AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-18, 11:47   Link #581
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
And I have said the same thing each and every time someone says Suzaku is a hypocrite. Lelouch is one too. Didn't he want to take on those who abuse their power? And what does he do most of the time? Abuse his power. He said he was going to help the JLF... and he ends up destroying it. People yell at Suzaku for wanting to be a martyr, and yet Lelouch, being the sore loser that he often is, wanted Euphie to shoot him when she set up the SAZ. So yeah, again, why do people like Lelouch and bash Suzaku?

I lol'd. Lelouch lucked out just as much (if not more) than Suzaku did. Lelouch even said that he was just a living corpse before he got the Geass (which me just happened to run into.) No... Lelouch had even bigger coincidences. He stumpled upon C.C., who gave him the Geass, and the same group of people he uses as his personal army were the same ones that stole C.C. Are you going to say that isn't luck? How about this. If it wasn't for Suzaku, Nunnally would have been blown to pieces by Mao. So it goes both ways so your excuse is meaningless.

Right. So instead of NOT playing by Britannia's rules he is going to be just as heartless and conniving as they are when it involves the enemy. Good work.

You know, I don't have to take the staffs view points as dead on fact. I obviously have a different interpretation than they do. Did he want to die? Sure. Is that the ONLY reason he is doing what he does? Definitely not. I think it is just a small part of it that is run by his guilt for murdering his father.

That was what I meant. If it came out differently, then my bad.

And Lelouch hasn't started massacres or sacrificed people? It works both ways I am afraid. If you are going to condemn Suzaku for being on Britannia's side, then you should condemn Lelouch for being no better than Britannia.

Neither did Lelouch before he got the Geass. So what is your point? The fact is, NOW he is doing something. Ever since he got the Lancelot he started doing something. How else do you think he came upon a situation. He IS starting to change Britannia from the inside. The fact that he is a Knight of Round is PROOF of that.

I have to disagree. He wouldn't have ordered that attack anyway. He may have thought about it, but that doesn't mean he wanted to do it.

How do you know they WOULDN'T? Not everyone is heartless in Britannia.
Lelouch did go to the ceremony with the intention of becoming a messiah of sorts by having Euphie shoot him. However if you would recall, he actually admitted that Euphie was the one person he could never win against and surrendered. He had every intention of helping Euphie make the Special Administrative Zone work, it was just that his geass went out of control just when he was saying something stupid. The only time he was abusing his power was when he was making those guys do pushups, bark like a dog and whatever else in R2.

I am glad atleast someone finds this amusing and not extremely tiresome. Lelouch said that he was a living corpse to convince C.C he would shoot himself so that she would let him go play with Cornelia. Once again, Lelouch already had plans to fight Britannia even before he got the geass, it was just that his power allowed him to make his move sooner then anticipated. It was lucky that he got geass yes, but the point was that Lelouch would still make his move against Britannia without it. Noone said that Suzaku wasn't instrumental in saving Nunally, or anything of the sort. How does that pertain to this discussion? You are the one making excuses by trying to drag Lelouch down to Suzaku's level instead of making arguments based on Suzaku's merits and accomplishments.

Rules? You make this sound like it is a game. There is a saying, "There are no saints on the battlements." You cannot fight a war with heart and compassion, otherwise your conscience would not allow you to attack others. They are only illusions people cling to to justify their actions. The results are what matters, since history is written by the victors.

When the director (or was it the head writer?) say that Suzaku was using his ideals to justify killing himself to ease his guilt, then it is pretty hard to argue against it. Fact of the matter is despite his alledged intentions, he has accomplised nothing except to farther Britannia's oppression.

First of all, if you have read what I said initially why Suzaku annoys me then you would know that I am not condeming him for being on Britannia's side. Secondly, lets say for argument's sake I am, what exactly has he done so far for the good of the Japanese people except to aid in the oppression? Lelouch has sacrificed people, noone will say otherwise, and he himself admits that there will be more sacrifices. Yet Lelouch moves forward carrying, note that he makes no excuses or does he try to forget, those burdens because he believes in what he is doing. Where as Suzaku hides behind his false convictions and vague intentions.

Once again, it was stated in season one that Lelouch had always had a plan, geass just accelerated it. The point which you seem to be missing is that, yes Suzaku is doing something, infact he is a great Britannian soldier, he follows orders well and is a great pilot. It is just that he is a very poor revolutionary, if he truely intend to change Britannia from the inside, he needs support of the nobles who run things to change the system. Yet has he been shown to even care to try to garner such support? He is not the Knight of Seven because he changed the system, he bought that position with Lelouch and bargained his way in. And yet what reforms has he attempted? The only thing you should be laughing at is his pitiful excuse of "changing things from within".

Whether he would or would not have ordered the attack was not my main point. My point was that if he truely believed in his ideals, his first thought wouldn't have been that he should order the army to open fire, and that he would come to the conclusion of letting the one million people go by himself, instead of using Nunnally and Euphie as a crutch to make that decision for him. And then to go back and doubt the decision of forgiving Zero and letting him go the next episode when tablefap decided to be crazy with a knife.

Since when in Code Geass has the majority of the Britannians in power was shown not oppressive to the numbers? You are right, there are good people in Britannia just like everywhere else, sadly it does not seem like a good number of them are in a position of power where it counts.

Last edited by demon_god04; 2008-06-18 at 12:24. Reason: spelling -.-
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 13:05   Link #582
Aquaman OS

Lelouch's "plan" to fight Britannia was like Suzaku's "plan" to change it from within. Meaning he kept telling himself that but it never would have happened. Lelouch had no plan. He was just trying to get money in the hopes that he'd someday have the means to fight Britannia. Which he did eventually get, but his fight against them just wouldn't be possible without his Geass. If it was he wouldn't be relying on the Geass to do just about everything for him to get his plans to work because he'd have his other "plan" (which never really existed) to work with instead.

In other words if Lelouch never recieved his Geass he'd spend the rest of his life trying to not get noticed while grinding his teeth at Britannia silently thinking "Someday they'll pay" over and over again.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 14:23   Link #583
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Lelouch did go to the ceremony with the intention of becoming a messiah of sorts by having Euphie shoot him. However if you would recall, he actually admitted that Euphie was the one person he could never win against and surrendered. He had every intention of helping Euphie make the Special Administrative Zone work, it was just that his geass went out of control just when he was saying something stupid. The only time he was abusing his power was when he was making those guys do pushups, bark like a dog and whatever else in R2.
Actually, I have to say it wasn't just that his Geass went out of control. If he learned to hold his tongue and wasn't bragging unnecessarily none of that would have happened. Also, the only reason he stopped his plan was because he would have gotten something out of it (Euphie gave up the crown.)

Quote:
I am glad atleast someone finds this amusing and not extremely tiresome.
Ah, I always love a good debate.

Quote:
Lelouch said that he was a living corpse to convince C.C he would shoot himself so that she would let him go play with Cornelia. Once again, Lelouch already had plans to fight Britannia even before he got the geass, it was just that his power allowed him to make his move sooner then anticipated.
Right... How about no. What was his plan? Sit there and hope for the best? As Aquaman OS put it, he had no plan.

Quote:
It was lucky that he got geass yes, but the point was that Lelouch would still make his move against Britannia without it.
Yeah? HOW? He can barely function in battles without using his Geass.

Quote:
Noone said that Suzaku wasn't instrumental in saving Nunally, or anything of the sort. How does that pertain to this discussion? You are the one making excuses by trying to drag Lelouch down to Suzaku's level instead of making arguments based on Suzaku's merits and accomplishments.
The luck area. Lelouch was lucky Suzaku was there.

Quote:
Rules? You make this sound like it is a game. There is a saying, "There are no saints on the battlements."
Then why are you going to insult the way Britannia operates by slaughtering people if Lelouch operates the same way? It sounds very contradictory to me.

Quote:
When the director (or was it the head writer?) say that Suzaku was using his ideals to justify killing himself to ease his guilt, then it is pretty hard to argue against it.
No it isn't. Again, just because the director sees things one way does not make it the absolute truth in an anime that is no where close to cut and dry. I brought this up before in another topic. Just because the director has a view on something does NOT mean that there can't be opposing view points on the matter. If there wasn't all of these topics in general are a waste of time and shouldn't even need to be discussed. But since it is obvious people have different views, they are being discussed. There is no one truth to interperate something.

Quote:
Fact of the matter is despite his alledged intentions, he has accomplised nothing except to farther Britannia's oppression.
I have to disagree. He is going about this a totally different way than Lelouch is. He wants to change things internally. Before he showed up, did anyone ever think that any non-Britannian could pilot a KMF? Or become a knight? Nope. As Deithard even said right in Season One right after Suzaku first became a Knight, the Britannian's now have a symbol that can garner them support from the 11's. If Zero didn't keep pressing things and cause pandemonium everywhere he goes who KNOWS what would have happened.

Quote:
First of all, if you have read what I said initially why Suzaku annoys me then you would know that I am not condeming him for being on Britannia's side.
Really now? This:

"He wants to help people and condems Lelouch's way is wrong, and yet his way of joining the side that are committing massacres, and even standing aside and allowing them is right?"

applies that you are condemning Suzaku for being on the Britannian side.

Quote:
Yet Lelouch moves forward carrying, note that he makes no excuses or does he try to forget, those burdens because he believes in what he is doing. Where as Suzaku hides behind his false convictions and vague intentions.
And what has Lelouch accomplished besides more conflict, pain, and death?

Quote:
Once again, it was stated in season one that Lelouch had always had a plan, geass just accelerated it.
His "plan" would never have been put into action. Where would he get the money, power, army, and everything else? He was just telling himself that to make himself feel better so that he didn't need to think his life was useless.

Quote:
The point which you seem to be missing is that, yes Suzaku is doing something, infact he is a great Britannian soldier, he follows orders well and is a great pilot. It is just that he is a very poor revolutionary, if he truely intend to change Britannia from the inside, he needs support of the nobles who run things to change the system.
Um... Nunnally is now a noble that supports change and he DOES obviously support her. Also, I don't think Schneizel wants to just wipe out and oppress people for that matter (he did love the idea of the SAZ when Euphie proposed it after all.)

Quote:
Yet has he been shown to even care to try to garner such support? He is not the Knight of Seven because he changed the system, he bought that position with Lelouch and bargained his way in.
Yes. So he CAN change the system.

Quote:
And yet what reforms has he attempted? The only thing you should be laughing at is his pitiful excuse of "changing things from within".
Like Lelouch's 'plan' to just wipe everyone out?

Quote:
Whether he would or would not have ordered the attack was not my main point. My point was that if he truely believed in his ideals, his first thought wouldn't have been that he should order the army to open fire, and that he would come to the conclusion of letting the one million people go by himself, instead of using Nunnally and Euphie as a crutch to make that decision for him.
He hardly used them as a crutch. As canis said, he just doesn't like Zero (and who can blame him) so he thought about doing it. He then remembered what happened with Euphie and definitly didn't want to see that happen again. The only thing you have to go one with that is that he thought of it because he despises Zero. Not that he is indecisive.

Quote:
And then to go back and doubt the decision of forgiving Zero and letting him go the next episode when tablefap decided to be crazy with a knife.
Because he knows he can't forgive him deep down. Is that so wrong? That is NORMAL HUMAN EMOTION. Zero was responsible for killing someone close to him and used her to kill a bunch of people effectively dragging her good name through the mud. Who WOULDN'T doubt it? But did he let it happen? No he didn't so you can say all you want, but being human is not a weakness OR a fault. Try again please.

Quote:
Since when in Code Geass has the majority of the Britannians in power was shown not oppressive to the numbers? You are right, there are good people in Britannia just like everywhere else, sadly it does not seem like a good number of them are in a position of power where it counts.
I will still say Schneizel is not some epitome of evil doing. He actually prefers diplomacy over battle and he is in pretty good position to do something about it. We will just have to wait and see on that matter though.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 14:26   Link #584
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Except the thing about Suzaku simply using his ideal to justify himself was proven by Mao and his words were confirmed to be the truth. It isn't so much a viewpoint as a part of his character though you'll just say I'm wrong.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 14:31   Link #585
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Except the thing about Suzaku simply using his ideal to justify himself was proven by Mao and his words were confirmed to be the truth. It isn't so much a viewpoint as a part of his character though you'll just say I'm wrong.
Again, Mao brings out the worst in everybody. He likes to twist things around into the worst possible solution so what he says is not what I call hard fact.

