AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-25, 01:06   Link #2481
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
this is probably the only series that in such a long run never showed the main characters in any kind of romantic event/situation.
Well I wouldn't say that..... X D All I'll say is keep up with the show into new material

Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; 2013-02-25 at 01:21.
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 01:45   Link #2482
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I want to see an animated gif of it.

From left-to-right in that chronological order, I would like to see a superimposed gif.

Very good episode this was!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 11:06   Link #2483
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Again, the gif HAS to include the movment of Gon & Killua's eyes :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Some people play games for the comaraderie and atmosphere.
Yeah but it's still no fun if you lose.

Last edited by Dengar; 2013-02-25 at 11:22.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 15:06   Link #2484
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
Well I wouldn't say that..... X D All I'll say is keep up with the show into new material
well this is the anime thread, im refering to what happened so far in the anime.
Old 2013-02-27, 13:07   Link #2485
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Seriously, I have been asking myself this question for years and years... why isn't this anime more popular with the animesuki community or in the US? Anyone care to come up with a reasonable explanation?
Old 2013-02-27, 13:36   Link #2486
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Seriously, I have been asking myself this question for years and years... why isn't this anime more popular with the animesuki community or in the US? Anyone care to come up with a reasonable explanation?
I imagine that has to do with:

A) The first anime series never had any sort of mainstream exposure in the US, and the release it got was sort of mediocore

B) The first anime was brought over to the US almost a decade after the show had actually ended in Japan.

With those two things it's not terribly surprising the series has been mostly obscure. I have seen that the new anime has brought it back into the limelight though so hopefully some company takes a chance at picking it up.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:18   Link #2487
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think Jetzero is pretty much right. For whatever reason, H x H has never received a decent treatment in the US and if it had, I suspect it would have been quite popular.

There's no question H x H is easily more "hot" now than at any time since I've been here. I'm seeing T-shirts, ads, etc. that I've never seen before, and the ratings are strong. If there ever a time for Togashi to return to the manga, this would seem to be it - the only thing standing in the way of a full H x H boom is no direct support from the creator. I wonder if he might consider an Adachi move and take the series to Jump Square, where he could write one double-chapter a month. He might find that schedule more to his liking.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 20:21   Link #2488
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the lack of popularity first is the lack of exposition ano anime and sporadic manga chapters make it easy to forget, or hard for people to get into it, the other thing ita the artstyle, this is something that people argue its the fact one piece isnt in america one fraction of how popular it is in japan, and HxH can very crude in that aspect, about moving it to jump SQ im not sure about that, it worked very poorly for series like claymore and D-grayman.
Old 2013-02-27, 20:25   Link #2489
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Awesome that HxH had an ongoing in the US that I did not know about.

I'm thinking pedo themes don't fit well with the mothers and fathers?
Old 2013-02-27, 20:35   Link #2490
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Pedo themes"?

Hisoka's proclivities have been alluded to in 2 episodes out of 68, with scenes that could easily be edited to downplay that aspect of his character (not that I'd approve of that). I hardly think that has anything to do with it.
Old 2013-02-27, 23:25   Link #2491
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Awesome that HxH had an ongoing in the US that I did not know about.

I'm thinking pedo themes don't fit well with the mothers and fathers?
It would be a teen title (16+) anyways in the US. Parents worry most about what is shown to children. Manga in the US is rated Teen +.
Old 2013-02-28, 05:24   Link #2492
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

By the way, the guy you're describing is a villain with no redeeming qualities. I fail to see the problem.
Old 2013-02-28, 06:23   Link #2493
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That's certainly a drastically oversimplified description of Hisoka's character, but I suppose that's another discussion. If that were true, he wouldn't be the enormously fascinating (and popular) character he is - he'd just be some guy in a Kawahara Reki series.
Old 2013-02-28, 07:05   Link #2494
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
By the way, the guy you're describing is a villain with no redeeming qualities. I fail to see the problem.
I have a positive quality for Hisoka.

He has patience.
Old 2013-03-03, 02:17   Link #2495
Hamster

I don't really remember Hisoka harming any innocents. In the hunter exam and heaven's arena, everyone was legally fair game so that technically doesn't count. He also took the exam so he could become a blacklist hunter and hunt down dangerous criminals.

Also he infiltrated the most dangerous criminal group in the world so he could take a shot at their leader.

Other than looking at Gon's and Kil's asses he hasn't done anything you might consider as villainous.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 03:29   Link #2496
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
I don't really remember Hisoka harming any innocents. In the hunter exam and heaven's arena, everyone was legally fair game so that technically doesn't count. He also took the exam so he could become a blacklist hunter and hunt down dangerous criminals.

Also he infiltrated the most dangerous criminal group in the world so he could take a shot at their leader.

Other than looking at Gon's and Kil's asses he hasn't done anything you might consider as villainous.
...I cannot say you´re wrong, but you´re not completely right...
Old 2013-03-03, 03:44   Link #2497
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post

You really think Hisoka wouldn't kill an innocent person? I'd say the only reason he wouldn't do so because it's not fun for him, but I'd have no doubt if it were necessary to do so to fulfill his goals, he'd do so in a heartbeat =0\.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 05:12   Link #2498
ookamigirl

Preparing for the contest.
Those were anything but ordinary sports matches.
Razor is a really scary guy, but no surprise there since he's one of the creator of the game.
So Gon and the others finally found out that the game is actually in the real world.
Dodgeball game was pretty interesting.
Hisoka improved the quality of the game.
Gon took quite a hit. This game sure was dangerous.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 05:31   Link #2499
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

You guys believe Hisoka gum ability cannot be caught by Razor himself? He used a combine puppet for the catch.

Thank god for censorship right? In the manga you would see the brain coming out of the skull. HxH gets everything right! Like Gon new ambition to stop Razor balls! One small goal for Gon is big changes in events.
Old 2013-03-03, 07:13   Link #2500
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh shit, when Gon smiles like that, you know there's no way you can stop him from trying to do what he wants to do. Short from killing him or knocking him out that is.

Tags
action, shounen