AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 23.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 31.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-07, 16:10   Link #21
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
ZOMG.

http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=582sp2.jpg
Spoiler:
Ah ha! So that explains who C.C was probably talking to...
Spoiler:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 16:14   Link #22
Sirmackerel

Awww, it looks like Karen's missing in the cat festival scene.
Sirmackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 16:31   Link #23
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmackerel View Post
Awww, it looks like Karen's missing in the cat festival scene.
Well, you know, in both the manga and in the anime it's deeply emphasized that she poses as a normal student with a weak body - leading to her being discharged from PE courses and allowed to leave campus whenever she feels *queasy*, if you take my meaning. So it's not abnormal for her to suddenly drop out of the picture at times - especially if she were to avoid "pointless" events such as a carnival - a celebration I guess she doesn't hold much importance in, given her Britannia-hating character. She could also have forwarded the pretense that it was too much of a hassle for that weak body of hers and she had to head home for a well-deserved rest.

She does, however, seem to appear the day after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Ah ha! So that explains who C.C was probably talking to...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-07, 17:14   Link #24
dxgarten

Episode 09 screencaps and new OP theme

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 18:01   Link #25
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Whoa, I didn't think that the student council would costume rape Lelouch... *wipes tear from eye* I'm hoping for forced crossdressing in future episodes. The dark miniskirt of Ashford Academy on Lelouch = WIN WIN WIN

I wonder who the outreaching hand during the new OP belongs to... C.C., perhaps?
On the second glance, Big Daddy Emperor is fairly tall, at about 198cm (6'6"). o_o I can see why he intimidates people just by standing up...

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-12-07 at 18:11.
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 18:32   Link #26
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

whats this new mech thing everyone's talking about that karen suposably has.. did i miss something?!

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 18:48   Link #27
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
whats this new mech thing everyone's talking about that karen suposably has.. did i miss something?!
It has been revealed that Kallen gonna pilot Crimson Lotus MK2 in the next episode.... according to Newtype magazine(although its quite awhile already)

Added information: Its probably pass down to Zero by Tendoh from Japan Liberation Front and Zero puts Kallen to pilot it while hes pilot a modified Sutherland named Brai(Guess its good enuff since he has Kallen in the frontline)

Last edited by CronuZ; 2006-12-07 at 19:02.
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 18:56   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I wish i wasn't so late today with the episode, though i had to attend family matters.. ;_;

Anyway, the new OP video moved me to tears in epic-ness. Of course a new video wasn't needed.. the first did the job perfectly, though i was stunned once the video ended, its bloody perfect in every way possible. I wonder if we'll be getting a second OP song down the line.

The episode its self is pretty moving in terms of the Kallen part of the story, Sunrise have really done well to do something like this at episode 09. Jeremiah & Villetta scene made me lol just seeing them sat there. I can't wait for the scene when Villetta comes across Lelouch. As for the costumes - simply amazing, thats all i got to say. Suzaku is my new blue hero!

Overall great episode - shall rewatch in a few minutes and when the sub comes out.
Old 2006-12-07, 18:58   Link #29
Omniscient

Episode 09 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
I wonder who the outreaching hand during the new OP belongs to... C.C., perhaps?
I was wondering that too. It had an awfully long part of the OP not to be of some significance.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 19:00   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
I was wondering that too. It had an awfully long part of the OP not to be of some significance.
I have a feeling it might just have something to do with what the hand was reaching out to at the end of the scene.
Old 2006-12-07, 19:24   Link #31
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=582sp2.jpg

Errr...the upper-most left-most picture....add in a girl on the left side of the shot at the right angle, and you've got a second similar GSEED OP shot.
Old 2006-12-07, 21:02   Link #32
monstratboy

You know, I really enjoyed Gundam Seed. The one thing that upset me most about it though was Kira's bawling. When he got freedom I was like 'Yes now no more cat howling!'. Then he goes and starts bawling again. Now here is another kick ass mech pilot shedding tears as quickly as he dispatches his opponents, with a best friend who has his back even though he is an enemy. I just hope Suzaku doesn't start belly bawling like Kira did.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 21:17   Link #33
Sirmackerel

I just hope Suzaku doesn't become god like Kira did. >_>
Sirmackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 21:34   Link #34
cyoti

Is the Crimson Lotus to Aegis what Lancelot is to Strike?
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 22:24   Link #35
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
LOL cyoti. I was thinking the same thing after I finish the RAW. No wonder ppl comparing Code Geass wif Gundam Seed, cant blame em but they are alot similarity between em

btw, I wish i can sleep like Lulu did... guess not, after all hes the grandmaster( Sleeping during class that is ) =P
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 22:26   Link #36
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Add a Haro and you have the Gundam Seed eyecatch!

SO that's why I found that image so familiar.... I really hope the producers aren't making this turn out like GS

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 01:02   Link #37
Retsoor

The hand looked like C.C.'s, but the sequence implies loss of control and quite a lot of emotion and C.C. hardly fills the criteria, at least not yet. The hand is most likely Nanally's, reaching out to her estranged brother who has spontaneously spawned wings on his back to symbolize his kingship.

Lelouch should be vewy, vewy careful from now on. Detective Margrave Orange is on his case.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 01:24   Link #38
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

This was a nice episode. I enjoyed the fact that it was centered on my favourite character Kallen. I can only hope she gets more and more screentime. I used to want a whole Lelouch x Kallen, but I doubt anything like that can happen. I just want Kallen to continue to be a standout character. One more ep till we see a glimpse of IT in action. But can that killer claw stand up to Lancelot's agility, quickness and large array of weaponry?

Nice twist in this episode regarding the maid, kind of reminds me of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue.

And it's also official. Suzaku x Euphemia are the new Kira x Lacus. But we knew that already didn't we? It's just that the shot in the new OP sequence really drove that fact home.

I like what I'm seeing in the shot of the Black Knights faction that follows the school group. Looks like we'll see the JLF join forces with the Black Knights. Also we have... a girl in a kimono and someone with a large pipe.
Old 2006-12-08, 02:09   Link #39
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
And it's also official. Suzaku x Euphemia are the new Kira x Lacus. But we knew that already didn't we? It's just that the shot in the new OP sequence really drove that fact home.
Now we only need Suzaku to go Seed mode, which may happen with the way that the show is going, Suzaku with Geass hmm...
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 06:35   Link #40
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

BAh Suzaku an Geass aren't really compatible. I mean sure he could put it to good use but he's not that kind of charcater ot just go and order people around even if it could change everything.

Lancelot vs Crimson Lotus is what everoyne is expecting eh. I do wonder when if at all it'll come to that. Besides there'd be no victor in that battle anyway unless Kallen gets reinforcments to tip the scale, causu surely noone will help Suzaku XD

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote