AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-22, 10:40   Link #61
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmedaus
I did a bit of searching on the web to see what I can dig up about the whole bone fragment stuff that people talk about.

"About nine months after Trisha injured herself, an orthopedic surgeon performed a relatively simple procedure called a discectomy, in which a fragment of the ruptured disk is removed."

Now true this talks about ruptured disk, and I don't know how close this parallels the situation at hand, but it seems that todays doctors consider removing bits of ruptured disk from the spinal column a relatively simply procedure. If we assume that Naruto's world operates almost alike ours, except with the addition of "super powers" then the symptoms for the ruptured disk are similar to was Rock Lee was dealing with

"The person may experience the following symptoms: · decreased ability to flex the knee · decreased ability to move the foot and toes in certain directions · numbness, burning, or tingling in the leg · pain in the lower back that may travel to the back of the thigh and calf "

Now, it seems to me that the problem occurs not in the actual surgery by the amount of time it needs to heal after the surgery is perfomed. Obviously this analysis is for the modern doctor, but I would think Tsunade was a capable doctor. The pain that was caused by the ruptured disk goes away after the operation.

Obviously this is assuming that the condition Rock Lee is(was) in is similar condition, but this is as close as I could come with my search for "problems with opening celestial gates". Anyhow, I know that it was said that Rock Lee would need time to rest afterwords, but maybe Tsunade was just saying a person who would get this operation usually required a long time to rest. Yet, Rock Lee is a special person, kinda like Naruto still having chakra after Neji's attack, he is able to heal and go out to fight through the sheer force of will.

just my 2 cents

dont look too deep into it a ruptured intervertebral disc is not even remotely similar to what lee has.

the author decided to give the story some depth so he decided to give lee some very incurable injury. in system and a world that only exist in the authors mind
Old 2004-03-22, 10:59   Link #62
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that Tsunade didn't actually KNOW Rock lee, or his abilities, before saying he would need 6+ months of recovery.. Everyone knows that Rock Lee is the #1 hard Working Ninja of Konoha =) Also, in many of his flashbacks, he's all worked and beat up, but tells Gai "Its ok, I will be fine because I am strong!" And he always recovered just fine. Maybe its his Heal Gate, maybe Tsunade is super awesome and was testing Rock Lee.. Or maybe Rock lee is such a hard worker, after the Surgery his muscles just snapped back into place and were ready to go.. He might NOT be 100% right now.. But still able to move about..

Gotta remember.. Tsunade said what she said about the recovery process assuming Rock Lee was just a normal Ninja.. Of course, we all know there is no such THING as 'normal ninjas'.. I think more then likely Tsunade underestimated the will of Rock Lee, and to everyones surprise he was up and ready to go immediately after Surgery. After all, he wants to be an important part of his 'group of friends.' He came close to giving up his life in order to prove his Nindo.. It's not like a few crushed limbs are going to stop him ^_^
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 12:28   Link #63
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin
Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that Tsunade didn't actually KNOW Rock lee, or his abilities, before saying he would need 6+ months of recovery.. Everyone knows that Rock Lee is the #1 hard Working Ninja of Konoha =) Also, in many of his flashbacks, he's all worked and beat up, but tells Gai "Its ok, I will be fine because I am strong!" And he always recovered just fine. Maybe its his Heal Gate, maybe Tsunade is super awesome and was testing Rock Lee.. Or maybe Rock lee is such a hard worker, after the Surgery his muscles just snapped back into place and were ready to go.. He might NOT be 100% right now.. But still able to move about..

