AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2014-01-02, 12:48   Link #4321
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Images
Not-so-sweet Embrace
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Scratch what I said about Sankt Kaiser Vivio's blows and military training, then. Even so, do you think that Sayaka has the capabilities to get past those barriers.
Can Sayaka destroy those barriers? Who knows. That's pure speculation since there's nothing in the Madoka universe comparable to those types of barriers. At least nothing that I'm aware of.

Could Sayaka get around those barriers? Yes, I'm inclined to think so. I mean, at least there's some chance that Sayaka will get a bit lucky and get around the barrier. I don't think I've ever seen one of those barriers go all the way around a person, covering every possible avenue of attack. Which makes sense, since those barriers are typically for blocking long-range blasts and joust-style charges.

I really think you're being overly biased in the Nanoha vs. Sayaka discussion, and all you're doing is considering Nanoha's best performances without really considering her worst performances (losing repeatedly to Fate in the first Nanoha season, losing to Vita).

Please try to be a little bit more fair and balanced in assessing both sides of a conflict. I think you're overestimating Nanoha a little bit, and really selling Sayaka short. Sayaka showed great resolve in her battle against Kyouko, and Sayaka's tactics aren't necessarily as simplistic as you think (but unfortunately, I'd have to site spoiler material to fully get into that).

Besides, I already stated that Nanoha would win a solid majority against Sayaka (7/8 out of 10). What more do you want? Is it really that hard for you to give Sayaka some credit at least? Given kid!Nanoha's far from perfect combat record, it shouldn't be that hard to accept that Sayaka would win a couple fights out of 10 against her. Nanoha's still winning a solid majority, in my view. So it's not like I'm not giving Nanoha a lot of credit; I am giving her a lot of credit.
Old 2014-01-02, 14:37   Link #4322
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Can Sayaka destroy those barriers? Who knows. That's pure speculation since there's nothing in the Madoka universe comparable to those types of barriers. At least nothing that I'm aware of.

Could Sayaka get around those barriers? Yes, I'm inclined to think so. I mean, at least there's some chance that Sayaka will get a bit lucky and get around the barrier. I don't think I've ever seen one of those barriers go all the way around a person, covering every possible avenue of attack. Which makes sense, since those barriers are typically for blocking long-range blasts and joust-style charges.
There are two answers to that. The entire purpose of Barrier Jackets is to serve as Magical Barriers on their own. Otherwise, the risk Fate takes when she uses Sonic Form is identical to the risk she takes otherwise. If you want an example of how barriers can cover every avenue of attack, look at Nanoha the Movie 1st manga chapter 9 Page 21.

If you want an example of someone getting around Nanoha's frontal barriers and say, attacking her in a vital blind spot, look at the above manga chapter 8 pages 17-18 where Fate gets into Nanoha's blind spot where there is no barrier, and is easily caught and forced back.

Quote:
I really think you're being overly biased in the Nanoha vs. Sayaka discussion, and all you're doing is considering Nanoha's best performances without really considering her worst performances (losing repeatedly to Fate in the first Nanoha season, losing to Vita).

Please try to be a little bit more fair and balanced in assessing both sides of a conflict. I think you're overestimating Nanoha a little bit, and really selling Sayaka short. Sayaka showed great resolve in her battle against Kyouko, and Sayaka's tactics aren't necessarily as simplistic as you think (but unfortunately, I'd have to site spoiler material to fully get into that).
*shudder* Sorry…hearing "fair and balanced" kinda gets to me…
Actually, I was considering Pre-A's Nanoha so I did look at her losing to Vita and like I said earlier, it took Vita going at full force to break her barrier. In terms of Nanoha losing to Fate all those times…remember that she was a neophyte fighting against someone who had been trained since birth.
Sorry if I can't remember any of her tactics from Rebellion. I was more focused on what was going on and I really don't want to watch the cam-rips. However, pure resolve means nothing if you don't have the capability to back it up. I really think you're overestimating Sayaka. Honestly, I don't want to start citing OBD Statistics in this argument...

