AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 05:18   Link #1241
sky black swordman

Just read the new chapter to see what everybody is so pissed out about. Man, I freaking hate Kaname!!
Kaname clearly wants Zero to regain his memories, so he can take care of Yuuki after he is gone. I wish he would leave Zero alone and let him find his own happiness.

Yuuki doesn't want to see Zero's face after what she did to him. What's wrong Yuuki, do you have a problem facing a victim of your owm selflessness ?

I wonder if Kaito injury is fatal. If so, it looks like Zero has another reason to hate Pure Bloods more.
Old 2013-02-23, 12:01   Link #1242
hero147

Just started reading VK again after a few years and I never realized there was so much Kaname hate on the forums. While I am not a Kaname fan, for all that he's done, I think all the hate is unjustified. From what I can tell, many Zero sympathizers are rather quick to judge his actions, which leads to a lot of misunderstanding.

Though learning about his intentions to protect the humans, I do think it was rather stupid of him to start a relationship with Yuki or be in her life at all. And am I the only one who doesn't feel sympathetic to Zero at all? Like I do get that he did have a traumatic background, but I often see him as a "pity me" kind of guy. Yes, shit happens, get over it.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 14:56   Link #1243
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wanna drop it, but I kinda want to see how it ends. I don't think the ending is gonna be good. Something tells me that Kaname is gonna go through with the sacrifice but he's gonna tell Yuki to go be with Zero and they'll try and sell it as some happy ending.

After all the melodrama I just wanna see how this mess is gonna end.
Old 2013-02-23, 23:51   Link #1244
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Just started reading VK again after a few years and I never realized there was so much Kaname hate on the forums. While I am not a Kaname fan, for all that he's done, I think all the hate is unjustified. From what I can tell, many Zero sympathizers are rather quick to judge his actions, which leads to a lot of misunderstanding.

Though learning about his intentions to protect the humans, I do think it was rather stupid of him to start a relationship with Yuki or be in her life at all. And am I the only one who doesn't feel sympathetic to Zero at all? Like I do get that he did have a traumatic background, but I often see him as a "pity me" kind of guy. Yes, shit happens, get over it.
sadly, thats expected especially in shoujo mangas.

also about yuki, well he did try to push her away already as we can see in the early parts, like making her see him feeding on that vampire girl(forgot name). but yuki kept on pressing and in addition he does like her, so it was bound to happen.

and no, your not the only one. its also due to how he's too much jerkish most of the time, like refusing to dance with that one girl or even being nice to people. while I think he should be given a break for all that happens, ive got to say some of those are things he had it coming...
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 18:52   Link #1245
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Yuuki : "That's something for me to decide, Kaname!"

..pfft

Anyway, new chapter is out.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 21:14   Link #1246
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I have no idea what is going on with this story. After Yuuki turned back into a vampire things just stopped making sense.
Old 2013-03-24, 22:41   Link #1247
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Yuuki : "That's something for me to decide, Kaname!"
What a fucking hypocrite. She took away Zero's memories and now she complains about her right to decide her own fate?

Just drop dead Yuuki. You're a total bitch.
Old 2013-03-24, 22:50   Link #1248
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I have no idea what is going on with this story. After Yuuki turned back into a vampire things just stopped making sense.
Quoting from a page back:
Quote:
Kaname saw how corrupt purebloods were so he decided to kill them all. In order to do this, he had to detach himself from everyone (Yuki in particular), so they wouldn't be caught up and blamed for the ensuing bloodshed. To help further this goal, he pretended to kill Aido's dad (which was possibly prearranged between them), which made everyone doubt him. Yuki tried to stop his crusade because A) she still had feelings for him and didn't want him to be like that, and B) so he could face justice for Aido's dad. This included protecting Sara, who was just very good at playing the role of the victim. (It's been said time and time again: purebloods are very charismatic.)

Then, when Kaname finally killed Sara, things went crazy. I don't know if he planned it or not, but the "parent", A.K.A. the heart of his original lover, recalled almost all weapons and pretty much went dormant or something. So Kaname decided to become the new "parent" using his own heart, which will result in his death. At the same time, Yuki, still having feelings for him and wanting him to face some measure of justice, decided she should make him human. By making him human, it would render him unable to do anything else, thus ending his tirade without killing him, which she still couldn't bring herself to do because she still loved him a certain degree. (In her defense, killing the person you love is a LOT harder than you'd think, no matter how crazy or evil they go.)

