View Poll Results: Do you like TEA ?
YES 164 85.86%
NO 27 14.14%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-11-12, 00:03   Link #101
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
I have a tea related question..Has anyone ever used a meditation tea set? At a tea house in Oregon, they gave me one... Basically you pour the tea into a little, tall cup and then turn it over (skillfully) into a regular tea cup, and then you just sit there while the tea slowly seeps out of the tall cup. But Ive never seen it used outside of that teahouse. Sitting there for an hour was one of the best experiences Ive ever had! That tea set changed my life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Yes. That's pretty gross.
well..its not like I keep them for weeks (exceptions apply when I need them for artistic purposes) Its just that i'll use 2 tea bags a day instead of 6....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
You can do that with green tea cause its strong and pure.

I eat the bag.
I didnt think anyone else ate the bag!! My roomate says she wants to throw up when I tear them up and chew them, so I thought it was too disgusting a habit for me to admit to anyone
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 02:36   Link #102
???
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
I didnt think anyone else ate the bag!! My roomate says she wants to throw up when I tear them up and chew them, so I thought it was too disgusting a habit for me to admit to anyone
First of all, Green Tea as been approved by medics that the leaf is good for your health. So if peoples drink it, why not eat it ?

Same with mint. You can serve it in soup / Tea / eat it raw or vaporly cooked. And no its not gross. Remmember, tea is also food.
??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 05:50   Link #103
ato
Oups...

Eating the tea bags? Never even heard of such a thing before...

And now for something completely the same: How to spot a good earl grey blend. It's quite simple, really. Smell it. If it smells balanced and tasty just try it out! I certainly agree that there are many horrible earl grey blends out there, but I eventually found one that was to my liking. Ok, so it's a bit more expensive than the run of the mill brands, but worth every crown I spend on it

Oh, and a tip for anyone who have been intrigued enough to buy loose leafs - Do keep them in an airtight container. It really helps the taste. Most tea jars are quite leaky, and just won't do for any kind of long term storage. Of course, don't buy too much tea at one time either. Airtight or no, tea does age pretty quickly. Just buy so that you have for a couple of months, and your tea will be fresh at all times!
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 08:21   Link #104
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
First of all, Green Tea as been approved by medics that the leaf is good for your health. So if peoples drink it, why not eat it ?

Same with mint. You can serve it in soup / Tea / eat it raw or vaporly cooked. And no its not gross. Remmember, tea is also food.
Surely it's not poisonous or bad for your health, but I'd say it tastes extremely bad.

okay I never tried eating tea bags, but I don't like eating loose tea leaves nor the japanese tea powders...

brew tea for only 2-3 minute? what kind of water do you use to brew tea? I mean, I use boiling water and it's still way too hot to drink after only 2-3 minutes
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 09:37   Link #105
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Surely it's not poisonous or bad for your health, but I'd say it tastes extremely bad.

okay I never tried eating tea bags, but I don't like eating loose tea leaves nor the japanese tea powders...
Hmm, don't remember if any of the macha powder was left at the bottom of the cup, truthfully, but then, I didn't finish the thing. Tea leaves, or the ones that I've tried, were usually bitter in taste, and yeah, I do eat them sometimes. It depends on the tea, though; some fermented tea like "Tung Ting Oolong", I don't like since they're really bitter even though it's not fermented too much.

Eating tea bags? I've squeezed the last drop of tea out of them before, but haven't tried eating them. I suppose they're a good source of fiber.

Quote:
brew tea for only 2-3 minute? what kind of water do you use to brew tea? I mean, I use boiling water and it's still way too hot to drink after only 2-3 minutes
Just filtered water in a kettle for me. I use one of the electric pots/dispensers, and it seems to work well. Light teas (white or yellow) take about 80 degrees or so, and I stick with the usual 90 to 95 degrees for the others. Temperature is usually not a problem.`

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 14:22   Link #106
AnimeFangirl

Wheeee! A "Tea Bar" just opening a few streets away! Supposedly they offer about 70 different kinds of tea (which is kinda small), loose leaf and brewed on the spot to your satisfaction. It's all tea and nothing but tea. I gotta go check them out sometime, in the spirit of enterprise. Jasmine tea, silver needle tea, chai, all those other fancy teas, please wash your necks and wait.
Old 2004-11-12, 16:18   Link #107
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
Eating the tea bags? Never even heard of such a thing before...
Actually, I eat the loose green tea leaves after brewing. I never use a tea bag. Ever.

Quote:
And now for something completely the same: How to spot a good earl grey blend. It's quite simple, really. Smell it. If it smells balanced and tasty just try it out! I certainly agree that there are many horrible earl grey blends out there, but I eventually found one that was to my liking. Ok, so it's a bit more expensive than the run of the mill brands, but worth every crown I spend on it
Thanks for the tip. Perhaps I'll give Earl Grey another chance to impress me.

Quote:
Oh, and a tip for anyone who have been intrigued enough to buy loose leafs - Do keep them in an airtight container. It really helps the taste. Most tea jars are quite leaky, and just won't do for any kind of long term storage. Of course, don't buy too much tea at one time either. Airtight or no, tea does age pretty quickly. Just buy so that you have for a couple of months, and your tea will be fresh at all times!
Absolutely. Listen to ato about this!!!! You also need to make sure you keep them in metal canisters or in the back of your cupboard. It is really important to keep your tea leaves both airtight and out of the light. You shouldn't keep them in a clear plastic canister because exposure to light can cause them to oxidize. That will ruin the flavor jsut as surely as exposure to air.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 17:12   Link #108
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Spoiler for It looks good.:

I didn't realize that Starbucks served maccha. I must go try some.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 21:08   Link #109
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
You mean I'm not the only one who sometimes eats green tea after infusing it? I don't like the taste of black tea leaves, but some green tea is really yummy.
When a small branch ends up in my black tea at Chinese restaurants, I eat it sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow
Stevia.. Is good ! Here's me right now.

<PIC DELEATED>
Why deleted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
Spoiler for It looks good.:

I didn't realize that Starbucks served maccha. I must go try some.
We do?
*checks url*
...oh.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 22:40   Link #110
???
Unknown

Does anyone know what is Lo Han Kuo ? I know its a fruit and its the 2nd most sweetest food on earth. ( stevia is 1st). I need more info about that chinese fruit cause ive seen chinese making tea with that fruit.
Old 2004-11-13, 00:16   Link #111
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Tea is the best, Nothing like a cup of tea to keep you from falling asleep in first peroid..
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 01:56   Link #112
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I thought I'd share this picture I found of my old sadou club in school!

Spoiler for see if you can guess which girl is me:

Sadou means "tea ceremony" in case you didn't know.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 05:34   Link #113
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
I thought I'd share this picture I found of my old sadou club in school!

Spoiler for see if you can guess which girl is me:

Sadou means "tea ceremony" in case you didn't know.
I know who you are! You are the one wearing that kimono. Right?

BTW: What are you doing in a sadou club other than drinking tea? (i.e. what are you learning?)
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 07:31   Link #114
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
I know who you are! You are the one wearing that kimono. Right?
Wrong--she's that tall girl wearing the school uniform!

Just kidding...she's the prettiest one in it.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 08:02   Link #115
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Wrong--she's that tall girl wearing the school uniform!

Just kidding...she's the prettiest one in it.
she's an anime fan thus it must be the one in the school uniform
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 09:24   Link #116
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
she's an anime fan thus it must be the one in the school uniform
Nah, she's the Japanese looking girl. I'm pretty sure of it

Spoiler:
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 21:22   Link #117
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
You can do that with green tea cause its strong and pure.

I eat the bag.

I eat the spice on my chai tea. All i have to do is rip the bag and eat everything inside. Same with the green tea after tea fusion.
When I read this, I said "waHOLY @#$%!!!"
But more posts indicate that a number of people do that. Geez... sounds like a caffeine addiction, remindes me of an ex-smoker eating those nicotine patches.

What got y'all started on doing that? Someone talking about it on a message board?

O'course, I'm probably gonna be Curious and try it next time I make tea, you sick, little, MONKEYS!!!.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 22:39   Link #118
???
Unknown

No its not an addiction, i rip the bag before adding the boiling water on my mug, the reason i do that is because a good tea as to taste naturaly pure and not with that needle bag that change the flavour of my tea... also i never waste food so i eat all the herb that float on my drink... just like the bubble tea.

Also fusion goes faster without the bag.

Be best part is at the end.
Old 2004-11-14, 22:49   Link #119
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
yup
tea bags are for suckers
best tea is when you 'wash' the leaves quickly
then make the tea from those leaves
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 02:25   Link #120
Agrius