Quote:
Besides, I already stated that Nanoha would win a solid majority against Sayaka (7/8 out of 10). What more do you want? Is it really that hard for you to give Sayaka some credit at least? Given kid!Nanoha's far from perfect combat record, it shouldn't be that hard to accept that Sayaka would win a couple fights out of 10 against her. Nanoha's still winning a solid majority, in my view. So it's not like I'm not giving Nanoha a lot of credit; I am giving her a lot of credit.
You do realize that I was generally speaking in terms of if they were fighting in HN Elly (Kirsten)'s labyrinth, right? Where Nanoha doesn't hold the flight advantage since Sayaka would be able to fly as well, right? 9YO Nanoha had a far from perfect combat record because she had just started to come to terms with magic. At the end of season 1, she was practically even with Fate. Plus, if Sayaka doesn't have the flight advantage, all Nanoha has to do is fly up into the sky where Sayaka can't reach and start using bombarding relentlessly with magic that has high blast radii. I really don't think that can be count that as Sayaka having much of a chance. Believe me, I'm trying to give Sayaka a chance. It's just that her combat record and feats don't exactly favor her. The only thing she has going for her is her high regeneration speed, agility, and tenacity.

Is there anywhere else we can take this debate? It's starting to get a bit off-topic in relation to this thread...
Old 2014-01-04, 03:32   Link #4323
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

The (comedy) doujins below all take place after the third movie.
Images
684x2010 Homura's new outfit
Images
684x2010 Homura confronts her 'team'
Images
684x1005x5 Homura's new 'team-mate'
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 00:07   Link #4324
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Spoiler for Even with an exponential time loop powerup similar to how Madoka got stronger, that's too much...:

Last edited by bhl88; 2014-01-09 at 14:25.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 00:17   Link #4325
Triple_R
*Author

Mami Tomoe, as you've never seen her before...

Old 2014-01-12, 06:17   Link #4326
EroKing

Old 2014-01-13, 15:54   Link #4327
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
@Triple_R: If Sayaka can summon musical circles to jump and propel herself up in the air, then yeah.

Last edited by bhl88; 2014-01-14 at 13:26.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 11:55   Link #4328
DKN117

Nightmares! For everyone!

DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 04:43   Link #4329
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Snip

Argh ! Please spoiler it for those who don't want to see this monstrosity! I must now cleanse my mind of this most abominable sight!
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 13:47   Link #4330
Triple_R
*Author

Sayaka showcases one of the many uses of a cape...

Old 2014-01-19, 14:29   Link #4331
EroKing

Old 2014-01-22, 14:48   Link #4332
Gx Hero
Rambler

Here are some neat madoka pictures I found. Sorry for posting so many at once

Uninterupted time with Madoka

The madoka Cards

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx

Last edited by Gx Hero; 2014-01-28 at 19:05. Reason: so I don't double post
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 14:11   Link #4333
MartianMage

For size:
Images
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 20:15   Link #4334
Virotox

Quote:
snip
are we talking Rebellion!Sayaka or pre-Madokami?

and then are we including the chance of Octavia popping up?
Virotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 05:15   Link #4335
MartianMage

Mado Homu <3
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-02-01, 20:32   Link #4336
Triple_R
*Author

Here's an interesting OC character design that I came across during a Google image search...

Images

What do people think? Anybody want me to write her into my PPPL fanfic?
Old 2014-02-02, 08:15   Link #4337
Sayaka's sandbag

Behold the Limited Edition of Rebellion's Blu-ray and DVD cover in all of it's glory!!!

Last edited by Sayaka's sandbag; 2014-02-03 at 14:46.
Sayaka's sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 08:39   Link #4338
GDB

Isn't that just the limited edition cover?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 13:01   Link #4339
MartianMage

Final Fantasy Tactics crossover. If you're wondering who's the monk... I believe it's one of their classmates. One of the few who talked to Homura when she transferred in.
Old 2014-02-03, 07:58   Link #4340
HinataShou

HinataShou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, madoka magica