I have pre-ordered)

Saber dress looks decent but I already own a fair few Sabers. Saber seems to be the new Tamaki in figures - there may be no end to her. Have to draw the line.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-02-15 at 09:54.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 11:28   Link #4872
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Not just Saber but also Miku. It's like there are no characters in their respective franchise beyond those.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 11:43   Link #4873
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Not just Saber but also Miku. It's like there are no characters in their respective franchise beyond those.
Quoted for truth. Miku is basically Good Smile's mascot now. I would actually love to see some less popular JPN Vocaloids as figures, or my dream of a SeeU figure (but no dice because she's Korean?) or Avanna (no chances there).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 11:47   Link #4874
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
A lot of other TypeMoon characters get a figure or two. But that's about it. Saber gets a new one every time someone puts her in a new outfit. But not Nero. Poor, poor, Nero. She's stuck with only one that's any good, and even that felt off.
Old 2013-02-15, 12:29   Link #4875
Shyni

Didn't Max Factory show off a prototype of an Archer Figma like, a forever ago? What ever happened to that?
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 13:14   Link #4876
Revan21

Don't forget the NGE girls from that never ending line of figures

That's why I still haven't bought a quality Asuka. Why bother, when the next one will be even better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
Didn't Max Factory show off a prototype of an Archer Figma like, a forever ago? What ever happened to that?
There was a just that one prototype, they never meant it to go on mass production.
Same with the Steins Gate Okabe and Suzuha figmas

Last edited by Revan21; 2013-02-15 at 13:26.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 13:48   Link #4877
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
Not sure about figmas (or which Archer you're talking about), but the Fate/Zero figures are slowly becoming available for pre-order. I know Rider and Lancer are available at the moment, and I think I saw some low end Assassin on playasia.
Old 2013-02-15, 14:02   Link #4878
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post

There was a just that one prototype, they never meant it to go on mass production.
Same with the Steins Gate Okabe and Suzuha figmas
Dammit. Well, Bandai have started making super-posable figures of Fate/ characters (with die-cast metal parts!) so hopefully they'll do Archer. Although those are apparently too big to work with Figmas...

Quote:
Not sure about figmas (or which Archer you're talking about), but the Fate/Zero figures are slowly becoming available for pre-order. I know Rider and Lancer are available at the moment, and I think I saw some low end Assassin on playasia.
Fate/stay Night Archer. I don't really buy anything noticeably larger than 1/12 scale due to budget and space issues, so there isn't all that much that really strikes my fancy.

Eh, there's still other stuff I already want anyway.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 16:45   Link #4879
Xion Valkyrie

Ugh, another yearly figure I have to buy...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 18:46   Link #4880
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
New Asuna PVC but man, they REALLY botched the mouth on this one, and the fact that her nipples appear to be visible through her armor is pretty awkward. I'm still buying it because I collect all things Asuna but I really hope a better PVC comes along soon.
Isn't that a kinda wrong perspective?

I mean, I would go with lesser quality only if there was hardly anything available

I mean, I like the Saber character, but no way will I get 'Sader'

(and there are a few others that didn't come out of the mold in a flattering way)

I'm not gonna motivate manufacturers to make good/better figures if I buy everything they offer
In any case I would skip botched creations to save money, so when a really expensive item comes along which I like, I can get it