AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-19, 21:09   Link #10501
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrueckter View Post
I find "cover the entire country with man eating plants" to be just slightly more terrifying than "blow up the entire country". However, I do agree with her being chuunibyou. Gender bender chuunibyou.
Being blown up ou of existence or being eating alive by vicious near invencible plants? I get what you mean Verru-san, she can make that book and mini series caled Night of the Triphids a horrible reality. Hell, I get what Godou says about his powers along with the ones of his brithers and sisters are like having unlimited cheating codes, you have to thank Pandora that none of the campiones is truly evil, otherwise the world is done for.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 21:34   Link #10502
NotteBoy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
Damn I'd love to see a battle royal between the current 7 campione in holy grail war style.
I would love a Campoine/Nasuverse crossover I feel they have several common things such as an age of gods that has ended and modern magic is weaker compared to the past and the obvious heroic spirit and heretic god comparison especially how both have different versions of Medusa
NotteBoy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 22:09   Link #10503
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteBoy97 View Post
I would love a Campoine/Nasuverse crossover I feel they have several common things such as an age of gods that has ended and modern magic is weaker compared to the past and the obvious heroic spirit and heretic god comparison especially how both have different versions of Medusa
For me I found HS and HG quite different.

That world is precise... where many of the things are define by ranks..where as Campione world is too vague in the concept of ranks. And I like that more.

I found a world where trump cards or super moves does not absolutely win a battle or where power levels are not absolute (Only for Campiones and Gods), refreshing.
By any means I does not mean I don't like Nasuverse, I am hype for the anime after all.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 02:19   Link #10504
Chris38

Well, after seeing the chapter titles for volume 17...

Spoiler for volume 17:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 03:20   Link #10505
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

So , i have the feeling that we won`t get the name of Kote in this volume
Old 2014-09-20, 03:35   Link #10506
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteBoy97 View Post
Nope, that's will never work, leaving aside genderbend,Nasu's story is good, but as far as mythological reference goes, Nasuverse is utter garbage compare to campione who make conjection on existing story, wait, actually it still utter garbage in mythological reference even without comparison, many people have already point out, Gae Bolg real ability is absolutely nothing alike what he portraited, Ea is not a weapon, but a fully-pledge God ( yes, ea is a god ), Merodach is actually mardul who is also a god, not weapon, and have nothing to deal with excalibur, Gilgamesh have absolutely nothing to deal with Enuma elish, which is the verse of creation, and don't make me talk about Holy Grail, let alone comparison, there is also Indra's Vajra, where Gilgamesh didn't even spoke single mantra when using it.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 04:04   Link #10507
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Nope, that's will never work, leaving aside genderbend,Nasu's story is good, but as far as mythological reference goes, Nasuverse is utter garbage compare to campione who make conjection on existing story, wait, actually it still utter garbage in mythological reference even without comparison, many people have already point out, Gae Bolg real ability is absolutely nothing alike what he portraited, Ea is not a weapon, but a fully-pledge God ( yes, ea is a god ), Merodach is actually mardul who is also a god, not weapon, and have nothing to deal with excalibur, Gilgamesh have absolutely nothing to deal with Enuma elish, which is the verse of creation, and don't make me talk about Holy Grail, let alone comparison, there is also Indra's Vajra, where Gilgamesh didn't even spoke single mantra when using it.
Campione has it's fair share of garbage mythological referencing too. The Sarmatian link to King Arthur story was a recent invention that's been dismissed by most if not all historians of repute.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 04:09   Link #10508
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Campione has it's fair share of garbage mythological referencing too. The Sarmatian link to King Arthur story was a recent invention that's been dismissed by most if not all historians of repute.
regarding the Sarmatian, it was never specified whether it truly have any influences on Arthur, 2nd, KOTE is not Arthur, and and Heretic Arthur is fake which was already mentioned. Even so, Sarmatian link still have at least some basis to lead to it, compare to Fate series where the author completely make things up.
Old 2014-09-20, 04:09   Link #10509
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
That is assuming that we take current knowledge of mythology and ancient history for "undeniably correct"
Old 2014-09-20, 04:11   Link #10510
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
regarding the Sarmatian, it was never specified whether it truly have any influences on Arthur, 2nd, KOTE is not Arthur, and and Heretic Arthur is fake which was already mentioned. Even so, Sarmatian link still have at least some basis to lead to it, compare to Fate series where the author completely make things up.
During the fight with Lancelot, Godou talked about how Sarmatians are linked to the Arthurian legend.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 04:20   Link #10511
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
That is assuming that we take current knowledge of mythology and ancient history for "undeniably correct"
Yes, regarding the Enuma elish and Gilgamesh epic, the original story was found on tablets, there is also picture of Ea and Marduk so i can assure you, the author in Fate making things up.
Quote:
During the fight with Lancelot, Godou talked about how Sarmatians are linked to the Arthurian legend.
like i said, at the very least, the theory have some basis, we knew it's wrong to some extent, but at the very least, it still a good hypothesis where i can accept to some extent since KoTE is not Arthur and Arthurian is made up from many legend. At the very least, he is not making stuff up without any basis.
Old 2014-09-20, 13:24   Link #10512
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
can show where legends Arthur and linked Sarmatians?
Sarmatians are linked to myths lancelot \ Amazons,I remember reading this in light novel.
Arthur and Sarmatians I do not remember,I may have forgotten, I will read volume again.
GodSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 14:18   Link #10513
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
many people have already point out, Gae Bolg real ability is absolutely nothing alike what he portraited,
Not quite.

To begin with, Gae Bolg never had any unified ability in the legends. In some stories, it was just a spear, in others it had seven heads and in yet another, the barbs on the spear would erupt inside someone when you stabbed them.

Gae Bolg's better known ability in the Nasuverse, the causality reversal spear, is something that Lancer invented himself. The original ability of Gae Blog matches the legend better.

Quote:
Ea is not a weapon, but a fully-pledge God ( yes, ea is a god )
The sword called Ea is something that existed before time began, so it never had a name. Gilgamesh just called it that.

Quote:
Gilgamesh have absolutely nothing to deal with Enuma elish, which is the verse of creation,
Again, Gilgamesh just called Ea's attack Enuma Elish for fun.

Quote:
there is also Indra's Vajra, where Gilgamesh didn't even spoke single mantra when using it.
Gilgamesh doesn't have Indra's Vajra, he has the weapon that would later become Vajra, so I don't think it's an issue if he doesn't chant any mantra.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:53   Link #10514
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Not quite.

To begin with, Gae Bolg never had any unified ability in the legends. In some stories, it was just a spear, in others it had seven heads and in yet another, the barbs on the spear would erupt inside someone when you stabbed them.

Gae Bolg's better known ability in the Nasuverse, the causality reversal spear, is something that Lancer invented himself. The original ability of Gae Blog matches the legend better.
Nope, while there exist many variation of Gae bolg, the fact is, Gaebolg always have caused damage resulted in multiple barbs.

Quote:
The sword called Ea is something that existed before time began, so it never had a name. Gilgamesh just called it that.

Again, Gilgamesh just called Ea's attack Enuma Elish for fun.
Ea reason is acceptable, but Enuma elish is NG, enuma elish is the myth of creation, which the world is divided by the gods, not some sword, so obviously no such weapon can divided the world exist, and more over, a demi god do not have power to possessed one

Quote:
Gilgamesh doesn't have Indra's Vajra, he has the weapon that would later become Vajra, so I don't think it's an issue if he doesn't chant any mantra.
Fare zero, during fight with Lance lot, and please check what does mantra effect and how astra work in Hinduism before posting, a weapon in Hinduism is a only a normal weapon, when the mantra is involved, the Deity according to the mantra invoke his power to turn the weapon into deadly Astra, now, without Mantra, there is absolutely no way Vajra posseessed any power at all, 2nd the thing about Gilgamesh have original weapon is clearly making up stories, in fact, during his stories, you don't see much notable weapon, and if he possessed the original mold, it equal to disregard the creator of weapon in the future borrow item from him.
Old 2014-09-20, 23:40   Link #10515
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

This is getting off topic, we're here to discuss Campione, not Nasuverse.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 05:24   Link #10516
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

So any thoughts on what the 5th form of JPS's Metamorphosis is suppose to do? Snake charmer is vague and I have no idea on the god of that Authority.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 22:30   Link #10517
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
So any thoughts on what the 5th form of JPS's Metamorphosis is suppose to do? Snake charmer is vague and I have no idea on the god of that Authority.
Thescopalicopa, the ancient god of war, death, underworld and magic of the aztecs, you can expect something really nasty considering all the transformations are killing machines.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 23:51   Link #10518
teejmo

Interestingly enough, the sacrifice needed to activate it is related to sacrifice to Quetzalcoatl, who was one of the few deities to whom strictly animals were sacrificed to, due to Q not really liking human sacrifice according to some legends. His twin, Xolotl, helped guide spirits to the Underworld, Tezcatlipoca's domain. And Quetzalcoatl was a "feathered serpent".
Also, Quetzalcoatl was considered one of the four Tezcatlipoca, as was Tezcatlipoca, which is kind of confusing (Q being the White Tez, and Tez being the Black Tez). These four created the world.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 03:35   Link #10519
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
So , i have the feeling that we won`t get the name of Kote in this volume
I disagree. I suspect that we might just get it at the end of the last chapter, but we will get it. However, I do agree that the KoTE may not be defeated in this volume. Mostly because I'm not seeing a reason for KoTE to be able to go "Full Power" against Godou.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 15:23   Link #10520
Yye1
Wide Right

Any spoilers from the new volume?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem