AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-26, 10:41   Link #1861
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Were there any stuff that were left unanswered throughout SEED and SEED Destiny?

Here's what I can think of:
  • Coordinators, as it stands currently, are an endangered species due to the 3rd gen. Coordinators being unable to reproduce
  • Lacus's fate at the end of Final Plus/4th TV movie (does she become Chairwoman of ZAFT?)
  • The meaning of the Whale fossil (discovered by George Glenn)
  • Cagalli's fate
  • More details about Lacus's and Cagalli's past
  • Are there any more clones of Al Da Flaga?

I think a good scenario for the next SEED project would be as follows:

Continuing where the Final Plus ending left off, Lacus would stand trial for her actions (specifically, high treason), and she was to be executed, but because of her position, she would be banished from the PLANTs, and would be exiled to Orb, where she can learn from Cagalli.

Meanwhile, sometime after Lacus's banishment, the PLANTs would erupt in a civil war between the pro-Patrick Zala loyalists and the pro-Lacus loyalists.
Old 2010-11-26, 17:24   Link #1862
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I dont agrre with those who says that's Kira fults if Destiny failed. I think, it's more Athrun fault than Kira's. Athrun had more screentime than him and for nothing. He made the same mistake than in the previous season etc...
While Athrun has a rather visible role he also clearly was a deuteragonist character throughout the whole series some of the time as a mentor at others a sidekick but clearly he was never intend to be the star. Shinn and Kira on the other hand started out as the protagonist and tritagonist respectively then mid way through the show flipped roles. The real problem wasn't any of the 3 though it was the lack of time spent on there story and instead wasted with clipping.

Quote:
Now, Kira has still a lot of potential. For exemple what about the ultimate coordinator project ? Kira is after all the only ultimate coordinator so why no one search for him ? What about Canard and Kira relationship ? etc...We need more development about the whole ultimate coordinator project. So I hope the film will be about that and not about again an EA against Zaft.
I see alot potential there too such not just with Kira Canard too such as who is Canard mother is from the way Via acted I can't believe it was the second time she had gone through with it and also what was that made him defective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Continuing where the Final Plus ending left off, Lacus would stand trial for her actions (specifically, high treason), and she was to be executed, but because of her position, she would be banished from the PLANTs, and would be exiled to Orb, where she can learn from Cagalli.

Meanwhile, sometime after Lacus's banishment, the PLANTs would erupt in a civil war between the pro-Patrick Zala loyalists and the pro-Lacus loyalists.
Except the Final Plus doesn't make much sense with this scenario I can't see Kira joining up with Zaft nor the Plant government allowing him to if Lacus is being banished. Also I have considered the possibilty of Kira going with Lacus and still doesn't make sense I can't see Zaft tolerating him in one of there elite commander uniforms since he never served if they were there to be sent into exile.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 18:39   Link #1863
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Judging from the Civilian's reactions in PLANT; I'd say that there's going to be alot of dissent under the surface... And no, Lacus isn't going to Learn from Cagalli because Cagalli is most likely going to be killed off in the event of the movie, because face it, she's the most expendable from the cast. What would likely happen is that the other council members might be putting poison in her tea, trying to kill her, etc. I just don't see how killing Lacus publicly will boost morale. Unless of course someone really exposes what she has done in the past two wars.

Quote:
Also I have considered the possibilty of Kira going with Lacus and still doesn't make sense I can't see Zaft tolerating him in one of there elite commander uniforms since he never served if they were there to be sent into exile.
Kira's never going to PLANT if this was a real scenario, but Lacus is chairwoman...She can install anyone in any position. And probably Kira is now a Faith Member or something.

Quote:
I see alot potential there too such not just with Kira Canard too such as who is Canard mother is from the way Via acted I can't believe it was the second time she had gone through with it and also what was that made him defective.
Canard probably isn't a Hibiki, like Kira is.He is only Kira's 'brother' because they were in the same project.

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2010-11-26 at 19:09.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 20:50   Link #1864
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Judging from the Civilian's reactions in PLANT; I'd say that there's going to be alot of dissent under the surface... And no, Lacus isn't going to Learn from Cagalli because Cagalli is most likely going to be killed off in the event of the movie, because face it, she's the most expendable from the cast.
Given that Naomi Shindo is rumored to be on bad terms with Morosawa, it's likely that she's gonna get McLeaned/dropped a bridge on her.

By killing off Cagalli, I think that it would affect both Athrun (especially) and Kira. But who would benefit from Cagalli's death, other than Morosawa?
Old 2010-11-26, 21:05   Link #1865
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
But who would benefit from Cagalli's death, other than Morosawa?
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 22:01   Link #1866
GundamFan

Quote:
Kira's never going to PLANT if this was a real scenario, but Lacus is chairwoman...She can install anyone in any position. And probably Kira is now a Faith Member or something.
Yeah I know Lacus could barely keep him from following her into space in Freedom I can't imagine anyway they could get him to join Zaft if Lacus was exiled.
I wonder how long though Kira will be able to keep his white uniform don't get me wrong he is a freakishly great pilot but he hasn't shown any real leadership qualities or skills and Lacus can only protect him so much.

Quote:
Canard probably isn't a Hibiki, like Kira is.He is only Kira's 'brother' because they were in the same project.
I don't know from what we have seen it seems quite possible Ulen believed his sperm was necassary to make the ultimate coordinator the man was a mad scientist afterall.

I have a idea of who else might want Cagalli dead there might be some surviving member of the Seiran family that want Cagalli dead either blaming her for there family's fall from power, believing her death would create an opening for them to regain power or both.
Old 2010-11-26, 22:36   Link #1867
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

On the other hand, Cagalli is still one of the Big 5 SEED characters (IMO, in the order of importance: Kira, Athrun, Lacus, Cagalli, and Shinn), and she's still popular, but not as Lacus, as well as the fact that Athrun X Cagalli were (and likely still is), the most popular couple in SEED, beating out Kira X Lacus, no matter what Fukuda/Morosawa says/spins around.

I forgot to mention: why is it that Cagalli's more likely to be killed off, in-story?
Old 2010-11-26, 23:31   Link #1868
kakakka

Quote:
I wonder how long though Kira will be able to keep his white uniform don't get me wrong he is a freakishly great pilot but he hasn't shown any real leadership qualities or skills and Lacus can only protect him so much.
He has a certain amount of charisma with him, that could work to an extent when he's dead serious about something.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 23:48   Link #1869
kenshinstyle

Kira can't even lead for f**k's sake. His reason for intervening in battles is cagalli is crying.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 00:34   Link #1870
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Kira can't even lead for f**k's sake. His reason for intervening in battles is cagalli is crying.
You didn't take that literally did you? Kira intervened because he thinks that Orb is locked in a battle that they want no part of, hence Cagalli is crying. But you're right. As Fllay and Lacus have demonstrated to us, Kira is at best, a follower.
Old 2010-11-27, 01:07   Link #1871
kenshinstyle

You do know that that is a very stupid decision right? What athrun said is completely and utterly right. The only way to solve that situation is that cagalli has to stop the orb government from participating the battle as Orb is actually willingly participating in the battle. Yet kira suggest to just step into the battle and attack both sides and magically expect everything to be resolved just like that? What is even stupidier is that the whole archangel crew agrees with kira including some orb soldiers. Are they even trained soldiers to be going along with that kind of action?

Kira and lacus' reason for intervening? To not hestiate, decide and take action. Sitting on your butts and doing nothing may not be the best course of action to take but doing reckless and stupid things are just going to worsen the situation which is exactly what archangel has done.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 01:33   Link #1872
kakakka

Quote:
The only way to solve that situation is that cagalli has to stop the orb government from participating the battle
That's true. Though, given Cagalli's character at the time, if she can't even persuade her members to consider not participate in the war before, I doubt she could make a difference when the Orb is already at war.
Old 2010-11-27, 09:14   Link #1873
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
He has a certain amount of charisma with him, that could work to an extent when he's dead serious about something.
I'm also not sure if Kira has the stomache for it either giving people the order to kill.
Old 2010-11-27, 09:16   Link #1874
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I'm also not sure if Kira has the stomache for it either giving people the order to kill.
Lacus has to be dead or half-dead before he utters the word 'kill everyone'
Old 2010-11-27, 09:23   Link #1875
GundamFan

Quote:
Lacus has to be dead or half-dead before he utters the word 'kill everyone'
Funny but I could see this being a problem for those serving under Kira it's great when your in a suit like the Freedom to avoid shooting the cockpit but you try doing that in a Ginn, Zaku, Gouf or Dom and your life expectancy is shorter then a red shirted ensign on an alien planet.
Old 2010-11-27, 09:41   Link #1876
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Funny but I could see this being a problem for those serving under Kira it's great when your in a suit like the Freedom to avoid shooting the cockpit but you try doing that in a Ginn, Zaku, Gouf or Dom and your life expectancy is shorter then a red shirted ensign on an alien planet.
Yeah that's sad, and the only person who can convince Kira to kill is... DEAD. Also all those problems in a Ginn, Zaku, Gouf or Dom would vanish because that person will sharpen Kira like a diamond... oh right, she's dead.
Old 2010-11-27, 11:44   Link #1877
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
In combat? He doesn't have to (nor anyone should have the stomach to to be a leader). The most he can (will likely) do is to order to limit the casualties.

And I don't believe he doesn't know people can still die even if he just disarms the mobile suit (or doesn't destroy it). I believe SEED and SEED Destiny have showed that Kira should know this very well.
Old 2010-11-27, 13:01   Link #1878
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
In combat? He doesn't have to (nor anyone should have the stomach to to be a leader). The most he can (will likely) do is to order to limit the casualties.
I gotta disagree even at the end of GSD Kira was still enough of a moon eyed optimist I could see him giving the order to forces under him to engage but not to use lethal forces it's alot more doubtful whether those serving under him would follow that part of orders though.

Quote:
And I don't believe he doesn't know people can still die even if he just disarms the mobile suit (or doesn't destroy it). I believe SEED and SEED Destiny have showed that Kira should know this very well.
I agree he knows people can still die when trying to just disarm however that doesn't mean he isn't going to keep trying to limit the casualties on the other side and get some of his own men needlessly because of it.
Old 2010-11-27, 22:04   Link #1879
monster

Has any of you ever seen Kira tell other people how to fight? Of course you haven't, because that's not how Kira works in general (I'm sure there may be specific exceptions). He doesn't expect other people to do what he does. For now, the most I can see Kira do as far as telling other people how to fight, if he were in direct command of a squad, is to tell his people not to chase a retreating enemy if that's not the mission.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 18:42   Link #1880
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Has any of you ever seen Kira tell other people how to fight? Of course you haven't, because that's not how Kira works in general (I'm sure there may be specific exceptions). He doesn't expect other people to do what he does. For now, the most I can see Kira do as far as telling other people how to fight, if he were in direct command of a squad, is to tell his people not to chase a retreating enemy if that's not the mission.
True we have never seen Kira tell others how to fight however other then that very brief mickey mouse command he had as an orb admiral we have never seen him in a position where he would have the authority to tell others how to fight either so the lack of evidence doesn't really prove anything since he also has lacked any real oppurtunity do it as well.
Then there is the other issue he is going to face if anything at all about his service record comes out it's going to be determental to the confidence people have in him since he has essentialy jumped from ensign to a command officer.