Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-11-27, 17:33   Link #1
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

Help? with westell 2200

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:43.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 21:13   Link #2
xargon

hehe routers <3
type: http://192.168.1.1 in ie or w/e
for the name use admin and for the password use password
assuming that you haven't changed these before, if this is ur first time it will ask you to change it so change it.
click configurations then select Service Configuration from the drop down labeled select a service, then click define custom service
check Port Forwarding Ranges hit next.
then enter the service name, and w/e it asks you. so if bt uses 5881 - 5999 or w/e use that for the global thing, then for the base use 5881
hit next then hit close.
the in the drop down menu pick the the service you just named and click enable.
idk if you should restart router and connections but it would hurt to do so.
after that you should be good.
I dun know how well this thing works as a firewall but you should get something like the linksys wrt54g, i've been using it for 3 months now and i've seeded bt for over a month strait non stop without having to restart the router and it has tons of cool options including modified firewares. its pretty cheap too like 60 bucks i think.

edit: if the addy for ur modem thing isn't 192.168.1.1 then type ipconfig in cmd (start>run> type cmd) and see what it says for gateway, that should tell you what page it is.
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-30, 04:27   Link #3
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xargon
hehe routers <3
type: http://192.168.1.1 in ie or w/e
for the name use admin and for the password use password
assuming that you haven't changed these before, if this is ur first time it will ask you to change it so change it.
click configurations then select Service Configuration from the drop down labeled select a service, then click define custom service
check Port Forwarding Ranges hit next.
then enter the service name, and w/e it asks you. so if bt uses 5881 - 5999 or w/e use that for the global thing, then for the base use 5881
hit next then hit close.
the in the drop down menu pick the the service you just named and click enable.
idk if you should restart router and connections but it would hurt to do so.
after that you should be good.
I dun know how well this thing works as a firewall but you should get something like the linksys wrt54g, i've been using it for 3 months now and i've seeded bt for over a month strait non stop without having to restart the router and it has tons of cool options including modified firewares. its pretty cheap too like 60 bucks i think.

edit: if the addy for ur modem thing isn't 192.168.1.1 then type ipconfig in cmd (start>run> type cmd) and see what it says for gateway, that should tell you what page it is.
On a side note the basic BT client uses the default TCP port range of 6881-6999. If you use the experimental modified version of Bram Cohen's BT client then you have the option to change its port range to whatever you want easily in the clients options.
Old 2004-11-30, 12:38   Link #4
xargon

edit edit edit edit edit

Last edited by xargon; 2011-09-25 at 21:04.
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote