AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 14 17.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 19.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 36.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-22, 09:37   Link #601
Eclipze

The biggest stretch EVER:

Last scene in the ED = RH in close up view = Red
Relic mention/shown = Red

Therefore RH = Relic

Old 2007-04-22, 09:39   Link #602
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm... Guys?

I... Never watched an episode of Xenosaga in my life

Those were literally pulled out from my rear.
Er? Wtf? My post was trimmed! That wasn't what I wrote in it's entirety!

....Whatever.

I must be the only living soul who wants Elio's notoriety level to go higher and higher. Although my Signum-vibe had pretty much dissapeared (( it didn't last long...)), I'm hoping to see Elio do in Subaru. and Ginga too if possible. He needs to outdo his predecessor!

Of course this is doing better than CG. Putting aside half the things discussed here are crack-material, this had 2 seasons worth of hype and fanbase. CG took a lot of time (( and pimping ) to build up it's fanbase from it's relatively low-key existence that really only had CLAMP+ Sunrise brand name attached to it. (( slow subs didn't help )). Frankly, I'm surprised CG even overtook Kanon in measure of discussions.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-04-22, 09:44   Link #603
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Er? Wtf? My post was trimmed! That wasn't what I wrote in it's entirety!

....Whatever.

I must be the only living soul who wants Elio's notoriety level to go higher and higher. Although my Signum-vibe had pretty much dissapeared (( it didn't last long...)), I'm hoping to see Elio do in Subaru. and Ginga too if possible. He needs to outdo his predecessor!
He's cool, but he's not cool enough for me to root for him in a fight against a badass like Subaru (her attacks are almost as cool as Fate's... I can't wait for her to fight against another mage) or a hotty like Ginga.
Old 2007-04-22, 09:50   Link #604
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
The biggest stretch EVER:

Last scene in the ED = RH in close up view = Red
Relic mention/shown = Red

Therefore RH = Relic

Yeah... I like the part where we ignore the fact that Relic and RH are in two seperate locations at once

Quote:
Fear not, for you are not alone in this .

Though I wouldn't expect him to have what it takes to bag 'em all ... You'll need someone with certain skills and experiences...

Heh

Quote:
Of course this is doing better than CG. Putting aside half the things discussed here are crack-material, this had 2 seasons worth of hype and fanbase. CG took a lot of time (( and pimping ) to build up it's fanbase from it's relatively low-key existence (( slow subs didn't help )). Frankly, I'm surprised CG even overtook Kanon in measure of discussions.
Well in Kanon, a large number of people already knew the story, or more or less have a good idea whats going to happen, hence there's not much effort put into crack ideas.

In CG, unless you visit the spoiler threads, you'll have zero clue whats going to happen next.

Same as StrikerS except... We DON'T EVEN HAVE A SPOILER THREAD!
Old 2007-04-22, 09:53   Link #605
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I wonder...does stuff like Barrier Jacket prevent sensitive stuff like nuclear radiation and whatnot? It seems to protect minor clash and injuries, probably even minor heat and such, but I wonder if they can protect against stuff like that? Since the bad guys may as well put a nuclear shell inside those drones, spawn them in TSAB headquarters, and we'd see them dying from radiation slowly and painfully.

I'd rather an Otacon as far as scientist go though.
*Flexes pseudoscience muscles again*

I love technicalities! And here's another BJ theory: All TSAB operatives can function normally in voidspace, the HARSHEST space to be in the multiverse cos its so disorganized that anything ordered is instantly torn apart. Radiation, Absolute Zero temperatures, DNA-scrambling and other Naaru-knows-what destructive forces await the unprotected. That speaks volumes of the protective capabilities of even the lowest BJ. This is where my nanite idea comes into heavy play, where they set up a super-thin self-sustaining environment field protecting the mage from the elements. I stretched that idea to the max in my crossover fic of Nanoha and Command & Conquer, where they can prance about all dandy in the middle of a Red Zone, and can even hold a Tiberium crystal in their hands.

It stops non-magical pathogens. It allows one to operate well underwater. It even protects against smashing through windows and bone-crushing falls, makes one's skin smooth, and not just reduces but TOTALLY PREVENTS scarring upon damage. How else would Fate have such amazing complexion after getting whipped, literally?

In other words, I wouldn't step out of a timeship without my Casshern Barrier Jacket. *cough*Otaku*cough*

Well this begs the question: If someone is exposed to an AMF in voidspace, would he/she died instantly as the nanites shut down? Further canon evidence is needed to verify this theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I should think the closer we are getting towards the half way mark the more paranoid people here is going to be. I mean health issues are prefectly vaild way of taking overpowered characters out of way.

Even if there is a "innocent construct of war" anime mecha-girl character I should think there is a happy ending at end of the road, thats the vibs i got from the creators of Nanoha anyways.... and hopefully I'm reading the cards right.

Nanoha should be out in 3 hours time
I agree with the former bit, but am unsure about the latter.

Well yeah that's supposed to be the case. And for once I'm not really hoping for the "everyone dies" scenario.

3hrs and still no Epi 4 thread...
Old 2007-04-22, 09:56   Link #606
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Of course this is doing better than CG. Putting aside half the things discussed here are crack-material, this had 2 seasons worth of hype and fanbase. CG took a lot of time (( and pimping ) to build up it's fanbase from it's relatively low-key existence that really only had CLAMP+ Sunrise brand name attached to it. (( slow subs didn't help )). Frankly, I'm surprised CG even overtook Kanon in measure of discussions.
That's one of the great things about the internet anime fanbase... there are people that give just about every new anime that doesn't look completely third rate a chance, and when a series is excellent, word spreads. I haven't ran across any hidden gems with anime.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:09   Link #607
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
That's one of the great things about the internet anime fanbase... there are people that give just about every new anime that doesn't look completely third rate a chance, and when a series is excellent, word spreads. I haven't ran across any hidden gems with anime.
Figure 17? Don't see it being talked about much, and I think it's good.

*sigh* 600+ posts. Alright, we need to beat it in the next thread.
Quote:
-*watches preview* The hell? I don't see what got everyone here so paranoid about Nanoha's potential death.
Sorry, that was me. I just wanted to promote some discussion.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:19   Link #608
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Well this begs the question: If someone is exposed to an AMF in voidspace, would he/she died instantly as the nanites shut down? Further canon evidence is needed to verify this theory.
I should think the anime will not yield answere to this question, heck I will not be surpised if the producers take the "Its all magic" approch through I hope they put some thoughts in the technomagic make up of Nanoverse.

If somehow an AMF is set up inside a normally unreachable dimemsion (voidspace) where controllable measurement process and Laplacian deterministic predictability are out of the window,BJ should be canceled at least if there is magic bonding of particals holding up BJ, since I belive AMF are waveforms that emitting out of phase of magic wave by pi. However if they are using magic to create matter, using quarks and photons then the BJ is made of pure matter thus make AMF useless I should think.

Edit (hope this clear up the point I wish to make): If its matter creation then voidspace is need to change the constant c, since I do not think mages can generate the energy needed to make effient matter creation such as the jackets. But really if you look at magic like a waveform then the struct of AMF starts to make sense, since your not outputing a -ve Energy, but your superpositioning equal energy out of phase. then if there is increase in Amp of for example magic wave then AMF then you can use magic through its weaker then before.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:21   Link #609
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Figure 17? Don't see it being talked about much, and I think it's good.
Closest thing that I've ever ran across to a hidden gem is Boogiepop Phantom, and that aired on TechTV and is ocassionally brought up in recommendation threads. (and its pretty commonly brought up by me when people list a mindfuck anime as one of their favorites, and especially when they list Paranoia Agent)

Quote:
Sorry, that was me. I just wanted to promote some discussion.
Damn you! You had me worried that there might actually be a legit reason to worry about Nanoha getting killed off!
Old 2007-04-22, 10:27   Link #610
Meophist

Quote:
Damn you! You had me worried that there might actually be a legit reason to worry about Nanoha getting killed off!
Well, I'm not saying that there aren't any reasons to think so. I'm not going to make up something totally random you know.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:29   Link #611
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Well, I'm not saying that there aren't any reasons to think so. I'm not going to make up something totally random you know.
But it does feed us into a spiral of theories that makes the situation much much worst then it currently is.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:37   Link #612
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
It is not random , when he posted em it was with a bunch of reasoning including ED scenes and such.His main purpose though is stop/delay those stream on fanfics bashing Erio if am not wrong

Hey it got a lot of people thinking/discussing about it, was fun.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:38   Link #613
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
But it does feed us into a spiral of theories that makes the situation much much worst then it currently is.
It's just discussion, it's nothing harmful, jeez. Isn't this a discussion forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
It is not random , when he posted em it was with a bunch of reasoning including ED scenes and such.His main purpose though is stop/delay those stream on fanfics bashing Erio if am not wrong
Well, that's one of my motives in any case.

Edit:
Quote:
Hey it got a lot of people thinking/discussing about it, was fun.
In the end, isn't that what's important?
Old 2007-04-22, 10:42   Link #614
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*Flexes pseudoscience muscles again*

I love technicalities! And here's another BJ theory: All TSAB operatives can function normally in voidspace, the HARSHEST space to be in the multiverse cos its so disorganized that anything ordered is instantly torn apart. Radiation, Absolute Zero temperatures, DNA-scrambling and other Naaru-knows-what destructive forces await the unprotected. That speaks volumes of the protective capabilities of even the lowest BJ. This is where my nanite idea comes into heavy play, where they set up a super-thin self-sustaining environment field protecting the mage from the elements. I stretched that idea to the max in my crossover fic of Nanoha and Command & Conquer, where they can prance about all dandy in the middle of a Red Zone, and can even hold a Tiberium crystal in their hands.

It stops non-magical pathogens. It allows one to operate well underwater. It even protects against smashing through windows and bone-crushing falls, makes one's skin smooth, and not just reduces but TOTALLY PREVENTS scarring upon damage. How else would Fate have such amazing complexion after getting whipped, literally?

In other words, I wouldn't step out of a timeship without my Casshern Barrier Jacket. *cough*Otaku*cough*

That depends... if you remember, Arf in the first series did crash out of the Garden of Time THROUGH Voidspace (after severe punishment from Precia), and into Earth. Don't know whether it's Arf casting a protective barrier on herself, or she's just that different from average creatures, either way we have seen that beings can survive in voidspace without much difficulty, provided they have the magical protection to do so. Which makes stepping out into voidspace without any magical or physical protection quite suicidal.

(And that piece of info on your upcoming fic is getting me hyped...

"Tiberium? Tiberium what?")

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:48   Link #615
Bloodseeker

On the subject of Arf...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6828

STILL no Arf on the case list.
Old 2007-04-22, 10:55   Link #616
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
They probably toke Arf out so they could play with their NxF thing they started.
Old 2007-04-22, 11:00   Link #617
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
It's just discussion, it's nothing harmful, jeez. Isn't this a discussion forum?Well, that's one of my motives in any case.

Edit:In the end, isn't that what's important?
yep i was trying to say it is not a bad thing /agree with you >< sorry bad english

About Arf , she is probably going to be stuck with babysitting till mid series or she might appear in puppy form do nothing more than wagging her tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
They probably toke Arf out so they could play with their NxF thing they started.
ehh Arf involvement actually could make those more interesting since Arf is Fate's closest beside Nanoha
Old 2007-04-22, 12:16   Link #618
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
About Arf , she is probably going to be stuck with babysitting till mid series or she might appear in puppy form do nothing more than wagging her tail

ehh Arf involvement actually could make those more interesting since Arf is Fate's closest beside Nanoha
actually arf is in loli kid form rather than being a puppy...shes probably helping yuuno sorting out some books or something (wasted talent)

and we all know how protective of fate chan arf is so there will be no hawts time for nanoha with her around >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-22, 12:42   Link #619
Erio
Hiromi

Talking about CG, I think Hayate's unit at some point will get its own battleship, or so I hope. In such case, it would be really cool, and necessary, to have a special head technician aboard. I hope someone like Rakshata or Lloyd joins. In CG, they were my favorite members of their respective groups. Maybe she/he can make new weapons and equipment for Nanoha to try out! I'm sure Kha would like this too.
Old 2007-04-22, 13:38   Link #620
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Talking about CG, I think Hayate's unit at some point will get its own battleship, or so I hope. In such case, it would be really cool, and necessary, to have a special head technician aboard. I hope someone like Rakshata or Lloyd joins. In CG, they were my favorite members of their respective groups. Maybe she/he can make new weapons and equipment for Nanoha to try out! I'm sure Kha would like this too.
Yeah I DO! And she's already there: Chario. And before her there was Amy. Whether they get a battleship or not is a given; I think its just a matter of when. I'm more concerned (apart from how many parsecs it can go, the number of gun ports, shield and hull rating, the pwnage weapon and other technical specs ) with what they are going to name it. And NO, Loveboat and Fatemobile are out of the question. Do you think they follow the Hindi god naming style or do something almost totally random like a mecha series, or just call it the "White Base"?