AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-03, 11:17   Link #2641
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Odds are they just used the pre-recorded voices from the original show, since the subtitles are the same.

And Seed is pretty much a safe bet, since it's one of their biggest gundam shows, if all goes well they might announce a Destiny 10th anniversity remaster aswell
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 12:01   Link #2642
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Don't find the seed trilogy 3D so I'll post my stupid question here.
Looking at sales, Seed, and even Seed Destiny have no equals, am I wrong? So, I obviously understand the need to go ahead with 00, then AGE.
In terms of TV ratings, Destiny performed lower than Seed. But when it comes to DVD sales, it's the opposite.

Quote:
But having such a cash cow like the SEED cast, what stop you from doing something more than a remastered version of SEED, is it all about the writer illness?
We have Naomi Shindou (Cagalli's VA), who is rumored to be on bad terms with Morosawa, and hasn't voiced her in the video game spinoffs.

Keep in mind that these events took place while Sunrise was still affected by the Yukana Nogami scandal.

As for GSD, both Suzumura (Shinn's VA) and Sakamoto (Luna's VA) have a strained relationship with Fukuda, but now that they are married, I can expect them to have a little more clout if they choose to return.
Old 2012-01-03, 18:45   Link #2643
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Overall this remaster thing is doing well imo, adding a few new scenes here and there, but the biggest thing for me is to see if they got rid of all the stock footage. can't wait to see if they decide to do that.
Definitely not all, since they've already used stock footage in the first two episodes. And if they're really just doing minor modifications, and possibly with a low budget, then I don't expect a lot of changes in that department.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 18:45   Link #2644
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
In terms of TV ratings, Destiny performed lower than Seed. But when it comes to DVD sales, it's the opposite.

We have Naomi Shindou (Cagalli's VA), who is rumored to be on bad terms with Morosawa, and hasn't voiced her in the video game spinoffs.

Keep in mind that these events took place while Sunrise was still affected by the Yukana Nogami scandal.

As for GSD, both Suzumura (Shinn's VA) and Sakamoto (Luna's VA) have a strained relationship with Fukuda, but now that they are married, I can expect them to have a little more clout if they choose to return.
Thanks!
So there are frictions. And what about the scandal?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 18:47   Link #2645
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Definitely not all, since they've already used stock footage in the first two episodes. And if they're really just doing minor modifications, and possibly with a low budget, then I don't expect a lot of changes in that department.
whast stock footage did they use in the first 2 episodes?
Old 2012-01-03, 18:51   Link #2646
monster

Quote:
whast stock footage did they use in the first 2 episodes?
The way Moebius Zero attacks.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 19:08   Link #2647
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Thats true, cant belive i missed that, but then again i'm interested in what they are going to do with the Buster since you mentioned that, it pretty much only had .. 5? different animations
Old 2012-01-03, 19:09   Link #2648
rakusukira

I just read about the scandal you mentioned and it was horrible..
I never knew the voice acting industry in Japan can be so.... deadly.

I hope nothing bad happened to Tanaka Rei and Kugiyama Rei.. they are 2 of my favorite VA's..

geez, old geezers are sooooo... typical!!
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 19:13   Link #2649
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

what is this Yukana Nogami scandal people are talking about? googled about it but i cant find anything
Old 2012-01-03, 19:50   Link #2650
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
I just read about the scandal you mentioned and it was horrible..
I never knew the voice acting industry in Japan can be so.... deadly.
The world of Seiyuu is just like any other Entertainment Industry throughout the world, full of their own internal politics unseen to the mass public. Those hungry and desperate for success ill resort to any measures to get ahead including selling out their own bodies, blackmailing, backstabbings, etc.

So, that cute seiyuu you idolise might not have been so innocent as s/he have made herself out to be. s/he is human afterall.

Quote:
what is this Yukana Nogami scandal people are talking about? googled about it but i cant find anything
Basically :-

Quote:
It was reported years ago that the sound director of Z Gundam, Sadayoshi Fujino, and Yukana Nogami had an affair causing Fujino and the original seiyuu for Rosamia Badam (they were married), Kayoko Fujii to divorce. Nogami went to America for a year to escape the negative press, and changed her stage name to just Yukana after coming back.

When Z Gundam: A New Translation came about, many of the main female characters had new seiyuu, and surprise, Yukana had the role of Four Murasame and Fujino was the sound director. It later came to light that Saeko Shimazu (according to her official website) was never properly contacted for an audition for the role of Four Murasame in the movies (and neither was Yuko Mizutani for her role as Sarah Zabiarov). Fujino gave the excuse that he tried to contact her at her home, but the proper way would be to go through her agent/management office. Tomino said that he was deceived by Fujino at one point, but in another interview he said he wanted new seiyuu for the female roles, despite roles like Reccoa Londe, Emma Sheen, and Beltorchika still having their respective original seiyuu.

So it may seem possible that Tomino may have wanted new seiyuu for some roles, but the facts surrounding Fujino still make him look quite suspicious, and there's also rumors of him using other seiyuu he's fond of in anime he works on. So who knows what his relationship was with Yuu Asakawa, who ended up as the new voice of Rosamia...

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2012-01-03 at 20:09.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 00:50   Link #2651
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
The world of Seiyuu is just like any other Entertainment Industry throughout the world, full of their own internal politics unseen to the mass public. Those hungry and desperate for success ill resort to any measures to get ahead including selling out their own bodies, blackmailing, backstabbings, etc.

So, that cute seiyuu you idolise might not have been so innocent as s/he have made herself out to be. s/he is human afterall.

Basically :-
it seems as though being a Seiyuu in Japan is something VERY VERY VERY BIG..
damn...
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 06:41   Link #2652
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

So the seiyuu world is like the actor world? i really don't see that as such a big scandal :x oh well, sorry for the off topic.
Old 2012-01-04, 12:52   Link #2653
danholo

I just finished watching SEED + Destiny. I compared the new HD version with the original and it only seemed like they cut the top and bottom of the scenes in the "remastered" one.
danholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 14:57   Link #2654
Washu-Chan