2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.54%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-29, 12:53   Link #21
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Am I the only one who finds it odd that after Berserker so brilliantly fended off Archer, he got so easily roflstomped by Rider?
Berserker seems to have some serious tunnel vision, he was entirely focused in Saber, so was basically blind-sided by Rider.

Also, judging by Berserker's ability, he is a natural counter to Archer and his armory of exotic weapons.
Old 2011-10-29, 13:10   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

1. perfect adaption of the book, my imagination couldn't have been better.

2. just one nit-pick, it could have just me but i didn't hear berserker said what he said in the novel.

3. waver is too funny, hope he enjoy Iskander manning him up.

4. both zero and night lancer have the worst luck in masters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post

If berserker is Mordred... brix will be shat... as Saber's gonna rage. HARD.
the scene of saber in the ed does show her stabbing someone in armor.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-10-29 at 13:27.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 13:33   Link #23
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

A good episode but honestly, I have still some problems with the pace. Rider is really something Glad to finally see Berserker.

Overall 8/10
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 13:43   Link #24
TrueKnight

Good epi. The highlights of this ep are Gilgamesh and Berserker for me. As for Alexander, his stuff worth mentioning is the way he rolls over Berserker lol. Don't know what's the complaint on Berserker's cg because I think they looked neat and match most of the scenes involved.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 13:55   Link #25
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

You could say this brawl between servants was won by Iskandar.
He got a good hint of what Berserker's Noble Phantasm is.
He knows what killed Assassin
He gained respect from Lancer and Saber potentially becoming allies in the future.
He mauled Berserker with his chariot
Old 2011-10-29, 14:17   Link #26
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I don't see anything wrong with the CG either. In fact, I was expecting Berserker to be animated this way because of how he was described as in the novels -

"Just like an off-focus photograph, the outlines of the black armor were always shifting, like a mist, and you would sometime see it double or triple. Somehow, the material seemed to be made out of a hallucination."

I think CG is a really good method for giving off that otherwordly feel in anime.

Also, this episode was awesome. I was looking forward to it all week.
Old 2011-10-29, 14:22   Link #27
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Awesome episode as always. With the exception of Caster, this was a great way to have all of the Servants introduced.

Gilgamesh was overly powerful as always, but Berserker did a splendid job against him. I'd really like to see a rematch between them soon.

And Alexander is just like the big bro of this group, sweeping in to chill everyone out before things got out of hand. Not to mention his trampling over Berserker was just awesome.

Fate/Zero just keeps getting better and better in a battle with no clear winner, everyone having something unique and fun to bring to the game. Can't wait for more.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 14:28   Link #28
Nixl

Finally, Berserker arrives. Been waiting for this for a long long time. I thought they adapted the fights very well. The pipe phantasm finally debuted.

I always assumed Gil and Tohsaka would be a better fit, but this episode defintiely appeared to set up friction.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 14:31   Link #29
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man Berserker was awesome. His little battle with Archer was awesome. Fine with the cg since it looked good. Like how Rider stood up for Waver against Archibald. Best moment was Rider running over Berserker. He is just so boss. I think he might be my favorite now. Caster got even more creepy. Guess Lancer will think differently of his master now.
Old 2011-10-29, 14:43   Link #30
tsunade666

Berserk's fight is just plain awesome!!! I might sound like that insane bluebeard that the end but utterly awesome! fantastic! and breath taking!!! fight between the mad dog and the king of heroes. As always Bro Rider steal the show at the end and Waver was still a wuss
Old 2011-10-29, 14:45   Link #31
ChronoReverse

LIGHTNING BULLS.

Iskander Rider is the best.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 14:58   Link #32
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I'm getting sick of rider. He's not going to win unless he kills someone, which isn't going to happen with his philosophy. He's basically deadweight and dragging all the action down while trying to be buddies with everyone.

Is there something like a UBW route in zero? Everyone trying to woo saber is getting old.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 15:09   Link #33
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Another fantastic episode, as expected. Gotta say I was utterly confused by Berserker ignoring Lancer standing right beside him, even if he was helping, and then utterly ignoring Rider charging him down. Makes me wonder just how "berserk" he really is, especially given the skills he showed against Archer... Definitely can't wait for the soundtrack release. The score playing when Berserker caught the Gate of Babylon's weapons and either destroyed or threw them back had my ears melting from the awesome. 10/10 from me.
Old 2011-10-29, 15:23   Link #34
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Another fantastic episode, as expected. Gotta say I was utterly confused by Berserker ignoring Lancer standing right beside him, even if he was helping, and then utterly ignoring Rider charging him down. Makes me wonder just how "berserk" he really is, especially given the skills he showed against Archer...
Well, he was utterly focused on Saber and completely ignored everything else, which was why he didn't really attack Lancer or notice Rider charging at him.
Old 2011-10-29, 15:35   Link #35
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Well, he was utterly focused on Saber and completely ignored everything else, which was why he didn't really attack Lancer or notice Rider charging at him.
Yeah, that's what I mean. Lancer was the closer Servant, and Berserker walked right up to and beside him after Lancer attacked Saber, which was after he had attacked Berserker to help Saber. That, to me, shows at least some level of conscious thinking ability to be able to determine Lancer as "not an enemy". Would he have attacked Lancer if Kayneth hadn't intervened? If not, he's only going berserk at one specific target (Saber).
Old 2011-10-29, 15:38   Link #36
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Sorry Saber, but you just became second best after Rider for me.

Anyways, this was an amazing episode. Rider has once again stolen the show. Pity Kariya appears to be dying faster though.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 15:44   Link #37
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I mean. Lancer was the closer Servant, and Berserker walked right up to and beside him after Lancer attacked Saber, which was after he had attacked Berserker to help Saber. That, to me, shows at least some level of conscious thinking ability to be able to determine Lancer as "not an enemy". Would he have attacked Lancer if Kayneth hadn't intervened? If not, he's only going berserk at one specific target (Saber).
It will make sense to you later. Better not spoil it now.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 15:49   Link #38
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
It will make sense to you later. Better not spoil it now.
Oh but that's just the thing. I read the LN long before the anime adaptation was announced.
Old 2011-10-29, 16:10   Link #39
Moridin

Score: 10
This episode blew me away! It's rare to find the level of tension that this episode managed to display.
When Rider was introduced I merely thought of him and Weaver as comic relief and didn't expect to like them at all. But as this show has progressed I find myself liking Rider more and more. And today, he was awsome. I really like the Servants honor and respect for eachother, especially how Rider acts. If the show continues like this, and incorporates some fine backstabbing and people exploiting the moral and honor of the others, then this anime will become one of my all time favorites.

Quote:
Would he have attacked Lancer if Kayneth hadn't intervened? If not, he's only going berserk at one specific target (Saber).
I agree with you here. To me, berserking would have been if he faced Saber, then realized that he was next to Lancer and, knowing that Lancer was no threat, randomly attacked him anyway. But, untill more information is revealed, I will just accept that I dont know all the specifics of "berserking-mode". As long as the show sticks to its own rules, I am happy to accept any rule.

Last edited by Moridin; 2011-10-29 at 16:26. Reason: Grammar. Apparently "its" is an exception to the 's possesive form.
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 16:15   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I guess I'll post if no one else will

This is definitely the episode I was waiting to see. When I read this bit in the novel I was just completely blown away by the end of it, and realised that I was reading a great story. Before that I was thinking that it was very good but not quite great.

My only complaint about this adaption is that they cut out the fact that Kiritsugu's decision to become active was actually a bit more of a dilemma between practicality and love. In fact I think that's actually been a bit of problem with the entire adaptation so far, not giving Kiritsugu the focus he deserves (and here we thought he'd get too much focus )

Great episode.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-10-29 at 16:25.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote