AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-26, 11:10   Link #1821
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I wouldn't be suprised if Shaka decided to support Mu, afterall he was the person who choose to support Saga despite at that time Athena had a freaking arrow in her chest but didnt' anything because there was good deep deep inside Saga .
This is what makes me love Asmita even more. His actions still makes sense compared to Shaka.
Old 2013-02-26, 11:36   Link #1822
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Dude, its PALLASITES, not Parasites .
DUDE! It's a first translation, ease down.

And yeah, i am aware that it would also be Pallasites, it's a double pun on parasites.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 20:25   Link #1823
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Spoiler for Episode 50:
It's what i wanted.
A Dragon Ball Z attack life San Goku + Sangohan versus Cell.
Despite their are not father and son.^^
Old 2013-02-26, 20:33   Link #1824
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm not a shipper guy but I hope there will be Koga X Yuna to see if Toei can write romance for Saint Seiya without making it look crazy like the strange relationship Seiya and Saori have.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 20:38   Link #1825
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I'm not a shipper guy but I hope there will be Koga X Yuna to see if Toei can write romance for Saint Seiya without making it look crazy like the strange relationship Seiya and Saori have.
It's a good thing that Reiko Yoshida's resume includes writing Romeo X Juliet for Gonzo.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 07:12   Link #1826
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
It's a good thing that Reiko Yoshida's resume includes writing Romeo X Juliet for Gonzo.
That isn't exactly a good thing. The "romance", though with somewhat more depth than the famous tragedy, was largely fairytalish and the plot rolls away along with the setting in the second half to some very cringeworthy places.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 09:02   Link #1827
Key Board
Carbon

so Omega did well enough to merit a 2nd season?

I had the impression that it was the Gundam AGE of Saint Seiya

well.. probably not THAT bad, but it does feel as if they squandered a lot of the potential
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 09:06   Link #1828
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Considering it got a 2nd season it did good enough. Nowadays, anime can be cancelled in episode 13 or episode 26 if they are doing pretty bad.

Besides comparing Seiya with Gundam is not good considering Gundam is insanely popular while Seiya is not so much in Japan.
Old 2013-02-27, 12:05   Link #1829
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
so Omega did well enough to merit a 2nd season?

I had the impression that it was the Gundam AGE of Saint Seiya

well.. probably not THAT bad, but it does feel as if they squandered a lot of the potential
Sorry to disappoint but Gundam AGE is getting an anime spin-off based on Asemu and Zeheart - it definitely didn't do as bad as people think.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 15:11   Link #1830
Justin_Brett

That's them realizing those two in Part 2 were one of the only things people liked about the show. Doesn't mean it did well at all.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 16:21   Link #1831
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
If Yuna would get her fighting skills up to those guys, we wouldn't have to worry about Koga x Yuna.
Old 2013-02-27, 16:35   Link #1832
rickiminato

saint seiya and gundam are popular in japan
Old 2013-02-27, 17:10   Link #1833
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Actually Seiya is not very popular in Japan. I heard that the top of its popularity is in France which is the first European country that is going to air Omega.
Old 2013-02-27, 17:20   Link #1834
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Saint Seiya used to be very popular in Japan, it just didn't hold that popularity along the years, unlike, say, Dragonball or even Hokuto no Ken.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 18:31   Link #1835
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Sorry to disappoint but Gundam AGE is getting an anime spin-off based on Asemu and Zeheart - it definitely didn't do as bad as people think.
Actually, Gundam AGE did really bad in almost every sales-department imaginable. It bombed in BD/DVD sales, Plamo sales, Video Game sales, Action Figure sales, and other merchandises they made out of AGE. If you search the Gundam AGE or Gundam General threads, some members already posted the actual numbers of AGE’s sales which, once again, very poor (even lower than the commercially failed Gundam X). Now that’s really something isn’t it? It’s a miracle that Bandai/Sunrise still willing to make more animated project related to AGE like the recent news about the animated spin-off/side-story.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:55   Link #1836
ChampDream
Alive

Just watch episode 46 and I have some question
why did they use the name Mars and not Ares since every other god use their greek name, is it so they can related to the planet?
Is Mars the weakest god, I mean he was defeat by two saints and Aria's light while Hades was defeat by four saints and Athena's light? or maybe the new saints are more powerfull then the previous saints, they did defeat Mars's general without the help of Athena?
are Mars soldier infinite, I mean 12 hours pass, Kiki and Harbinger are still fighting?
Old 2013-02-27, 20:15   Link #1837
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
why did they use the name Mars and not Ares since every other god use their greek name, is it so they can related to the planet?
The bolded part is the most likely reason. Plus, there's already an "Ares" in the original SS although not the traditional war god we know. Also, SS anime franchise never shy in using non-Greek Gods.

Quote:
Is Mars the weakest god, I mean he was defeat by two saints and Aria's light while Hades was defeat by four saints and Athena's light?
Nah. Not really. IMO It’s just typical shounen thing to defeat the big-bad-boss with fighting spirit regardless of how many characters who defeat him.

Quote:
or maybe the new saints are more powerfull then the previous saints, they did defeat Mars's general without the help of Athena?
It’s arguable, but the possibility is there.

Quote:
are Mars soldier infinite, I mean 12 hours pass, Kiki and Harbinger are still fighting?
Those "infinite" Mars soldiers are just plot device to prevent any gold saint helping the bronzes. Just like what they did to Libra Genbu and some others.
Old 2013-02-27, 21:17   Link #1838
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

Those "infinite" Mars soldiers are just plot device to prevent any gold saint helping the bronzes. Just like what they did to Libra Genbu and some others.
so they are using those "infinite" soldier to stop those two, Genbu is maintaining the stability of the twelve temples (which is useless now), Amor is fighting Yuna, Paradox disappear and the rest is dead...... right?
Old 2013-02-27, 21:50   Link #1839
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
so they are using those "infinite" soldier to stop those two, Genbu is maintaining the stability of the twelve temples (which is useless now), Amor is fighting Yuna, Paradox disappear and the rest is dead...... right?
Pretty much so, but you forgot the one who still live and just waiting in his house like Virgo Fudou.
Old 2013-02-27, 22:01   Link #1840
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Pretty much so, but you forgot the one who still live and just waiting in his house like Virgo Fudou.
oh yeah I forgot about him, so after this season only 5 gold saints are going to be alive since Amor is Medea's Brother.

Tags
action, shounen