Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-11, 03:08   Link #81
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Bad Boys?

*SHOT*

I hate it when after installing, there's an update to keep me on my toes for a while, I want to play the game now
Carl of Duty: Black Cops? Dunno if anyone posted the pic in this thread, but doesn't seem like it... so:

Spoiler for Saving space, Carl of Duty pic:
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 07:29   Link #82
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I don't see how is that a problem unless you are holding a unauthorised copy of the game.
The update is quite big. Took an entire hour for me on Steam and I have a legit copy.

I am looking for people in SEA region to play zombies with me and a friend tonight. Send me your Steam USN through PM and maybe we can work out a time.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 07:32   Link #83
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The update is quite big. Took an entire hour for me on Steam and I have a legit copy.
Not on mine. I just install and play. Then again, I'm on a 10 megabit connection.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 08:56   Link #84
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Not on mine. I just install and play. Then again, I'm on a 10 megabit connection.
I am running on 3Mbps. Or at least I am told because my ISP does cut corners.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-11-11, 12:05   Link #85
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Certain noticeable anachronisms aside (like ACOG scopes in the 60's, and a fully working H&K G11, a highly experimental weapon that only completed development in the 90's ), Black Ops has hands down one of the best narrative structures of the CoD series, though CoD 4: Modern Warfare still has the best story imho. The twist at the end though...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 12:49   Link #86
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Certain noticeable anachronisms aside (like ACOG scopes in the 60's, and a fully working H&K G11, a highly experimental weapon that only completed development in the 90's ), Black Ops has hands down one of the best narrative structures of the CoD series, though CoD 4: Modern Warfare still has the best story imho. The twist at the end though...
ACOGs have been around since the 1940s, with the first special ones built by Zeiss for the StG44 - though they are mounted using clamps and are more likely to shake themselves off the gun after many rounds of fully-automatic fire. The ones that are weird are the reflex sights, RD-sights and the 30-Rd mag for the M16A1 - the sights are only utilised in the 1980s while the mag used ingame is the old 20-round box mag.

Old 2010-11-11, 13:49   Link #87
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

How about the fact the songs played in the game like "Fortunate Son" and "Sympathy for the Devil" despite the fact these songs came out much later before the game's timeline.
Old 2010-11-11, 13:51   Link #88
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Am I the only one here who loathing this game so far ?

Everything about it just feels tacky and half assed to me especially with what would appear to be a lack of any historical accuracy.

Most of the weapons used in the campaign didn't even exist in the time period the games meant to be set in not to mention a section in set in vietnam that has you manning a tow missile launcher on the back of a JEEP(tm) wrangler which was made even worse by the blatantly ad plug when you first get in it.

All in all what could have been a interesting dive through some lesser explored periods in history just feels like another slog through modern warfare.

This isn't even taking into account some rather broken scripted events and the lack of audio or visual cues at key points that leave you starring a mission failed screen wondering what the hell just happened.

In fairness there are some good points and nice touches here and there but not enough to save black ops from being a real chore to play through.

I have yet to try out the multiplayer but first impressions are less than stellar.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 14:30   Link #89
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, another thing to add to the "inconsistency list" is the fact that they're using Steyr-Mannlicher AUGs in the "WMD" mission despite the fact that they were only introduced in 1977 (the AUG is btw called the StG-77 in the Austrian Army)...

I guess that blasts to the past aren't that easy to manage without scorching the face of History, huh...

P.S. And while we're still on the subject of weaponry, WTH is with this "Death Machine"? A man-portable minigun...hellooooo...?

Last edited by Renegade334; 2010-11-11 at 15:07.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 20:34   Link #90
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Am I the only one here who loathing this game so far ?
I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand Black Ops, is a good game but if i openly admit i like it, i would be supporting Bobby "Jerkass to Gamers and Destroyer of Infinity Ward" Kotick.
Old 2010-11-11, 21:00   Link #91
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know, you can openly like a game without giving a s*** about the top dog of the operation. Treyarch is the one that actually developed the game you know

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-11-11, 22:11   Link #92
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
You know, you can openly like a game without giving a s*** about the top dog of the operation. Treyarch is the one that actually developed the game you know
I give credit to Treyarch for coming up with some nice ideas here, they have improved on the franchise but the game itself is poorly made, lots of bugs to list and problems with MP are quite annoying.

The big problems are like menus lagging or freezing on me, it should never be that bad for a game made these days.
Poorly constructed menus is something I hate, especially if you spend some time on them.

Overall not bad, I'm mostly in it for the MP but SP is ok.
I like the zombie games, they are good fun
Old 2010-11-12, 00:01   Link #93
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Carl of Duty: Black Cops? Dunno if anyone posted the pic in this thread, but doesn't seem like it... so:

Spoiler for Saving space, Carl of Duty pic:
lol thats where i got it from
Old 2010-11-12, 00:47   Link #94
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Holy hell... this might just be the most system demanding game I have ever seen for PC. The minimum system requirements for this game in low settings are:

Intel Core2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750.

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT or ATI Radeon X1950Pro

2gigs of ram

This is the first game I can't play on my computer since my processor is an AMD X2 64 5200. I can run any other game on max settings... but this game is just way too much! =(

The requirements don't make sense, it is just a DX9 game with a few graphical improvements over MW2, but when I play the game it lags every 4 seconds. How comes I can play Dirt 2, the Witcher, Crysis and MW2 on max settings?
I think the game is badly codec.

Edit: Ok I found an article that explains it all. I should get fixed soon: Surprise! Game-Breaking Problems Mar PC Launch Of Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2010-11-12 at 02:27.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 08:40   Link #95
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It's strange... the MP for Black Ops is just as fast-paced and as frantic as MW2's, and yet I feel it's less "rabidly chaotic" so to speak, where you're all not just crazed runners knifing each other around and you really do need to use your guns.

Old 2010-11-12, 08:54   Link #96
killer3000ad

Quote:
It's strange... the MP for Black Ops is just as fast-paced and as frantic as MW2's, and yet I feel it's less "rabidly chaotic" so to speak, where you're all not just crazed runners knifing each other around and you really do need to use your guns.
Well they did take out a tonne of perks from MW2. Things like Juggernoob and Martyrdumb to name a few.
Old 2010-11-12, 10:01   Link #97
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
P.S. And while we're still on the subject of weaponry, WTH is with this "Death Machine"? A man-portable minigun...hellooooo...?
Well the Spetznaz run around with PKMs instead of RPKs for suppressive fire, so I think you know that their soldiers don't bother about weight - they just want firepower.

Those Russians are crazy!

Old 2010-11-12, 10:31   Link #98
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm just curious but did the North Vietnamese really ever use French weaponry? Did they have those firefly buckshots in the late 60's? Was that a camera-guided TOW? Those Vietnamese tanks don't really look like Type-59's etc etc etc.

Single player is still a blast though.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 13:13   Link #99
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post

Only fit for a sexual tyrannosaurus.

=D

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 15:27   Link #100
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I have to admit I don't like Call of Duty that much, but this is just plain awesome:
Spoiler for no offense:

Tags
cod, fps