Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 02:00   Link #621
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I really wish Nanoha would stop coming up every time any new magical girl series surfaces... =_=;
It's unavoidable, Symphogear took too many elements form Nanoha to be unnoticed xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 02:04   Link #622
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
If girls can solve things by action and guys can solve things by talking, it's exactly as valid as the other way around.
But the point is talking NEVER works in ANY shows, they still end up fighting, so I'd rather they just drop the pretense because it is getting seriously tiring seeing the guys tries to talk it out, then it doesn't work and they go emo.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 02:26   Link #623
sirn
田舎者言うな

In episode 6, did anybody else notice...
Spoiler:
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 21:38   Link #624
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Gawd, Chris... So adorable... Please be mine. <3
Spoiler for Newtype scan:

Spoiler for Hibiki nendroid:

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2012-02-11 at 22:03.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 23:22   Link #625
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
It's unavoidable, Symphogear took too many elements form Nanoha to be unnoticed xD
Hmmm...Listen to be or I'll just have to beat the snot out of you...

Sounds just about right to me...

*Divine Buster'd*
Old 2012-02-12, 00:10   Link #626
Shadow5YA

I really wish they would put more effort in character design beyond the chest, butt, face, and hair.

When Miku said Hibiki gained some muscle tone, I expect to see that change in Hibiki's physique, whether it be small ab creases, a bicep bump on her arms or something else, even if it's a minor change. Her character model looked exactly the same, even when all clothes were off in the bath.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:23   Link #627
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I really thought that the distance between Hibiki and Miku widened to a certain point, that Miku would no longer reached her. Furthermore, Hibiki's become too focused in her training to take notice about Miku even if she had to keep the secret.

Spoiler:

Now, the thing about Hibiki's philosophy to try to talk sense with Chris because both are humans would work somehow in a real magic-girl universe. But in this show people can die, and people have also dark sides in their natures.

Spoiler:

We've already reached halfway into the show, but the pacing is getting good.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:48   Link #628
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I hate to beat a dead horse, but Aoi Yuuki is really doing an unbelievable job here. That scene with Tsubasa in the hospital was superb - how is it that a seiyuu can manage to sound preposterously cute, be hilarious and project deep emotional pain all at the same time?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 01:05   Link #629
FateAnomaly

How is it that Tsubasa's hospital room could be so messy with the clothes laying around when all she wears are the patient's gown. :P
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 02:17   Link #630
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
How is it that Tsubasa's hospital room could be so messy with the clothes laying around when all she wears are the patient's gown. :P
Same question around here, and Tsubasa even blushed out of embarrasement when Hibiki realized the room got messy not because of a possible kidnapping.

Pretty much Hibiki's ideal view on Tsubasa being perfect had slipped out to oblivion.

And, girls later complain that boys are so messy and neglectful of their own living space.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 03:57   Link #631
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I like it when Symphogear focuses more on the people involved rather than the actual fighting, so episode 6 was fairly good in that respect, more so because we had two fairly major developments on the character front. One I liked a lot, the other ...not so much.

Miku finding out about Hibiki's secret is something that was bound to happen, and something that I was looking towards to. There has been a lot of tension building up on Miku's side, without Hibiki even really noticing it, so I'm certainly looking towards their next encounter now that the cat is out of the bag. Makes me wonder how much Hibiki will be willing to explain, and how will the agency act - they have been big on keeping civilians in the dark, with all those non-disclosure "agreements" civilians involved were made to sign, so will be interesting to see how they handle Miku. Though I suppose Hibiki can try and pull some strings in order to allow her to remain in the know.

The 'big development' I liked less was Tsubasa's warming up to Hibiki so quickly. Obviously it was a much needed development for Tsubasa and was bound to happen sooner or later, but I would have preferred a gradual change and acceptance from Tsubasa's side, rather than doing a complete 180 and going from animosity to an awkward friend and a mentor in the span of 2 minutes. Indeed, after dream about Kanade it seems that Tsubasa has found some measure of inner peace and is willing to let go of her pent up anger, but the instant friendship with Hibiki still happened at a break-neck pace.

On another note, it seems like Chris has lost a lot of her edge past her introduction fight. Over the span of a few episodes she has gone from a menacing and overpowering enemy that brought Tsubasa to her knees to someone who is getting punched around by Hibiki. It just feels like her post-introduction self has lost all her edge, and doesn't even really feel like a serious threat any more. The way things are going for Chris, it's her that will be captured once Tsubasa is back on her feet and it will become 2vs1, assuming Hibiki hasn't bagged her already by then.

I suppose the political angle may end up playing a bigger part than expected, so in that context it makes sense they would shift the importance away from the fights to some degree, but it's still a shame that Chris has become a fairly non-threatening appearance after her stellar debut. Ah well ...
Old 2012-02-12, 06:01   Link #632
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Ehh I wouldn't worry about Chris too much we already know she isn't the "Big Bad", and her beat down in the past two episodes are just to show how much Hibiki has progressed. The way I see it Chris will either get something dangerously powerful to put her back on par with Hibiki, or she realizes the glory of Hibiki's ideology and turns to the light side.

Broken characters always turn good, and Chris is pretty effed up.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 06:18   Link #633
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Her turning around and seeing the light at some point is indeed something I expect to happen, and she obviously isn't the final boss, but it's still a bit of a letdown to see her go from a menacing presence on the battlefield to someone who has all but lost their aura of dread, all in the span of 2 encounters past her first.

I understand they are using it to show Hibiki's growth, but I have a feeling they are trying too hard (And Chris' credibility somewhat suffers in the process). Hibiki has been developing her fighting ability quickly indeed, but she still should be ways off from Tsubasa's level - she can't even materialize her own weapon yet. And yet she is making Chris, who was pressuring Tsubasa something fierce, look like a rookie with the way she caught her 'whips' and all in her hand, then proceeded to FalconPunch her head on I recognize they used Rule of Cool in said scene, to display Hibiki's newfound determination, but the performance of Chris back then, compared to Chris now seems lacking.

Though I suppose one can argue that Tsubasa was fighting recklessly on purpose back then, given her broken state of mind (She really didn't have to use her "swan song" on Chris back then - she had her restrained, could have just swung her sword at Chris), and her comments this episode indicate her actions might have well been aimed at hurting herself as well, not just her enemies. So ... yeah, perhaps Chris was never that overpowering to start with, and only appeared so thanks to Tsubasa's might-prefer-dying-to-living-anyway approach.

Makes me wonder how a rematch between them would look, now that Tsubasa has apparently snapped out of her self-destructive and fatalistic mindset (After she is done healing, obviously )
Old 2012-02-12, 06:34   Link #634
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.6 hmm well with mid eps point coming in yea got wonder what next?

secret identity expose to show on miku yea hibiki reveal more like have no boyfriend say what?

feel bit pity sorry for chris give rough past she got & oh blonde in black got theory on it

1.evil twin
2.clone
3.lookalike
4.your mama but look same
5.same person but identity personality take over
6.brainwash/mind control

yea so guessing for now on it wait mid ep point.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 07:56   Link #635
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
On another note, it seems like Chris has lost a lot of her edge past her introduction fight. Over the span of a few episodes she has gone from a menacing and overpowering enemy that brought Tsubasa to her knees to someone who is getting punched around by Hibiki. It just feels like her post-introduction self has lost all her edge, and doesn't even really feel like a serious threat any more. The way things are going for Chris, it's her that will be captured once Tsubasa is back on her feet and it will become 2vs1, assuming Hibiki hasn't bagged her already by then.
Well another obvious reason that Chris is loses to Hibiki would be that she's letting her anger get the best of her. I mean it the first two encounters she was taken by surprise once form Tsubasa and again by Hibiki obtaining the "Magic Sword" but now she's just to focusing anymore thats shown with her change in behavior.
Old 2012-02-12, 09:49   Link #636
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Her turning around and seeing the light at some point is indeed something I expect to happen, and she obviously isn't the final boss, but it's still a bit of a letdown to see her go from a menacing presence on the battlefield to someone who has all but lost their aura of dread, all in the span of 2 encounters past her first.

I understand they are using it to show Hibiki's growth, but I have a feeling they are trying too hard (And Chris' credibility somewhat suffers in the process). Hibiki has been developing her fighting ability quickly indeed, but she still should be ways off from Tsubasa's level - she can't even materialize her own weapon yet. And yet she is making Chris, who was pressuring Tsubasa something fierce, look like a rookie with the way she caught her 'whips' and all in her hand, then proceeded to FalconPunch her head on I recognize they used Rule of Cool in said scene, to display Hibiki's newfound determination, but the performance of Chris back then, compared to Chris now seems lacking.

Though I suppose one can argue that Tsubasa was fighting recklessly on purpose back then, given her broken state of mind (She really didn't have to use her "swan song" on Chris back then - she had her restrained, could have just swung her sword at Chris), and her comments this episode indicate her actions might have well been aimed at hurting herself as well, not just her enemies. So ... yeah, perhaps Chris was never that overpowering to start with, and only appeared so thanks to Tsubasa's might-prefer-dying-to-living-anyway approach.

Makes me wonder how a rematch between them would look, now that Tsubasa has apparently snapped out of her self-destructive and fatalistic mindset (After she is done healing, obviously )
Not Falcon Punch...It is called DIVINE BUSTER!!!
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 10:37   Link #637
klare

after seeing her room, Tsubasa's superstar image is gone...

Miku has been a calm and understanding person, i guess she will support Hibiki in fighting
Old 2012-02-12, 11:01   Link #638
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Spoiler for Hibiki nendroid:
Should've posted these too.

All we need now is a Kanade Figma, which'll probably sell out in under 24 hours

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 11:47   Link #639
Kasirgan
Combat Detective IN SPACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
In episode 6, did anybody else notice that Hibiki's song is a cover version (or maybe a continuation) of Kanade's song in episode 1 and not her usual Gungnir song.
And I almost thought I was imagining things...

Urgh, I can already see all my money being spent on these figmas/Nendoroids along with the character song CDs. T___T
Kasirgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 12:53   Link #640
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Miku should know better than to get jealous. Too bad Hibiki had to show her her symphogear. Can't wait to see the next time they meet up with each otehr. Hibiki's idea to talk to Chris would never work since Chris has lost it and just wants to kill her. Looks like Chris had a rough past as well. Lol Tsubasa lives like a pig, but why were her clothes in the hospital room?

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy