AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 26
10: Amazing... 17 41.46%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 12 29.27%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 8 19.51%
7 out of 10: Good... 1 2.44%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 2.44%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 2.44%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-09, 06:41   Link #61
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
What are you talking about, Vena? His "super powers" were that he was magically unreadable by Desil for the sake of plot convenience. It had nothing to do with skill.
You have never had an experience where you do thing better when you are not thinking?
Old 2012-04-09, 06:53   Link #62
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Take Earth back?

That doesn't make any sense.

They made the decision to leave the sphere to colonise Mars. Granted they have a right to be mad at the Federation for abandoning them but they never owned Earth in the first place. Regardless it doesn't excuse them for attacking random colonies at will either.

So far the Federation's been defensive and HAS been talking with the Vagans. Even Flint's subordinate mentioned this so the Federation had been trying to resolve things diplomatically. We also know that it's practical for the Vagans to integrate easily with society as well. It's not like Mars turned their bodies into mutants or something.

However, we now know that there's possibly a third faction which maybe driving the Vagans due to Grodeck's death which I believe will be expanded upon with Kio.

I think it's high time we drop a colony on Mars. Earth has had it's fair share of colony drops so Mars should start getting some as well.
The Earth Federation government convinced a ton of people to move to a very dangerous planet in order to terraform it. They promised them it was going to be fine and they had it all figured out. They were going to be safe and they'd get regular supplies from Earth. It was going to be cake and 100 percent safe.

BUT...

The government screwed them over and cut them off before the colony could be stabilized.

They government claimed they all died and basically banished them to die.

Martians had to stabilize their colony on their own and life sucked. They got through it but a ton of people died. But during all of this necessity became the mother of invention and their technology started to kick ass. They were really pissed off and decided to go back to Earth with all the new gadgets they invented to survive Mars.

As for super pilot... anti-newtype. He can't read other pilots or magically foretell their movements but no one can read his. His power is forcing x-rounders to rely on their pure skills. It's already established Asemu is a naturally gifted mecha pilot.

Whoa... Woolf bit it. I knew someone was going to bite it...when Remi accepted the marriage proposal.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 07:03   Link #63
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You have never had an experience where you do thing better when you are not thinking?
Like this?:

Spoiler for instinct:

"Pros don't think. They feel."
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 07:11   Link #64
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't really get that Photon Ring thingy... It accelerates electrons to give them kinetic energy (and yes, I'm aware that this phrasing is completely redundant) and then... what?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 08:02   Link #65
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

NOOOO WOOLFY AND DECIL! T_T

Asemu was boss in this episode though

10/10

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 08:06   Link #66
grss1982

Spoiler for X-Rounders Fear Him:
Old 2012-04-09, 08:25   Link #67
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
That what I call twisted thinking......
It's ok for Vegan to kill Flit(human) whole family even though they done nothing wrong against them.
But it's wrong for human to fight back even if it to protect their own life and family from death/slavery...

And you are contradiction your own self....
EFA the one who abandoned them in Mars not the woman and children in civilian colonies....
Oh wait they are human not Vegan so it's ok to slaughter them....
Well, I never said people on Earth cannot fight back. What I'm saying is that amidst the war somebody should realise that the enemy's too monolithic to not be led by the noose by some figure of theirs. And I also expect a war to remain a war; because what I understand from your previous points is that to defend themselves they could stomp and massarce all the Vagans. Even though the distinction is blur, I feel it's only just that an attempt to defend oneself should not deviate into indiscriminate murder.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 08:31   Link #68
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
Super Pilot>X-Rounder
Amen to that brother!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Spoiler for :
LOL....Flit pwning like a BOSS with the Diva.
Old 2012-04-09, 09:07   Link #69
casval cehack

Whoa, Millias did cry when Woolf went to the place where Yurin is. Did Woolf took the flag Remi set for Obright this episode? Hope Obright beat the odds against him in this almost Zeta like battlefield.
Old 2012-04-09, 09:08   Link #70
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Someone has quite good insight about how Asemu kicking Desil's ass in this ep, and could put in better words than me, so I guess I should borrow his post for what I want to say.

Quote:
I think it's hilarious people in places are skeptical of the "power boost" Asemu got, like it's too much of a jump in skills.

It's been established that Asemu was piloting worker suits for years before he even climbed into the AGE-1 cockpit that he then proceeded to kick Dorado ass in. It was also established on the colony that Asemu has always been gunning to be as good as his father, and that the reason he's so fucked up is A. his best friend betrayed him, B. his other female friend likes his best friend more in his eyes and C. he's found he can never be an X-Rounder and never be like his father, who he's even clashing with now.

Put these things together and you get a guy with shaky motivations and shitty self-esteem. But Woolf put up with that and stuck with him, and by the end he really encouraged the kid to believe in himself.

But when Woolf died, all that complex emotion and anxieties fade away, and are replaced by one thing: complete and total grief and rage at an enemy right in front of him (seriously look at him). Asemu had the Double Bullet, he had the knowledge that X-Rounders could be killed, and he had a thirst for revenge and the instinct to kill. Decil has been shown to be easily distracted and fucked with, he's only ever cared about Flit and let himself get whittled down by the Diva previously because of it. Decil wasn't taking this shit seriously until it was too late, just like back at Ambat when he realized all too late that Flit was going to rape his ass.

So no, I don't think the leap is unfeasible at all.
Old 2012-04-09, 09:10   Link #71
Scorpiopt

whats the name of the song wen asemu is taking revenge on desil?
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:37   Link #72
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Why did they have to kill my favorite character. Nice finally seeing Desil get taken out. Interesting that he could control other ms though. Obright might be the next one to go too bad if he does since he finally got the answer he was waiting for.
Old 2012-04-09, 14:00   Link #73
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
The Earth Federation government convinced a ton of people to move to a very dangerous planet in order to terraform it. They promised them it was going to be fine and they had it all figured out. They were going to be safe and they'd get regular supplies from Earth. It was going to be cake and 100 percent safe.

BUT...

The government screwed them over and cut them off before the colony could be stabilized.

They government claimed they all died and basically banished them to die.

Martians had to stabilize their colony on their own and life sucked. They got through it but a ton of people died. But during all of this necessity became the mother of invention and their technology started to kick ass. They were really pissed off and decided to go back to Earth with all the new gadgets they invented to survive Mars.
I'm not sure what was the whole point of that.

That still doesn't mean that the Earth belong to them since it's the Earth Federation.

And it still doesn't excuse them for attacking and massacring civilians at will. This was the point that both Flint and Grodeck brought up when they found out the truth about the Vagans. The Vagan simply pointed out that all of them were responsible regardless anyways.

Quote:
Even in the context of the Age universe, Flit showed in earlier episodes that fodder units can be effective at controlling the movements of superior units. (Ex: When they forced the Magicians 8 to retreat)
Ever since Gundam 00 the Grunts have been...suprisingly competent it's not even funny.

Quote:
Well, I never said people on Earth cannot fight back. What I'm saying is that amidst the war somebody should realise that the enemy's too monolithic to not be led by the noose by some figure of theirs. And I also expect a war to remain a war; because what I understand from your previous points is that to defend themselves they could stomp and massarce all the Vagans. Even though the distinction is blur, I feel it's only just that an attempt to defend oneself should not deviate into indiscriminate murder
They're in the middle of a war so they kinda don't have time to figure out that a third-party is in control of the whole thing. Usually these things don't get discovered until after one side has been beaten down. IE Clone War

And so far all of the Federation's strategy has been to defend itself simply because they cannot send an expedition to Mars. This is why as Flint pointed out the EF has been trying to resolve the situation diplomatically.

That's the only way the Federation can survive. Weather enough assaults and beat the Vagans in a decisive battle to bring them to the table.

Quote:
But when Woolf died, all that complex emotion and anxieties fade away, and are replaced by one thing: complete and total grief and rage at an enemy right in front of him (seriously look at him). Asemu had the Double Bullet, he had the knowledge that X-Rounders could be killed, and he had a thirst for revenge and the instinct to kill. Decil has been shown to be easily distracted and fucked with, he's only ever cared about Flit and let himself get whittled down by the Diva previously because of it. Decil wasn't taking this shit seriously until it was too late, just like back at Ambat when he realized all too late that Flit was going to rape his ass.

