Notices

Old 2013-09-11, 06:01   Link #1741
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Spoiler for scans:
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 10:34   Link #1742
darktruth

A whole bunch of exclusive merchandises I got in yesterday, all mainly from the the 3D re-release of the first film.

Spoiler:

More photos

Conversation's deep
When you talk to yourself
There's no way to cheat
Cause you know you can't be no one else…
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 12:10   Link #1743
GDB

How'd you get ahold of all of that? I've been trying to find a way to get an ufoTABLE Cafe recipe book (loved their Kiritsugu burger) without breaking the bank, but the cheapest I've been able to find was nearly $100 after all the various fees and shipping costs.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 23:01   Link #1744
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Spoiler for Moar scans (low quality):

The movie's ending theme, Alleluia, has been leaked too. (Sample)
Old 2013-11-25, 09:18   Link #1745
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So when will Mirai Fukuin be out on DVD?
Old 2013-11-25, 13:21   Link #1746
Horse

February 19.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 10:56   Link #1747
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

New Year's Illustrations

You will not regret checking these out.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 03:23   Link #1748
YISUG

what is the best
watch the movies by release date
or by story order?
YISUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 04:12   Link #1749
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Release date.
Old 2014-02-14, 08:06   Link #1750
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Story order.
Old 2014-02-14, 09:49   Link #1751
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
New Year's Illustrations

You will not regret checking these out.
There is something unrelentingly hot about Shiki in yukata.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 08:13   Link #1752
Horse

If you're watching for the first time you should definitely watch them the way they were released. I don't know why you would do it any other way.

PS. Surprisingly, I didn't care about Mirai Fukuin one bit. And ugh... so glad they didn't start using the triangular Takeuchi designs until the Epilogue chapter.

Last edited by Horse; 2014-02-21 at 08:39.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 12:59   Link #1753
Shadow5YA

The story was effectively done with Chapter 7 - Murder Speculation Part 2.

This is just adding even more details to make it a happier ending. For example, when Seo told Mikiya he would "die" and he opted out of hearing the details believing was "something important" he had to do, that was referencing Chapter 7 when he got stabbed by Lio while trying to reach Shiki.

Then there's the whole... you know, Shiki being a mom
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 00:14   Link #1754
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The story was effectively done with Chapter 7 - Murder Speculation Part 2.

This is just adding even more details to make it a happier ending. For example, when Seo told Mikiya he would "die" and he opted out of hearing the details believing was "something important" he had to do, that was referencing Chapter 7 when he got stabbed by Lio while trying to reach Shiki.

Then there's the whole... you know, Shiki being a mom
Spoiler:

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 21:03   Link #1755
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Just finished Extra Chorus. It's a wonderful way to appreciate the fans, and I actually enjoyed it more than I expected to. I particularly liked Fujino's segment.
Old 2014-03-02, 22:40   Link #1756
Shadow5YA

I laughed at how remorseless Mikiya was about dumping Azaka to hang out with Shiki. He didn't even bat an eye

The man knows what he wants.
Old 2014-03-03, 02:02   Link #1757
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
If you're watching for the first time you should definitely watch them the way they were released. I don't know why you would do it any other way.
Funnily enough, the few hundred people I know in everyday life that have seen Garden of Sinners unanimously agree on seeing it in timeline order. I - as well as all of them - think that starting with Overlooking View is a cataclysmic mistake. It is the one flaw in an otherwise top echelon creation. Murder Speculation Part A/And Nothing Heart... is where everything effectively begins, has the critical characterisation, motivations and plot to give a reason to care. Being dumped into Overlooking View really damaged a lot of interest people I know IRL had in the movies and it took them until about Paradox Spinal to get it back. Whereas I, by accident, saw Murder Speculation Part A first and love the films to pieces from the moment I started watching them..
Old 2014-03-03, 08:20   Link #1758
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Funnily enough, the few hundred people I know in everyday life that have seen Garden of Sinners unanimously agree on seeing it in timeline order. I - as well as all of them - think that starting with Overlooking View is a cataclysmic mistake. It is the one flaw in an otherwise top echelon creation. Murder Speculation Part A/And Nothing Heart... is where everything effectively begins, has the critical characterisation, motivations and plot to give a reason to care. Being dumped into Overlooking View really damaged a lot of interest people I know IRL had in the movies and it took them until about Paradox Spinal to get it back. Whereas I, by accident, saw Murder Speculation Part A first and love the films to pieces from the moment I started watching them..
While it's true that the main couple's story begins in Murder Speculation Part 1, several recurring characters (Azaka, Touko, etc) are also missing, along with Shiki's trademark Mystic Eyes.

The problem with Overlooking View is that it truly is a just a vanilla, tip of the iceberg entry into the series, so if even if you were to view it in the middle, you wouldn't get anything but a weak hiccup that interrupts the smooth flow of story progression for the rest of the series. Perhaps it's because Overlooking View doesn't have much to offer that it should be viewed first, so that it's out of the way and doesn't stop the stride that begins in Murder Speculation.
Old 2014-03-03, 10:06   Link #1759
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
While it's true that the main couple's story begins in Murder Speculation Part 1, several recurring characters (Azaka, Touko, etc) are also missing, along with Shiki's trademark Mystic Eyes.

The problem with Overlooking View is that it truly is a just a vanilla, tip of the iceberg entry into the series, so if even if you were to view it in the middle, you wouldn't get anything but a weak hiccup that interrupts the smooth flow of story progression for the rest of the series. Perhaps it's because Overlooking View doesn't have much to offer that it should be viewed first, so that it's out of the way and doesn't stop the stride that begins in Murder Speculation.
I prefer Blood Orange to Vanilla any day.

Watching Overlooking View 4th actually gives you a reason to care because without it, you spend it all wondering 'Who on earth is this guy in a coma? Furthermore, why am I supposed to care?' I didn't have that big an issue with it as other people I know locally because of that. Why would you start with the weakest link? With the attention span/patience I see in most people those days, Overlooking View would permanently kill off the interest of too many people by today's standards.

Also, seeing Touko before her awesome introductory moments in The Hollow is a real low blow. I found that integral to liking her along with the similarities The Hollow provided with Aoko and Shiki in Tsukihime.

But most of all, I'm not kidding about how many people I know locally that were confused/ticked off by Overlooking View, then saw Murder Speculation Part A the same time I started out with Garden of Sinners because a close friend told me to wait for the 2nd movie. When we all watched Murder Speculation Part A, most of the people walked up to me and went 'You lucky bastard. You got to enjoy this while we got screwed by the first movie. You have no idea how much some of us want to hurt you right now.'

And that is a major part of why I will always tell people to start with Murder Speculation Part A. When people threaten serious bodily harm in droves over Overlooking View, you tell people to start with Murder Speculation Part A for your own good.
Old 2014-03-03, 12:01   Link #1760
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I prefer Blood Orange to Vanilla any day.

Watching Overlooking View 4th actually gives you a reason to care because without it, you spend it all wondering 'Who on earth is this guy in a coma? Furthermore, why am I supposed to care?' I didn't have that big an issue with it as other people I know locally because of that. Why would you start with the weakest link? With the attention span/patience I see in most people those days, Overlooking View would permanently kill off the interest of too many people by today's standards.

Also, seeing Touko before her awesome introductory moments in The Hollow is a real low blow. I found that integral to liking her along with the similarities The Hollow provided with Aoko and Shiki in Tsukihime.
While I won't deny Overlooking View is a weak entry because those are all valid points, are you really advocating viewing the entire series chronologically, even with the addition of Mirai Fukuin and Extra Chorus into the mix now?
Those entries complicate things, since if you really want to view the series chronologically, you would have to divide the movie and Extra Chorus into at least three different sections.

It sounds more like you just want to make an exception specifically for Overlooking View.

Quote:
But most of all, I'm not kidding about how many people I know locally that were confused/ticked off by Overlooking View, then saw Murder Speculation Part A the same time I started out with Garden of Sinners because a close friend told me to wait for the 2nd movie. When we all watched Murder Speculation Part A, most of the people walked up to me and went 'You lucky bastard. You got to enjoy this while we got screwed by the first movie. You have no idea how much some of us want to hurt you right now.'

And that is a major part of why I will always tell people to start with Murder Speculation Part A. When people threaten serious bodily harm in droves over Overlooking View, you tell people to start with Murder Speculation Part A for your own good.
But... it doesn't sound like your friends suggested to watch Murder Speculation Part 1 first. It sounds more like they're telling you not to watch Overlooking View separately on its own and to marathon it with Murder Speculation.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2014-03-03 at 13:03.

Tags
action, harem, type moon