AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-16, 15:30   Link #181
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Now when you say "special"...
for the lack of words.. but I mean it in a good sense XD
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 18:13   Link #182
ergoproxy
Ergo Proxy

i hate the style that they made.... isnt the same as on CN...nd its very ugly!
ergoproxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 01:32   Link #183
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
Now when you say "special"...
Actually I think that both senses of the word apply to Bubbles. She is a very special girl.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 02:05   Link #184
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

I guess I concurr with the other Momoko/Blossom fans - she's also my top favorite. If Kaoru/Buttercup held her temper a little, or showed a bit of a softer side once in a while, she might charm me like Da Capo's Mako Mizukoshi did.

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-07-17 at 03:05.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 07:27   Link #185
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

hehe ... what a rackus i made there ...

i just love each and every one of the girls in diffent ways ... and no ... i don't think that Blossom is unrealistic (in lack of better words) with her boy craziness ... one of my friends back in junior high (or rather ... in what is the same as Junior High) was just the same way ... slightly worse even :s
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 08:38   Link #186
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually I think that both senses of the word apply to Bubbles. She is a very special girl.
In the original series, Bubbles was dumb as whale-shit. Yet, Miyako seems to be a bit brighter than her American counterpart.
Old 2006-07-17, 14:04   Link #187
Access

From what I remember of the orignal serie, Blossom was the smart one who came up with all the ideas, and the de-facto leader, Buttercup had a 'tough girl' attitude and bubbles had poor self-esteem, was frequently daydreaming and often had trouble in school. But Bubbles wasn't a negative characterization, at least not with fans, when my daughter and her friends went as PPGs for halloween, it was the character of Buttercup that no girl would be so they ended up 'prettying up' and dragging along some hapless boy for the character of Buttercup. Bubbles as a character gave the show appeal to fans did not consider themselves 'smart' (Blossom) or 'tough' (Buttercup).

And for a japanese lookalike, I think a while back ADV released something called 'grrl power' which reminded me more like the serie than the superficially related PPGZ (esp. when the english dubbing was added)
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 08:22   Link #188
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access
it was the character of Buttercup that no girl would be so they ended up 'prettying up' and dragging along some hapless boy for the character of Buttercup.
Bwahahahaa, that's funny. Poor kid!

I think the crucial element of Bubble's personality you're missing is that she was the cute one. They were all cute, sure, but she was the one who acted like a sweet little girl.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 13:31   Link #189
LiLMewmew

After watching episode 3, *figures* ... the girls does have parents.
Where does Mojo get his weaponary?
Btw, the ice berg at the start of the show (episode 1), I wonder is there anything about that?
LiLMewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 16:15   Link #190
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLMewmew
After watching episode 3, *figures* ... the girls does have parents.
Where does Mojo get his weaponary?
Btw, the ice berg at the start of the show (episode 1), I wonder is there anything about that?
The iceberg is probably a McGuffin...
Old 2006-07-18, 23:17   Link #191
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Look I know the series is 52 episodes. I also realize only 3 episodes have aired so far. However I'm still going to say this anyway. Mojo is NOT the only villain in existence. Focus on someone else already!! I'm sorry, he's been the villain in the first three episodes and he's apparently the villain for the fourth. They need to take a break from Mojo already.
Old 2006-07-18, 23:19   Link #192
LiLMewmew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev
Look I know the series is 52 episodes. I also realize only 3 episodes have aired so far. However I'm still going to say this anyway. Mojo is NOT the only villain in existence. Focus on someone else already!! I'm sorry, he's been the villain in the first three episodes and he's apparently the villain for the fourth. They need to take a break from Mojo already.
Well, in the first episode, I remember Blossom saying, "Whose the opponent today? ... Mojo!"
Notes: "Whose the opponent today?"

Maybe there was some other opponents before that particular part of episode 1.
LiLMewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 01:50   Link #193
Starks
*Scanlator

Episode 4 screencaps.

Spoiler:

BTW, raw out.
Old 2006-07-22, 01:56   Link #194
krazimonkey

even though im not a big fan of the american PPG, i enjoy watching the anime version...
krazimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 21:21   Link #195
Candlelight
Shining Star

It's been a while since I was on these fourms (I think my account was one that was erased by the forum hacking) but I just like to voice my opinon if that is okay.

At first I was highly skeptical of this version of PPG and like most of you, when I saw the first episode was kind of turned off. They changed the whole emotion of Classic PpG to a little girls' maho-shoujo series. But I don't like to judge anything by first impressions so I decided, like alot of you, to give it a second chance. Though the second episode was a continuation of the first (and so is the third) I started to put aside my biases connected to Classic PpG and saw it for what it truly is: And alternate telling of the Powerpuff Girls. This is, in my eyes, no different than DC and Marvel retconning their universes every 10 years to appeal to the new generation. Or the alternate stories of the Tenchi Muyo franchise.

I hope it wasn't off topic but in case it was I can't really say which PPGZ girl I like the best. To me its too soon to tell; their characters haven't been fully developed yet. But right now I'm preset to Bubbles/Miyako because I loved her incarnation in Classic PpG so much (she's just sooooo CUTE!!). But that might change in the future.
And the ending song is so catchy I can't get it out of my head! ^^

Last edited by Candlelight; 2006-07-22 at 21:35. Reason: subscripion
Candlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 02:09   Link #196
Starks
*Scanlator

This series is gonna be hot once they unleash the Rowdyruff Boys.
Old 2006-07-23, 18:17   Link #197
TwilightNight

You mean, the Rowdyruff Boys Z . As I said, considering how popular they seemed to be, it will probably bring ratings, though I don't know how much are the ratings exactly now. Unfortunately, I think we won't be getting the RRBZ until in the mid 10s or something, judging by the titles. Of course, personally by going through other forums, I think they're the most highly anticipated villains so far. I just want to know how are they going to go with them really. I didn't like that in the original PPG, they made them stupid, though it was surprisingly charming. They would have been as hell more formidable opponents if they had smarts though.

Ep. 3 I felt like I was watching the original PPG, with the noises, crashes, ect. Ep. 4 was more toned down and less action, but it will probably get better once I see the sub. It seems I was a bit wrong on Momoko taking the focus (it was nice how Miyako took the middle spot in that attack they did), and the 3 get equal screentime. I guess is only in the OP and ED. I sigh relieved at that.
TwilightNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 22:11   Link #198
RollingBubbles

OK I may be in the 100% minority here and I'm certainly not going to get in a debating match with people who want to spend the rest of their lives popping up on this board to tell anyone and everyone how much they think this series sucks until EVERYONE agrees with them, but.. I loved this series from the first episode (as if the SN didn't give you any hints).

Let me go into some detail about it. I was a pretty big fan of PowerPuff Girls, originally. When it first came out, I wasn't really big into it, but as time passed and I watched more eppies, I loved it. Bubbles quickly became my favourite PPG and the series was just solid stuff.

So yeah, I was a fan of the original and when I heard about PPGZ, a Mahou Shoujo version of the PPG, I was excited. I love Mahou Shoujo anime (I've seen lots of it including PreCure which is mentioned above a couple times as having similar art to PPGZ and umm... I don't see it, then again.. I've only seen all of PreCure, some eppies of Max Heart, and Splash Star). Anyhow, I watched the first eppie, which I enjoyed, but I felt it could have been better. The whole 2 mini-episodes (like PPG) didn't work for the first eppie since it came across as a little.. peice-meal. But then the 2nd eppie came out, watched it.. and I absolutely loved it. The first eppie was good, but the 2nd was sooooooo much better. The characters are getting more fleshed out and Bubbles just comes across great. I just can't wait to see more especially since they fixed one of my complaints with the original series, Mojo Jojo. He's actually a force to be reckoned with.

Oh yeah and how could you NOT see any humor in the series? Mojo jojo stealing an autograph book then asking the PPGs to sign it? Come on. Or Bubbles wondering about the "super cool" outfit she put on. There were some cute moments. Oh yeah and Bubbles with the.. well.. bubbles.

Anybody know if there is going to be a line of toys? I'm dying for a Rolling Bubbles doll (Yes I know her name is just Bubbles, but I'm being specific here for a reason). It'd be so cool especially if it talks! *_* Yeah, I'm a little crazy, so what? I'm not spending my time on a board ranting and raving about a series I hate.
RollingBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 18:02   Link #199
Candlelight
Shining Star

I don't know what it is about the ending theme, but I can't get enough of it! It gives me the same nostalgic feeling I got when I watched the PPG movie with my then boyfriend/now husband.

It just fits the series and the franchise so perfectly (It must be that last instramental part; it sounds familiar yet not. Maybe similar chords from original ending theme). I'll be sad when they change the ending theme after a several episodes. Hope the next theme is just as "form fitting" so to speak.

Edit: This must be what a revival feels like
Candlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 09:03   Link #200
SetaNoriyasu
Harbinger

Am I the only one that watches PPG-z JUST because of peach? She just oozes adorability, I DEMAND THAT SHE GETS MOAR SCREEN TYME!