AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 16:23   Link #81
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

My gawd, the art and animation are so pretty and vibrant in colorz.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 16:24   Link #82
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
That's...a lot of things to happen in one episode.

But for some reason I'm okay with that.

It was certainly a whirlwind of an episode, to the point where some of the emotional moments fell flat (I think this might've been better served as two episodes)... but incredibly entertaining just the same. Definitely roped me into being a fan right off the bat.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 16:29   Link #83
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I haven't read the manga so I don't know if it's the same there, but in this episode the pacing was totally off. :/ Things were moving way too fast, and I don't mean the last part (that wasn't surprising, Haru is supposed to be weird, after all) but their whole relationship, especially on Shizuku's part.
I agree about the pacing, they should've taken at least another episode to introduce the whole "relationship". They won't be able to keep it at this rate anyway, and a story that relies so heavily on sympathizing with the characters would've profited from letting the audience get a bit closer to them at first. It'll be interesting to see how they're gonna drag this on for 12 eps anyway.

Show looks enjoyable so far though, I'm always glad about what looks like a decent attempt at a romance. Haruka Tomatsu for the main girl is also a pleasant choice, so let's see how this goes on.
Old 2012-10-01, 16:57   Link #84
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I looked at a larger version of the key art again, and noticed that the rooster is laying a baseball lawl. Gotta love the small things...
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 17:18   Link #85
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, we could have done without the rape reference, but on the whole that was a refreshing change in as much as the guy kisses the girl in the first episode rather than um-ing and ah-ing about it for an entire series (or two).

The thing that strikes me about Haru is that they reveal how he's not stupid. He pointed out the mistake in Shizuku's work, and was the guy who got the highest score so was supposed to give a speech in the opening ceremony. I get the impression he's possibly one of those people who are 'book smart' but are socially inept and have little in the way of common sense.

So yeah, one negative point but other than that I really liked it.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 17:38   Link #86
Sakanaka Shouko

I loved this first episode, it was cute, entertaining and warm. I'll definitely follow this series.
Old 2012-10-01, 17:38   Link #87
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Pretty entertaining first episode, that ending was great. Wonder if that was her first kiss.
Considering that Haru was the first one to confess love to Shizuku, it is probably her first kiss.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 17:55   Link #88
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Same thing here,I admit I wouldn't have minded if things were a bit slower but I can overlook it and I much rather have this rushed pace than something like kimi ni todoke.So even if I imagine it won't suite everyone it's fine by me.

Anyway I look forward to watching these two every week,they're a riot!
Yep, definitely something in-between would have been better, but having to choose, I'd choose this fast pace over kimi ni todoke everyday of the year.
Hopefully they will slow down just a bit now they introduced the characters and setting.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 19:00   Link #89
HandofFate

Interesting episode.
Look the main girl and her inner monologing, guy kind meh.

Character designs are very well done, even the background characters have unique features. Feels a lot like kare kano.

I laughed how Shizuku seems to always keep being kidnapped, be funny if that's a recurring gag.

I liked when those random guys grabbed her near the middle of the episode, and those girls tried feeding her lol.

Not a bad 1st episode. I didn't find any particularly huge problems with the pacing. There was an intro. to characters, buildup of time spent, climax at end. Pretty standard.
Took a brief look at the a few manga chapters, imo, this is one of those series where the anime improves on the manga. The manga design and flow is so sloppy imo. Anyway, looking forward to the next episode, and hopefully some new cast members.
Old 2012-10-01, 19:36   Link #90
Excorsism

Liked the brief appearance Asako and Sasayan got. Asako's so cute with her reactions.
Old 2012-10-01, 19:43   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lightning Bolt Shoujo Romance

Damn that kiss at the end
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 19:57   Link #92
Kirarakim

The plot line in the ep was a bit iffy for me but I have to say I really liked both the main leads, and that is as good of a start as any for a romance series for me.
Old 2012-10-01, 20:35   Link #93
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

I enjoyed the episode, the characters are interesting and looks like it's gonna be a nice anime to follow. I'm fond of these light-hearted animes.
Old 2012-10-01, 21:14   Link #94
firetiger027

I liked the first episode and I don't think it moved too fast. I don't think about two chapters an episode seems like they're moving too fast? Obviously other stuff happens because the manga goes on for 9 1/2 more volumes at least.
firetiger027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:30   Link #95
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I always have high regard for guys who has guts to steal a forceful kiss. Yes I know it's wrong, but man, I respect the male lead for having balls of steel. That alone made the episode for me.

Pacing? I kinda like it actually. I prefer romance on a faster note, if only because most others just take their goddam time. Just taking for example, this season's Bakuman or heaven forbid typical harem anime like this season's Hayate... not that those aren't enjoyable, just want a change of pace.

So first confession and first kiss in the very first episode? Yeah, I'm in.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:46   Link #96
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Good first episode. The Kissing was great!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:52   Link #97
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I expect that there will be a reaction next week with a feeling that they moved too fast resulting in them backing away again, and then spending the next 11 episodes in relationship stasis because they're afraid of moving too fast.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:00   Link #98
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I expect that there will be a reaction next week with a feeling that they moved too fast resulting in them backing away again, and then spending the next 11 episodes in relationship stasis because they're afraid of moving too fast.
Either that or they will stay together but other characters will come in making them jealous & distrustful.

Well I am sure there is going to be drama and that is usually where romance series fail for me. Hopefully this series will come through because I really want to enjoy it.
Old 2012-10-01, 22:43   Link #99
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Haru actually kind of reminds me of someone I know, who is not the easiest person to deal with =( But they're good people. And Shizuku's reactions are really funny, so this is pretty entertaining. Not bad first impression.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 23:31   Link #100
garbage

hay! what's MAKA doing with OREKI??? :P

they're different of course just looks
but seriously this could really be very good, first episode was quite funny. no complaints here

Last edited by garbage; 2012-10-01 at 23:54. Reason: add
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo