AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-24, 12:51   Link #1
aznpikachu215
Shadow Member

Send a message via AIM to aznpikachu215 Send a message via MSN to aznpikachu215 Send a message via Yahoo to aznpikachu215
Melty Blood - Act Cadenza

Okay, I'm going to show 3 videos of me playing Melty Blood Act Cadenza, using Arcueid. I'm really bad at it, so yeah, hopefully you guys can tell me how'd I do, give me advice on the gameplay and how I can improve in the future. ^_^

Act 1 - Stage 1-3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D3VNYLS4T8&fmt=18

Act 2 - Stage 4-7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt4iut1rlrA&fmt=18

Act 3 - Stage 8-10 + Ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t3IRuMio4A&fmt=18

Thanks for your time, and have a great day!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Each day begins a new chapter, how will you write your story?
aznpikachu215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 13:09   Link #2
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Go to meltybread and learn some combos. Doing specials by themselves is not a good way to stack dmg with arc. Melty Bread's Arc Guide Topic

Then go get the netplay here: Netplay from mauve.

Now play some human opponents, cuz the cpu is too easy to manipulate. Easiest way I know to do this is to join their IRC channel at:
Server: #EFnet
irc.Prison.net
Channel: #mbac

I still play the game, and am a solid player, so if you want a match, let me know when, I'll try to be there(though arc is my worst player ).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 17:11   Link #3
aznpikachu215
Shadow Member

Send a message via AIM to aznpikachu215 Send a message via MSN to aznpikachu215 Send a message via Yahoo to aznpikachu215
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Go to meltybread and learn some combos. Doing specials by themselves is not a good way to stack dmg with arc. Melty Bread's Arc Guide Topic

Then go get the netplay here: Netplay from mauve.

Now play some human opponents, cuz the cpu is too easy to manipulate. Easiest way I know to do this is to join their IRC channel at:
Server: #EFnet
irc.Prison.net
Channel: #mbac

I still play the game, and am a solid player, so if you want a match, let me know when, I'll try to be there(though arc is my worst player ).
Cool, thanks for the help, once I get my internet back, I'll be able to participate in netplay, and I'll be able to face you sometime. ^_^
Old 2008-07-24, 17:36   Link #4
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I used to play this game. I still have it on my computer, but I got annoyed at the generic |Poke -> BnB -> Air throw -> Repeat| thing.

Of course, I suck, so....
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 18:24   Link #5
aznpikachu215
Shadow Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I used to play this game. I still have it on my computer, but I got annoyed at the generic |Poke -> BnB -> Air throw -> Repeat| thing.

Of course, I suck, so....
Heh, but you're probably better than me since you've got more experience.
Old 2008-07-25, 05:57   Link #6
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Arcueid is pretty much an advance character since her most damaging BNB is on the corner (I think they call it corner combo loop and it requires some timing). Since you just started out, I recommend Red Arcueid since she's much easier to pick up compared to Arc.
Either way, ChiisaiRamen's Arc/Warc guide is the perfect guide for you.

I haven't played some netplay myself either because there's a lot of players here in my area.

And you can visit this wiki for more info on combos and stuffs.
Click Here

P.S.

Don't mind my nick, she's not my main anymore.

Last edited by Kana Futayo; 2008-07-29 at 01:00.
Kana Futayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 07:12   Link #7
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Where to download MBAC!? O_O
I have chinese version only but I need an English ver so I can play others!
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 09:47   Link #8
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
Where to download MBAC!? O_O
I have chinese version only but I need an English ver so I can play others!
Hold it.
I didn't remeber for having a chinese version of MB?
Using a MBcaster should work fine with MBAC.
And please,don't talk about downloading it.
Old 2008-07-28, 15:19   Link #9
aznpikachu215
Shadow Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
Hold it.
I didn't remeber for having a chinese version of MB?
Using a MBcaster should work fine with MBAC.
And please,don't talk about downloading it.
Since when did a chinese version of MB come out, they've only had in Japanese.
Old 2008-07-28, 17:21   Link #10
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

No one really cares if they can't understand it, anyways.
Eh, I'm going to start playing it again.
Old 2008-07-28, 17:59   Link #11
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

are you kidding me? a chinese version of 'every' game seems to come out.

there already is another melty blood thread somewhere here. one thing that kind of sucks is actress again is going to arcade first, i was hoping a straight to PC port.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 00:57   Link #12
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
are you kidding me? a chinese version of 'every' game seems to come out.

there already is another melty blood thread somewhere here. one thing that kind of sucks is actress again is going to arcade first, i was hoping a straight to PC port.
Never heard of a Chinese version before myself.
And there's another MB thread other than this? *goes and searches*

Well, we just have to wait for the PC port if possible. Though the system for Actress Again is very different from Act Cadenza now, adjusting to it will take awhile. But I do hope they don't change the gameplay speed, AC's speed is good enough.

And my Sion is nerfed for god sakes.
Old 2008-07-29, 05:51   Link #13
hoon
7ON

I used to play a lot over netplay. Mainly used Aoko, Hisui, and Len.

Stopped playing because I needed to give SF 3rd strike some more attention.
hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 16:23   Link #14
aznpikachu215
Shadow Member

What's the style of each character? And why do some of the characters have extras?
(i.e. Arcueid/Red Arcueid, Tohno/NanaYa, Tohno/Vermillion, Hisui/Mech-Hisui, Kohaku and Hisui teaming up, Neco-Arc/Neco-Arc-Chaos/Neco-Arc-Chaos Giant 666, something like that)
Old 2008-07-30, 16:52   Link #15
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

If you're still referring to AC, I can't explain the 'style' question, since I have no idea what it's about.

As for the extras, realize that the characters play differently. Just try to play against a computer Shiki and a computer Nanaya and you'll understand.

Hisui and Mech-Hisui are pretty much completely different.
Old 2008-08-01, 03:57   Link #16
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
If you're still referring to AC, I can't explain the 'style' question, since I have no idea what it's about.

As for the extras, realize that the characters play differently. Just try to play against a computer Shiki and a computer Nanaya and you'll understand.

Hisui and Mech-Hisui are pretty much completely different.
SO MUCH TRUTH.

"Style" could possibly mean what each character is best at doing, or what playstyle that character is suited for Arcuied's faster than Nero, for example.

I personally, when I need kicks, stay back and do what Chaos does best, use that worm of his!
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 04:08   Link #17
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpikachu215 View Post
What's the style of each character? And why do some of the characters have extras?
(i.e. Arcueid/Red Arcueid, Tohno/NanaYa, Tohno/Vermillion, Hisui/Mech-Hisui, Kohaku and Hisui teaming up, Neco-Arc/Neco-Arc-Chaos/Neco-Arc-Chaos Giant 666, something like that)
I can't explain this clearly nor the info I'll be giving is accurate. It's based on my experience on using them and some matchups with them. But here goes nothing.

Arcuied/Red arcueid - Arcueid has more mix-up options compared to WArc, has a corner combo. WArc has more speed and zoning capabilites compared to Arc, has only 2 combos but she has control on opponents trying to tech on any directions after her ground throw.

Shiki/Nanaya - no idea, never used them or any of my buddies use them as their main, although I noticed that Nanaya is commonly used compared to Shiki from one of the match videos in japan. Nanaya's Low C is better than Shiki's in terms of priority from the way I see it.

Akiha/V.Akiha - Akiha has the highest defense among all the casts. Well balanced character. V.Akiha on the other hand has more rape compared to normal Akiha but with less defense (2nd to the lowest def), fastest character among all the cast and has the highest damaging BnB w/o meter. She relies more on her OTGs to keep on going w/ the pressure along w/ her fire pit.

Hisui/M.Hisui - no comment. Saturday Night Fever!

HisuHaku - different defense modifier compared to solo maids. More options are doable because of the maid switching. But most people stick to one maid as main and the other as an additional attack option.

Neco Arc/Neco Arc Chaos - NAC is better but both of them have shitty def. Not used that much. Only for fun maybe.

P.S.

No Sion/V.Sion comparison?

Last edited by Kana Futayo; 2008-08-01 at 04:35.
Kana Futayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 08:22   Link #18
Elvin

I used to be an avid melty blood player myself (although avid does not always equal good).
You're using Arcueid which rarely anyone actually uses anymore. You seem to still be doing moves for the sake of doing them, without working any real strategy. That's normal for a player who's just starting out but you probably won't be able to clear level 5 difficulty easily like that. You should practice setting up and connecting air combos before you try anything more difficult. If you can find a friend on netplay that's around the same skill level as you, you can practice against each other and you'll both steadily get better and better.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 20:33   Link #19
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
I still have this on my system since all of the fighting games installed in my pc, this is the best... and i've been using mbcaster for netplay too. commonly used characters were akiha/vermillion or kouma. . .
P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 20:55   Link #20
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
So used to play this, a while ago. Uses: Aoko(HOORAY), Len. Well damn, I guess I am not someone who uses variety of characters in fighting games; like how I keep on abusing Patchouli in Iamp.(seriously I even uses her in SWR)