AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-07, 22:47   Link #461
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Another megane girl? I thought one was enough. It's better than having another Akune I suppose.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 23:36   Link #462
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Hmmm, I think this manga is a little too subtle for most of the people here. That and a little too cerebral. It's bound to fly over the heads of many.

It's got a different feel and way of going about things, and there's definetly some bits of wisdom here and there. There's much going for the characters here, but it's done in a very subtle way and I think too many people here have become too accustomed to stories where the plot and character goodness are overtly and dramatically shown to the audience.

I think Medaka is a great character, one whose love for human beings is absolute and genuine, even if it drives her to utter eccentricity at times. It's weird to me that people here interpret her character and actions in such a one-sided manner instead of trying to see the underlying drive and motives behind what's easily seen.

Again this manga really does things differently, and has good bits of wisdom and thought and character, but it's all so subtle that most people miss it.

In other words, you guys have been watching/reading too much Death Note and Code Geass.
Old 2009-08-07, 23:54   Link #463
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Obviously if its so low in ratings they must be doing it too subtle since almost no one picks it up. Personally I think you are just roaming in the dark room, searching for the black cats, that are not in there to begin with.

And I think love for everyone is a flaw and a problem is that manga makes it look like a positive thing even though it is not healthy - everyone's friend is a friend of no one.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 23:58   Link #464
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Obviously if its so low in ratings they must be doing it too subtle since almost no one picks it up. Personally I think you are just roaming in the dark room, searching for the black cats, that are not in there to begin with.
The majority of WSJ audience is 12-15 year old teenage boys, I really doubt they are great at picking up subtlety! Seems anything to complex instead of straight forward (Hatsukoi's having multiple love triangles was too much for them ) or has a long arc from the start instead of quick arcs at the beginning (Double Arts) is too much for this awesome reader base to handle.

WSJ is like commercial radio, it doesn't matter if it's great if it's not consumable for the masses it will fail.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 00:09   Link #465
Darknemo2000

Then do not chose the magazine that aims 12-15 year old teenage boys. Either adapt or get out. If you are an idiot who posts shoujo love story in shounen magazine then its not audience's fault but yours.

Hatsukoi was a shit. And I am not a teenager anymore and enjoy reading complex love stories and still think Hatsukoi manga was a crap. I enjoyed anime but manga was no good at all due to lack of focus.
Old 2009-08-08, 00:14   Link #466
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh how nice of you to reply to me for once though I guess this time was easier since it was opinion based instead of me proving what you were saying was wrong. As for shoujo manga romance.. you're not implying this or Hatsukoi is one are you? L O L

Edit - Oh wait I remember you from the Kannagi manga discussion, you're clearly someone who wants genres to stay in their defined lines and never grow and evolve so what's the point of this discussion lol. Funny how in this thread like in that one you try and spin stuff as being the truth. Like how according to you the majority of fans were pissed at Kannagi manga.. yet the reality was on 2ch most people were pissed at the whiners.. nice too see you acting the same in this thread.

Edit 2 - It doesn't matter if Hatsukoi was shit, Ichigo 100% was shit and that lasted 140+ chapters, I;ll say Bleach is shit and that's the 3rd most popular title in WSJ. Hatsukoi was too much for the audience of WSJ to handle, it was too ambitious, clearly the mangaka has learnt her lesson since we now have the straightforward (yet still shit) Anedoki.

I already said WSJ is like commercial radio and for both of those things the quality of the material doesn't have a bearing on whether it's popular or not.
Old 2009-08-08, 00:21   Link #467
Darknemo2000

Nah, you are just that easy to ignore in general. No, I wasn't implying that Medaka Box is a shoujo, its just an example that the author has to choose audience for his/her manga. It is not the audience fault but the author's.

Like in Kannagi' case, you do something out of the proportions - you get the payback - a lot of noise from whiners, that probably did not went good with the author and did not improve her health by much.

There are acts (or plots in this case) that you are expected to follow, if you do not want to follow - its fine, but do not complain when it comes back biting in the ass later. Sometimes it can turn out to be a great choice and innovative thing, but in most cases audience just rejects it.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-08-08 at 00:33.
Old 2009-08-08, 00:27   Link #468
Westlo
Lets be reality

If by ignore you mean "I got corrected and can't man up enough to admit it" than yes I guess you did ignore me rather well in this thread. But you really you should stop posting so many incorrect things about WSJ and Medaka Box, it just leads to confusion.. (like people commenting that the yuri kiss didn't improve ratings) once or twice sure.. but 5+ times is a tad ridiculous..

Sometimes it can turn out to be a great choice and innovative thing, but in most cases audience just rejects it.

And the funny thing is these people grow up and than complain about the lack of innovation in manga and anime.

Last edited by Westlo; 2009-08-08 at 00:39.
Old 2009-08-08, 00:42   Link #469
Darknemo2000

No one posted it five times + about yuri kiss, in most cases those were different people and each can express what they think. Even if Westlo doesn't like it. And if you are saying that someone posted it 5+ times (as in one person) mind pointing who, because I have to suspect that you are pretty bad at arithmetics if you really are saying so.

And what is incorrect - that Medaka Box has low ratings? Or that it right now struggles not be cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And the funny thing is these people grow up and than complain about the lack of innovation in manga and anime.
That's the nature of the human. When you have it, you are not happy, when you don't have it you are not happy about it anyway.

But in this case, 'grow up' is important factor tough - if you want something different - aim at grown ups (young adults) where it may be accepted, rather than 12-15 year old teens where it will most likely be rejected.
Old 2009-08-08, 00:42   Link #470
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Which only proves that people are idiots.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 00:50   Link #471
Westlo
Lets be reality

That they are Kaisos..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
No one posted it five times + about yuri kiss, in most cases those were different people and each can express what they think. Even if Westlo doesn't like it. And if you are saying that someone posted it 5+ times (as in one person) mind pointing who, because I have to suspect that you are pretty bad at arithmetics if you really are saying so.
The key is to reread that sentence without the words in the brackets.

Quote:
And what is incorrect - that Medaka Box has low ratings? Or that it right now struggles not be cut?
First off you completely got the ratings and which chapter they're based on wrong, secondly you defend TLR by it's tank sales and say that Medaka Box isn't the same. How can you even say that when noone realized that TLR had a big fanbase who were too embarrassed to vote for it in TOC polls until its tanks came out Also Medaka Box hasn't gone to tanks yet, it will go to tanks.. nearly every quickly cut series has been cut around the chapter 10 mark without going to tanks. You ignore that atm is a weird time for rankings due to so many unranked series being in the manga righ now. You also thought this was by the Contractor M&Y mangaka when he's only doing the art. And than you had no idea how big a person Nishio is and equated him with other poor with no power mangakas getting their first breaks. The same person who is considered the god of light novels, the same person who wrote light novels for Death Note and xxxHOLIC in addition to his 25+ original titles, the same person with one of the most popular anime series airing atm.

Not much misinformation at all buddy!
Old 2009-08-08, 01:28   Link #472
Darknemo2000

Quote:
First off you completely got the ratings and which chapter they're based on wrong, secondly you defend TLR by it's tank sales and say that Medaka Box isn't the same. How can you even say that when noone realized that TLR had a big fanbase who were too embarrassed to vote for it in TOC polls until its tanks came out Also Medaka Box hasn't gone to tanks yet, it will go to tanks.. nearly every quickly cut series has been cut around the chapter 10 mark without going to tanks. You ignore that atm is a weird time for rankings due to so many unranked series being in the manga righ now. You also thought this was by the Contractor M&Y mangaka when he's only doing the art. And than you had no idea how big a person Nishio is and equated him with other poor with no power mangakas getting their first breaks. The same person who is considered the god of light novels, the same person who wrote light novels for Death Note and xxxHOLIC in addition to his 25+ original titles, the same person with one of the most popular anime series airing atm.
How is it wrong? Last issue ratings were based on ch 7 or were they not? Besides its not even important on what chapter it is based on as long as ratings are correct (which they are).

TLR has sales and Medaka still hasn't, so? If you are unhappy that I talk as if they are low, well usually those who have low ratings do not sell well. TLR is an exception, one of the reason is because it's based on fan-service (which Medaka is not) thus people have no purpose to vote down Medaka in same way as TLR simply because it is not as embarrassing issue as with TLR to begin with.

While in ratings I am just talking about the factual place - if newcomers will be rated and Medaka will be pushed up - then it will happen, but it still hasn't happened yet.

Nishio is a big person in novels, but not that much in manga's market. I mean Death Note manga plot is not written by him but by Ohba, same is with xxxHoLic (plot written by someone else), as a manga plot writer he is still unproved and unknown. I did make mistake about Contractor M&Y mangaka being the author of the plot, but I do think he chages stuff accordingly. But it doesn't change the point Akira is nameless as a mangaka, and Nishio, no matter how hot he is in novels market, is still no one in manga market as a manga plot writer. Just because someone wrote the manga plot based on his ideas, doesnt prove him as a manga plot writer.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-08-08 at 01:40.
Old 2009-08-08, 02:12   Link #473
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, I see Darknemo hasn't changed since the days of the Toradora subforum...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 02:54   Link #474
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Well, I see Darknemo hasn't changed since the days of the Toradora subforum...
You should probably say since Baka-Tsuki forums, since you are a member there too (and I started posting there before I started posting on anime-suki). Though since I stopped translating ZnT I am not that active there now.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:11   Link #475
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
#39 (24/08) :
Baku-man (Lead CP)
Jaguar (CP)
Neda Hirofumi / Yonaoshi Densetsu!! Yona Oshirô (CP)

Kuroko
Medaka Box
Waji Mania
Akaboshi
ToLove

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=19
Medaka moved up one spot which isn't saying much, Waji Mania possibly tanking may save it though. If the rumors of HxH and DGM returning are true it's going to be a battle to see which series will survive.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 21:52   Link #476
Johnny
Working the bags...

I know the reasons behind it, but it's still too damn funny at ToLove always in the bottom. As to ch 14 alot of z's this week, even Shiranui's appearance didn't shake the funk... Kuroko might be able to stay above if they don't stretch one game over 5 chapters...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 22:01   Link #477
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I suspect the problem is that the author wanted all the characters in, but introduced them all way too quickly, and forgot about the rest of the story... hopefully we'll get the story back now, and maybe the romantic undertones that drew us to the story in the first place (if we can't have Zenkichi and Medaka, then I'll settle for Zenkichi and the swimmer... I just want some goddamned romance in this tory to move it along!)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 22:11   Link #478
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I suspect the problem is that the author wanted all the characters in, but introduced them all way too quickly, and forgot about the rest of the story... hopefully we'll get the story back now, and maybe the romantic undertones that drew us to the story in the first place (if we can't have Zenkichi and Medaka, then I'll settle for Zenkichi and the swimmer... I just want some goddamned romance in this tory to move it along!)
Agreed, I want romance in this also I think Iv said this before but I want Medaka reliese that she loves Zenkichi even though its not bin confirmed yet, when some other girl or the swimmer falls for Zenkichi and tries too take it too the next level like going on dates spending more times together not including Medaka etc etc you get what I mean, I just want Medaka too relies that without Zenkichi she would be nothing without Zenkichi.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 22:51   Link #479
yongshun

Well there wasn't a new member of the Student Council I guess, just that Mawari clone is wearing Medekas uniform.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 22:54   Link #480
Jze0
Hmmm...

Funny chapter. Apparently her plan to get Medaka to change her clothes backfired. She ended up wearing Medaka's clothes instead and now she's exposed. I wonder whats next.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council