AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 14:54   Link #3481
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
How amusing because it's top or mid or adc that people bitch about the most on NA. I only play support or jungle now. For a combination of not trusting other players because a quick lolking.net check shows how many of them are lying, how many people suck at jungle support, because I want to win, but most of all, those are the roles I'm good at and I won't play a role I will lose the game in.

The reality is you have to be somewhat thick-skinned to survive in this game. You will find too many scumbags, trolls, liar and emos in any game and at any elo. You need to know how to figure out who's lying (lolking.net is your friend big time here), who's trolling and whether your team wants to win or not. The majority of matches are already won or lost at champ select. If you know someone took a role they will utterly fail at, or if people wouldn't stop pitching and intentionally double picked a role or a terrible team composition, you need to have the balls to dodge. There is no point playing with scum or in a match you know you can't win. Know when to walk away, keep yourself intact and hope the next time you queue that you get grouped with people that do want to play properly.
I got sick of doing support because I swear most ADC are ADDs. DONT TOUCH MY MOB, WHERE IS THE WARD (when we are both tower hugging cause he can't ADC their ADC), Ignore Wards. OMG why you go OP, OMG why didn't you stand in front CAIT ULT. YOU MUST FEED THE ADC OR ELSE, OMG KS, OMG WHY YOU BACK OMG SUPPORT USELESS OMG MID FEED OMG TOP FEED OMG NO GANK....

I just want to avoid the bot lane unless the bot lane is 2/0 doing well.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 16:02   Link #3482
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I haven't played Riven since the item overhaul, but her sustain used to come from the LS proc on her AAs after skilling out with wings - 3 hard strikes on 12% were enough. I mostly meet Jax in the jungle, all the Darius players I've encountered suck (or the champion matches up bad against most bruisers), Garen has trouble vs Riven because the latter can dash away from judgement and back into Garen, so that only leaves Olaf, really...
LS is more expensive now, and isn't as strong either. So it isn't as easy to rely on it during early game, and most bruiser tops have higher base stats and innate sustain. She also needs to hit creeps for this to work, and in a 2v1 lane you don't have that luxury if they are at all competent.

Jax still goes top more often the jungle, though he has been making more appearances in jungle then before. Darius players sucking don't change that he is a bad matchup for Riven, outplaying someone =/= Darius not being a bad match-up.

Garen should never have trouble with Riven, he is literally her hardest counter and can zone her out of CS range extremely easily if played at all competently. His Q counters her entire kit, and Spin + Courage will win him effectively every trade. He also has better base stats and sustain. Unless the Garen outright players it terribly, or the Riven gets babysat by their jungler, Riven cannot win this lane, she would be lucky to even stay in the lane.

Olaf is also an extremely common pick.

Quote:
Riven is not an AD caster, unlike Urgot or Pantheon, for example, who focus on CDR and mana for an increased number of skill casts over time. Riven's early-to-mid potential comes from well-timed auto-attacks between skills and thanks to her low cd ultimate (free AD and wound-scaling AoE strike), she can opt for a lower AD maximum than other champions, thus leaving room to invest in defense and utility.
Not sure how Riven auto-attacking suddenly makes her not an AD Caster, considering Riot's intent is for AD casters it to have them auto-attack between skills when possible. She is extremely reliant on her abilities to do anything, its the reason using hard CC-ing Riven effectively shuts her out of the team fight, which is another reason she isn't seen outside of Solo que. Coordinated teams will just obliterate her in team fights.

For the longest time, Riven was considered the only viable AD caster due to her passive more then anything. Everything scales off AD, she isn't a bruiser because her build really doesn't allow for tanky items, and her damage falls of incredibly hard if she doesn't build straight AD. Her ult is what keeps her a threat late game, it doesn't allow for her to build tanky just because it scales up her AD, its what keeps her viable into the end game.

A typical Riven's build nowadays is something like:

BT, BC, LW, GA, Boots 2, and a Hydra or another BT. That is more certainly not the build of a Bruiser.

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2013-01-10 at 16:20.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 16:10   Link #3483
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Nah they need to freakin nerf Irelia... I'm sick of her OP early game. Wasn't morde nerfed for that same reason?
I am not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... Irelia has awful time in most lanes until 5-7, and her sustain is much worse than Warwick who is much harder to push out of lane.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 20:31   Link #3484
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Irelia was OP, before she took a Morello to the knee :P.

Still <3 Relly though, she's my main top lane hero .

Irelia goes something like this:

1-4: Can't do shit so she just q farms whatever she can unless if it's like a Vlad, Nasus or Poppy who has an even weaker early game than her (but a stronger lategame).

5-7: She's about equal with most lane opponents at this point and can start trading.

Early midgame to Late midgame: This is where she shines and if she farmed well (which isn't hard to do against most laners since her q is one of the best farming abilities in the game) becomes imo the best anti-carry in the game (adc or ap mid killer) due to her stickiness (40% cc reduction from passive yo), high tankiness, and high dmg due to hiten style (which should be maxed by now, combined with some attack speed items).

Lategame +: Falls off a bit compared to her midgame, but contrary to what some whiners say, she's still does damage despite being mainly tanky due to her true damage. Instead of diving onto the enemy's carry though, she opts to feel for your carry and she still hurts a bit.

In S2, I usually went for a Trinity Force/Wits End/Guardian Angel build with mercs, with TF being the most important item. Sometimes I would just go for TF as my sole offense item and then the rest tank items (which is what pros typically did).

In S3 though after the nerf on TF/WE/GA, I opted to swap TF for iceborn gauntlet and would get a zephyr at some point in the game in every game. Seriously, zephyr is amazing on her because she makes use of every stat. It also allows her to get Ninja Tabi instead of mercs as zephyr also has the tenacity that mercs does, which allows her to get the OP 10% damage reduction from AD which is EXTREMELY useful lategame since thats where ad carries shine. Would also get WE most of the time since Irelia scales well with attack speed (due to hiten style) and on hit effects (in contrast she has rather poor AD scalings).

Typical S3 build for me would be something like Iceborn Gauntlet/Wits End/Zephyr/Ninja Tabi and 2 tank items, typically being spirit visage and omen (situational warmoggs if the other team has high amounts of true damage, which hp is the counter to). I get about 1.9 AS, 280 armor, 180 MR (with wits end stacks), near 40% CDR and 3.5k-4k hp with a full build irelia. Seriously, I think iceborn gauntlet is OP atm (its getting nerfed on PBE) because it shits on the Trinity Force Passive and it also gives you some tankiness (60 armor) and CDR (+10%). Sure you lose the 30% AS (the biggest loss for Irelia) and the 40 AP on Iceborn Gaunt is a waste, but then again the 30 AP + 10% crit on TF is a waste as well, and Iceborn Gaunt is a good 1.2k gold cheaper. Also with spirit visage, zephyr and Iceborn you get pretty much the CDR cap and I dunno about others, but I like having 9s hiten style cds with 1.9 Attack Speed (hiten style lasts for 6s), 3.5s dashes and 5s stuns and great tankiness.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 09:46   Link #3485
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for Blaze v Frost day 2:
Old 2013-01-11, 12:20   Link #3486
Kreceir

Images
One of the best Syndra Fan art I've found so far
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Bitter sweet Lulu

Images
Year of the snake Cassiopeia...(^^;)
Old 2013-01-11, 13:28   Link #3487
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

North American qualifiers for Season 3 about to start in..half an hour I think?

Edit: Yep, just started, stream on twitch.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-01-11 at 14:01.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 17:40   Link #3488
ShiroiRyu

Oh man, all the pictures are awesome.
But it's pixiv ? Or another source ?
In same time, the legendary skin of Kayle will be awesome !
Old 2013-01-11, 20:54   Link #3489
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wow, Miss Fortune has suddenly became one of the AD of choice in these Season 3 tournies so far. About time they realised what her teamfight shock and awe was capable of. ^^

The Curse v complexity game going on right now highlights how painful Kha'Zix, Miss Fortune and Ryze are at present. Ryze has been a real staple in Korea lately and it's come back into fashion in NA as well. Ryze's ability to snap someone with Muramana is scary...and yes, Ryze uses Muramana.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-01-11 at 21:44.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 01:15   Link #3490
Kreceir

Speaking about Ryze...
Old 2013-01-12, 06:48   Link #3491
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I wonder if you can still play Ryze with Muramana when the next patch hits and his overload mana cost increases with level. I for myself am more comfortable playing him with archangles. Ofc you don't have the dps of the Muramana but you don't run out of mana that easily either, and Muramana does that even with a lategame Ryze.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 07:45   Link #3492
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, if you can hog blue, muramana adds tons of damage on Ryze's output, especially since you'll also have 40% CDR. I tried it in a custom game and I managed to burn ~3k mana and go oom...on blue Still, so much damage it's not even funny.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 07:50   Link #3493
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That's the idea...once you get Muramana, in a decent team Ryze and co. will kill everyone before running out of mana matters.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:59   Link #3494
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

As it stands Muramana has been a horrible design fail then. It was supposed for manaheavy AD champs that have a relatively large mana pool (like Corki) but is pretty worthless on them as they still need their mana for their spells and their max mana is still not as high as to make the item viable damagewise.

Now the problem with Ryze being the only champion it works on is that they try to balance it out by nerfing the champion when it actually is the item that is broken (exclusively on the champion).

Bottom line, I think they need to redo Muramana completely.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 09:33   Link #3495
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Muramana is pretty standard on Kha'Zix, Jayce and Urgot as well as Ryze. Possibly Kayle and Pantheon as well. It isn't a fail item. S3 items were intended to be for specific champions rather than all.
Old 2013-01-12, 14:12   Link #3496
Kafriel
Senior Guest

First NA match just minutes away...and I have to wake up at 6 am on a Sunday <_<
Old 2013-01-14, 09:38   Link #3497
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Poor Sej

I just tried Shyanna and I am not going back

Shyanna has everything Sej has and more. T_T Now only if her ult is so hard to use (Keep knocking enemy team away from us)
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 10:43   Link #3498
Kreceir

Images
Bad ass Senjuani
Old 2013-01-14, 11:09   Link #3499
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Lacks an equally badass Bristle under her. Still cool :P
Old 2013-01-14, 11:13   Link #3500
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

At least her outfit is now more practical for her environment.

Tags
league of legends, lol