AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 31 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 14.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 20.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 20.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-10, 07:40   Link #161
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

after the disaster of S2 i was entering princess's rondo with low expectations (i even put off watching the episode a couple days as a result). i have to say that i really enjoyed the first episode of S3. it wasn't anything great, but just a good serving of what ZnT does well. with elf tits making her appearance next episode, looks like we're in for more of the same with ep2. it's also good to see they aren't wasting any time getting a story setup in place; hopefully the pacing in the coming episodes will churn out something resembling a coherent plot this time around. i'm not holding my breath though. in either event, elf tits makes it all better.
Old 2008-07-10, 23:32   Link #162
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

For someone who hasn't seen the first two seasons (but read up on wiki on character personalities), the series is quite interesting. Oh, and my local TV station had to put this at the timeslot after Shana season 1. Thursday is "Hino Satoshi and Kugimiya Rie" day.
Old 2008-07-11, 01:35   Link #163
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Odd, though, that they'd put a series that most Singaporeans have little to no knowledge about on air.

Still, I'm catching it every thursday, Thursday is now Teh_Rie Day!
Old 2008-07-11, 01:37   Link #164
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Double dose of Kugimiya Rie, and already I'm pining for her other roles, such as Al in FMA....
Old 2008-07-12, 05:51   Link #165
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Damn, I just hate it with Louise has to ruin the mood every single time with her tsun-ness...screaming "baka inu!" and the likes followed by a big boom...it gets so old >.>

Though I should say "yippie" to a nice start...it was good besides that annoying attitude cropping up again and again.

Saito has to be a maso too as I would have ran miles away when the contract was broken

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-07-12, 07:19   Link #166
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd have run before that... But yeah, I'm pretty sure Saito is M. And a lolicon.
Old 2008-07-12, 12:30   Link #167
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

How exactly is he a lolicon when he's going after someone that is just a year younger than him? >_> A flat chest doesn't mean she's 10.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2008-07-12 at 14:11.
Old 2008-07-12, 13:06   Link #168
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Rising Dragon is right. Saito is not a lolicon. Louise is one year younger after all. She does look like bit younger due to her flat-chest but it doesn't mean she is a kid.

But Saito is M. I mean not that he always sticks with Louise, ok i can understand that - he is in love and so on, but that he constantly continues to argue her though knows the outcome very well.
Old 2008-07-12, 13:21   Link #169
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Flat chest, flat hips, shortness, and childish personality.
Old 2008-07-13, 03:37   Link #170
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Oh wow, I just found about like 2 weeks ago that the third season of Zero no Tsukima was coming. I didn't think they would make a third season after seeing how much ppl said the 2nd season sucked. I also thought second season wasn't that great either. I was quite of surprised to hear of this news.

Spoiler for First episode:
Old 2008-07-13, 09:17   Link #171
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Wow, what a way to start. Gone are the shy half-looks, Saito is ready to get some! Seeing him pushing Louise back inside hilarious. He almost reminded me of Makoto from School Days at that point....Almost.

Oh by the way, here's the translation for the title Henrietta wanted to give to Saito.

"Sir Saito Hiraga

The Queen of Tristain, Liege of the Knights, recognizes your great services in the war and having contributed to the peace of the Kingdom of Tristain. Noticing your exploits and granting to you the title of Knight. Furthermore, the meeting forgives back a thing named Saito Knight of Hiraga

Glory to Tristain
Bless us, the heresiarca
"

The whole thing was a poor attempt to make it sound like Old French. the last line makes no sense no matter how you translate it.
Old 2008-07-13, 09:28   Link #172
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I thought it was just some Babel-fish speak rather than an attempt at anything.
Old 2008-07-13, 12:04   Link #173
Taiyakikung

Send a message via ICQ to Taiyakikung
Ah! Louise is Kawaii!!!!!!! .As always,I'm pumped up.I have the strength to fight the test tomorrow now!
Old 2008-07-13, 18:48   Link #174
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Mark of the Familiar

And here it is boys and girls!

The third entry to the Zero no Tsukaima series: Princesses no Rondo.

If I have to put up with words the first episode, then I choose Brilliant!

Aside from doing a very quick reintroduction of all the cast, the writers immediately moved up the story with Sheffields' motives on assaulting Louise.

Spoiler:

I also agree with Louise getting even more moe with each season, as she can't help herself to fall head over heels for Saito little by little.

Kugimiya Rie possess a praiseful talent for voicing cute tsundere loli characters, that one can't help but keep on hugging them.
Old 2008-07-14, 04:01   Link #175
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ooh, so much RAGE in this thread. I haven't even posted in it yet.

Ok, I understand the negativity towards season 2 and the low expectations because of it, since it was such a disappointment (and I can't say this as a novel fan, since I haven't even read the novels, I just know a disappointing anime when I see one), but I intend to wipe the slate clean and start afresh with this season, and give it every chance it needs to redeem itself.

And, in all honesty, I thought there were good signs from the first episode. The fanservice seems a lot more understated than the second season. I've no problem with fanservice, but they didn't miss a single goddamn opportunity to show some in the second season. But we got more of the type of interactions between Louise and Saito that we saw in the first season, which made them initially so endearing as a couple. Zero no Tsukaima's problem has always been that they sometimes go over-the-top with the less likable aspects of Louise's and Saito's personalities, Louise's bitchiness, ahem, sorry, I forgot, we like to call it TSUNdere-ism around these parts, and Saito's pushiness. Yes, they were still there in these episodes, but not so played up as they were in the previous season. I think when they don't so much play up these aspects of those characters, it makes the difference between endearing and frustrating. The final few minutes were forgettable, but up until that point, it had been pretty good.

So, I like how this has started, and if we get more episodes like this, this season will at least be better than the last. I think that's something realistic to hope for.
Old 2008-07-14, 22:06   Link #176
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I still think it's funny how Louise is still so tsundere... she's knows she wants him (and wants him BAD), but her mental state can be summed up in a single word, I think: Denial.
Old 2008-07-15, 11:35   Link #177
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
WOW im glad i kept my expectation low so the first episode didnt disappoint me too much. Its seems that we have more of the same old recycled crap from season 2. Did this series even need a season 3. The introduction of some new characters does the potential to spice things up a bit but im not counting on it. The animation was not to my liking at all. The OP and ED were horrible the only part i liked was seeing Tabitha blush which is always cute lol. The only thing they kept me from giving this episode a 5 was the fact that i am intrigued by Saito's Runes disappearing from his hand.

Anyone else think Saito is idiot for turning down the Queens offer for Knighthood. Hell he would be noble i would jump on that and it would solve some of his problems. Hell he is basically a knight already.

7/10
Old 2008-07-16, 12:51   Link #178
Solafighter
Hige

Interesting opening.

Its nice to see, that the quality didnt drop and almost everything is like the first seasons, more or less in the good way.

I´ll follow this series.
Old 2008-08-03, 01:26   Link #179
OkakuSeph
''Why so serious?''

more romance in S3 which is a good thing
Closed Thread