AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-02-24, 13:44   Link #21
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Let me know if you want to see it.
Yes, I would love to see it!
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 01:21   Link #22
Myname

Just wondering, what's the point of a new forum if one's not allowed to make new threads?

Judging by the amount of posts in each episode discussion, wouldn't it be better of if this was all back into one thread?
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 01:37   Link #23
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Answer: Hell no. I don't want your spoilers in my episode discussion. This keeps things organized. ^^
Old 2006-02-25, 12:50   Link #24
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname
Just wondering, what's the point of a new forum if one's not allowed to make new threads?

Judging by the amount of posts in each episode discussion, wouldn't it be better of if this was all back into one thread?
Kashimashi is from what i know the 3'rd most popular anime airing at the moment ... it is just trampled and drowned by the hype there is around Fate / Stay Night and Mai Otome
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 04:38   Link #25
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

Isn't this suposed to be Q&A well heres a good question why doesn't it show Hazumu doing more things guys would do if they became a girl? Ya just use your imagination...

Also why isn't he charging his friend to see his body wtf you know every guy would...

Whats wrong with piracy?
navi432001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 04:45   Link #26
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by navi432001
Isn't this suposed to be Q&A well heres a good question why doesn't it show Hazumu doing more things guys would do if they became a girl? Ya just use your imagination...

Also why isn't he charging his friend to see his body wtf you know every guy would...
He's not that kind of a guy, though Hazumu did offer Asuta a look, but Tomari was there to set things right.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 01:45   Link #27
aoi_no_kansei

Kashimashi GNU sub question;

For some reason, my VLC player refuses to play any of the GNU subs. Does anyone know why? Or better yet, what I can do to rectify this? I would be much appreciative!

Monikku.
aoi_no_kansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 03:04   Link #28
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Try upgrading VLC to the latest version. Other than that, your computer may not have enough power to play the h264 files that gnu releases.

Of course, I know a guy whose computer is a beast and he can't play h264 at all, so it may be some incompatability issue.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 03:08   Link #29
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Hazumu's mind.

I was wondering, what do people feel Hazumu's gender is? I really got the sense that Hazumu was a girl trapped in a guy's body from the first episode/chapters.

My reasoning is that they go out of their way to show how girly Hazumu is, and since before the accident she thinks it is impossible to change her body, she wishes that she could change her mind. (To be more manly)

Also, this was mentioned in another thread, but Hazumu seems more complete as a girl, like her body finally matches how she felt inside.

Then again, we barely got to see male Hazumu, but I thought that this was what the author(s) were trying to convey.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 11:24   Link #30
aoi_no_kansei

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
Try upgrading VLC to the latest version. Other than that, your computer may not have enough power to play the h264 files that gnu releases.

Of course, I know a guy whose computer is a beast and he can't play h264 at all, so it may be some incompatability issue.

Thanks for the advice. I updated my player (it, apparently, was VERY out of date) and now it works beautifully!

Thanks again!

Monikku.
Old 2006-03-22, 11:28   Link #31
aoi_no_kansei

Quote:
I was wondering, what do people feel Hazumu's gender is? I really got the sense that Hazumu was a girl trapped in a guy's body from the first episode/chapters.

My reasoning is that they go out of their way to show how girly Hazumu is, and since before the accident she thinks it is impossible to change her body, she wishes that she could change her mind. (To be more manly)

Also, this was mentioned in another thread, but Hazumu seems more complete as a girl, like her body finally matches how she felt inside.

Then again, we barely got to see male Hazumu, but I thought that this was what the author(s) were trying to convey.
I think, in a way, you are certainly correct. Hazumu, since becoming female, has been more confident and secure. You can tell in the dynamic change of demeanor. Before, he seemed to have such poor confidence; hair always in his face, mild mannered, barely spoke, etc. Now Hazumu smiles openly and is more apt to take what s/he wants. Hazumu appears to be much happier, and oddly... so does her father. -_-;
Old 2006-04-01, 04:14   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

My own interpretation is that Hazumu was destroyed by the ship impact. They were able to capture his memories and personality and a bit of DNA. From that they constructed an attractive girl with all of Hazumu's memories and personality. The personaltiy started evolving towards even more femininity under the new circumstances.

Memories make the person, so to speak. But yes, I also think he was somewhat androgynous to begin with (and his parents had wanted a girl anyway so that impacts his upbringing).
Old 2006-04-29, 01:22   Link #33
Ryuuku Sakigake

Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
My own interpretation is that Hazumu was destroyed by the ship impact. They were able to capture his memories and personality and a bit of DNA. From that they constructed an attractive girl with all of Hazumu's memories and personality. The personaltiy started evolving towards even more femininity under the new circumstances.

Memories make the person, so to speak. But yes, I also think he was somewhat androgynous to begin with (and his parents had wanted a girl anyway so that impacts his upbringing).
My line of reasoning is pretty much the same, though I would have to say that I don't think Hazumu became more "feminine" in a sense.

Hazumu simply seems more comfortable because his body now matches a personality that many see as feminine, so he has little reason to be shy. Now, he can giggle, blush, cry and do many "girly" things without fear or scorn, as he would as a male. I think society sometimes conflicts with the "self." I think Hazumu really wanted to be more "manly." But he is only happy as a girl because he can be "himself." Without ridacule, but not because he wanted to be a girl.

But I think, given the lighthearted nature of the show, Hazumu was probaby "set up" to be a girl, and so, all of our postulations might be moot.
Ryuuku Sakigake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 21:45   Link #34
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Ah, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Anyone knows how many episodes this is going to run? I'm thinking 13, hoping 26 XD
If it goes to 26 episodes, I will dance for everybody wearing pink leather pants at a local subway station. Yeah, that's a lie.

But I also hope for more episodes.
Old 2006-05-09, 01:34   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Unfortunately, the season is over (only 12) ... but .... a extra episode will be added to the DVD releases and we'll get to see it this fall (ep 13).

Because of that I suspect the ending we saw is a "red herring" and we may see a more complex or unexpected twist ending in that episode.
Old 2006-08-07, 08:17   Link #36
martino
makes no files now

"Look forward to next time" - from episode 12 - What is this about? A sequel?

And can someone explain the twisted ending? Why did they show Hazumu crossing the river...and before it Yasuna with a sad face saying "You know..."? I'm confused...
Old 2006-08-07, 10:47   Link #37
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
"Look forward to next time" - from episode 12 - What is this about? A sequel?

And can someone explain the twisted ending? Why did they show Hazumu crossing the river...and before it Yasuna with a sad face saying "You know..."? I'm confused...
Your not the only one confused Martino, no body has a clear idea on what did Hazumu or Yasuna wanted to say in the last scenes of the episodes. There has been many theories and thoughts about it in the discussion topics but nothing is certain unless we get a hold of the extra episode in the DVD edition.

PS: Anime based, didn't see the manga
Old 2006-08-07, 11:57   Link #38
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yup, it's simply a way of telling the audience "Buy DVD 7!" We'll know what the ending of episode 12 really means in late-October.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 18:26   Link #39
martino
makes no files now

That's quite bad waiting till October, leaving my brain wondering about what was all that about...I guess it can't be helped.
Old 2006-08-16, 16:07   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've not seen any news scoops about the episode 13 release ... anyone have a schedule of the DVD releases in Japan for Kashimashi?