AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-10-28, 21:27   Link #981
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Nabiki. Can you post those icons in APNG format? I want to tinker with them.

Thanks in advance. :3
Old 2008-10-28, 21:27   Link #982
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Spoiler:
Well, if you're going by the royal family tree... Luke's mother is the sister of the king, which makes Natalia his (older) cousin... and they're officially engaged. This has already been revealed on episode 1, I think. So yes, those nobles are at it again. Then again, Japan has been known to have legal first cousin marriages anyway, so it hardly matters.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 14:17   Link #983
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
forget what I said

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2008-10-29 at 17:12.
Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 16:10   Link #984
uis

Thanks Nabiki Asakura...
Finally I get Ion avatar... *save*

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 17:13   Link #985
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Thanks Nabiki Asakura...
Finally I get Ion avatar... *save*
ohoho, you're welcome XD
I like to make gifs using Ion scenes, it makes me fell so confortable, for some misterious reason...

Old 2008-10-29, 20:16   Link #986
Darkurai

I'm a bit ticked off that they practically shout
Spoiler for The next few episodes (probably up to about 8 or 9):

And if you weren't thinking this, you're lying to yourself and us:

Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 20:28   Link #987
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
At least he tried. When it was for Tear, he didn't even try!
Lmao. I don't know why that comment makes me happy. Maybe it's because I'm a Guy/Natalia fan. ^_^ But yeah, I was surprised when he didn't jump away from her in Episode 1. Then again, I guess Natalia wasn't close enough.

Quote:
Look, since you're a GuyNat fan I'll give you a little gift. I wasn't going to make this gif because it's SUPER heavy, so it can't be used in AS, but you can save as well

Now you have a gif of your favorite couple
I saved it. Thank you so much. I love you. XD (in a platonic sense? )

I hope Tales of the Abyss gets its own subforum soon. I don't know how the rules for that work around here though.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 20:46   Link #988
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Lmao. I don't know why that comment makes me happy. Maybe it's because I'm a Guy/Natalia fan. ^_^ But yeah, I was surprised when he didn't jump away from her in Episode 1. Then again, I guess Natalia wasn't close enough.

I saved it. Thank you so much. I love you. XD (in a platonic sense? )

I hope Tales of the Abyss gets its own subforum soon. I don't know how the rules for that work around here though.
Same here, I was thiking about it today.
But it's rare for me to post in "discurssion about episode/character/general thoughts" in anime threads, I just post in signatures and images topics, so for the first time I'm really talking about an anime in this topic XD

I don't know how it works, maybe there's something in general AS F.A.Q? I'll take a look.

Oh, and I'm happy that you liked the gif, I make all my works with love so it's really good when someone likes it S2

edit: yeah, there's nothing about it in general AS FAQ, I'll wait for a pure hearted member that know about how it works explain me .-.

Dakurai: This is EXACTLY what I was thinking in this scene...and in all other scenes where Van and Luke are =D

I'm so sorry, people who likes Van, but I'll NEVER think about he like a hetero if someone doesn't show me a picture of Van's son/daughter, oh, and I'm not talking about addopted children =]

Old 2008-10-29, 21:12   Link #989
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
edit: yeah, there's nothing about it in general AS FAQ, I'll wait for a pure hearted member that know about how it works explain me .-.
Don't know about the pure hearted part, but here goes the link again.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28131

In short, the mods are the only ones that can decide if a show gets it's own subforum or not. Do not ask or made a request for one. All requests are shot down on the spot and many end up annoying the mods in the process.

So, who knows? maybe this show could still get it's own sub-forum in the coming weeks. At the same time, it may not get one............ever.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2008-10-29 at 21:38.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 15:01   Link #990
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Don't know about the pure hearted part, but here goes the link again.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28131

In short, the mods are the only ones that can decide if a show gets it's own subforum or not. Do not ask or made a request for one. All requests are shot down on the spot and many end up annoying the mods in the process.

So, who knows? maybe this show could still get it's own sub-forum in the coming weeks. At the same time, it may not get one............ever.
I think it'd be smarter for them to make a "Tales of" sub-forum if they end up making one. That way we can discuss all future "Tales of" games, anime and OVA's in one place.

Kannagi got its own sub-forum so I wouldnt be surprised if Tales got its own.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 18:43   Link #991
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Same here, I was thiking about it today.
But it's rare for me to post in "discurssion about episode/character/general thoughts" in anime threads, I just post in signatures and images topics, so for the first time I'm really talking about an anime in this topic XD

I don't know how it works, maybe there's something in general AS F.A.Q? I'll take a look.

Oh, and I'm happy that you liked the gif, I make all my works with love so it's really good when someone likes it S2
This anime can bring up a lot of thought-provoking discussions, especially for those who haven't played the game and ponder about future events. I know a lot of twists are coming in the later episodes so there'll be a lot of things all of us can talk about. And since this is a Tales game, romance will be brought up and I'm hoping for a sub-forum to discuss these things. Hopefully, no flame wars.

Ah don't worry. Your gif is being put to good use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I think it'd be smarter for them to make a "Tales of" sub-forum if they end up making one. That way we can discuss all future "Tales of" games, anime and OVA's in one place.

That's a good idea and I agree with this. Of course, we can't request for a sub-forum but if we get one, your idea works best I think. I am hoping for a sub-forum so then we have a separate thead to post a ton of fanart. And those character threads! ^___^ I can go on and on about Guy any day.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 19:03   Link #992
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Kannagi has it's own sub-forum because there was enough posts per day for one to be created, and i believe this thread isn't anyway close to that.

Shame i know, though that's just how things are.
Old 2008-10-30, 19:33   Link #993
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Kannagi has it's own sub-forum because there was enough posts per day for one to be created
...It's just me or everyone is thinking the same? S2

The problem with Tales of series is that the anime version of all are just ovas or non-impressive animes(please, someone correct me if i'm wrong).

BTW, can someone tell me what day of the week they realease ToA episodes in Japan?

Old 2008-10-30, 20:59   Link #994
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Something more on the episode. Was a bonus for Natalia to hear the conversation with Luke and Van. At least it can help her negotiate herself into the group like she wanted in the first place. Though even if she lets Luke know that she heard the guy would probably complain about her trying to come along .
Old 2008-10-31, 02:22   Link #995
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
HI, i've first watched this anime but uhmmmm.....

I've never played Tales Game before but maybe i can hands-on this first after of my aftermath about IM@S xenoglosser 7 months ago Which made by SUNRISE as well.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 04:54   Link #996
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Kannagi has it's own sub-forum because there was enough posts per day for one to be created, and i believe this thread isn't anyway close to that.

Shame i know, though that's just how things are.
That's what they claim, although when tallied up this one thread exceeds the entire post count of the Kannagi forum so I don't really see how that works. Plus if you were to factor in the obvious requests for character specific boards, games from the series etc. you'd probably have a healthy sub forum I would think. I was one of the people shocked to see Kannagi getting the sub forum instead of Abyss too. Not that I don't think it deserves it, but it just seems like Abyss should have been the obvious pick.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 05:49   Link #997
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:

BTW, can someone tell me what day of the week they realease ToA episodes in Japan?
The latest episode airs on Sunday at 1:55AM on MBS.
Old 2008-10-31, 07:03   Link #998
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That's what they claim, although when tallied up this one thread exceeds the entire post count of the Kannagi forum so I don't really see how that works.
It doesn't depend on post counts, it depends on how many posts that thread has in a day.
Old 2008-10-31, 08:22   Link #999
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
It doesn't depend on post counts, it depends on how many posts that thread has in a day.
In resume: a superpop topic.

So we just need to..spend all the day posting in this topic *=D*

and, thank you, Saleh, for the information S2

Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2008-10-31 at 08:40.
Old 2008-10-31, 15:00   Link #1000
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
This anime can bring up a lot of thought-provoking discussions, especially for those who haven't played the game and ponder about future events. I know a lot of twists are coming in the later episodes so there'll be a lot of things all of us can talk about. And since this is a Tales game, romance will be brought up and I'm hoping for a sub-forum to discuss these things. Hopefully, no flame wars.

Ah don't worry. Your gif is being put to good use.
And also a place to discuss the adaptation from game to anime and how they may change events to fit into a different medium. Plus as you mentioned the coming episodes should spawn alot of thought provoking discussions as Tales of the Abyss does have an interesting plot and a caste of great characters.

Plus I want a thread for the worship of Jade Curtis, the god of TotA. Screw Julia, Jade is the one that deserves a religion in his name.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy