AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-06, 20:29   Link #1161
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Was it ever confirmed to be like, canon? Or just a big homage to all previous shows?
One of the video games or guidebooks or somesuch did; but in actual animated canon I doubt it.

I think it was Tomino's intention, though.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 20:38   Link #1162
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Now I'm intrigued. Sounds interesting to me. xD

Is it good, Kitsoru? Turn A, I mean. What's your verdict? I'd like to know what you think before I get involved with it. lol

I also heard something about Gundam X being post-Wing. Or post-something else. Has anyone else heard about these assumptions?
Old 2010-12-06, 20:47   Link #1163
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not to... burst anyone's bubble here, but this isn't really the place to discuss this.
Old 2010-12-06, 20:51   Link #1164
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnedgirl03 View Post
oh for the love of god. you should seriously get over the relena and clyne thing. i know im a bitch so just... stop already. most of your posts is always about relating lacus clyne to things. u worship her?? great. but please don't make this about her all the fucking time. cuz each time you see a post that mentions seed or another pink haired character, you seem to make that an excuse to bring her up. *rolls eyes* how is it even important to this thread if she really is related to them? she's not even a character in this novel or gw. ughh. have a lovely day. xoxoxoxox
Stop trolling. It was a legitimate question, albeit slightly odd for this particular thread. So yeah, stop. Now.

Anyway, regarding Turn A I had also heard the same, that it was the "what if endpoint" for Gundam. Which also explains why the Turn A/X are so powerful, because the technology is theoretically beyond most of the other series. Of course it's hilarious that it uses technology from the G Gundam universe of all things (DG cells in G = nanomachine technology in Turn A)

And LOL at Relena going "Euphienator".
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 21:02   Link #1165
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Is it good, Kitsoru? Turn A, I mean. What's your verdict? I'd like to know what you think before I get involved with it. lol

I also heard something about Gundam X being post-Wing. Or post-something else. Has anyone else heard about these assumptions?
I haven't finished it but I liked what I saw. It's on my list to finish after I finish X.

X isn't post Wing, it just came out after Wing. X is another 'what if' post-apocalyptic scenario, except for UC's timeline. However, X seemed to catch on to the idea that Duo was the most popular Wing character, because its main character, Garrod, is VERY Duo-like.
Old 2010-12-06, 22:17   Link #1166
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Thanks heaps, Kitsoru. xD

My Turn A question aside, these two posts had me confused and thinking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
One thing has me confused now. Snuggles says that Relena was frozen twice. I always had the impression that it was done just once, it got screwed up and she's been like that ever since
Quote:
Originally Posted by macchafrap View Post
They mention defrosting Heero and what it means for his brains at the start of Chapter 1. I just checked my translation against the original text...

"Aurora's mind was sophisticated. Can we really recreate it with just those files?" (Kathy)「『オーロラ姫』の精神は高尚だった。それをこのファイルだけで再横策できるのか」

"It's a risky bet... things might not go according to our expectations." (Chang)
「危険な諸けだ......我々の思惑通りになるとは限らないぞ」

"So he might betray us, like he did before?" (Kathy)
「かつての自分のように、敵に寝返るかもしれないってか?」

"I can't deny that that is a possibility." Chang)
「可能性は否定できんだろう」

What makes this difficult to understand is that third sentence. A more literal translation might be: He might become the enemy, like THE FORMER SELF. That pronoun "self" could refer to either Heero OR Wufei. That's an issue I run into a lot in the text: to whom are they referring; who the hell is speaking.

If I remember the TV series correctly, didn't Wufei actually join OZ or the Alliance for a brief time? Trowa infiltrated, but Wufei changed allegiances temporarily, didn't he?Assuming that is the case, Kathy would then be referring to Heero's potential to go crazy like WUFEI had.

Hm... that seems *more* likely to me, if I *do* recall the anime correctly. Maybe I'll change that bit in the translation, too...
So, this is what I thought was happening:

Heero and Relena got frozen. We don't know why. We also don't know if they were frozen at the same time. Or if their capsules were together.

Heero got defrosted. But he went nuts, so he had to be refrozen.
Relena also got defrosted. But she wasn't herself either so she had to be refrozen too.

We don't know why they were defrosted. Or if they were defrosted together, or at the same time.

Relena got defrosted again. She's still screwed.

Then Heero got defrosted again too, to hunt her down. His second defrosting was a success.

But those two posts made me think these are also the cases:

Heero and Relena were frozen. We don't know crap about it, yadda yadda.

Frozen only once.

Relena got defrosted first. Then ran amok. Because her defrosting was screwed.

Heero got defrosted too. But his was a success.

OR:

Both were frozen, we don't know yadda, yadda...

Heero was defrosted, went nuts, got refrozen.

Relena was defrosted, went nuts ever since. And she's on the loose.

Heero was redefrosted, boom it was a success. Now off to kill Relena.

Man I'm confused. So which one of the three is it?

Sorry for the long read. I know I'm over-analysing stuff but I just got really confused now. Can someone clarify, please?
Old 2010-12-06, 23:10   Link #1167
Ammy-Pie

@ MichaelKnight : As far as I understand and how it was explained to me, choice number one seems to be the case.
Ammy-Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 23:38   Link #1168
Kitsoru

Honestly, I'm still confused myself. :/ But I understand macchafrap said the text itself wasn't even clear, so I guess it might be one of those 'wait and see' things. I'm hoping future chapters elaborate on this or at least clarify which of these happened...

The thing about the possible alternate reading of the 3rd line that macchafrap mentioned (if you're still here, maybe you can help clarify? 8D) is that I don't think Kathy could be referring to Wufei's betrayal in that line, because she didn't know Wufei had been a Gundam pilot until Father mentioned it, and thus she wouldn't have known about his face heel turn during Endless Waltz. So I still think they're referring to a betrayal of Heero's in that sentence.

So that would make options 1 or 3 the most likely options.
Old 2010-12-06, 23:43   Link #1169
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

For those who have seen/read the GOTD manga, do the Katoki OZ mobile suits look any different?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 23:45   Link #1170
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

The story being laid out like that and actually being pretty much correct just shows how outlandish this novel is, even for GW. I still love it though...kinda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
For those who have seen/read the GOTD manga, do the Katoki OZ mobile suits look any different?
Not really. The only major difference I've seen is that Zechs' Custom Leo has been retconned to be white.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2010-12-07 at 00:08.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 00:39   Link #1171
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Honestly, I'm still confused myself. :/ But I understand macchafrap said the text itself wasn't even clear, so I guess it might be one of those 'wait and see' things. I'm hoping future chapters elaborate on this or at least clarify which of these happened...

The thing about the possible alternate reading of the 3rd line that macchafrap mentioned (if you're still here, maybe you can help clarify? 8D) is that I don't think Kathy could be referring to Wufei's betrayal in that line, because she didn't know Wufei had been a Gundam pilot until Father mentioned it, and thus she wouldn't have known about his face heel turn during Endless Waltz. So I still think they're referring to a betrayal of Heero's in that sentence.

So that would make options 1 or 3 the most likely options.
Brilliant analysis, mate. Phew! *sweat wipe* Almost forgot the fact that Kathy didn't know Chang was a Gundam Pilot. Makes sense now.
Old 2010-12-07, 01:04   Link #1172
Washu-Chan