However, this would kill her, which would have a heavy impact on Zero. As such, she erased his memories of her, which apparently helped cure his thirst. (Trying to remember how that works, but probably has something to do with the seal the chairman set up at the start of the manga.) Then the chairman revealed all of Kaname's plans in front of Yuki, and this ultimately allowed him to finally ally with the hunters and reunite peacefully with Yuki. He still plans to become the new "parent", though. Yuki, in turn, realizes he's done everything to protect her since her "birth" as a human, and is now trying to talk him out of his sacrifice so they can FINALLY be together.

However, the other purebloods aren't too enthusiastic about Kaname's plan to die and create new weapons to kill vampires. As such, they're probably planning to kill him during this night, since someone mentioned "throwing your heart into a furnace tomorrow". In short, this is the final arc, and then all this convoluted-ness will be over.
And then Yuuki erased Zero's memories in order to 'protect him' and--- uh, I don't know much either. It's confusing as hell From what I gather Kaname is trying to make Yuuki a human again too while trying to sacrifice himself to become the weapon to kill vampires.

Old 2013-03-24, 23:12   Link #1249
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That's....incredibly convoluted. But the explanation makes sense, sorta. I guess the author was trying to go for a tragedy where everyone is sending mixed signals and never asks for or gives a straight answer to the madness. Success, I guess?
Old 2013-03-25, 04:20   Link #1250
Gundamx

Quote:
And then Yuuki erased Zero's memories in order to 'protect him' and--- uh, I don't know much either. It's confusing as hell From what I gather Kaname is trying to make Yuuki a human again too while trying to sacrifice himself to become the weapon to kill vampires.
More like to protected Kaname >>> So she can make him human since Zero will not let her sacrifice herself.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 02:48   Link #1251
sky black swordman

Spoiler for Chapter 92:

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-04-24 at 03:46.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 07:35   Link #1252
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 92:
The way it has been foreshadowed how Kaname will kill himself for a long time now I'm still guessing that Zero will sacrifice himself instead to act as plot twist but anyway, it's not like I'm actively following this anymore. For the las 15-20 chapters now Ive only been reading spoilers and maybe the last 3-5 pages of every third chapter or so. I just want to get this off my list
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 09:53   Link #1253
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
The way it has been foreshadowed how Kaname will kill himself for a long time now I'm still guessing that Zero will sacrifice himself instead to act as plot twist but anyway, it's not like I'm actively following this anymore. For the las 15-20 chapters now Ive only been reading spoilers and maybe the last 3-5 pages of every third chapter or so. I just want to get this off my list
Kanami fan will cry more since Zero can't sacrifice himself sine he is not pureblood
Old 2013-04-24, 11:03   Link #1254
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Kanami fan will cry more since Zero can't sacrifice himself sine he is not pureblood
Sorry to disappoint you kiddo but I'm no fan of anything related to this series anymore. I'm just trying to analyze the plot and why one character's impending doom has been repeated over and over again long before it happens.

Also, I can't remember in detail but didn't Zero have some connection to pureblood power somehow? Didn't he get blood from one or was bitten by one at one point or the other? If an author plans to to write a certain plot development he/she can always pull of some half-credible plot BS, it's not like these things didn't happen before.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 11:12   Link #1255
Gundamx

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you kiddo but I'm no fan of anything related to this series anymore. I'm just trying to analyze the plot and why one character's impending doom has been repeated over and over again long before it happens.

Also, I can't remember in detail but didn't Zero have some connection to pureblood power somehow? Didn't he get blood from one or was bitten by one at one point or the other? If an author plans to to write a certain plot development he/she can always pull of some half-credible plot BS, it's not like these things didn't happen before.
First, don't you like people who act like men(adult) but they are kid themselves? (mentality)

Second, just because human or vampire drink pureblood blood doesn't make him an equal to one or we will have many human / level E vampire / have same power as pureblood

normally it's pure blood bite you > you become level E > madness/mindless zombi
Level E drink it's blood > restore his mind

+
didn't that blond pureblood use her blood to control other vampire?
(You drink her blood and become her puppet)
Old 2013-04-24, 11:21   Link #1256
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Just dropping by to clarify, it's a she.

edit: and a picture, because I have nothing to do at the moment
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 08:24   Link #1257
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Since since this is the last arc, how many chapters more to go until the ending, approximately?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 08:53   Link #1258
Bern-san

Next month, in the June issue of LaLa published on May 24.
Old 2013-04-27, 09:04   Link #1259
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

What? One chapter to wrap up everything?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 09:12   Link #1260
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Next month, in the June issue of LaLa published on May 24.
Oh wow, I can see the ending will try to become philosophic and full of angst

Tags
manga