So no, I don't think the leap is unfeasible at all.
It was already hinted throughout the series anyways. Even the Federation officer saw that in him. He told them while he had no x-rounder abilities his skills were still top-notced and should focus on those instead.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 14:01   Link #74
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

As for super pilot... anti-newtype. He can't read other pilots or magically foretell their movements but no one can read his. His power is forcing x-rounders to rely on their pure skills. It's already established Asemu is a naturally gifted mecha pilot.
This... that explain better the Asemu... 'change'.

Asemu fullify the role i always think for him... being the Anti-Kamille. How? Simple, he start as the completed opposite of Kamille(Having a Happy Family and Positive background plus a perfect regular life until the change with the gundam) and unlike Kamille who finnaly find his reason to live & fight in the gundam and them his potential as newtype(aka Jedi), Asemu was the opposite, he start with some fixec goals but become more frustrated how he faced the world and them he fell is past was like a lie(that happen a lot, Zehart Betrayal only add salt to the injure), but now besides being with a special super human skill(aka the Force or Newtype powers), he finally catch by himself the new way to fight & life.

Thus was a Homage and a critique of how was the history of Z gundam... the so Called 'magnum Opus' of the franchise... that was trully interesting,

How that Kio time comes and the threath of a Colony Drop is near... the thing will be interesting for Gundam AGE... at lest have the 52 or 42 episodes to wrap all perfectly.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 15:18   Link #75
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

In some way, I can see shades of episode 14 in here, and it's not the death of a loved secondary character that makes me see the similarities, or even Desil's involvement in both events, though that plays a part I guess. No, this episode resembles 14 in how both out protagonists ended up facing an event that blew through all doubts in their mind and set them through for the rest of their life, for better or for worse, how the audio quality in general was upped to higher levels, and how the tone of the conflict had gotten much serious than ever before.

Starting off with how history keeps on repeating itself. Before losing Yurin, Flit had enough evidence to figure out that the UE might in fact be piloted by other human beings, and even with the loss of those close to him (Bruzer, his mother) and who fought beside him (Don Boyag) his mind was still in doubt over whether or not he was fighting monsters. It didn't matter, since he had already decided to fight the faction that had killed his friends and family and had no plans of stopping, but the moment Yurin died, Flit justification that the UE were monsters went from being a shaky reasoning into a hard fact in his mind. Like wise, Asem's doubt's, low self esteem and good nature that makes him unfit to be a soldier ended up taking a back seat once Wolf based on him his last request to become the best pilot in the universe (which is something I forgot about, Wolf used to be a pro-MS racer) which again, isn't really the best thing that Asem could do (as we had seen before, he's the sort of man who would help his enemy) but it's the task he's been entrusted with, and he's going to do it. He had lost one of the people who had stood by him and supported him in thick and thin (the other being Arisa) and he's going to make sure he's going to live up to what Wolf expected of him.

Yurin and Wolf's deaths ended up cementing the road that Flit had taken and now Asem will have to take. There can be no going back now, even if it's not the healthiest road to be taken, it's the only one that can quench their grief.

(In any case, I ended up feeling like Asem was getting back to the same kid I had grown to like back in episodes 16 to 18. The same good kid with a heart of gold that would stand up for anyone no matter what. Guess all that positive reinforcement had payed off in the end)

The audio has again risen a few notch, with us getting more great music when the DB slices apart Desil, and Wolf's death scene was well composed as well. Though of course the main thing is that Daisuke Ono (who I now grief we will no longer get to her his awesome voice any longer ) has managed to do the same Saori-san had done, make the death of the character emotionally moving, even if we had all seen it coming. Tip of my hat to Kazuhiko Inoue, who while might be criticized as making Flit sound too emotionless, I have never felt personally, but on the contrary had always given him a voice of authority and managed to get across the feeling of a caring but strict father, and in this episode, a man who had a suffered a deep loss but was still keeping himself together. Also, Takuya Eguchi as Asem is official my favorite role he had done. Hard work pays off in more than one level in this show.

The final thing is of course the tone of the conflict. This is no longer like the battles before in this generation, where things were more flexible for both sides. This is a complete zero sum game, where Zeheart is going to put aside his own feelings for his friend in order to realize what he vowed to do, even at the expense of his own life. He isn't about to allow anyone or anything get in his way, and insubordination is no longer acceptable. Things might have seemed grim early on with this generation, but now they are officially cut throat.

Seems like the blood feud between the Galette and the Asuno's is going to come to a close soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
whats the name of the song wen asemu is taking revenge on desil?
It's a(nother) remix of the main AGE track. It's not in the first OST, so I'm guessing we will get it once OST2 rolls out this month.

Other things:-

- Rita is dying? Poor Lord Metal Zedd

-Wow, Max is finally getting in touch with his inner Uso and kicking some serious ass on the battle field.

-I don't like how Arisa doesn't seem to be getting that much screen time any longer :T

-The hint that the Saber-Bridge Bunny might be the spy might have been just a read hearing, since the person now suspect of being the mole is again Flit's assistant.

-Sorry, but the staff aren't even trying to show Millies design as 50 years old. She looks the same as she was 27 years ago. Pure laziness :/ (That, or the medical benefits for fleet commanders are so good, they even include plastic surgery for women)

-In a lot of ways, the contrast between how the Asuno and the Galette treat each other can be really revealing. Zeheart sent his brother to his death for disobeying his orders, though he didn't seem to be out of hate, but out of the realization that Desil was simply a loose canon. That is something Flit will never do to his son, no matter how much he had went against military procedure before. Hell, in a lot of ways, Desil is what Asem might have become had he allowed himself to be taken in with the all the self loathing.

-Guess at the end of the day, even if the two weren't related, Wolf and Zeheart ended up with the same realization about Asem. He really is one amazing kid.

As a side not, I can't help but wonder if the point of making Romary and Asem relationship get to the point where they are no longer talking to each other was in order to make the timeline fit with Kio being 13 at AG 165 (so he would've been conceived when they were 28, ten years after the end of the 2nd Generation, so they needed to make sure they wouldn't get together as early as Flit and Emily did at 21) because I'm honestly scratching my head at why else would this decided to show it being this damaged and bad at the finale stretch of the second chapter

I mean, I get that we had Emily not being the fan favorite back with the first generation, but say what you will about the chemistry between her and Flit, at the end of it, they never got to the point where the last we seen of them was Flit ignoring and avoiding eye contact with her. It never got that bad on screen.

This could be premature worrying, but now that we have confirmation that we only have two more episodes till the end of the second generation, I'm left wondering how exactly they can sell the idea that Romary will get together with Asem without making it feel forced.
Old 2012-04-09, 15:50   Link #76
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

This episode.

The best.

10/10
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 16:52   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So this episode should hopefully make the people that complain about newtype hax in Gundam very pleased. Woolf fans not so much. If I had to wager a guess the only surviving members of the Woolf team after this battle will be Asemu and Arisa.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 17:06   Link #78
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I don't know man, Max had been leveling up and Obright is going to get married. I think that they will all pull through.

The whole hard work trumps over super powered N-types had been pretty awesome, to be quite frank, though I wasn't that concerned about the powerlevels in Gundam to start with.
Old 2012-04-09, 17:11   Link #79
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I don't know man, Max had been leveling up and Obright is going to get married. I think that they will all pull through.

The whole hard work trumps over super powered N-types had been pretty awesome, to be quite frank, though I wasn't that concerned about the powerlevels in Gundam to start with.
Yeah but the textbook Gundam thing to do now would be to have Obright die and ruin Remy for life so that she comes back in the next arc all angry and bitter. Of course this doesn't always happen with Gundam series and sometimes the couple does get to live happily, but not often.

As for power levels in Gundam, you'd be surprised just how much some fans care about this sort of thing. For some I know firsthand it's pretty much the be all end all deciding factor on whether a Gundam series is good or not.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 17:11   Link #80
faceroll

what does one get for being a x-rounder?It seems that it hasn't being significantly clarified or even mentioned alot.
faceroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion