AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-07-11, 08:28   Link #661
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
Have someone figured out what are Father's real motives?
To become a perfect being i.e to become God.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 08:31   Link #662
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

If he has already created a philosopher's stone in the past so why does he need a new one created with sacrifices?
Old 2009-07-11, 08:34   Link #663
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

probably same as every bad guy, get the ultimate artifact to become god.
Which would be a philosophers stone made from Amestris.
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 08:37   Link #664
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Become god? How can someone with no feelings try to become god?
Old 2009-07-11, 09:22   Link #665
Sannom

Quote:
It'll probably make more sense if it's Ran Fan and Greelin vs Wrath.
I could see Olivia fitting in there somewhere in too, she is a sword user after all. Or she would go underground to help the ones who are underground.
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 09:49   Link #666
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
I don't think he wants to become God.

As you can see that was what he said at first that he cast away his emotions, all 7 of his sins. Separated them from himself and made them into his child, believing that that would rid him of emotions and make him closer to God.

That's what he told Hoenheim.

However as Hoenheim challenged him and asked him why would he make these homunculus call his "children" and call him "father", he was shocked and conflicted to hear that.

So I'm assuming to become God is not the TRUE motive, but something else underneath that maybe Father doesn't realize himself.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:32   Link #667
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
So what final battles have we had?

Armstrongs + Curtises vs Sloth
Roy + Hawkeye vs Envy
Greed/Ling + Ran Fan + scribs vs Wrath
Al + scrubs vs Kimblee + Pride
Hohenheim vs Father

Did I miss anything? Wait, can't remember it... During what fight did Pride absorb Gluttony? Or something like that?

Will Al and Roy get another fight? Will Ed have a major fight? Who gets to fight Pride again?
Pride absorbed Gluttony when Ed, Greedling, Ran Fan and Fu fought him. He was having trouble due to their flash grenades so he decided to just absorb Gluttony to be able to pinpoint his opponents' location through their smell.

And I'm sure Ed will get a major fight and Al will get one more fight too. Hell, it likely will be the same fight, with the brothers teaming up. Pride would be a suitable opponent which I'd like to see them face, but it might just be Father or Truth.

As for Roy, he's already had his time in the spotlight against Envy, but I think he's too important to just sit on the sidelines till the end now. He probably still has a big role to play, even if it isn't in a major fight.

Same goes for Scar and all the other characters. FMA isn't about fighting, there are other things that can be done in this final arc and I'm sure everyone will play a part even if they don't see any action.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 13:32   Link #668
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
Quote:
From my point of view, he probably already sees himself as God. Able to create lives, even if they are not real humans, able to control alchemy to some extent, and he even created a fake gate. He probably sees himself the one closest to God.

Quote:
However as Hoenheim challenged him and asked him why would he make these homunculus call his "children" and call him "father", he was shocked and conflicted to hear that.

So I'm assuming to become God is not the TRUE motive, but something else underneath that maybe Father doesn't realize himself.
I do agree with this. I believe he has another feeling hidden inside that he can't give up. That probably desiring to be a real human feeling might be the answer to all his motives :P
Rawr:3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 13:49   Link #669
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
Chapter 97 > too incredible for words.

I do hope Mustang gets to fight fuhrer though. In fact, I think it can be Greedling&Mustang. Both of them working together can definetly take out Wrath. However, I do want to see an entirely homunculus fight :x Argh! I don't know what to choose T_T

Edit: Ah Mustang<3 pwned two homunculus already. No wonder he can be the one opening the gate...
Rawr:3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:27   Link #670
Starlight

I'm really looking forward to Greed and Pride's battle! This chapter was great.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 16:00   Link #671
Vicious108

^ Psst... that's Wrath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawr:3 View Post
From my point of view, he probably already sees himself as God. Able to create lives, even if they are not real humans, able to control alchemy to some extent, and he even created a fake gate. He probably sees himself the one closest to God.
Well, Ed himself said alchemists are those who are closest to God, and since Father can freaking turn alchemy on and off at whim, I'd say he has good reasons to feel God-like.

Quote:
I do agree with this. I believe he has another feeling hidden inside that he can't give up. That probably desiring to be a real human feeling might be the answer to all his motives :P
Uh, he outright said "I don't want to become human" and I really doubt he wasn't telling the truth there, since even back when he was the little creature in the flask he always said that being a human was inconvenient.
Old 2009-07-12, 02:22   Link #672
akire_and_atem

so do you think Pride will be able to use alchemy since he absorbex Kimbley? I don't really remember if he actually said this in the manga but in ep 14 or 15 (saw them back-to-back so I can't recall in which one it was, anyway...) when we "meet" Selim for the first time he says to his 'daddy'/Wrath that he wants to learn to use alchemy soon so he can help [his] father... some anime only fans might not get it but I do think that it was certainly a clue for future manga releases

what are your thoughts on this? yay or nay?
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 03:35   Link #673
Mentorian
Matsuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
so do you think Pride will be able to use alchemy since he absorbex Kimbley? I don't really remember if he actually said this in the manga but in ep 14 or 15 (saw them back-to-back so I can't recall in which one it was, anyway...) when we "meet" Selim for the first time he says to his 'daddy'/Wrath that he wants to learn to use alchemy soon so he can help [his] father... some anime only fans might not get it but I do think that it was certainly a clue for future manga releases

I wonder if Kimbley in the end manage to absorb or at least influence Pride, considering the stories of people inside Hohenheim, Wrath (the original nameless person still aware of his past and personality) and Greed (Ling still exist, talk to Greed, and even take back his body at one time), it may not be a distinct possibility.
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 05:31   Link #674
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawr:3 View Post
Maybe he is only looking for power and is trying to change the world. Kimbley said in chapter 71 that he wanted to see how the new world would look like.
Father underestimates humans and do not think they are worth ruling the world (well... his attitude about humans hints so to me).
Old 2009-07-12, 09:32   Link #675
butz

another great mangachapter it was great yet freaky that new form of father and the last part was great also

Quote:
Maybe he is only looking for power and is trying to change the world. Kimbley said in chapter 71 that he wanted to see how the new world would look like.
Father underestimates humans and do not think they are worth ruling the world (well... his attitude about humans hints so to me).
I hope not, that sounds so cliched, that is the exact same plan Ribbons had in Gunam 00
butz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 12:03   Link #676
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post

Unlike the first anime, the manga never said homunculus can't use alchemy so I think he might be able to take advantage of Kimblee's explosive alchemy.

In fact, I hope he does. I was rather unsatisfied with Kimblee's end at the hands of Heinkel, so I hope he still has some role left to play through Pride.
Old 2009-07-12, 12:46   Link #677
butz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Unlike the first anime, the manga never said homunculus can't use alchemy so I think he might be able to take advantage of Kimblee's explosive alchemy.

In fact, I hope he does. I was rather unsatisfied with Kimblee's end at the hands of Heinkel, so I hope he still has some role left to play through Pride.
for me it was like WTF awesome ?? I mean I really didn't see that coming I was kinda shocked and that made me appreciate that part even more
butz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 14:23   Link #678
Vicious108

Yeah the shock value was certainly good, but an antagonist as prominent as Kimblee had been dying at the ends of a very minor character is still a bit disappointing to me, since he was a personal favorite of mine.
Old 2009-07-12, 19:48   Link #679
Sannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
Yeah the shock value was certainly good, but an antagonist as prominent as Kimblee had been dying at the ends of a very minor character is still a bit disappointing to me, since he was a personal favorite of mine.
Can we really say "prominent"? He hasn't been there much longer than the chimeras after all. And since Scar lost interest into killing him at all cost (the complete reversal of their physical position on their third encounter pretty much showed that their motivations were also completely reversed : Kimblee is the one who wants revenge, while Scar doesn't care anymore), he wasn't relevant anymore
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 23:52   Link #680
Vicious108

Uh, Kimblee's character goes way beyond his rivalry with Scar.

And yes, he got introduced at about the same time as the chimeras, and what does that prove? Pinako got introduced at the same time as Winry, does that make her as prominent as Winry? Yeah, no.