AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 10:07   Link #141
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Hope you're right, I've grown acostumed to the DS1/2/3 D-pad... This one looks kinda bad for fighting games lol
Old 2013-02-15, 10:17   Link #142
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Hope you're right, I've grown acostumed to the DS1/2/3 D-pad... This one looks kinda bad for fighting games lol
Well DF, VGleaks and a few insiders all have said that the controller is valid but are not sure how recent it is. There may be a few changes but it should be close. In 5 days we will know.

And no at the bolded. This prototype appears to have a Vita like d-pad aka the best d-pad since the Saturn. This alone makes it better for fighting games. Give me a Vita d-pad Sony.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 12:12   Link #143
Zexas

It's just a prototype and it also using vita dpad which is like Vigo said the best dpad ever.

Edit:
better pic

Old 2013-02-15, 18:46   Link #144
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well if you are going to change some things, glad that the design is still fairly familiar. Have thrown a lot of new things for sure. Looks like a move connection, a speaker or microphone feature, headphone jack, and some sort of mini-touch screen feature. Honestly I'd rather get a hold of the thing to figure out how comfortable it'd be.

Have seen a lot of freaking out about it, but doesn't seem like a big deal. Will have to see what finalized version they have of this with the PS4.
Old 2013-02-15, 20:24   Link #145
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
It's just a prototype ...
Not sure who started that nonsense on the intaweb, it is the current devkit controller. No company will ever send out prototypes of anykind to other parties. And seeing those leaks, the pictures are either taken by a 3rd party dev or some mad devkit collector.
Devkits have almost nothing in common with the retail versions at all. The only machines similar to the retail versions are the test/debug machines, see playstation test models or nintendo debug kits, which in the pass were refereed by gaming sites as devkits, for some unknown reason.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 09:05   Link #146
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I wiped my Wii and redownloaded all of my store stuff for free. So I'm not sure why you're saying Wii takes digital content to the grave with it.
When you buy something from the Nintendo Shop Channel, a small piece of data called a ticket is stored in your Wii's memory alongside your download. As long as you have this ticket, you can download your purchase as many times as you want. In essence, it is your proof of purchase. If your Wii dies, it takes the ticket with it. If you buy a new Wii or get a replacement, it won't have this ticket so you won't be able to redownload your purchases.
Old 2013-02-16, 17:02   Link #147
kyp275
Meh

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...TExNDUyWj.html

I guess that's one way to deal with backward compatibility... won't help you play games you have on discs though :/
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 21:29   Link #148
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
When you buy something from the Nintendo Shop Channel, a small piece of data called a ticket is stored in your Wii's memory alongside your download. As long as you have this ticket, you can download your purchase as many times as you want. In essence, it is your proof of purchase. If your Wii dies, it takes the ticket with it. If you buy a new Wii or get a replacement, it won't have this ticket so you won't be able to redownload your purchases.
Ok, I was not clear what constituted "Wii death".
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 05:35   Link #149
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...TExNDUyWj.html

I guess that's one way to deal with backward compatibility... won't help you play games you have on discs though :/
They better fix their lousy network stability then. Also, if the PSN is any indication, Europe is still screwed.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 17:58   Link #150
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 19:21   Link #151
Dextro
He Without a Title

There's a bit of great news here though: since the new ps4 is by all accounts just a decent current gaming pc ports will be amazing from now on. As a PC gamer (mostly) I welcome this news and so does my wallet

ps: I beg to differ but the best dpad ever made was the mega drive/genesis one (or maybe the Saturn one)
Old 2013-02-20, 19:25   Link #152
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

So...um...how do we use the touch pad at the center? Won't it create some pretty awkward gesture to use?
Old 2013-02-20, 19:43   Link #153
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Really SE, you just recycle materials from the past
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 19:46   Link #154
Sides

Holy cr@p this system is a monster! 8GB of GDDR5 RAM. I really hope the system is affordable...
Some of the "social" features are kind of off-putting to me. i hope those parts don't take up much system resources, so we can get really visually stunning looking solo games, like RPG, without coop gimmicks and that kind of thing.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 19:55   Link #155
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Just reading some news articles, Sony is already shooting itself in the foot if they don't fix things up- it appears to not be backwards compatible, or at least can't play PS3 games... as for PS2 or PS1, I haven't seen anything about those... yet

And if this isn't changed, if Sony adds this on top of not being able to play used games 9which again, nothing was said about )... Sony is going to alienate so many people that they might as well just go out of business

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 19:56   Link #156
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Diablo 3 on console? PS3 and 4?
Guess they decided the recent patches finally fixed most of the issues and ready for Sony.
Old 2013-02-20, 20:11   Link #157
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Just reading some news articles, Sony is already shooting itself in the foot if they don't fix things up- it appears to not be backwards compatible, or at least can't play PS3 games... as for PS2 or PS1, I haven't seen anything about those... yet

And if this isn't changed, if Sony adds this on top of not being able to play used games 9which again, nothing was said about )... Sony is going to alienate so many people that they might as well just go out of business
nobody knows whether it's going to be backwards compatible or not yet. Even then I really don't see the point of complaining if it doesn't. The hardware architecture between 3 and 4 is very different, so you either have to go with software emulation or include a ps3 processor in the system. The first is extremely unlikely to perform remotely satisfactorily, and the latter will only serve to further driving up the cost.

The whole no-used-game thing IMO has been blown out of proportion based on nothing other than pure speculation based on filed patents. Nobody will be THAT stupid, it'd be a shoot-self-in-face feature, as the other side will basically win by default simply by not having that feature.

The showing is rather short, not much was shown tbh... I did lol at SE's announcement of an announcement though
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 20:12   Link #158
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

This really was to be expected when the leaks about a PC architecture came out. There's just no easy or cheap way to emulate/integrate the cell processor into the ps4.

But seriously, no UI and no system showcase? Is this what press conferences amount to these days? Like destiny's, all concepts and bullet points, a little graphical showcase. I'm honestly kinda disappointed, since there were almost zero surprises (asides from the awesome looking new inFAMOUS)

I'm thrilled to know its finally coming, the gaikai stuff sounds really really awesome, and man, some of those demos (that killzone draw distance, watchdog's demo, the deep down render) really hits the "next-gen" look, but I wished they had something more revolutionary to physically show off. I blame the leaks, takes away so much of the steam from this.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2013-02-20 at 20:31.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 20:23   Link #159
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
The whole no-used-game thing IMO has been blown out of proportion based on nothing other than pure speculation based on filed patents. Nobody will be THAT stupid, it'd be a shoot-self-in-face feature, as the other side will basically win by default simply by not having that feature.
I think you're looking at this in the short term, and you'd be right there. But the trend of consumers in general is less about ownership and more about access. Even among those who want to own, "physical copy" to them increasingly means "hard drive" and not shelf space. Like it or not, "cloud" is the next thing as the internet matures.
Old 2013-02-20, 20:28   Link #160
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought the FF thing was hilarious. "Hey guys, see you at E3 "

All in all it wasn't bad. Through out several incoming games, confirmed a lot of speculation as to what the hardware is, and the goals.

They got the intro out and now it's the wait for E3 and more stuff.

On the positive nothing about no-used games. I'll say the ability to try a game out before paying for it is interesting. Therefore can try out some games that way....before walking out to the store and getting a physical version . I'm still not buying much in terms of digital games.