AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 29 31.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 28.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 17.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-06, 15:44   Link #21
Shiki Nanaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Kamijou Forces? LOL What are they thinking Touma is making sort of Justice League?

Roster:

Index Librorum Prohibitorum - a certain magical index, freeloader

Misaka Mikoto - a certain scientific railgun, Level 5 electromaster, 3rd strongest esper in Academy City, Touma stalker

Aisa Himegami - Vampire killing Deep Blood, former Touma freeloader now adopted by a loli sensei Komoe Tsukuyomi

Misaka Imouto - Misaka clone no. 10,032 , electro soldier linked to hive mind, bad humor, likes cats

Komoe Tsukuyomi - Normal (jury still out on that), smoker and beer drinker, loli teacher go to person, cares for Touma et al.

Kaori Kanzaki - magician name Salvere000, swords woman, saint

Oh wait that's his harem lol!

Other Allies

Styil Magnus, Motoharu Tsuchimikado, Doc Frog, Kuroko Shirai (not included in harem due to fact she likes Mikoto)
I gotta ask you, when did Aisa Hemigami moved out? The thing I didn't like about the anime is that there are quite a lot of plotholes, that they could've explained, instead of using long boring speeches as a filler. Like at least mentioning that Aisa moved out, no wonder she was nowhere to be seen when Toma woked up at night and she wasn't part of that resort arc or something when Toma visited his parents. Also the anime didn't even explain the significance of Aisa's cross, which I just recently found out was used to suppress her blood. Since I don't read the novels, I might've missed out on character development and such, or better fighting scenes. I certainly would've preferred character development more so than fillers using long boring outstretched speeches.

In any case, Gotta love this episode!!! It's Misaka centric episode! Any arc is boring without tsundere biri biri, in this case she was just dere dere, gotta wonder if she will ever be shown admitting it.
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 18:12   Link #22
ani_d

I think it's a little messed up that Misaka can only blush and think of Touma when the Unabara imposter who's Genuinely concerned about her is dying underneath those pile of metal logs. x__x

Aside from the beginning, this episode was just all right for me. I seriously need more Index-centered episodes. It 'feels' like they're saving up another Index arc near the finale since she is barely in the episodes nowadays. I hope things pick up later. :P
Old 2009-02-06, 18:21   Link #23
maxikki

what happened to that girl with the deep blood? is she still living with touma??
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 19:42   Link #24
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
I think it's a little messed up that Misaka can only blush and think of Touma when the Unabara imposter who's Genuinely concerned about her is dying underneath those pile of metal logs. x__x
He is a character that was just introduced for this episode.

Plot_Armor.Value# == 0

ಠ_ಠ
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 20:29   Link #25
BlueDo

This anime never ceases to amaze me that no episode is pointless.
There's story even in a date portion! XD
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 23:00   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

Misaka moved to Komoe sensei.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 23:20   Link #27
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

Oh really.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 23:52   Link #28
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post

Aside from the beginning, this episode was just all right for me. I seriously need more Index-centered episodes. It 'feels' like they're saving up another Index arc near the finale since she is barely in the episodes nowadays. I hope things pick up later. :P
I hope Index stays in the shadows for the rest of the show.
Old 2009-02-07, 03:22   Link #29
Ultimate Chicken

Quote:
Well you have to consider that Misaka met his unfortunate victim a little earlier. No sympathy there. <_<

Anyways, this single-episode thing >>> that last 3 episode arc, and next is the Last Order arc. Can't wait. ^_^
Ultimate Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 04:22   Link #30
jwai

Was pretty funny at the start where Index poses a question where both possible answers lead to pain.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 05:41   Link #31
Bordix

Why is Index's eyes glowing red?
So, Maika and Tsuchimikado likes each other ?

Quote:
Was pretty funny at the start where Index poses a question where both possible answers lead to pain.
that made me lol

anyways 8/10 for me, there were some scenes that Misaka's face was kinda ugh..."off" or maybe its just me, and the fight was kinda meh to me.

As for the preview......
Old 2009-02-07, 06:19   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
You mean Hime-whats her name, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I hope Index stays in the shadows for the rest of the show.
She will. Well, unfortunately, she will get a bit of screentime in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
So, Maika and Tsuchimikado likes each other ?
No. Maika just likes those type of mangas (come to think of it, they cut off Maika's hobby in the anime...?). Doesn't mean she has those tastes. Kind of like how someone can like watching incest animes but not really commit incest with a sibling.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 06:41   Link #33
ReddyRedWolf

Duh! Too much Biri-biri I lost track of my brain.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 06:57   Link #34
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

10/10 for this episode.

Lol, Touma is so hung up on the whole misfortune thing that he doesn't even realize when something good is happening to him. Normally I'd be annoyed that the guy is so dickless, but in Touma's case it is really funny.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 07:09   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Chicken View Post
Anyways, this single-episode thing >>> that last 3 episode arc, and next is the Last Order arc. Can't wait. ^_^

Number 1 rule; Empty all thoughts and expectations beforehand... It helps, trust me

On that note, can't wait to see what Accelerator has been up to

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Kinda expected that when she "Seems to be making space for someone..."

Quote:
Why is Index's eyes glowing red?
Evil...

Quote:
anyways 8/10 for me, there were some scenes that Misaka's face was kinda ugh..."off" or maybe its just me, and the fight was kinda meh to me.
Really? I didn't notice, she looks cute all round

For a 'oneshot' episode, I thought the fight was 'good enough'. Not everyone Touma fights has to be some overpowered haxx, this is someone on human level.

But I like to point out that this is the first fight that Index actually helped Touma Not a huge improvement but one nonetheless
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 07:56   Link #36
Bordix

Quote:
No. Maika just likes those type of mangas (come to think of it, they cut off Maika's hobby in the anime...?). Doesn't mean she has those tastes. Kind of like how someone can like watching incest animes but not really commit incest with a sibling.
I see Isee.

Quote:
Number 1 rule; Empty all thoughts and expectations beforehand... It helps, trust me
True, the spoilers ruined the thrill of this episode for me but I couldn't help it someone posted screenies of biri biri blushing like mad
Quote:
Really? I didn't notice, she looks cute all round
Guess its just me then. I prefer her more in the novel illustrations and railgun manga.

Quote:
I wouldn't blame her that she just left the imposter alone. I mean the imposter kidnapped the principals son, took his identity and tried to kill her fake boyfriend Touma.
Old 2009-02-07, 08:30   Link #37
CocoWawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A stalker/pervert who originally infiltrated the city to break up the Kamijou Forces (笑) by disguising as Mitsuki (come to think of it, any character development he got was cut in the anime...). However, he fell in love with Mikoto (well, that can't be helped).
His existence value is less than Hime... what's her name.
Please ignore how he was still alive and speaking perfectly after being squashed.
Ok, so this infiltrator developed feelings for her during the time he was on his mission. I couldn't add up the pieces of who this guy was and WHY he liked her.

What one learned from the anime ep. is that this guy is a magician sent on a mission by the Superiors/Leaders (who ever they are) to brake up the Toma Force (wtf!? what force... anywho). To do this he disguise himself as that guy, whom I dont have think I've seen before.

It would make sense if the original guy (w bandage) had feelings for Misaka but not the Evil magician-ripping-peoples-skin-off-in-order-to-disguise-guy.

Well, now I can understand it. He was a good guy used by these Magician Elders and as he followed their orders he developed feelings for Misaka - but in this episode at least I didn't get that, since they obviously left out some parts from manga. It was just too sudden.

Last note, what was up with the falling steel girders. I mean seriously. Don't they weld or bolt their stuff together?? And haven't we seen this in an earlier episode? Gadaam! Makes me Rage!
CocoWawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 08:39   Link #38
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoWawa View Post
Last note, what was up with the falling steel girders. I mean seriously. Don't they weld or bolt their stuff together?? And haven't we seen this in an earlier episode? Gadaam! Makes me Rage!
The sorcerer accidentally hit the steel girders with his Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli spear. Take note of it's ability. It disintegrates anything that gets hit by the light it reflected from Venus. Thus the falling steel girders.
Old 2009-02-07, 13:27   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_FF View Post
The sorcerer accidentally hit the steel girders with his Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli spear. Take note of it's ability. It disintegrates anything that gets hit by the light it reflected from Venus. Thus the falling steel girders.
Even if you say that... The anime clearly was at fault because in the anime, we aren't told or shown that. It just falls randomly. Not only that, for just accidentally (or purposely) hitting the girders, they all sure fell at unlogical patterns/rhythms.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 18:24   Link #40
ken_FF
剱冑の理、ここに在り

Send a message via Yahoo to ken_FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Even if you say that... The anime clearly was at fault because in the anime, we aren't told or shown that. It just falls randomly. Not only that, for just accidentally (or purposely) hitting the girders, they all sure fell at unlogical patterns/rhythms.
To aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 - 19:42

It was CLEARLY shown that the light hit the girders. n_n
besides, Index explained what the spear can do when Touma called to her while he was running away from the sorcerer.