AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 11 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 32.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 15.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-19, 10:58   Link #81
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ok so you just added to my depression lol the outcome looks bleak for our plucky hero. If im reading what you wrote correctly.
the fact is i don't know what will happen to yuji, but right now it is looking very very bad for yuji and shana in the novels. the chance of a happy ending is slim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Because of exactly that: With the Reiji Meigo, Yuji is eternal. And what an eternity means is that anything and everything will happen to Yuji. At some point, maybe 20 years from now, maybe 100, something is going to go wrong, and somebody is going to take the Reiji Meigo, or Yuji is just going to use too much power. And as soon as he loses that, he loses the eternity.
This is subscribing to the "If you have an infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters, they will write every shakespeare play" theory.

AKA, the end of Yuji is already set. It's just delayed.
very true, the same goes for shana as well. that's why yuji decided to do what he is going to do
Old 2008-02-19, 11:01   Link #82
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Because of exactly that: With the Reiji Meigo, Yuji is eternal. And what an eternity means is that anything and everything will happen to Yuji. At some point, maybe 20 years from now, maybe 100, something is going to go wrong, and somebody is going to take the Reiji Meigo, or Yuji is just going to use too much power. And as soon as he loses that, he loses the eternity.
This is subscribing to the "If you have an infinite amount of monkeys with an infinite amount of typewriters, they will write every shakespeare play" theory.

AKA, the end of Yuji is already set. It's just delayed.
That's a lot of maybes, but it could happen. I doubt we'll be able to determine how he's going to disappear right now, though. Besides, in that 'period' of eternity, it's possible that someone out there could devise a spell to bring Yuuji back to life. Far-fetched, but it's a maybe too.

For now, I'll be contented with the novel spoilers and the pace at which the show is taking Yuuji.
Old 2008-02-19, 11:04   Link #83
BigGimp77

Actually I've had this question but haven't done any research...

Is it possible for someone who's already dead, like Yuji, to become a flame haze? I don't know the exact rules for becoming a flame haze.

That way if he lost the Reji Meigo, he could make a contract and have his state restored. But I'm thinking that is against the rules or w/e but I'm not sure.
Old 2008-02-19, 11:33   Link #84
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Actually I've had this question but haven't done any research...

Is it possible for someone who's already dead, like Yuji, to become a flame haze? I don't know the exact rules for becoming a flame haze.
He can't become a Flame haze as you need to be alive, but he can become something other then a Mystis.
Old 2008-02-19, 11:42   Link #85
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but... Why does Yuji need to be a flame haze? He's more powerful than a flame haze (power wise not skill wise, big difference there)... He's equivalent to being a Lord of Guze.

And saying Yuji's end is inevitable is like pointing out the obvious. Everyone will die eventually, even Shana, as much as I don't want to admit it. Then again Yuji can grow from 100,000 years of combat experience where no one short of a god can defeat him in combat. Any scenario is possible.
Old 2008-02-19, 11:56   Link #86
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

He's actualy equivalent to being a God of Guze. (Higher then Lord)
Old 2008-02-19, 12:04   Link #87
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
True which makes my point even better XP
Old 2008-02-19, 12:12   Link #88
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
That much, hmm? And yet he's still going to meekly go wherever this new guy tells him. I don't know what kind of threat he's going to use over the city to get Yuji's compliance, but it isn't too unreasonable to expect Yuji to instantly react by at the very least throwing up a Fuzetsu as a warning beacon to Shana, is it?
Old 2008-02-19, 12:14   Link #89
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yuji is inexperienced and unaware of his own capabilities, with time and experience, you'll see god Yuji lay waste to all who oppose with his loli queen by his side, lol
Old 2008-02-19, 12:51   Link #90
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but... Why does Yuji need to be a flame haze? He's more powerful than a flame haze (power wise not skill wise, big difference there)... He's equivalent to being a Lord of Guze.

And saying Yuji's end is inevitable is like pointing out the obvious. Everyone will die eventually, even Shana, as much as I don't want to admit it. Then again Yuji can grow from 100,000 years of combat experience where no one short of a god can defeat him in combat. Any scenario is possible.
Yeah. But I don't think it's possible to end the series without Yuji's disappearence. I think it's been said in the series that the tomogara will continue to come for all of eternity and continue to devour humans. That's just nature. So, since the main idea behind the series cannot be completed in a happy fashion, they'll have to have Yuji disappear to end the series and give it some kind of a conclusion.
Old 2008-02-19, 12:52   Link #91
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Yuji is inexperienced and unaware of his own capabilities, with time and experience, you'll see god Yuji lay waste to all who oppose with his loli queen by his side, lol
got to love how inevitabilities are not always what they appear to be. >_>

Quote:
Yeah. But I don't think it's possible to end the series without Yuji's disappearence. I think it's been said in the series that the tomogara will continue to come for all of eternity and continue to devour humans. That's just nature. So, since the main idea behind the series cannot be completed in a happy fashion, they'll have to have Yuji disappear to end the series and give it some kind of a conclusion.
What, and Shana, the protagonist of the show, ends up as another Pheles? That doesn't seem like the happiest of conclusions to me. o_0
Old 2008-02-19, 12:59   Link #92
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Tomogara's will exist regardless of Yuji's continued existence. I'm sorry but I'm sick of bitter endings, its like this trend that everyone wants to follow. Its been a really long time since there was a "happy" ending.

It doesn't have to end with Yuji's disappearance, the show is about Shana's and yuji's relationship, his couping with his existence is a plot device. Its completely possible to end it on a positive note. Yuji can continue to live protecting the world along side Shana, is that such a terrible way to end it? For all intents and purposes, the situation with Bal Masque is the main antagonist. Once thats dealt with, whatever happens is left to be told. Just because Yuji lives doesn't mean theres going to be a 3rd season, otherwise every story in existence is bound to continue.
Old 2008-02-19, 13:05   Link #93
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
I think it's been said in the series that the tomogara will continue to come for all of eternity and continue to devour humans.
true, but there is a possible solution (from current novels). so maybe they can have a happy ending.
Old 2008-02-19, 13:08   Link #94
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Whether Yuji dies or not, Tomogara will continue to exist, there is absolutely no point whatsoever for Yuji to disappear.

Unless you just want to see Shana sad and alone...
Old 2008-02-19, 13:12   Link #95
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Whether Yuji dies or not, Tomogara will continue to exist, there is absolutely no point whatsoever for Yuji to disappear.

Unless you just want to see Shana sad and alone...
but the series can end with both yuji and shana dead. so they wouldn,t be alone
Old 2008-02-19, 13:14   Link #96
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If the writers kill off Shana or make Shana sad and alone, the Shana fans will cry for blood and torch the building down... lol
Old 2008-02-19, 13:16   Link #97
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
If the writers kill off Shana or make Shana sad and alone, the Shana fans will cry for blood and torch the building down... lol
You can see into my mind???!!!
Old 2008-02-19, 13:22   Link #98
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Seriously, though, this show is the story about Shana and Yuji, everything else is a plot device.
Old 2008-02-19, 14:19   Link #99
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Seriously, though, this show is the story about Shana and Yuji, everything else is a plot device.
I'll completely disagree on this. To me, Shana and Yuji is a side story to the greater story of the world they live in. Their story is like Eowyn and Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. Not the main theme, just there.

Besides, who says that if Yuji disappears, Shana doesn't disappear as well? Yuji is captured by bal masque, they steal Reiju Maigo, Shana goes to destroy them, suceeds, but she is broken and dies.
Old 2008-02-19, 15:31   Link #100
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

A question of qualification...

Quote:
I'll completely disagree on this. To me, Shana and Yuji is a side story to the greater story of the world they live in. Their story is like Eowyn and Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. Not the main theme, just there.
A good way to put this in perspective would be to ask the following question: If [insert character(s)] is/are removed permanently in the next episode/chapter could the story continue in a coherent manner without major revision to the core plot direction?
Closed Thread