Gotta remember.. Tsunade said what she said about the recovery process assuming Rock Lee was just a normal Ninja.. Of course, we all know there is no such THING as 'normal ninjas'.. I think more then likely Tsunade underestimated the will of Rock Lee, and to everyones surprise he was up and ready to go immediately after Surgery. After all, he wants to be an important part of his 'group of friends.' He came close to giving up his life in order to prove his Nindo.. It's not like a few crushed limbs are going to stop him ^_^
Or maybe you are so thrilled of having Rock Lee back and you don't want anything happening to him so you are just trying to find a explanation to it
The point is Tsunade said it would take extensive rehabilitation to recover, they began operating him when the genins left the Village, and Tayuya said that they only acomplished a third of the plan in half day meaning not even 1 day passed now even if Lee has a superb healing factor he wouldn't be able to be cured(not even Naruto would with Kyubi), if he was operated, cured and caught up with the genins(when they left a lot earlier), that is a major plot incosistency, so since we don't want we are all hoping that Kishimoto doesn't give a lameass excuse just so he could show Lee again in the series.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 14:50   Link #64
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

My thought is that Rock lee isnt healed YET.
He was about to go under surgery but then thos jounins who got beat went back to konoho...informed Tsunda that thos sound nins are really powerful in front of Lee,so now Lee knows naruto and gang are in trouble....so regardless of surgery he went to rescue them.
Thats my short hand version of what happend.
________
Medical cannabis

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 04:00.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 14:59   Link #65
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
Spoiler:
it could just be so lame that he learned how Rock lee was from Gai
with his "the prideful green beast of the leaf",
would suck ass if it was like that
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 15:14   Link #66
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
The extensive injuries (which made the surgery necessary) came from using the gates, he had bits of bone all over the place in his spinal column. The wounds he got from Gaara have already healed.

Also, he can only open 5 gates, so he wont be opening 8 gates now, especially seeing as he hasnt exactly had any time to be training or anything.
I guess they didn't show that so well in the anime (while saying he can't live on as a ninja anymore, they have a flashback from Gaara's coffin thingy)
But about him not being able to open 8 gates is nonsense... First of all, that's a once in a lifetime experience (you'd die after releasing the 8th), so he won't be practicing it before he uses it... Secondly, people tend to grow in important fights (that's how Sasuke got/figured how to use his sharingan)... My third point is that if he is aware that this will be his last fight, no matter if he defeats Kimimaro or not, that's a good source for motivation.. Knowing that he died for a good cause, like a hero...
Old 2004-03-22, 15:17   Link #67
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

nh1.. Ummm the thing is that if you open the gates...and do NOTIHNG your fine.
Its only when you try to move a lot and do moves that your muscles start too snap. Only then. Just standing in place wouldnt hurt you...i believe ;D
________
Child Wellbutrin

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 04:00.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 15:24   Link #68
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
I guess they didn't show that so well in the anime (while saying he can't live on as a ninja anymore, they have a flashback from Gaara's coffin thingy)
But about him not being able to open 8 gates is nonsense... First of all, that's a once in a lifetime experience (you'd die after releasing the 8th), so he won't be practicing it before he uses it... Secondly, people tend to grow in important fights (that's how Sasuke got/figured how to use his sharingan)... My third point is that if he is aware that this will be his last fight, no matter if he defeats Kimimaro or not, that's a good source for motivation.. Knowing that he died for a good cause, like a hero...
He isn't able to open 8 gates, Gai said that Lee could only open 5 gates, if he could all of a sudden without any training and after being injured for 2 months open all the gates it would be totally lame, also if he dies there it isn't for a very good cause, they are trying to save a genin that willingly went to another village so the other guy could destroy the soul of the genin and make the genin body a vessel for himself, the only good cause would be that Orochimaru doesn't get the sharingan otherwise it's just a hunt mission to get a former member.
Old 2004-03-22, 15:28   Link #69
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Actually, the anime showed it the way it should be... re-read chapter 87 p 5 (dunno how to upload pictures), and you will see that it was Gaara's attack that was the problem...

Also, how can he train on opening the 8th gate?
Old 2004-03-22, 17:15   Link #70
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
How do you even open the gates?

I'd guess that the person would kinda 'feel around' inside themselves and be able to detect the gates, and give them a little nudge, see if they can open them, without throwing it open completely.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 17:27   Link #71
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Well:
How can someone train to extract demon chakra from him?
How can someone train to develop the Byakukan further?
etc. etc. etc.