As for the director, again, he may be writing and in charge of the anime but that does not mean he is the Law. Ever here of Critical Essays? Different people critique meanings in a story, book, movie, etc. and each one of them is different from the next even if they are opposing view points from what the directory/writer has. Does that make them wrong? No it doesn't, because like any good creator of entertainment whether it is movies, games, books, or shows they would never shove their views down others throats if they see things differently. Everything has many interpretations and this is no different. Think for yourself as they say. It makes things more enjoyable.
Old 2008-06-18, 14:35   Link #586
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Except it was confirmed that he was not twisting things and was telling the truth.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-18, 14:41   Link #587
Orga777

Quote:
Except it was confirmed that he was not twisting things and was telling the truth.
For what feels like the thousandth time... Just because the director sees something one way, does NOT make it the Absolute Truth. It CAN be interpreted differently. Again, think for yourself. If you believe something in your gut to be different than what the director is saying then that is because your interpretation is different and that does NOT make it wrong.
Old 2008-06-18, 14:48   Link #588
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

But this is what I believe. I do not think Suzaku cared that much about saving people as much as he did about becoming a martyr. I'm sure he did care about his friends and such, but overall his goal to me became more apparent after episode 16. Hell, he even acknowledged it in episode 8 of R2 that he had been seeking death.

Old 2008-06-18, 14:59   Link #589
Orga777

Quote:
But this is what I believe. I do not think Suzaku cared that much about saving people as much as he did about becoming a martyr. I'm sure he did care about his friends and such, but overall his goal to me became more apparent after episode 16. Hell, he even acknowledged it in episode 8 of R2 that he had been seeking death.
Well, if you honestly believe it then that is your view. I vehemently disagree with it just because his actions speak louder than his words. Heck I can probably go into excruciating detail why I think that, but I will save that for another time.

Just don't believe it just because the director has a different opinion though. That just bugs me...<.<'
Old 2008-06-18, 16:09   Link #590
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

dark suzaku = win
Xing Ke = win
Lulu = okay

Kallen = loser

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 16:15   Link #591
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Well, if you honestly believe it then that is your view. I vehemently disagree with it just because his actions speak louder than his words. Heck I can probably go into excruciating detail why I think that, but I will save that for another time.

Just don't believe it just because the director has a different opinion though. That just bugs me...<.<'
And I think you are wrong and looking at the surface of things too much without looking at it more deeply.

I don't consider that an opinion to be honest. It's a plot point to me and without it Suzaku is just very boring.

Old 2008-06-18, 16:34   Link #592
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:

Actually in a sound episode Suzaku admits that he was only seeking death, and just about everything Mao said to himself so >.>
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 16:46   Link #593
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He admitted it in R2 as well. And do you mean the last Picture Book, Deotox?

Old 2008-06-18, 16:47   Link #594
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
He admitted it in R2 as well. And do you mean the last Picture Book, Deotox?
yea that one.
Old 2008-06-18, 16:49   Link #595
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, that one was a pretty good picture of Suzaku in season 1 since he dropped the act finally. I though Koshimizu explained it pretty well a while back as well.

Old 2008-06-18, 16:50   Link #596
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Yeah, that one was a pretty good picture of Suzaku in season 1 since he dropped the act finally. I though Koshimizu explained it pretty well a while back as well.
yea but I can't locate that post Kashimizu made a while ago, it was like over 100 pages in the Spoilers and Speculation thread.
Old 2008-06-18, 16:52   Link #597
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No, it was here actually. It was sort of a rant, but it made some good points.

Old 2008-06-18, 16:53   Link #598
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
dark suzaku = win
Xing Ke = win
Lulu = okay

Kallen = loser
There is no Dark Suzaku. This season has made it quite clear that he's still a more or less nice guy aside from his dislike of Zero. He supports Nunnally, is still friends with the Ashford gang (and is apparantly trying to get Lloyd to treat Milly better) He's not "dark" at all. The only way you could consider that is that he's on the Britannian side and goes against Lelouch which does not make him "evil" since there are no clear cut right sides in this show.
Old 2008-06-18, 16:55   Link #599
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
There is no Dark Suzaku. This season has made it quite clear that he's still a more or less nice guy aside from his dislike of Zero. He supports Nunnally, is still friends with the Ashford gang (and is apparantly trying to get Lloyd to treat Milly better) He's not "dark" at all. The only way you could consider that is that he's on the Britannian side and goes against Lelouch which does not make him "evil" since there are no clear cut right sides in this show.
Yah as for lloyd treating Milly better I don't think that wil happen unless Milly is one of Lloyds invetntions that shipping will not progress
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 16:56   Link #600
Aquaman OS

Yeah but at least he's trying. If he were "dark" he wouldn't give a crap about anything but killing Zero and drinking his blood.

Tags
characters, favorite