AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-15, 23:32   Link #1
kevs926

VN recommendations

hi im looking for a VN with a tsundere(the type that blushes alot) and 0 sexual abuse or rape done to the heroines. its ok if sexual content is low as long as there is some.

ive just finished Sharin no Kuni, was nice and all. it was close to the one i was looking for but you would figure out throughout chapter 4 that sexual abuse happened w/o being mentioned and kinda ruins the whole chapter for me

such a VN exist?

edit: i hope the sequel Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo fits what im looking for

Last edited by kevs926; 2012-07-16 at 00:01.
Old 2012-07-16, 04:43   Link #2
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Does the heroine have to be the main heroine or can she be any of the heroines?

Also VNDB tsundere tag is your friend.
http://vndb.org/g602?fil=tagspoil-0....0;o=d;s=rating
Old 2012-07-16, 06:09   Link #3
kevs926

but i want to be sure about the sex harrasment/abuse/rape part
Old 2012-07-17, 18:27   Link #4
hyl
reading #hikaributts

You forgot to mention if you can read japanese or if you have to rely on translated VN's. If the latter is the case, then the possible VN's are much more limited.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Also VNDB tsundere tag is your friend.
http://vndb.org/g602?fil=tagspoil-0....0;o=d;s=rating
Eventhough i haven't read every VN in that list with classic tsundere, but there are a some VN's on it (at first glance Hatsuyuki Sakura, Dracu-Riot and 1/2 summer, but probably more) that does not have a tsundere heroine. While it is not 100% accurate , i am pretty sure most of it is correct though.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-07-17 at 18:44.
Old 2012-07-18, 00:18   Link #5
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevs926 View Post
but i want to be sure about the sex harrasment/abuse/rape part
on the vn website that was posted, there's tags that let you know what type of VN it is, which is very helpful to avoid or looks for a particular thing (though i think some are spoiler tags)
Old 2012-07-18, 00:24   Link #6
halibonga

use 'tsundere' tag to search the Visual Novel Database site, reorganize the rankings from high to low and pick one u find suitable
Old 2012-07-18, 00:28   Link #7
halibonga

though if u want a specific recommendation:
1. Steins Gate
2. Steins Gate
3. Steins Gate

one of the best tsundere of all times, amazing plot, alpha MC, etc.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:41   Link #8
kevs926

ah that site is unreliable to be honest.

one of their entries http://vndb.org/v57 failed to include a sexual abuse tag. to make things worse, its #6 in popularity accdg to the database.

such disappointment.

thats why it's better to just ask.

anyway, i think its hard to actually just mention a title (given all the responses mentioned none)
Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-, does this one have stuff like sexual abuse or extra male characters stealing heroines?
Old 2012-07-18, 03:27   Link #9
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:

one of their entries http://vndb.org/v57 failed to include a sexual abuse tag. to make things worse, its #6 in popularity accdg to the database.

such disappointment.

anyway, i think its hard to actually just mention a title (given all the responses mentioned none)
Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star-, does this one have stuff like sexual abuse or extra male characters stealing heroines?
Well i did mention earlier that vn db is not always right, because all the tags are made by the readers themselves.
Hoshimemo is safe on that regard (well if you can handle Kosame's yuri tendencies). Still, you haven't answered my question if you can read japanese or not.
Old 2012-07-18, 03:30   Link #10
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

such disappointment.

I find the rating more important than the popularity on VNDB...Then again that applies only to untranslated stuff
Old 2012-07-18, 07:21   Link #11
kevs926

i cant read japanese, forgot to reply about that

anyway, thanks for replies, well if sexual abuse stuff/rape was done by non-male characters then i can handle those stuff. even monster rape is ok as long as they arent human-male-like characters

on the other hand, if its a male character, whether or not he is just a minor or major antagonist, i cant handle it. it just ruins everything for me.

oh and about steins gate, i already watched the anime. reading it might be boring, since i know the story already
Old 2012-07-18, 09:13   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

So...anything fits as long as no rape and just one single standard tsundere character?
Old 2012-07-18, 22:34   Link #13
kaitanuva

Well I know Steins;Gate is based off of a VN. And if the anime is any indication, there is definitely a tsundere (a very, very good one) and no rape or explicit sex at all.
Old 2012-07-19, 03:59   Link #14
kevs926

yeah, at least one tsundere character, no sex, no rape, no sexual abuse (no matter how minimal), no attempted rape from other males with the exception of the protagonist
Old 2012-07-19, 05:41   Link #15
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
yeah, at least one tsundere character, no sex, no rape, no sexual abuse (no matter how minimal), no attempted rape from other males with the exception of the protagonist
Well, it's hard to find a translated VN fitting those requirements. What do you think ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-07-19, 06:35   Link #16
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
No sex? Even if it's normal and not forced violence? Then it's hard....apart from common stuff like Rewrite....and Steins;Gate

If sex is ok with you as long as it isn't violent....Sekien no Inganock.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:34   Link #17
kevs926

no sex between girls and male chars except protagonist

yep, dont want any romantic or sexual interactions between heroines and non-protagonist male chars
Old 2012-07-19, 09:54   Link #18
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I will still recommend Hoshizora no Memoria because there's not harsh sex between one of the main heroines and the side male characters, so it's safe to say that you could play it. Now that you mention these requirements involving the exclusion of sexual abuse and forbidden relationships, stay away from some dark stories.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-07-19, 10:31   Link #19
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I will still recommend Hoshizora no Memoria because there's not harsh sex between one of the main heroines and the side male characters, so it's safe to say that you could play it. Now that you mention these requirements involving the exclusion of sexual abuse and forbidden relationships, stay away from some dark stories.
Wait, you have actually read Hoshimemo to recommend it?
Granted, people have already said it earlier that it did fit into the topic starter's description seeing that this doesn't have forced sex and it actualy has 2 tsundere's.

Also aside from prefering a certain archetype , it's still not even known what kind of VN's the topic starter prefers reading. Like does he like pure romances, comedies, drama's or something depressing etc.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:37   Link #20
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Wait, you have actually read Hoshimemo to recommend it?
Granted, people have already said it earlier that it did fit into the topic starter's description seeing that this doesn't have forced sex and it actualy has 2 tsundere's.

Also aside from prefering a certain archetype , it's still not even known what kind of VN's the topic starter prefers reading. Like does he like pure romances, comedies, drama's or something depressing etc.
I have not read Hoshimemo but I have heard a lot.
And by "darker stories" I said, I don't mean the genre, but rather the tone of the title that can be darker due to forced sex or something.
MyAnimeList
Closed Thread