There must be some way no? it's not like Gai said to Lee, "Lee i saw that you can open the gates so do it now then i can teach you Ura Renge", he can have a natural ability to open them but it implied much training, Gai himself said that Lee could open 5 gates with more training he can probably open more but he was 2 months with a severe injury so i don't think he will open more than 5 gates just like that.
Old 2004-03-22, 18:19   Link #72
S7EV3n
Music is my LIFE~!

whats all this conversation about Itachi and rock lee???
those 2 have no relationship!
I dont know how you guys made that pair =\

and as for lee's health..NObody know yet!
maybe he is suffering alots of pains
S7EV3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:45   Link #73
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7EV3n
whats all this conversation about Itachi and rock lee???
those 2 have no relationship!
Pfft, didnt you know that Itachi is Rock Lee's dad?

Became a Father at 4.
Graduated from the academy at 7,
Learnt how to use the sharingan at 8,
Became a chunin at 10.

GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 18:48   Link #74
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Well:
How can someone train to extract demon chakra from him?
How can someone train to develop the Byakukan further?
etc. etc. etc.
The only difference is that Naruto pulled the demon chakra once before he actually needed it, Lee wouldn't be able to do that... But, like Naruto is able to release the chakra when he is wasted or wants to protect someone, I think Lee will be able to release the 8th gate and make a dynamic exit from the series (trust me, that is not something I'd want, but if you've got to go, then go with style.. )
Old 2004-03-22, 21:13   Link #75
Hairydolphin

Send a message via AIM to Hairydolphin
I've got it! Its Hinata!!!! Hinata did the henge and is pretending to be Lee! Hence the cover of 209...
Hairydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 09:36   Link #76
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

I think it is itachi, why didnt lee help the other leaf on his way?
or at least shika.

itachi did in fact see Gai do the same exact kick in issue 143 to save kakashi's ass.
and gai did say the exact same, or almost the exact same thing as lee said in 209.

like i predicted 7 weeks ago =)
edit oh, and why did he say Lee was good, when naruto went ape shit and had 100x more chakra? I think boneman sees thru Itachi's Bushin
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 10:22   Link #77
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairydolphin
I've got it! Its Hinata!!!! Hinata did the henge and is pretending to be Lee! Hence the cover of 209...
That would be really really cool! She has finally "become" stronger like she always wanted to be. If she didn't use the henge, Naruto would never leave her there with Kimimaro (cuz he knows she could never beat him) so this would be a great plan from her. And maybe she can surprise Kimi with the Hakke 64
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 11:44   Link #78
Merco
I like pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
I think it is itachi, why didnt lee help the other leaf on his way?
or at least shika.

itachi did in fact see Gai do the same exact kick in issue 143 to save kakashi's ass.
and gai did say the exact same, or almost the exact same thing as lee said in 209.

like i predicted 7 weeks ago =)
edit oh, and why did he say Lee was good, when naruto went ape shit and had 100x more chakra? I think boneman sees thru Itachi's Bushin
good call there, I completely forgot about Gai's entry. So that pretty much helped the Itachi theory. If Itachi was on surveillance from the moment that Naruto and co. left, then he would have seen Rock Lee and Sakura give their farewells and think hm... Rock Lee wears the same suit that Gai wears... I imagine they both have the same fighting style as well... Since he already copied that move, he could probably pull it off and look realistic enough so that naruto (and his lack of genjutsu knowledge) would think this is Rock Lee.

While Rock Lee does want Sasuke back as much as anyone else, if it is true that it's Itachi who's in henge... then it may signify that there's more to the whole Uchina clan destruction then just Itachi killing everyone (as I suggested in my previous post)
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 12:12   Link #79
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairydolphin
so? the cover was sakura not all that far back... and sakura didnt appear

but lee is still looking akward as usual...

but the itachi theory seems like a long shot- we will just have to wait and see.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-23, 18:33   Link #80
donna8157

Manga: Rock Lee

If you've read chapter 209, then you know that Rock Lee is back! It was an unexpected twist to see that he will be fighting Kimimaro while Naruto will go after Sasuke. Anyway, what do you think will happen in this fight?

Will Rock Lee open his gates again?

Did he learn a new jutsu like the other genin?

.. I hope he will live... He's one of my favorite characters from this entire series.

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-03-23 at 18:47. Reason: Thread merged...
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote