AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 8 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 18.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 45.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 15.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-09, 04:26   Link #41
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Not gonna lie, I'm totally here for Kumin.
This episode felt average though, either that or I'm getting old fast. Still, I'll give this season a couple more episodes before deciding whether or not to watch it all the way.
Old 2014-01-09, 06:27   Link #42
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
man this show was one of the best for me, not failed to get me deep inside in romance and comedy in the first season, and looks like will do the same in the second and based on op and ed looks like the "new girl" will be not to much focused or will be just a way to "develop" the relationship between yuuta and rikka throught the famous "jealous" path for rikka but without a true drama love triangle(she will be just for fun not really a danger, maybe i'm wrong but judging for her little to almost none space in the ed or op) i'm really looking for it, i really want see yuuta friend keep trying to win over kumin, i want see our 3 main couples.

Spoiler for first season ova content:
I get the feeling they'll include her (Yuuta's wizard friend) in the OP & ED when they either introduce her or when she plays a major role.

By the way, the OP and ED doesn't hold a candle compared to the original OP & ED. I'm gonna go back and listen to them. I might eventually like or get used to the new OP/ED but based on current impressions, it's unlikely.

Spoiler for hints and foreshadow:

My favourite scene was the moment before the fight with the priestess where everyone was just exacerbating the situation lol. Overall 8/10 for giving some enjoyable entertainment and a good hearty laugh.

Last edited by kniteowl; 2014-01-09 at 16:37.
Old 2014-01-09, 06:57   Link #43
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
I get the feeling they'll include her (Yuuta's wizard friend) in the OP & ED when they either introduce her or when she plays a major role.

By the way, the OP and ED dont hold a candle compared to the original OP & ED. I'm gonna go back and listen to them. I might eventually like PR get used to the new OP/ED but based on current impressions, it's unlikely.

Spoiler for hints and foreshadow:

My favourite scene was the moment before the fight with the priestess where everyone was just exacerbate the situation lol. Overall 8/10 for giving some enyabke entertainment and a good hearty laugh.
Isn't she already in the OP? EDIT: Ah, I see you're just repplying to ellessarr.
Spoiler for Speculation based on LN vol. 2 storyline.:

Last edited by teja208; 2014-01-09 at 07:21.
Old 2014-01-09, 07:07   Link #44
rulfo

Oh Rikka.. That's a love hotel!

Nice re-introduction. Deko is pretty lewd.

Also Chitanda appearing for the 2nd time this season!

Old 2014-01-09, 07:09   Link #45
Tenzen12

I wasn't particulary into first season, so seing all these old gags didn't do job for me. And Tohka going away is also major loss.

I will keep watching and hope new characters will be interesting.
Old 2014-01-09, 08:33   Link #46
Peanutbutter

So glad to know Mori Summer is on her Konnibyou.

OP and ED was rather meh...guess ZAQ is getting stale already.
Old 2014-01-09, 08:35   Link #47
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Isn't she already in the OP? EDIT: Ah, I see you're just repplying to ellessarr.
Spoiler for Speculation based on LN vol. 2 storyline.:
Spoiler for 2nd Volume based speculations:

I don't think it's that much of an unbelievable coincidence to be called contrived. At least, it's less unbelievable, than Dark Flame Master inspiring Rikka, or Dekomori being Nibutani's online Chuuni Student, before Nibutani renounced and denounced her Mori Summer identity.

Spoiler for If your suspicions and theories are correct:

Of course, the anime is essentially anime original at this stage, with some elements of the LN thrown in.

On another topic, Nibutani and Dekomori would make an excellent cast in a Student Council anime, where Dekomori is the eccentric Ojou Sama president, while Nibutani is her vitriolic best bud Vice President who gets things done and acts as the voice of sanity and reason.
Old 2014-01-09, 08:41   Link #48
MartianMage

At first I thought I was just tripping but after comparing the screenshots of this episode to the screenshots of the S1 episodes I can see that KyoAni is really using a different color palette this time around.

It's not bad but IMO it's sort of a downgrade from the previous palette.

edit: upon checking various blogs I've noticed disparities with the screenshots(some blogs matches the one I've watched some blogs have glossier shots) so this is probably a problem with differing sources.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2014-01-09 at 14:28.
Old 2014-01-09, 11:54   Link #49
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I love this series so much, had a blast with this first episode. Can't wait for more.
Old 2014-01-09, 12:13   Link #50
larethian

Satisfying start to 2nd season. Worth a 10.
Old 2014-01-09, 12:47   Link #51
inisipis

A rather enjoyable 1st episode. Nice to see the characters slowly settle in for a new school year.

Looks like Nibutani is in her Marimite phase much like Konata of Luck star in one episode. She's still trying to hide her true character underneath that prim and proper facade.(She's a real crack shot with her rubber-band sling-shot though)

Looking forward on the new character.
Old 2014-01-09, 14:21   Link #52
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

This episode was too much. I hope that this isn't the last we see the almighty priestess Touka.

dess
Old 2014-01-09, 14:25   Link #53
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is it possible that some material in between is missing?
It kinda feels that way. (For example nibutani suddenly being in another club)

I was pretty surprised at nibutani btw, wouldn't have guessed that was her if she hadn't said so...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-01-09, 14:28   Link #54
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Dark Flame Master: Machine Gun!

Alsois it my imaginator or was Touka playing along?
Old 2014-01-09, 15:13   Link #55
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post

Alsois it my imaginator or was Touka playing along?
Dark Flame Master put up the best fight, he actually made her move although he was no match once she actually used one of her special skills .

Touka always seemed to give me a sense that she was playing along even if she didn't approve in the first season, now that she isn't really worried about her Sister's delusions she can play along and have some fun while doing it. Also I got to say, the way she says Arrostire (I know i spelled that wrong) really sounds as if she was a final boss using a special skill .
Old 2014-01-09, 15:27   Link #56
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Is it possible that some material in between is missing?
Well, there's the movie.
Old 2014-01-09, 18:42   Link #57
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

I'm not this show's biggest fan, but I'm not it's biggest detractor either. The first episode of the second season had some pretty major problems, sure, but it did get me to agree to keep watching. As a whole, I an't think of a single thing that made me appreciate Chuu2 more then Kyoukai no Kanta. Now that I've seen what a stinker they made their first action series, I think I'm alright sticking with the comedy of Chuu2. Though I suppose I wouldn't well up into tears if they decided to do an idol segment. Play to your strengths I suppose.
Old 2014-01-09, 20:54   Link #58
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well give saw the ep yea new school year give some changes came in such as

1.yuta family move out with same for rika family so yuta & rika live same house.

2.new school year give hair change & dekomori as class rep everything still same.

3.give trying find place for rika & yet hid it cue toka indeed not even 5 on 1 cue yuta & rika got cooked & busted.

4.so give concern of having yuta & rika living same house area yet "hmm" well give til yuuta sister came back in cause she staying in with yuuta & rika still stay in same house.

yea sorta refresh rep give 1ep in so far.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2014-01-09, 22:43   Link #59
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
WRONG! It's Ma Shin Gan!
Old 2014-01-09, 22:46   Link #60
Dr. Casey

Welcome back, best Kyoto Animation series ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I was willing to give this second season a try, solely based on the confession scene of the first season, which I felt was it's biggest (if not only) redeeming feature.

But just three minutes into the episode and I knew this ride was not for me. Not only is the setup just too convenient of a plot device, Yuuta is still the abusive jerk to Rikka that he was in the first season. There were a few (very few) great moments in the first season, but watching Yuuta be abusive to his live-in girlfriend for another season is not something I wish to do.

So, at 3:16 into the episode, I turned it off, and will not be back.
Well that stinks... I've heard of people dropping series after the first episode, but this might be the first time I've heard of someone dropping a show 1/7 of the way through the first episode. <_<

At least you stuck around long enough for Rikka's "Dark side up" quote. I love you, Rikka.

The opening and ending themes I think are more or less just as good as the originals; I could give a slight edge in either direction depending upon my mood. I agree that the opening's visuals don't always match up with the music (unlike the original opening, which was pretty much perfectly choreographed), but they're not mismatched enough to be jarring to me, and I love both elements independently - the song in particular I really enjoy whenever it perks up towards the end during Rikka's fight against Sophia. I don't care much for the first half of the ending theme (though the visuals are nicely retro, they remind me somehow of an ending song from Ranma 1/2), but the second half is very nice. The first ending theme was more angry and 'let's rage against the machine,' whereas Ren's ending theme is more haunting and sad and resigned.

Sophia's absence from the episode was nice. It somehow feels fresher and more unique to have her debut be in the second episode, rather than the beginning (or ending) of the first. Though with that said, I'm looking forward to her involvement a lot. I've always had the feeling that she'll be a special character, she has an odd amount of charisma about her.

And Touka looks good in that pink shirt of hers.
Closed Thread