all right, just for all who wants a summary of episode 6

Episode summary + screenshots for episode 6

Enjoy desuyo~
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 13:43   Link #82
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

File #1. Filled with Evil Spirits!? - 02

After watched episode two, my opinions about Ghost Hunt have radically shifted.

I pleasantly enjoy the heated debate when all parties contribute their different opinions and theories about if there's really an invading entity or not at work in the old school.

The second episode made my heart racing and pull out a variety of stunning sound effect.

The suspense and murk effect becomes more effective when the assumed spirit is not made visible to the human eye once the haunting starts. It is left to the viewers' imagination what causes the fear.

A fear to the unknown and the unseen, which pulls out a psychological effect onto the characters.

I was thinking that maybe Kuroda is at cause of drawing the spirits into the building. She's highly depicted suspicious, and her persistence might hint that she's under self-suggestion convinced that what she sees are truly spirits.

Even with Naru's logic and grounded bases to explain the sounds that signal the building's structure is sinking- how come can be explained the chair moved only to a certain specific spot when if the building's sinking to one side, should had leaned all the way to the wall? or the doors sliding side to side by themselves?

What makes to me the suspense working well is because the horror elements are mostly psychological and environmental.
1) It makes me both doubt and in expectation whether its a coincidence, a natural cause, or a supernatural entity behind all the accidents and phenomena.
2) As I said, if there are ghosts, they are not made visible to the audience.
3) You get a more uneasy and restless, because of the dimly lit building and the long, narrow corridors shaded in darkness; evoking an atmosphere similar to claustrophobia.
4) The sound effects from the knocking walls, footsteps, squeaky floors and ceiling, make the whole experience foreboding.

Mai started as a of-the-way character in the first episode, but she's now warming to the Ghost Hunt, though mainly because she's upset to find Shibuya likeable and feel sorry for him when the pervading force inconveniently smashed his theories upon the eyes of the others.

Last edited by Guido; 2007-03-19 at 16:07.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 20:33   Link #83
LKK

Any thoughts or comments on episode 7 and the start of the new story arc?
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 21:16   Link #84
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Spoiler for on ep 7:
Old 2006-11-18, 11:39   Link #85
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
Hahahaha, i am still debating over whether I should do a summary + thoughts about it.
If it makes a difference in your decision, I have enjoyed reading your Ghost Hunt blogs & would love to continue reading them.

Quote:
Spoiler for on ep 7:
Spoiler for on ep 7:

Quote:
Spoiler for on ep 7:
Naru is a young man of many mysteries. (I don't think that statement qualifies as a spoiler. )
Old 2006-11-18, 11:55   Link #86
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ahhh so there's a new arc? I'm glad it keeps getting interesting. Naru is mysterious? Hmm, I guess... For me he's more like an extremely calm, cool and collected person. I can't say more since I've only seen two episodes, hehe.
Old 2006-11-18, 12:39   Link #87
LKK

Well, using just the first two episodes, here are some mysteries that come to my mind regarding Naru.
  • Why isn't this 17-year-old boy in school? (Remember Mai's thoughts in the first episode? The girls asked Naru what year he was in. He answered "I'm 17". Mai thought "wouldn't someone normally say he was a second year to that question.")
  • How did a 17-year-old get to be the head of a pyschic research organization?
  • How does he afford all that expensive equipment?
  • Where and when did he learn all that pyschic knowledge? (It's not something taught in most schools.)
There are lots of other questions about Naru, but they qualify as spoilers beyond the first two episodes.
Old 2006-11-18, 12:50   Link #88
Lilith
Your average fangirl

True true. It's unsual especially since he doesn't seem to have any psycic power whatsoever (so far, anyway...). I still remember how he overreacted when Mai called him... something (so much for remembering ). It must be related to that someone who used to call him the same thing Mai did! :O
Old 2006-11-18, 12:58   Link #89
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Spoiler for on ep 7:
Spoiler for ep 7:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 14:23   Link #90
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
I still remember how he overreacted when Mai called him... something (so much for remembering ). It must be related to that someone who used to call him the same thing Mai did! :O
It was when Mai called him Naru-chan aloud for the first time. He was stunned. "Where did you hear that name?" is more or less what he asked. So yeah, someone else somewhere else has called him that before. Who? And when? Another set of mysteries surrounding Naru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Spoiler for ep 7:
Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2006-11-18, 17:26   Link #91
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 7:
Ah so that's what she said. I did think it was something about given names. Oh my poor pathetic Japanese. Anyway was a cute scene.

Incidently does the manga consist of more than 4 arcs? Enough for a second series maybe? I'm wondering if the last arc concerns itself with Naru's back-story. I keep thinking he's got so many secrets (as you pointed out) he can have a whole arc dedicated to himself. Now if only Ghost Hunt can get a second series...
Old 2006-11-18, 21:30   Link #92
LKK

Quote:
Incidently does the manga consist of more than 4 arcs? Enough for a second series maybe? I'm wondering if the last arc concerns itself with Naru's back-story. I keep thinking he's got so many secrets (as you pointed out) he can have a whole arc dedicated to himself. Now if only Ghost Hunt can get a second series...
The manga has at least 10 volumes (volume 10 should be coming out in Japan fairly soon). Five volumes covering 4 major story arcs have been released in the US so far. (There are a couple of small side stories in addition to the 4 arcs in those 5 volumes.) So, yeah, there are more than 4 arcs. How many I don't know for sure. I've had trouble finding definitive spoilers beyond volume 5. (US Volume 6 is scheduled for a late December release.) I expect the anime to go beyond the current US manga since the anime is scheduled for 26 episodes, I believe. How much of Naru's backstory is detailed out in the later manga volumes, I don't know. What I do know about Naru is that he's got many secrets, as you said. I expect to learn more about Naru in the anime. I sure hope we do, at any rate!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I think the series has 26 episodes. It may only be 13 episodes. Does anyone know how many episodes are scheduled?

Last edited by LKK; 2006-11-18 at 21:33. Reason: Added question about number of episodes
Old 2006-11-19, 01:04   Link #93
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

ookkkkkkk for all who needed desuyo~

Episode 7 summary + screenshots

To be honest, there are some things that i am still rather unsure of even after watching the episode again ;o; However, the main points are covered @_@
Old 2006-11-19, 05:37   Link #94
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I think the series has 26 episodes. It may only be 13 episodes. Does anyone know how many episodes are scheduled?
You were right it is 26 episodes. I thought it was 13 for some reason. J.C Staff's website lists the episode count. I'm happy now
Old 2006-11-19, 11:06   Link #95
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
You were right it is 26 episodes. I thought it was 13 for some reason. J.C Staff's website lists the episode count. I'm happy now
hahaha, i think there will be quite a few good things to cover then. I hope they dont turn out stale in the end

*prays*
Old 2006-11-19, 11:41   Link #96
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
hahaha, i think there will be quite a few good things to cover then. I hope they dont turn out stale in the end

*prays*
Plenty of time for Mai to develop a strategy against Masako As you said on your blog, Masako's definately using her acting skills in ep 7. The hussy...

EDIT: J.C. Staff shows are hit and miss unfortunately. They've got good material here though and a solid set of likeable characters to develop. It's surprising how little we know even about Mai (her home life for example), I guess that will come out in time.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-19 at 11:56.
Old 2006-11-19, 13:22   Link #97
LKK

Quote:
ookkkkkkk for all who needed desuyo~

Episode 7 summary + screenshots

To be honest, there are some things that i am still rather unsure of even after watching the episode again ;o; However, the main points are covered @_@
A fascinating read. Thank you for blogging. It's fun to see the episode through the eyes of someone who doesn't know the ending yet. It's also good to read the thoughts of someone who can understand the dialogue. I have to rely on my manga knowledge to understand what's going on.

Quote:
Oh good! With 26 episodes, they'll definitely have to go beyond the 5 US manga for stories because the story arc after this one can't possibly fill 17 episodes. There are two small side stories in the US manga that they could also use. One of those side stories is truly a filler story. But the other story has good character development in it. I can't imagine either of those stories lasting more than 2 episodes each and more likely would fit into 1 each. So there's no way just the 5 US mangas will be sufficient for a full 26 episode season.

I'll enjoy going beyond the current US release because I really want to learn more about the characters. But once we move beyond the US manga, I won't be able to understand the raws at all, I suspect.
Old 2006-11-19, 15:28   Link #98
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Hopefully the script writer is working closely with Shiho Inada to get the unpublished storylines. The sixth volume is due December 31st so those storylines must already been available. Two more volumes are due in 2007, so they may have those also. That would give them just enough material for the 26 episodes, unless they chose to go non-manga from here on in...
Old 2006-11-19, 17:46   Link #99
LKK

I must have not been as clear in my earlier post as I had meant to be. In Japan, there are already 9 volumes published with a tenth one due early next year. There's enough published material that they wouldn't have to ask the mangaka for unannounced storylines.

On top of that, the manga is based on a novel series. Although the novel series is out of print, the animators could also use that as a reference if they wanted to go beyond the current manga.
Old 2006-11-19, 21:55   Link #100
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
A fascinating read. Thank you for blogging. It's fun to see the episode through the eyes of someone who doesn't know the ending yet. It's also good to read the thoughts of someone who can understand the dialogue. I have to rely on my manga knowledge to understand what's going on.
...cheater for being a manga reader

>_>

<_<

Well, in any case, i am just about the worst guesser when it comes to guessing plots. I always get it wrong (grumble: Red garden already slapped me thrice for wrong guesses) but I generally do not read too much manga ~_~;;; It is just not in my habit.

That said, i am supporting Masako simply because she is really a hussy that is out to ensnare Shibuya's heart. I just like to support her so that Mai will get all jealous and put out strange faces =/

Tags
drama, supernatural