AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-12-26, 07:19   Link #9261
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I still have a first gen cellphone...yes, the one that looks like a satellite phone and is the same size as a water bottle
Old 2012-12-26, 07:43   Link #9262
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That stupid numerology bullcrap makes me sad that a person has been using his head for all the wrong reasons.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 09:21   Link #9263
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
This is why I still keep my Sony-Ericsson dumbphone, but have plans to buy a Nokia: I'm tired of hearing much about those overhyped "must-have" showphones that are also prone to snatchers and robbers.
I still have an old phone for in-camp use when I go back for reservist, my work requires me to have a smartphone as a mobile reference for the symbols on circuit diagrams which I am prone to forgetting.

Kind of feel odd that I own one and don't use it for FB.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 12:50   Link #9264
willx
Nyaaan~~

Whoa, wtf is with you guys? I happen to have two smartphones, one for work and one personally and love them. There's a bit too much vitriol over a device which really only combines the function of a phone and a palm pilot. On top of that, how can you guys not like Android phones? You can put an emulator on it to play all the old SNES games?
Old 2012-12-26, 12:57   Link #9265
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I have a Samsung SGH-A737. It's all I need really. While having all the features that smart phones have is pretty neat, I get by just fine without them.

Endless "K.I.S.S." Soul
Old 2012-12-26, 13:13   Link #9266
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Been using smart phones for years. It had a reasonable internet connection verses my grandmother's dialup when we went to visit her and later help her move.
Old 2012-12-26, 13:22   Link #9267
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Whoa, wtf is with you guys? I happen to have two smartphones, one for work and one personally and love them. There's a bit too much vitriol over a device which really only combines the function of a phone and a palm pilot. On top of that, how can you guys not like Android phones? You can put an emulator on it to play all the old SNES games?
A phone is a phone whether it's smart or dumb...they're both the same to me anyway since my smartphone can only connect to Internet via wifi
Old 2012-12-26, 13:24   Link #9268
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The problem with smartphones is what people use it for. The worst one I have seen are that people put TRADING SOFTWARE on it.

Cmon, your attention is already divided outside of your home, and you HAVE to do critical actions over a unstable internet connection?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-12-26, 13:31   Link #9269
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The problem with smartphones is what people use it for. The worst one I have seen are that people put TRADING SOFTWARE on it.

Cmon, your attention is already divided outside of your home, and you HAVE to do critical actions over a unstable internet connection?
Right, I get that, but that's like complaining people use cellphones for texting! Damn whippersnappers! Phones are meant for talking! Or even going further still -- "You're out of your home and office, why do you need a phone in the first place?"
Old 2012-12-26, 14:01   Link #9270
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Right, I get that, but that's like complaining people use cellphones for texting! Damn whippersnappers! Phones are meant for talking! Or even going further still -- "You're out of your home and office, why do you need a phone in the first place?"
I don't like people to call me because my hands are always full with dust and a screwdriver - makes me want to ram the screwdriver down the speaker sometimes.

"Why didn't you pick up the call?" Why did you even call in the first place when you know that my hands are always full! Just leave a fcking message, it is not like you are one of my family members that I need to immediately answer the call in-case of emergency!

Old 2012-12-26, 14:17   Link #9271
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
The control for the emulator are terrible though. I tried to play Metroid Fusion on it, it was nearly impossible to play it. Only games that you could really play are turned base games, like Fire Emblem or Pokemon.
Old 2012-12-26, 14:29   Link #9272
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
I don't like people to call me because my hands are always full with dust and a screwdriver - makes me want to ram the screwdriver down the speaker sometimes.

"Why didn't you pick up the call?" Why did you even call in the first place when you know that my hands are always full! Just leave a fcking message, it is not like you are one of my family members that I need to immediately answer the call in-case of emergency!
woah, calm down. just turn of the phone when you work. pretty sur epeople understand that you are working and call you letter

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 14:35   Link #9273
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
woah, calm down. just turn of the phone when you work. pretty sur epeople understand that you are working and call you letter
I can't because my supervisor needs "periodic updates", which are usually handled by my partner because I refuse to reach for my phone with a bunch of screws or miniature electronic components in my left hand, and a screwdriver in another.

Mostly I just put it on the next machine I am going to take apart and see if my mum or sis calls; family matters are different. Dead-end jobs to pass time are aplenty so long you are not picky, but you only have one family.

Old 2012-12-26, 14:36   Link #9274
GDB

Quote:

I'm not sure if every phone can do this, but my Nexus can be set to immediately send any call to voice mail, while allowing exceptions for numbers that I deem require immediate answering.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 15:19   Link #9275
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm not sure if every phone can do this, but my Nexus can be set to immediately send any call to voice mail, while allowing exceptions for numbers that I deem require immediate answering.
Voicemail isn't the issue, in fact, voicemail is one hell of a hassle as compared to messages because it is always faster to read than to listen.

The issue is that I am busy with work and people expect me to drop things to answer their call. Personally I use messages more than I use the phone-calling, unless it is a seriously urgent issue which I use the combination of spam-calling and spam-messaging until the person picks up, in a 1-message -> 2-call sequence, with unlimited free SMS and free-outgoing-until-they-pick-up it is seriously more effective than it looks.

Old 2012-12-26, 15:25   Link #9276
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There use to be a phone that also had a walkie-talkie feature for businesses like that.
Old 2012-12-26, 16:03   Link #9277
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Well, not all people have "that" enough cash to go on post paid. Besides, the advantage of texting is, its cheaper and its saved in you inbox to re-read it.... ad it keep secret discussions private...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 16:19   Link #9278
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well, not all people have "that" enough cash to go on post paid. Besides, the advantage of texting is, its cheaper and its saved in you inbox to re-read it.... ad it keep secret discussions private...
It depends on where you live. Here in Portugal you can get unlimited texts and calls on the same network for 7,5€ a month. Sometimes I just want to tell the bloody kids to drop the damned phones and look around but then I realize that I'm sounding like an old fart.
Old 2012-12-26, 16:26   Link #9279
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
It depends on where you live. Here in Portugal you can get unlimited texts and calls on the same network for 7,5€ a month. Sometimes I just want to tell the bloody kids to drop the damned phones and look around but then I realize that I'm sounding like an old fart.
Well, yeah can't be help since..

The Philippines Reaffirms Status As "Text Messaging Capital Of The World

Quote:
Filipino cell phone users have truly developed a culture of texting after the Philippines retained its title as the text messaging capital of the world - sending a remarkable 1.39 billion text messages from a subscriber base of just 50 million.
At $0.024 per text message, local mobile phone firms obviously celebrated the new year with a bang.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 17:15   Link #9280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
You're the whippersnapper! Telegraphs are meant for texting!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor