AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-05, 08:39   Link #701
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
On a side note, I think the Tsukihime English TL patch by Mirror-Moon has been completed...

EDIT: Hahaha, oh wow. Post #700. Go me. :P
OH SHI-... it has! You win an internet sir. *goes to get it* I was only on their site a few days ago and they were saying it'd still be a few more weeks or so >_> Finally, something that might give me a break from playing PSU. Maybe.

On another note, my LE Prism Ark arrived yesterday. Soo pretty
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 08:59   Link #702
martino
makes no files now

Prism Arc? I searched for that on Google, but can't find anything...
Old 2006-11-05, 11:37   Link #703
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Now, if only you could buy Tsukihime from somewhere... :/
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 15:54   Link #704
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
There are lots of copies on Yahoo Auctions

For example: http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b71643467

Unfortunately, they usually end up running into the 20k-30k yen range once the auction is over, plus you'd need a deputy service to do the auction for you if you're not in Japan.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 16:34   Link #705
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thankfully i bought a copy of the game a while back, a smile i now have.

Upto the fourth day with the patch, and so far its going perfect.. i believe i'll have to take a lil' rest if i truly want to enjoy the full patch.
Old 2006-11-06, 20:49   Link #706
Lolicon_Perv
In Jail every Sunday

Help Me..!!

I'm just get a hold of FSN, To Heart 2 XRated, Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro Na, Tsukihime, Tic Tac! and Shuffle... but why they are so damn big!! My HD is at my limit (1 GB)...
Lolicon_Perv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 22:27   Link #707
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Hint: Don't install them all at the same time. Some games might be able to also use an install that doesn't copy everything over.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 02:23   Link #708
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

A few new games out last week~~~

Chanter -キミの歌がとどいたら-
A summer love story that follows the usual bishoujo settings. Nothing really notable here except for the cute character designs and the OP sung by KOTOKO. If you like school life drama, this might be a good game to pick up. Otherwise save your money for the highly anticipated titles coming soon on 12/22. *waku waku*

Miko-kon (み・こ・こ・ん)
Studio e・go! has the miko moe nailed down. While I rarely play their AVG games (still playing Men at Work! 4...), this one really catches my eye with it's nice art and chara designs. Again, not a must buy but still tempting for miko fans.

Ai Shimai (愛姉妹~どっちにするの!!~)
Ai Shimai is quite a different game from what Silkys usually produces so it has garnered a bit of news (softhouses are giving in to the moe trend...) The story is a bit random, revolving around a normal boy becoming a candidate for god. This one falls into the ecchi comedy category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by And the pick of the month goes to....

Alicematic (終末少女幻想アリスマチック)

While I never really got into Otoboku (probably the only one here...), Caramelbox latest work, Alicematic, really peaked my interest. I remember playing the trial a while back and it left a strong impression of the beginnings of an intricate story. Now playing the actual game reaffirmed my impression as there's a great amount of backstory and detail in the world of Alicematic (even the terminology has gotten me confused at times).

The character designs for this game is simply amazing. They do not suffer from your usual recycling of familiar archetypes (see above titles). The music is nicely composed, with hints of "Rozen Maiden" style themes. This fits in amazingly well with exciting battle scenes.

I will post a more detailed review with screenshots for this game later once I get some decent play time. Till then, you can try out the trial version at Caramelbox official website.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 08:29   Link #709
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post

Ai Shimai (愛姉妹~どっちにするの!!~)
Ai Shimai is quite a different game from what Silkys usually produces so it has garnered a bit of news (softhouses are giving in to the moe trend...) The story is a bit random, revolving around a normal boy becoming a candidate for god. This one falls into the ecchi comedy category.
Hmm... so it's like a reverse-Kamichu-treatment? Woah, I'm getting visions of "virgin offerings to please the god" scenes...

I'm going to watch out for that new KOTOKO song... I'm always open for more of her works.

EDIT: Seems like that new song's called "a piacere". What it means.. I have no idea.

Last edited by MeganeShounen; 2006-11-07 at 08:56.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 13:11   Link #710
martino
makes no files now

Ai Shimai...hmmmm...I'm sure that a h-anime was called like that...and...after checking it out it was based on a game, I think called "Ai Shimai" as well, or something like that...
Old 2006-11-07, 13:51   Link #711
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Actually, there's a lot of them.

The very first AISHIMAI is an old DOS bgame from Elf/Silky, also called LOVE SISTERS. There's a famous ero-anime based on it. Review for the renewed version here.

Years after was made a bgame-sequel called AISHIMAI TSUBOMI. But with other characters. Also had an ero-anime based on it.

I'm not sure, but this one looks to be the 3rd installment for the "Aishimai" series. And again involving two sisters, but this time looks to be more a romance/comedy-themed bgame. All the others were dark-themed bgames involving blackmail, domination and humiliation.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 06:40   Link #712
Azira

Hey everyone,

uhm i just happened to stumble across this forum, i'm kinda new to the whole anime/hentai scene. i was recently turned on to anime when naruto debuted on cartoon network. since then ive watched every episode, all 208, and every episode of bleach. i feel sad for have fallen in to this stuff so late. seems like there are so many great things to see and i've barley scratched the surface.

Also i'm a big fan of videogames, i play them all day everyday. i've played every popular genre of games to death since i was a kid. Now i grow bored of what's out there these days. That may change tho... i'm interested in what kind of Hentai games are out there. Like what kind of gameplay and stories they offer. The few Hentai shows i have seen had very good stories to tell.

So far the only Hentai game i've played is Sexy Beach 3. Very nice graphics and beautiful girls but the gameplay gets boring. I was able to find patches to translate the interface and a few story scripts making it easy to play and understand.

I scroll through this forum and I don't even know where to start... so many names of different games thrown out all with nice looking artwork. I'd like to sink my teeth in a few but i don't know if i can handle them all being in Japanese. I'd really like to play and enjoy these types of games but that may be hard to do if not translated.

Do most of you people here understand and read Japanese to play these games? or are there a lot of patches out there for most that translate them.

also... i downloaded sexy beach 3 through a torrent... i really have no clue as to where i could even purchase these games. How do you guys mostly go about getting your Hentai games?

Please any tips/info to help a new person out as to where should i start so i can enjoy some of the great hentai games that are out there?

Thank you all...

p.s. sorry i feel dirty for having to post such a noobish sounding reply... but we've all gotta start some where. i'm usually the type to freely help people explore and learn new frontiers.

p.s.s. I just got Mahou Hitotsu Kudasai Na running... doubt there is a english patch out for this huh... lol now after running through this how is this even a game... its just a buncha still pictures and talking. are most like this? it might be cool to read through tho if it was translated.

Last edited by Azira; 2006-11-08 at 07:50.
Azira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 08:47   Link #713
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
i really have no clue as to where i could even purchase these games. How do you guys mostly go about getting your Hentai games?
For English bishoujo games (yes, they exist ), we get our stuff from one of the websites of Peter Payne's 'empire':

http://www.peachprincess.com/
http://www.g-collections.com/
http://www.jastusa.com/
http://www.jlist.com/

For Japanese bishoujo games, people mostly use Himeya ( http://www.himeyashop.com/ ).
Quote:
lol now after running through this how is this even a game... its just a buncha still pictures and talking. are most like this? it might be cool to read through tho if it was translated.
Yes, most games are like this. They're more like visual novels than games, really. Games with more gameplay do exist, though, but there's only a couple that are translated.

If you're looking for good stories, here's some recommendations:
Kana: Little Sister
Crescendo
Chain - The Lost Footprints
Figures of Happiness
Private Nurse

For some more gameplay, there are a couple Viper games out there, which may or may not be to your taste. There's an RPG, though, Brave Soul. Don't expect a complicated battle system and story out of it, though. The battle system is mostly point and click, and the story is mostly taking quests as a Hunter and getting events with the girls. Still a neat game, though.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 09:23   Link #714
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Benoit's right on how *most* h-games play. Normally (and if you could understand the Japanese that's onscreen), you'd be appreciating the artwork, dialogue, plot flow, and BGMs in a game. Though for some of the non-Japanese-fluent, the artwork and sounds usually have to do for them. (Like me. ^_^; )

Recently, there have been H-game hybrids coming out like Utawarerumono and the Baldr series. The first one plays similarly to Final Fantasy Tactics (or any other Strategy RPG) and still has enough h-scenes. Just enough though. And I haven't really tried any Baldr game (notable are Baldr Force and more recently, Baldr Bullet -revellion-) but I think it's more mecha themed. And it also features customization for the mechs that you'd be able to use. Think of it Armored Core.

Those two above aren't translated, unfortunately...

Then there's also Brave Soul. A verrrry rare h-game/RPG that's also been translated nicely. It's more of an anime-styled Diablo, actually. With the obligatory scenes as well...

H-game hybrids are a bit more rare than the usual games released on the market. Most have point-click-read-repeat approaches, but like I said... it's the plot/artwork/sounds that counts. If you can understand them, that is.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 10:25   Link #715
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
I'm going to watch out for that new KOTOKO song... I'm always open for more of her works.

EDIT: Seems like that new song's called "a piacere". What it means.. I have no idea.
'At pleasure' apparently. It's a musical term. Which surprised me, as I thought it was just a mispelling so horrible the original word was lost. It's a decent song, very much her style, but it doesn't really stand out nor is it particularly memorable unlike, say, her OP song for Prism Ark, Requiem of Original Sin. Still, worth a listen if you enjoy her stuff.

Also, for those who care, Paletweb responded to my request to accept preorders for the first installment of Ef. You can preorder it here

And dammit, Tsukihime rules.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 10:52   Link #716
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
For English bishoujo games (yes, they exist ), we get our stuff from one of the websites of Peter Payne's 'empire':

http://www.peachprincess.com/
http://www.g-collections.com/
http://www.jastusa.com/
http://www.jlist.com/

For Japanese bishoujo games, people mostly use Himeya ( http://www.himeyashop.com/ ).

Yes, most games are like this. They're more like visual novels than games, really. Games with more gameplay do exist, though, but there's only a couple that are translated.
Benoit is right. If you are interested in non-erotic bgames too, Azira, i recommend this maker too:

http://www.hirameki-int.com/

Unfortunately, the bgame market outside Japan is still growing. There's a lot of points downs caused by the piracy, otherwise, we could have a loooot more nowadays.

But there's a lot of japanese playable bgames too. Most of them not depending of erotic scenes at all, because the story and playability are good enough. Many of them were released as console all-age versions because of that, like for instance UTAWARERUMONO, IZUMO 1 & 2, BALDER FORCE EXE, etc.

One of my favorite RPG/SLG bgame makers is STUDIO E-GO!. They have a lot of playable demo versions in their site. Give a try.

And of course, many of us can't read japanese (heck, i can't even speak properly english!! ) but sometimes a good software translator like TEXT HOOKER help a lot.

EDIT: Just remembered something. Azira, you're asking about playable bgames, but didn't you say you have SEXY BEACH? This game is from ILLUSION, a 3D bgame maker company very specializated in playability.

If i remember well, all of their bgames are action-focused, like the action-shooting series DES BLOOD, the Stalker-Sim series BIKO and the fighting game series BATTLE RAPER, for instance.

Last edited by PGilis; 2006-11-08 at 11:52.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 14:52   Link #717
DaFool
Resident devil

I must say Azira's post is very mature, considering that Naruto on Cartoon Network was the spark that paved the way for him seeking more of the stuff and eventually arriving at the final destination in otaku culture, bishoujo games!

You have to realize that most hentai games--excuse me, eroge--are PC visual novels. Big console makers Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft do not like ero content, so whatever b-games end up are all-ages ports of only the most popular of the original PC versions. And the reason why they are mostly visual novels is because they require the least programming, so the development costs go to the art and scenario, where they count the most.

I'm of the opinion that visual novels are an entirely different type of new media (not quite book, not quite game, not quite comics, not quite movie, but features a bit from all of the above), so the criteria to judge them would be

1. art (very important the more ero it is)
2. story / scenario (extremely important if its to be a memorable experience)
3. replayability (here's where actually being game-like even with basic but fun gameplay elements really helps a lot)

and of course music, but that adds to the whole experience.

Determine what's most important for you.

Unfortunately there's very few offerings for the English market, the resources are already mentioned. Which means you'll be pretty much playing purely on 1.) or 3.) until someone decides to release a patch for 2.)
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 19:52   Link #718
Azira

Wow guys, thank you for being so kind. Everything mentioned above helped me understand what I seek greatly. Thank you for helping me open the doors to this great community. I was able to absorb what you guys said and find out much much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool View Post
I'm of the opinion that visual novels are an entirely different type of new media (not quite book, not quite game, not quite comics, not quite movie, but features a bit from all of the above), so the criteria to judge them would be

1. art (very important the more ero it is)
2. story / scenario (extremely important if its to be a memorable experience)
3. replayability (here's where actually being game-like even with basic but fun gameplay elements really helps a lot)

and of course music, but that adds to the whole experience.

Determine what's most important for you.

Unfortunately there's very few offerings for the English market, the resources are already mentioned. Which means you'll be pretty much playing purely on 1.) or 3.) until someone decides to release a patch for 2.)
Can't wait to dive in to some visual novels. It looks like translations are no problem. It seems I can use a third party program to translate the games for me.

If anyone else has anything they would like to add please do

Last edited by Azira; 2006-11-08 at 22:24. Reason: sorry if my links broke any rules
Azira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 20:51   Link #719
DaFool
Resident devil

Please edit your posts to remove the links, we want to keep this place free from the prowling eyes of the warez police.

Safe links to get started on translated visual novels are
http://www.insani.org
http://www.visualnews.net

You'll see that visual novels are more than just ero.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 02:49   Link #720
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Paletweb is also a good choice. Actually, if you don't mind the slightly less convenient ordering method, they're actually a far better choice than Himeya:
http://www.paletweb.com

==============
For those of you who are interested but still don't know yet, the release of Narcissu side 2nd will probably be delayed until winter comiket (C71).

==============
There's not much left this year that I'm looking forward to, oher than ef -the first tale-. Katahane got delayed until next year too (looks like I'll be keeping the sig for a bit longer)...

Oh yeah, Tomoyo After's consumer edition is going to be out in December as well:
http://prot.co.jp/ps2/tomoyoafter/index.html

I'm sure CLANNAD fans already played the 18+ PC version of Tomoyo After already, but since I'm one of those rare ones who didn't, I think I'll be giving the CS Edition a try.
==============
Not really related to anything, but something random while flipping through this month's Dengeki G's for the Little Buster SS:

*heads over to Little Buster HP* *checks Haruka's profile*
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/newsoft/chara_haruka.htm

three sizes: 81-59-82

......Hinoue Itaru quality?

For those of you who are going "?", just ignore me.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel