AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-01, 08:28   Link #1061
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I thought they haven't updated in years?
That's what I thought.....

Minato from Sekirei for damn sure deserves to be on that list
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 08:51   Link #1062
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
No, absolutely not. Ganguro isn't about makeup, it's about going to tanning parlours all the time to fry themselves like a chicken (very fitting in an anime with a "chicken" theme).
Ganguro also often bleach their hair to a bright blonde, which is also the case with Nakuru. She really *is* a typical ganguro.
Real life photo:
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ei:Ganguro.jpg

Ganguro which additionally wear makeup are called "Yamamba".
My bad. I always confuse Yamamba with Ganguro. Either way, she could very easily just be dark skinned, as it is common in anime. As for the hair color... you do realize we have green, orange, pink, and purple hair here as well, right? It's the standard "differentiate characters with radial hair colors" treatment.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 11:46   Link #1063
yourfriendrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
That greeting her fan club has is great.
The pelvic motions had obvious meaning. Was I missing some kind of Japanese pun with her name? It would be great if "Nakuru" was Japanese for "penetrate" or something like that.

You could do something similar with a British character named "Roger."
yourfriendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 13:35   Link #1064
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I suspect someone f'd up the episode shuffle, sorta like they did with Kampfer, They showed 14 before 13, and 13 happens right after 12..heh

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 18:30   Link #1065
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 13

Ah, Narumi-chan. I fell in love with you ever since your beautyful legs wrapped around my precious brain like a vice grip. Why did you have to show up so late?

While I'm not going to get into herself for now (Midonin brought the perfect example in Linda from Rio Rainbowgate.... who is a robot), but I still stand by what I truly felt before: I think this would have been better suited right after ep 06, as not only was she finally introduced in that ep, but since it wrapped up Usami's intro story, ep 13 showed that Narumi was rather on good terms with Kureha and Usami. I bring this up because Usami's reaction to Subaru definitely felt pre-Punyuru, and not to mention ep 07 (that beach ep) showed us that Kureha and Usami and Narumi were already in their own little group. While I'm not peeved overall (heck at least we got this ep 13), it really does look like this ep would fit right there after ep 06 as well.

But whatever! Narumi got a lot of screentime, and that's the Yukikaze Panettone I always wanted. Big ones, those ears, that voice.... ah, where's my Dog Days Season 2..... damn you Jirou getting rubbed on by those big ones

Usami bathing! Whoooohoooo I get both Narumi and Usami goodness in one ep!

Now, I feel some of you are a little on harsh on Narumi regarding her sunglasses save when she jumped off the roof. To be honest, it's not a stupid thing to do. Coming from me, that says a lot But more importantly, how strange is that? Obviously she has priorities, in the same way that joke went when there's a fire in a house, the first thing a guy does is run for his life, and the wife runs for her jewelry. .....er, I think I got that wrong but the point I'm saying, is that what she has (her glasses), she cared very much about more than what she was trying to get (Subaru photos). Never, ever knock on a person for caring about something. Or was the saying like.... "A man who has something he cares about is more scarier than a man who has nothing".... nvm

Another thing of note, which I'm not sure others have seen. I really don't think Narumi's going to hang onto this BL thing of hers. Like Usami, I think she's going to change as well in regards to how she views boys. See, the way I saw it, was that currently she's in this BL phase, but when she finally got confessed to, she got confused. Leave it to the plot to have her seek advice from the nearest male, but with her reaction to the cool Jirou, and her time limit to her BL endeavors (since the new semester just started), it's not hard to see she's very much going to change like Usami has, and if they ever go at a second season, this is something I hope is touched on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
The poster previews of the next Megami and Nyantype are out, and I foresee that mangatron is going to lose a lot of blood over the Mayo Chiki posters!
Translation:

Crow: Hey mangatron, new Mayo Chiki posters! They're thumbnails though
mangatron: Ohhh, I gotta see this! *clicks*
mangatron: What the heck, no blood is coming out. Maybe because.... RESOLUTION IS TOO SMALL I NEED TO SEE BIGGER 1'S *frantically scrambles for a microscope*

Gotta love the first comment there. "Weak selection." What the heck man? They can't cram every series in there. Obviously they are closing out the Summer and bringing in some Fall, so just enjoy the skin girls :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for nyantype NSFW:
*gush*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Ooh.... looks like there's no need for me to post anything
as usual, you've already done an amazing job!

Guess I'll only restrict myself to provide a few stitches then:
No need to post anything lol. At least you post the stitches, I'm currently unable to accomplish that

But look at Narumi's legs! I didn't get enough of those pantyhose covered legs... I'd say that ranks as my most crushed expectation of this series

Quote:
Spoiler for final thoughts:
Better than HnA lol.... well at least that is getting an OVA, right?

Your ratings for first half/second half of this series is spot on though, echoing my thoughts exactly. Except....I NEVER GOT TO SEE KUREHA'S MOM WHAT THE HECK LOL

Quote:
P.S - Mangatron, are you still keeping tabs? I win right ?
browsing during office hours......

But....lol... I refuse to accept defeat! I can't have lost! Your bet is invalid! Because I did get to see her pantsu! *runs*

Ahem.... until the Blu-rays finish their run, this bet isn't over yet! *runs off crying for his Mercelida mommy*

Quote:
P.S - Lol, it's that 'mysterious girl' in the eye catcher...
Finally you mentioned her. I thought you had forgotten her. But weren't you the one who was unsure of her gender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She is washing the wrong side of Subaru's body....
Let me get this straight. You see 2 girls bathing, no towels and all, and the first thing you quip about is improper bathing procedure? You don't mention those big ones, or the red and blue police siren eyes, or those conveniently placed soap suds, or the shiny skin, or the bamboo fence in the background, no you just had to mention that Kanade is washing Subaru's back instead of her front.

Pervert
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 21:28   Link #1066
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
No, most on the list did include some kind of conclusion, which was basically to just share or the guy did have interest in someone and the others basically couldn't give a crap and still went after him...the only ones with Status Quo is god is probably SnO, but its pretty obvious it will end in Harem as well. As far as being illegal...you don't HAVE to get married you know....and most of the time when it does involve marriage, it has some kinf of pass....like in Tenchi the marriage being politics.

As far as Mayo Chiki....what I'm saying is that the author can sway the story to harem if they want to. The opportunity is there....since Kanade is of high social standings, she can literally CLAIM all of them and there is your legal Harem....But in all honesty, don't be surprised if this series also ends in Status Quo is God....even though folks hate it....it keeps the shippers at bay
The way I see it, sharing the guy is the status quo considering that is what is happening already and generally not giving a crap is still like the status quo in the end that sort of conclusion leaves the battle going on or at least all the relationships. Judging from my of the modern day harems, the Tenchi solution seems the most unlikely.

But yeah what I'm saying for the case of Mayo Chiki while perhaps the author initial plan was for Subaru and Jirou to end up together that could easily change. Like you pointed out, since Kanade has the influence, it might probably end in HER harem instead of his and that would be a 'good' conclusion. As for this series I have no expectations on the final conclusion you find that you will be more satisfied by the end of the run that way. It sucks when your ship doesn't make the short list so don't have a ship.

Ironically I find myself caught in the first girl wins syndrome in almost all series I follow no matter whether I like the other girls more meh...
Old 2011-10-02, 09:33   Link #1067
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well.... I enjoy Subaru-Jirou-Kanade relationship in this anime.... others are not really interesting for me.... lol

7/10 overall

the last episode.... Nakuru is so moe~~ (why should they put this in last episode?? they must put it earlier)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 18:36   Link #1068
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well it was a not bad series overall, to my surprise tho the last did end up being my favortie simply cause Narumi is my favorite character, simple reasons for simple minds to go along with a simple series.

Some good fun to be had here
Old 2011-10-04, 03:09   Link #1069
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I finally managed to finish to see all the latest episodes..

i give to this show 8/10

The best Character for me, naturally is Ojou-sama...for everything she has done...

Theory to be crazy..........: i hope, in the end is KanadexJirouxSubaru...becouse is easy to see that Kanade like Jirou but she also (love) Subaru..and then she not get in the way and help the two of them becoming a couple...the same thing is for Subaru, she love Jirou,but she also (love) Kanade..and she don't want to leave her alone.....

Haaaaaa....I give a Mangatron 10/10 for all picture of Kanade..... thanks
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 03:11   Link #1070
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

That would be a fine ending but what off the other 2 girls, Masamune and Nukuru... damn I hate watching harems and yet its my favourite genre to watch oh the irony
Old 2011-10-04, 12:50   Link #1071
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Guy who gets all the girls?

Gadz you guys forgot Happy Lesson! Remember how it ends?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 21:44   Link #1072
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

This show mediocre, but satisfying. I think it deserves an 8.1/10
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 23:27   Link #1073
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
well.... I enjoy Subaru-Jirou-Kanade relationship in this anime.... others are not really interesting for me.... lol
That. Plus Rabbit Girl's tsundere-ness. <3

===

And the most annoying word throughout the series -- everytime Chicken goes: "Huh?"

Last edited by Kyuu; 2011-10-05 at 02:07.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 09:38   Link #1074
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

ok so i havent had internet in over a week but i can finnaly say it now.....

I hated Nakuru thoughout the whole show, and i mean hated her,
But that one scene with the glasses falling off in the last episode was the most..........ugh...it was the most...............GODDAMIT I CANT THINK OF THE WORD TO DESCRIBE THAT!!!!

It was just so moe i almost started to like her
Old 2011-10-05, 18:23   Link #1075
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it was surprisingly solid as a show. i don't think anyone was expecting the great thing, but the main couple had enough chemistry to drive the series forward along with Kanade's antics. its a solid B show.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 00:32   Link #1076
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Well if sekerie got another season this one should definaetly have one! judging from the novels theres alot of romance stuff going on tht we didnt get this season
Old 2011-10-12, 00:35   Link #1077
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I just watched all 13 subbed episodes... I definitely agree that this should get a second season.
Old 2011-10-13, 22:07   Link #1078
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Cm Corp's Subaru Kotone

Release Date: January 2012
Price: 8800 yen

ALPHAMAX 1/7 Subaru Konoe Swim Suit ver

Release Date: February 2012
Price: 6800 yen
Cast off: YES!!!
Old 2011-10-13, 22:09   Link #1079
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
Well if sekerie got another season this one should definaetly have one! judging from the novels theres alot of romance stuff going on tht we didnt get this season
What the heck that's suppose to mean?

Sekirei deserved its second season, and deserves another....

Blu Ray sales don't lie.
Old 2011-10-14, 08:25   Link #1080
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Subaru was never really a fav, I did like her tho mostly when she had her hair down and so with that said that ALPHAMAX 1/7 Subaru Konoe Swim Suit ver is just "hhhhnnnnngggg"

Reason why I wanted more Punyuru-chan!

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen