AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-11-06, 16:25   Link #1761
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Me too! I was chesse-ing during the entirety of chap 58, it was SOOOOOO toradorable the whole chapter; Yuki being scared, their conversation all the way til the end with Yuki sleeping on Utsu's lap .
Yep, she was definitely adorable here.

So uh...did they kiss or not? I'm assuming they almost certainly did, but the only real close up we got was when their lips were apart, so that put a little seed of confusion in my mind.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 17:51   Link #1762
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yeah, she kissed him. You don't do a full two pager for an "almost" kiss. The panel with their lips close was them pulling away after kissing. Really, a great two chapters.
Old 2010-11-07, 11:57   Link #1763
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The last obstacle in their relationship will probably be a well-timed appearance by Touru. This will cause Yuki's composure to disintegrate, but she will come through for Utsumi despite everything and face the demons of her past. There will be more information regarding the purported sextape, and the reality behind that that Touru was also used just like Yuki was. Despite the confusion, however, Yuki will come through for Utsumi and in a role reversal will confess to Utsumi after about five chapters of rage and regret that she likes Utsumi despite everything.

More about her past will then be revealed, with the series finally winding down and them finally ending up together.

The last chapter will be Shou's graduation from high school. She will thank Utsumi for the times he's spent with her, but will slowly move on with tears in her eyes. Utsumi and Yuki will now be a legitimate couple after Utsumi turning Risa down once and for all. He will be contacted by that older photographer lady, and they will move on.

Of course, it may or may not end there ... I'm hoping the mangaka takes a hint from Ichigo 100% and not drag it out too long. The manga is essentially over, because only Touru is the final boss now.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 11:59   Link #1764
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Yep, she was definitely adorable here.

So uh...did they kiss or not? I'm assuming they almost certainly did, but the only real close up we got was when their lips were apart, so that put a little seed of confusion in my mind.
They so rarely show the lip locking...it frustrates me a lot. I don't know why they don't...
Old 2010-11-07, 13:33   Link #1765
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
The last obstacle in their relationship will probably be a well-timed appearance by Touru. This will cause Yuki's composure to disintegrate, but she will come through for Utsumi despite everything and face the demons of her past. There will be more information regarding the purported sextape, and the reality behind that that Touru was also used just like Yuki was. Despite the confusion, however, Yuki will come through for Utsumi and in a role reversal will confess to Utsumi after about five chapters of rage and regret that she likes Utsumi despite everything.

More about her past will then be revealed, with the series finally winding down and them finally ending up together.

The last chapter will be Shou's graduation from high school. She will thank Utsumi for the times he's spent with her, but will slowly move on with tears in her eyes. Utsumi and Yuki will now be a legitimate couple after Utsumi turning Risa down once and for all. He will be contacted by that older photographer lady, and they will move on.

Of course, it may or may not end there ... I'm hoping the mangaka takes a hint from Ichigo 100% and not drag it out too long. The manga is essentially over, because only Touru is the final boss now.
The way I see it:

Utsumi gets back from tennis camp on a natural high. Goes to track down his photos back and gets into this whole photography business. Realises he likes it and is like right I'll do this part time rather than flipping burgers [READ: BYE BYE Oonuma-san, you shall not be missed... well your boobs will]

Then we have the tennis tournament. Kento is inevitably going to be there. Utsumi helps out Shou by letting her get proper closure on the issue as it seems like Kento is somewhat repentant. Whether she gets back with Kento I'm not certain but probably not going to happen. (He has Yagi-san anyways). After this Shou and Utsumi say their final goodbyes (she's not going to be seeing him around school much, she has entrance exams and stuff to seriously prep for, so she's dropping tennis club anyway).

Then Yuki heads off for her end of summer prep school exam and bumps into Touru there. She's shocked, and closes up a bit again. Utsumi tries to pry, but as usual, when it comes to Touru, Yuki flies off the handle and gets mad. Utsumi misreads and thinks that it's because she's thinking of going back to Touru (she really won't, not after what he did). Touru chases after Yuki at prep school etc, seeking a chance for a just hearing but not getting much. Utsumi's insecurities eat at him over this on multiple levels (the fact that Touru is at prep school and has something serious, and he's got photography... inferiority complex).

This continues for a while and we make it to our fated treasure hunt. Here Utsumi doesn't win. And Touru shows up and Utsumi sees Yuki FINALLY allowing him to speak, and it turns out that whilst being a massive tool for taping Yuki, he did it under peer pressure or something and had no idea that it would hurt her that much. Yuki forgives, just forgives nothing more. Utsumi seeing this becomes super depressed and runs off. Yuki sees him run off and comes to find him. She asks him whats wrong, and he explains his view. She tells him that he's stupid and that she is no longer in love with Touru. She then also confesses that the person she's utterly in love with is Utsumi.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 13:47   Link #1766
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I like both possible scenarios, physics223's and n0c0ntr0l's , mostly because both have the central aspect that it is Yuki that takes the final step and confesses, I really hope... no I demand (!! ) that Yuki put some effort into this relationship as well other than just overcoming her past.

Last edited by Waven; 2010-11-07 at 14:17.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 14:14   Link #1767
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They so rarely show the lip locking...it frustrates me a lot. I don't know why they don't...
Yeah but from the angle she used, it was hard to even tell that their faces were actually touching.
Old 2010-11-07, 14:18   Link #1768
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I like both possible scenarios, physics223's and n0c0ntr0l's , mostly because both have the central aspect that it is Yuki that takes the final step and confesses, I really hope... no I demand (!! ) that Yuki put some effort into this relationship as well other than just overcoming her past.
She had better be the one to confess. Utsumi is always the one who has to jump through hoops. Let her do some work for once.
Old 2010-11-07, 15:19   Link #1769
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yeah, there's no happiness for me right now if Utsumi will be the one to confess.

n0contr0l's scenario is much better than mine.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 15:32   Link #1770
Iron21

Spoiler for 59 spoilers:

Yeah.........

Spoiler for response:
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 18:44   Link #1771
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Spoiler for 59 spoilers:

Yeah.........

Spoiler for response:
Spoiler for :
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 20:27   Link #1772
n0c0ntr0l

Spoiler for spoiler for 59:
Old 2010-11-12, 23:40   Link #1773
n0c0ntr0l

Chapter 59 is up on imangascans

Spoiler for for after you read the chapter:
Old 2010-11-13, 00:09   Link #1774
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I was actually close to raging, but the stupid look on Utsumi's face made everything better again. >.>

Yuki is without a doubt the cutest thing ever.

And, I love the irony of Utsumi's imagination. The contrast between super suave dream Utsumi and real life can't-get-any Utsumi is just too funny. His facial expressions are just too much!

I really want to see next week's now. I wonder what Utsumi's gonna do. He can't tell Yuki . . . no matter what. But secrets! Ohnoes!

Also, I don't like Shou and I'm glad she's finally done pursuing.
Old 2010-11-13, 05:02   Link #1775
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
One word and I know everyone will agree, Clannad Afterstory!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 06:12   Link #1776
Divini
Senpai!

I'm still rooting for the threesome end.

I mean how many times did Shou say "with this, it's over now"?

I know I have a chance in hell of it happening, but hey one can wish eh? I mean, Shou and Kurokawa seem to like each other too...
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 13:22   Link #1777
Iron21

When Shou and Utsumi are alone together, someone always end up slipping on something too put them in this type of position.

How many times have that trope been use? Even if I didn't look at the raws, I would have expected that to come.

And Shou says it's over again? How many times have she said that now, I'm expecting her hormones to flare up again soon.

Ofcourse she couldn't leave without a kiss, if she really wanted it to be over, she would have just laughed it off and not kissed him. So I'm expecting more awkwardness blushing between them now and Yuki wondering what's up.

Oh, and the author shows this kiss but couldn't show the Yuki kiss.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 13:36   Link #1778
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Showing this kiss lets us know that Shou doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell
Old 2010-11-13, 14:53   Link #1779
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Yuki is without a doubt the cutest thing ever.

And, I love the irony of Utsumi's imagination. The contrast between super suave dream Utsumi and real life can't-get-any Utsumi is just too funny. His facial expressions are just too much!
Took the words right out of my mouth on both counts.

Yuki actually being concerned about his sleep was adorable. It lets you know that she's really being honest with herself that she likes him.

Dream Utsumi is ridicously charming and debonaire and has Yuki in the palm of his hand, and she's easily seduced by him every time. Whereas the reality is the absolute opposite of that.
Old 2010-11-13, 21:14   Link #1780
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Normally this would be the time in a manga where I'd feel really sorry for the girl, but with Shou all I can think is:

This was nowhere near as bad as chapter 13. If Utsumi had agreed to go on a date with her thus getting her hopes up tremendously, then called it off and lied to her about it, and then Shou caught him with Yuki on the day of their date, then they would be even.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi