AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 18.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 35.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-07, 06:43   Link #81
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I'm not sure about this episode, kinda meh and generic compared to the past few episodes

maybe just me started getting used to unconventional twist of valvrave

=

at the moment, I thought Kyuma will take over the yellow valvrave after stopping and punching thunder out of the line

glad he chose his own colour, and he chose well
Old 2013-06-07, 08:02   Link #82
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

If the students were mere human weapons, why would Jior's President let his daughter be part of this project?

I'm really interested about Shouko ^^. It's always the shady characters who get to know others' plans.

I bet L Elf and Shouko will never get a valvrave, but will impose leadership.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:14   Link #83
ReddyRedWolf

Consider this... Spy Teach wonders what Devil did Dr. Tokishima made a deal with.

Think of VVV-tan as Rumpelstiltskin with Shoko being the President's baby.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:17   Link #84
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Pure speculation here, but given the fact that we haven't seen anyone else go full on "zombie/vampire" mode, I'm going to assume it has to do with the fact that Haruto was "killed" by L-Elf at the beginning of this anime. That's really the main difference between Haruto and the other 3 current Valrave Pilots.

Thus, it could be very likely that "hungry" means in order to sustain that hugely damaged body, Haruto needs to go zombie mode.

Thoughts. Comment!
Old 2013-06-07, 08:23   Link #85
galdr

Liking Kyuma development and the blue Valvrave is pretty damn cool with those bows.

Thunder seems just a supporting actor here. I want to see more yellow Valvrave.
So far VVV pilots in term of importance:
Haruto > Saki > Kyuma > Thunder.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:44   Link #86
Raxnom
気疲れ

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Pure speculation here, but given the fact that we haven't seen anyone else go full on "zombie/vampire" mode, I'm going to assume it has to do with the fact that Haruto was "killed" by L-Elf at the beginning of this anime. That's really the main difference between Haruto and the other 3 current Valrave Pilots.

Thus, it could be very likely that "hungry" means in order to sustain that hugely damaged body, Haruto needs to go zombie mode.

Thoughts. Comment!
Personally, I think it has to do with VVV-tan. Even before Haruto died, she was on his mechs dashboard? panel. Then there is Haruto's "vampire" mode and as L-Elf commented It is happening more often. At the same time VVV-tan displays text that she is hungry. Coincidence? I think not. Something has to happen soon because of that "hunger". There are a few ways this plot point could go. One of them could be that because of hunger Haruto is completely taken over and does something extreme.

I wish they would finally say what Valvrave really is, because Cain calls them like they are alive beigns and then there is this reproduce thingy. "Professor" says everything was made for Valvrave. Who/What is the bride? Is it alien?

And the MageRave is the last one left. Probability that it's pilot is Akira is quite high. After all in the OP Pilots are sequenced in order they made their contracts.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:55   Link #87
Key Board
Carbon

選挙公約 means campaign promise

ie: it's the things politicians promise potential voters to get elected

恋の選挙公約 is.. a weird word

literally it means campaign promise of love

contextually? I don't know
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-07, 09:04   Link #88
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Let's see if L-Elf demands to build a Valvrave from Kibukawa-sensei...
Old 2013-06-07, 09:13   Link #89
ReddyRedWolf

Why do I get the feeling Karlstein Institute is Sakimori Academy's evil counterpart due to Cain?

Only difference is that Cain doesn't have Valvraves... yet.
Old 2013-06-07, 09:51   Link #90
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Now that I think about it:

Is that guy who signed the "unconditional surrender", at the beginning of the series, actually the JIOR president = Shoko's father?
Old 2013-06-07, 10:15   Link #91
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Judging from the preview pics for the next episode, I feel something ominous or a bad premonition.

I was wondering about Cain's second in command, Kriemhild, is getting hotile towards him or she's going to shoot that pretty boy, H-Neun, for acting reckless towards her.

So, anyway, we got four more episodes to go until the 3 months interval for second season.

I had a feeling that the last Valvrave, Unit VI, along with Akira, to join with the Space Vampire group to be later known as the "Golden 7" will most likely to appear in either
Ep. 11 or 12. I prefer the latter so that she will have more screen time in the last two episodes.

Ep. 11 - 60%
Ep. 12 - 50%
Old 2013-06-07, 10:18   Link #92
zztop

JIOR Earth nations don't seem to be too affected(much) by the JIOR collapse, if the opening part of this ep is any indication...
Old 2013-06-07, 10:19   Link #93
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Now that I think about it:

Is that guy who signed the "unconditional surrender", at the beginning of the series, actually the JIOR president = Shoko's father?
Don't know. But even if the government left as well as the military surrender it doesn't mean the top officials and generals did not escape.

Happened to the Philippines when the Japanese invaded.

Module 77 New Jior is essentially though the Free French.
Old 2013-06-07, 10:23   Link #94
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've gotten so used to the silliness of this series that when a normal episode like this comes around, I get kind of bored. Everything that happened was predictable, including the reveal the module was made for the sake of the Valvraves. I don't care much about Kyuma or Thunder either. Thunder in particular is barely a character. They need to give them more screentime.

Concerning Haruto's vampiric urges, I agree it's related to Valvrave-tan. I'm guessing the units that were created after VVVI are just copies of it, hence there are some differences. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed VVVI is of alien origin.
Old 2013-06-07, 10:51   Link #95
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Concerning Haruto's vampiric urges, I agree it's related to Valvrave-tan. I'm guessing the units that were created after VVVI are just copies of it, hence there are some differences. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed VVVI is of alien origin.
That makes sense. It would explain why Haruto's Valvrave is currently the only one with OS-tan on the interface, whilst Saki, Kyuma and (presumably)Thunder's lack OS-tans of their own.
Old 2013-06-07, 11:19   Link #96
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
JIOR Earth nations don't seem to be too affected(much) by the JIOR collapse, if the opening part of this ep is any indication...
I think that was the ARUS they are showing. We saw in an earlier episode that JIOR is pretty much under military occupation.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-07, 11:43   Link #97
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I feel sorry for his assistant, she seemed like a good woman.
I personally hope that she survives and reprises the role of a Jeremiah Gottwald, or perhaps pull off an Andrew Waltfeldt. Her few minutes of screen time, IMO screamed FABULOUS epicness.
Old 2013-06-07, 11:56   Link #98
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I hope that leaked preview is a fake. But I have a bad feeling that it goes worse from there... Maybe Cain would stage an uprising and becomes the new fuhrer on the next episode or two.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:03   Link #99
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

At first I heard the scene was fake, now people are saying the scene was leaked from the company they outsource to. Personally, if that scene actually happens and the best reason the show can come up with is that Haruto's hunger made him do it then that's kind of a weak reason. Then again, if they actually go deeper into how the curse can affect Haruto and what it can cause him to do, then hopefully it'll make more sense. Just gotta wait and see where things go.
Old 2013-06-07, 12:05   Link #100
ookamigirl

Many have been lost.
It's starting to affect people's thinking.
I'm amazed how L-Elf is always so calm and collected.
His strategies are really good too.
They are lucky he's on their side against the Dorssians.
So they got two new valvrave pilots.
Revenge may be satisfying, but the consequences of their choices are not gonna be fun.
Revelation at the end was very interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
Closed Thread